Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2008-06-11, 11:37   Link #1841
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eastern_Mage View Post

Although I'm rooting for NegiXAsuna, Being as siblings or cousins might also be kewl for me.
I'm hoping for something other than the obvious and honestly I don't really like Asuna much. Mostly due to her personality.
GuidoHunter_Toki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-11, 12:11   Link #1842
OverMaster
Zok, Biff, Pow, Wham.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samanosuke View Post
Negi being Negi , responsible and all , he probably wouldn't allow himself to have a relation with his students.
Hey, they have to graduate someday. And when they do, they won't be his students anymore. There won't be any taboo in their relationship at that point.
OverMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-11, 12:33   Link #1843
Samanosuke
Genma Killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
Hey, they have to graduate someday. And when they do, they won't be his students anymore. There won't be any taboo in their relationship at that point.
true that , but he'll still probably see them as his students forever.
Also , they will graduate in what ? around 3 to 4 years ? Negi will be 14 , that's when he is going to turn into some kind of horny teenager ? .....oh noes...I just imagined Negi as Keitaro ;_; .
Beside , if they graduate , and Negi remains a teacher a Mahora , they will all be separated .
... And in the meantime , some new girl ( presumably around his age ) will probably arrive and it's going to be instant raburabu.
Samanosuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-11, 12:35   Link #1844
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Negi is doing his magic school internship at Mahora for 1 year. After 1 year he might go back to england or stay in mahora as faculty or a student.
Old 2008-06-11, 13:47   Link #1845
OverMaster
Zok, Biff, Pow, Wham.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
Negi is doing his magic school internship at Mahora for 1 year. After 1 year he might go back to england or stay in mahora as faculty or a student.
Well, unless he changes his gender, not as a student. Mahora is a female academy, after all...
Old 2008-06-11, 13:50   Link #1846
OverMaster
Zok, Biff, Pow, Wham.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samanosuke View Post
Beside , if they graduate , and Negi remains a teacher a Mahora , they will all be separated .
... And in the meantime , some new girl ( presumably around his age ) will probably arrive and it's going to be instant raburabu.
Why can't they stay around the Mahora area after they graduate? Asuna has nowhere else to go (at least not yet), Konoka is the Dean's grandaughter and Setsuna is tied to her, Satsuki will most likely keep her food stand where it is, Mana has to keep taking care of the family shrine, Hakase still will hang around with the local science community unless NASA recruits her... and so on and on.

And I still doubt about the new girl theory. That isn't Akamatsu's usual MO at all.
Old 2008-06-11, 15:57   Link #1847
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Well, unless he changes his gender, not as a student. Mahora is a female academy, after all...
nope, it is co-ed.
Old 2008-06-11, 16:10   Link #1848
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

They have less than one year till graduation - from middle school. After which he will no longer be their teacher, unless he stays on and transfers to high school.

And Mahora Academy has male students. The specific school he teaches in is girls only.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-11, 16:24   Link #1849
Asrialys

If Negi does stay, I don't see a problem moving up and staying with his class. The headmaster probably bends easily to the begging of cute girls. Although, I don't really see the manga progressing past middle school, unless Akamatsu really isn't ready to finish. lol I can barely imagine how these students involved with Negi can return to class after what they're about to go through.

Then when all is said and done, there's a jump to their first or second year of high school, where a new student transfers in with the family name of Maeda. Heh, just joking. Ignore this :P
Old 2008-06-11, 16:26   Link #1850
TnAdct1
Honya-kun

Quote:
Besides, Yue did tell Negi that he didn't have to respond to Nodoka's second love confession until graduation. So we'll probably have some sort of scenario where Negi admits his love during that part of the story (Personally, I'm a NegixNodoka supporter, as those two are so cute together).

Speaking of love confessions, new chapter is out in Japan today, and it focuses on Ako's feelings towards Negi's teenage alter-ego, with Negi discovering that Ako is ready to confess her love to him (anyone else have Ako among their least-favorite students?).
Old 2008-06-11, 16:28   Link #1851
Samanosuke
Genma Killer

Quote:
Why can't they stay around the Mahora area after they graduate? Asuna has nowhere else to go (at least not yet), Konoka is the Dean's grandaughter and Setsuna is tied to her, Satsuki will most likely keep her food stand where it is, Mana has to keep taking care of the family shrine, Hakase still will hang around with the local science community unless NASA recruits her... and so on and on.

And I still doubt about the new girl theory. That isn't Akamatsu's usual MO at all.
well...Last minute addition of a potential love threat to the heroine , yeah that Akamatsu does that.

He did it with A.I love you , and with Love hina. usually the love for the heroine would prevail...but Negima isn't a standard case as..well there are 30(+ if you count the others who aren't his students ) heroines , although only few could claim to be up to the challenge.
But anyway , it was just me stating my crazy speculation to somewhat counter the long discussion about why would or why wouldn't Asuna and ect win . I don't really think Akamatsu will pull a Shyamalan on us , but it would be pretty funny ( to see the shippers reaction :P ) .
Samanosuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-11, 17:29   Link #1852
Asrialys

Quote:
Originally Posted by TnAdct1 View Post
Speaking of love confessions, new chapter is out in Japan today, and it focuses on Ako's feelings towards Negi's teenage alter-ego, with Negi discovering that Ako is ready to confess her love to him (anyone else have Ako among their least-favorite students?).
Spoiler for 216:
Old 2008-06-11, 17:55   Link #1853
OverMaster
Zok, Biff, Pow, Wham.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
And Mahora Academy has male students. The specific school he teaches in is girls only.
Huh, sorry. It's easy to forget that since we see next to zero of the male students.
Old 2008-06-11, 17:57   Link #1854
OverMaster
Zok, Biff, Pow, Wham.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TnAdct1 View Post
I'm no big fan of her, that's for sure. Maybe she's my least favorite except for Makie and the twins.
Old 2008-06-12, 01:49   Link #1855
Eastern_Mage

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuidoHunter_Toki View Post
I'm hoping for something other than the obvious and honestly I don't really like Asuna much. Mostly due to her personality.
She's actually caring. She also cares for Negi a lot. Akamatsu-sensei seems not to veer away from the obvious, so my hopes are high for AsunaXNegi. However, he put on some hints that he might put up something different. Let's just wait and see.
Eastern_Mage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-12, 06:02   Link #1856
Psycho Power J
Taking in Life's hits

If I have to pick, least favorite would probably be Misa. I actually like Ako, although I doubt anything would turn out on her romantic situation. It's literally based on appearance. But I'm curious about that scar and the origin of her hemophobia.

Don't really care too much who Negi ends up with (though I think Yue would be most logical), but the one pairing that would probably get the most reaction out of me would be with Zazie. Whether its with a WTF or a Kudos would depend on how that turns out.
Psycho Power J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-12, 09:17   Link #1857
Eastern_Mage

Translated Period 216 showed that Ako told Negi that he liked Nagi (older version of Negi).
Eastern_Mage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-13, 11:49   Link #1858
aldw

As long as Negi doesn't end up with either Asuna or Nodoka then that's all good...
aldw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-13, 15:23   Link #1859
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Spoiler for 216:
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-13, 16:30   Link #1860
TnAdct1
Honya-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by aldw View Post
As long as Negi doesn't end up with either Asuna or Nodoka then that's all good...
What's wrong with Negi ending up with Nodoka? Those two are so cute together.

Tags
action, fantasy