Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Sword Art Online

Notices

Old 2014-01-05, 02:49   Link #4361
Tusjecht
Anomaly / 矛盾存在

Quote:
Originally Posted by coded321 View Post
Just a quick question for my curiosity. Is sinon attracted to kirito?
Long story short, yes. Sinon developed feelings for Kirito mid-way through the GGO arc and especially the ending climax.

Of all the haremettes, I have surprisingly high approval for Sinon & Kirito. Putting his personality in the GGO arc aside, Sinon's backstory was believeable and the way she was set up, it really does draw you in with how people try to cope with their trauma. After their cave scene, it draws out from you both the question: "Why do people like guns?" and the answer.

Oh, and a real-life PK was more believable compared to the ALO set up. I'm not saying it was well set up - in all honesty it's still too perfect to be real - but Kawahara's writing definitely improved after ALO.

Makes you wonder if he started writing Accel World and GGO at around the same time.
Tusjecht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-05, 14:03   Link #4362
Netto Azure
→ Wandering Bard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tusjecht View Post
Makes you wonder if he started writing Accel World and GGO at around the same time.
I do wonder about that. Maybe things wouldn't have gotten out of hand if we started with this.

Then again I really don't expect any better from the Internets.

PokeCommuninity | Bulbagarden | Tumblr | MAL
Netto Azure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-05, 16:53   Link #4363
Rageth
Certified Degenerate

Quote:
Originally Posted by coded321 View Post
Just a quick question for my curiosity. Is sinon attracted to kirito?
Maybe, maybe not. She seems to admire him in some way, But I don't think there was ever a point where she said something of that level (or thought it,)

Though, there are scenes where she blatantly teases Kirito and the other girls (Caliber scene, "Think of my when you're using this sword, :3")
Rageth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-06, 06:29   Link #4364
Nihgthawk

So now that Progressive 2 is out is Kawahara going to be working on SAO volume 14 now?
Nihgthawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-06, 06:46   Link #4365
daedalron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nihgthawk View Post
So now that Progressive 2 is out is Kawahara going to be working on SAO volume 14 now?
Probably Accel world first, then volume 14 in april ? Or perhaps the opposite... Time will tell.
daedalron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-06, 07:14   Link #4366
Nihgthawk

Another question I have is anyone translating Rondo of the Transient Sword from Progressive 1 and Progressive 2 as a whole?
Nihgthawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-06, 07:22   Link #4367
novalysis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Netto Azure View Post
I do wonder about that. Maybe things wouldn't have gotten out of hand if we started with this.

Then again I really don't expect any better from the Internets.
Reki is an example of LN authors who improve over time, with higher quality writing in later volumes, as these authors gain experience. I see the same phenomena in Hagani and Haruhi too. Which is why I am skeptical of the theory that LN Authors normally suck in their second volume onward, and the subsequent corollary that all later volumes would therefore also suck.
novalysis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-06, 09:26   Link #4368
Javiersansano

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nihghas't View Post
Another question I have is anyone translating Rondo of the Transient Sword from Progressive 1 and Progressive 2 as a whole?
I believe progressive 1 got licensed, explaining why bakatsuki no longer hosts it. As for vol. 2, Bakatsuki hasn't taken it up, and I don't know about other translation team
Javiersansano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-06, 10:52   Link #4369
anime fan99

I have a question about the Gun Gale Online story line is it More similarity to Aincrad story line or Alfheim story line
anime fan99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-06, 11:09   Link #4370
Trung-t-rung

Quote:
Originally Posted by anime fan99 View Post
I have a question about the Gun Gale Online story line is it More similarity to Aincrad story line or Alfheim story line
A mix of both I guess.
Trung-t-rung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-06, 11:09   Link #4371
dinho14

It has its own story.A completly different game and more action focused with some thriller elements thrown into it.Still like Aincrad death literally plays a big role in the storyline.
dinho14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-06, 11:27   Link #4372
anime fan99

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinho14 View Post
It has its own story.A completly different game and more action focused with some thriller elements thrown into it.Still like Aincrad death literally plays a big role in the storyline.
The problem with Alfheim story line when there was danger outside Asuna 'Fate I did not care. I did not care about Sigurd being cahoots with the Salamanders, and them attacking the Sylph leader Sakuya and the Cait Siths ,

