AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross > Past Macross Series

Notices

Old 2009-05-23, 22:59   Link #161
Troilism

I'm just going to have to watch it and see for myself. Zero and Plus were entertaining. I must say Zero just looks AMAZING. The dogfights are just...wow.

I'm going to rewatch frontier again and give SDF a go afterwards.
Troilism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-28, 21:59   Link #162
Yot-chan
Minmay Guard

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetoJR View Post
Finally seen it. The jump in quality is remarkable, actually. Hope we get more, soon.
Glad you liked it, and I hope you've been following along!
Yot-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-29, 01:56   Link #163
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yot-chan View Post
Glad you liked it, and I hope you've been following along!
Oh, but I have!

BetoJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-16, 08:19   Link #164
CaptGloval
New Macross soon

This just got to me, but since we're in 2009, aren't we in the SDF Macross timeline now? Anyone care to do an On This Day?
CaptGloval is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-16, 10:12   Link #165
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Heh. There was a commemorative day already. But that idea is actually quite interesting - even if the days are not really all that well accounted for, in the original series, are they?

Old 2009-09-16, 11:48   Link #166
CaptGloval
New Macross soon

Well, there is a chronology found here. It seems there's no significant event this month, but the Battle of Saturn's Rings has already passed five months ago.

Coming this October 5 would be the Battle of Mars Base. October 10 would be Minmay's birthday. (Never knew our birthdays were so close. Also, she's Libra but doesn't act like one.) Some days after that would be the first Miss Macross pageant.
Old 2009-10-03, 20:29   Link #167
Yot-chan
Minmay Guard

So...Macross is 27 years old today.

I'm celebrating by laboriously typing out "Dreaming Prelude~My Fair Minmay."

What's everyone else doing?
Old 2009-10-10, 03:48   Link #168
Yot-chan
Minmay Guard

My translation of "My Fair Minmay" is done!

Can I post the link for it or no...?

Oh well, just to be on the safe side...it's up at Nyaatorrents.

I hope you all enjoy it!
Old 2009-10-10, 12:05   Link #169
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

In the name of every interested Macross fan out there, that never got a chance to read this, I'm here to say THANK YOU. This is a mighty fine read and a nice "behind the curtains" view, at the same time. Can't wait for the rest of the stuff you guys got on your plates, dude.

Again, thank you very much.

Old 2009-10-10, 12:22   Link #170
Yot-chan
Minmay Guard

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetoJR View Post
In the name of every interested Macross fan out there, that never got a chance to read this, I'm here to say THANK YOU. This is a mighty fine read and a nice "behind the curtains" view, at the same time. Can't wait for the rest of the stuff you guys got on your plates, dude.

Again, thank you very much.
The next "firm deadline" releases is a translation of the Macross Christmas album, followed by "Misa Hayase: White Reminiscences" on March 3rd (Misa's 20th birthday).

The translation is Miss DJ is already available, but I'll release it (and the Misa drama album) officially when we get caught up to them in the series. I'll be putting up an ad for a Photoshop whiz to help me with the SDFM film comics as soon as I bang out the script. The SDFM novelizations are kind of lower priority for me right now, but I'll release them when I finish them.

Then it's on to DYRL...
Old 2009-10-11, 21:15   Link #171
chlow6

I just found out some fun coincidence. I just watch the 2012 movie trailer and in there, the world leaders build a super big ship to save some of the human race. A big ship just like SDF-02 Megaroad 01 which coincidently was launched on 2012 too (so that human would not get extinct by colonizing in other planets). Hahaha, maybe someone watch macross? Would be nice if it is true but i hardly doubt so.
chlow6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-13, 07:08   Link #172
CaptGloval
New Macross soon

^I think those ships are more like Noah's Ark. I don't think they fly to space, which decreases their cool points in my book.

Yot-chan, congrats! You actually made it to your deadline on Minmay's birthday
Old 2009-11-06, 13:46   Link #173
cutesherry
.:Sweet Dreamer:.

I finally decided to seriously sit down and watch all the SDF Macross series!
It's pretty ironical that I took this decision in 2009, which is actually the actual timeline of SDF XD

That said, I could see there were 36 episodes in jap, but it seems like it goes up to episode 85 in the US (I have them all by the way, in both jap+subs and US dub, but didn't watched them yet) I was told that episodes 36-85 were originally made dubbed in US-english to start with, and that if the japanese fan wanted to watch it, they would have had to see subs or something @___@ I found it very strange....but on the other side, no matter how much the US could have butchered the series, it's impossible to extend it from 36eps up to 85!
Could anyone explain to me what is this about?
cutesherry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-06, 13:57   Link #174
Snowblind
Professional Lurker

What you're hearing about is Robotech. Robotech was cobbled together from three different, unrelated Japanese series - Super Dimensional Fortress Macross, Super Dimensional Cavalry Southern Cross, and Genesis Climber Mospeada for the US market.

It's generally recommended that you avoid Robotech and watch the original, unrelated Japanese versions. A lot of compromises and changes were made for Robotech.
Snowblind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-06, 14:31   Link #175
cutesherry
.:Sweet Dreamer:.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowblind View Post
What you're hearing about is Robotech. Robotech was cobbled together from three different, unrelated Japanese series - Super Dimensional Fortress Macross, Super Dimensional Cavalry Southern Cross, and Genesis Climber Mospeada for the US market.

It's generally recommended that you avoid Robotech and watch the original, unrelated Japanese versions. A lot of compromises and changes were made for Robotech.
Yep, I knew that Robotech was the 'US version' and also expected them to have butchered it but still, I couldn't explain to myself how they could have added up 50eps from thin air...and to think they actually mixed 3 series, I'm in awe ^^;;
Thanks for the fast reply btw. I had intended to watch the jap version from the very start anyway, but I'm glad my doubt about these mysterious 50eps was cleared out~
cutesherry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-06, 16:05   Link #176
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Good to hear you plan to stay away from Robotech. A few friends of mine have been buying the boxsets because they're going for pretty cheap these days, even when i said i'd lend them my Macross DVD's.

I just end up facepalming at the situation.
Old 2009-11-06, 17:10   Link #177
Yot-chan
Minmay Guard

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutesherry View Post
Yep, I knew that Robotech was the 'US version' and also expected them to have butchered it but still, I couldn't explain to myself how they could have added up 50eps from thin air...and to think they actually mixed 3 series, I'm in awe ^^;;
Thanks for the fast reply btw. I had intended to watch the jap version from the very start anyway, but I'm glad my doubt about these mysterious 50eps was cleared out~
Listen to Shiorth...Robotech's fanbase is mostly made up of people who saw the show when they were little kids, and view it with serious nostalgia goggles.

Watch Macross in Japanese with English subs. It's MUCH, MUCH better. Then, if you want some giggles afterwards, watch a Robotech episode or two on Youtube.
Old 2009-11-06, 17:21   Link #178
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

I'm just glad i experienced Macross first as a child. That way i could completely ignore Robotech.
Old 2009-11-06, 17:23   Link #179
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
I'm just glad i experienced Macross first as a child. That way i can completely ignore Robotech.
I didn't even know Robotech until I arrived on the shores of California.

And boy, my first exposure to Robotech was a resouding... WTF!?

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-06, 17:33   Link #180
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
I didn't even know Robotech until I arrived on the shores of California.

And boy, my first exposure to Robotech was a resouding... WTF!?
I can imagine.

It's a shame Macross never went on sale here, because it would help it a lot more in my efforts to stop people from buying those damn cheap Robotech boxsets.

Tags
action, mecha, romance