I understood why the characters care as a Video game player I understood , but as a viewer there was no reason to care
Old 2014-01-06, 11:41   Link #4373
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by anime fan99 View Post
The problem with Alfheim story line when there was danger outside Asuna 'Fate I did not care. I did not care about Sigurd being cahoots with the Salamanders, and them attacking the Sylph leader Sakuya and the Cait Siths ,

I understood why the characters care as a Video game player I understood , but as a viewer there was no reason to care
Didn't help that, at the end of that little sub event, he handed over enough money to outfit most of a raid in the best gear, yet he himself just used low level crap. How is anyone supposed to care about his goals and motivations when he himself doesn't seem to care?
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-06, 12:16   Link #4374
Krono

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javiersansano View Post
I believe progressive 1 got licensed, explaining why bakatsuki no longer hosts it. As for vol. 2, Bakatsuki hasn't taken it up, and I don't know about other translation team
I don't think licensing has anything to do with it. The parts of Progressive 1 that were translated are still up on BT. The translator for Rondo of the Transient Sword simply had to stop due to lack of free time, and no one else has picked it up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Didn't help that, at the end of that little sub event, he handed over enough money to outfit most of a raid in the best gear, yet he himself just used low level crap. How is anyone supposed to care about his goals and motivations when he himself doesn't seem to care?
I'm pretty sure when he upgraded from starter gear before setting out, he bought the best gear he could on short notice. Getting really good equipment takes either doing quests, or hunting around for a good smith and buying custom gear. Both of which take a lot of time, and Kirito had limited interest in spending time on MMO things when he just wanted to get to the World Tree. He completely skipped looking up anything about the races and just picked one he liked the looks of, bought gear that was serviceable for mobs likely to be encountered on the way, and that was it. He had no reason to think at the time he set out he'd need super high end gear, so why is the fact that he didn't get any supposed to be a strike against him?
Krono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-06, 12:23   Link #4375
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krono View Post
I'm pretty sure when he upgraded from starter gear before setting out, he bought the best gear he could on short notice. Getting really good equipment takes either doing quests, or hunting around for a good smith and buying custom gear. Both of which take a lot of time, and Kirito had limited interest in spending time on MMO things when he just wanted to get to the World Tree. He completely skipped looking up anything about the races and just picked one he liked the looks of, bought gear that was serviceable for mobs likely to be encountered on the way, and that was it. He had no reason to think at the time he set out he'd need super high end gear, so why is the fact that he didn't get any supposed to be a strike against him?
The Cait Sith and Sylphs were able to find their smiths or whatever, have it made for 30+ people, and make it to Yggdrasil less than a day later than Kirito did. And that's not taking into account that they had to go back to town to do so, whereas he just went straight there.

And he found out early on that the tree was the end game. It was hinted at before he even logged in, and found out from Leafa shortly thereafter. Entire races had tried to beat the tree, yet he was going to attempt it alone. So he thinks crappy low level gear is "serviceable" for the endgame dungeon that entire races have failed to beat? And yes, it was low level gear, Eugene even said so.

Plus, he only got himself one sword. Even without the Dual Wield skill, it was still how he was used to fighting, and wouldn't have hurt to get a backup sword since he had money to spare.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-06, 12:29   Link #4376
Sacredus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nihgthawk View Post
No. There's no even point to start translating this because all chapters of SAO (including side stories etc.) will be removed from Baka-Tsuki.

As for official release:
Sword Art Online 1: Aincrad - 22 Apr 2014
Sword Art Online 2: Aincrad - 26 Aug 2014
Sacredus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-06, 12:33   Link #4377
coded321
He Who Games

why were the chapters removed from baka tsuki in the first place? Copyright?
coded321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-06, 12:39   Link #4378
Sacredus

Yen Press had licensed this.
Sacredus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-06, 23:57   Link #4379
Tusjecht
Anomaly / 矛盾存在

What Sacredus said.

With a set release date, it probably means their translator is already working on it. Fan translation efforts now would mostly be limited to spoilers.

Besides, I'd like to see for myself how YP's translation compares to Baka Tsuki's work.
Tusjecht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-07, 02:08   Link #4380
anime fan99

about Sword Art Online the Video game player part of the mind notice something about the game for a Advanced game like this There was a lot of use for the menus

Game Advanced like this you think there will be a system you think of the skills that you want to use or items without the use of menu

Tags
action, harem, kirito, non-harem, possible harem, romance, shounen, tragedy, virtual reality