Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2008-07-09, 09:58   Link #221
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by krisslanza View Post
Don't you mean Crysis?
If you can play that you can play anything!
Well, that too, but I got first-hand experience on how 'demanding' Supreme Commander is
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-09, 22:56   Link #222
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

yea if ur computer can play either Supreme Commander or Crysis ur good to go

.........as long as u don't have Vista, its just a devils cruse it is!

surprsing in that RPGs never really push a computer to its limits(current gen games with current gen computers that is, I know a RPG these days could blow up a computer of yester year or when ever)
Old 2008-07-09, 23:53   Link #223
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Quote:
Originally Posted by boggart View Post
Be ready to get a new one again once it's finally released in X years time...
Lol, I was thinking something similar.

Wich to pick first, Playstation 4 or Diablo III.
Old 2008-07-10, 02:47   Link #224
Izayoi
I LOVE FLAN_CHAN
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Izayoi
Quote:
Originally Posted by krisslanza View Post
Don't you mean Crysis?
If you can play that you can play anything!
Assassin's creed's requirement is "larger" than Crysis'. Some people that can play Crysis can't play Assassin's creed rofl.

Last edited by Izayoi; 2008-07-10 at 03:35.
Izayoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-10, 14:11   Link #225
Traece
:cool:

Actually Diablo III is more than capable of continuing the series. They don't even need a boss that makes perfect sense. They could just as easily bring Deckard Cain back (which they did, actually... Still alive somehow? Suspicious no?) and reveal him to be some sort of super-evil demon boss.

Diablo fans would clap their hands and smile. The reason for this is: Diablo sequels don't need to add more than items, classes, graphics, and the etc. we've come to love.
That may sound a bit bland... But can you honestly say you wouldn't buy Diablo III for the coop, classes, new everything, better graphics, and new things to kill? Diablo II still has a huge fanbase even after all this time. Regular and expansion.

Edit: I bought Assassin's Creed on the 360. Great game, best level design I've ever seen in there... Oh wow... That game just blew me away I can't believe so many people disliked parts of it. Though I admit, the quests were terrible. Doing the same things over and over again gets repetative.
I can play Crysis! I'm one of the only people on Supreme Commander that's not too much of a wuss to play 80x80 maps either. World Domination anyone? :P
Old 2008-07-16, 22:52   Link #226
brocko

^
While most would probably be getting the game without a doubt, I'm pretty sure most if not all of us would like to be impressed by it rather than being let down by it instead. Whether it be through lore or gameplay or any other aspect of the game. Blizzard always wants to make a classic remember

Anyway while we're on the topic of computer requirements, I'm afraid unless we all get end-of-line-high-spec-machines the chances of having useable corpses in D3 are looking slim... =/
Quote:
The main reason for the corpses not being able to stay permanently is the potential number of them on screen at one time, and specifically that each corpse is affected by physics, allowing them to be blasted and thrown all over the place by the force of player abilities.

It's one of the trade offs when integrating new technology, you can get really awesome effects, but they do have a cost. In a 2D world, a sprite of a dead creature doesn't really cost any more (system requirement-wise) than a sprite of something that's alive. Probably less. In a 3D world where a creature dies and then needs to have physics calculations thrown onto it so it can bounce and fall and fly around, they cost substantially more.

We remember fondly those situations where you've just completely obliterated a camp of Fallen, and as you're picking up items - marvel in your destruction. That's a feeling and part of the gameplay where if we can realistically keep some of it without sacrificing features or having insane system requirements we'd definitely like to, but no promises.

Sources:
http://www.battle.net/forums/thread....p=1#post221924
In case the battlenet forums ain't your fancy
http://www.diablofans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12522
Kinda disappointing imo, I'd much rather have useable corpses and a wider array of skills as opposed to fancy death animation if you ask me... =/

http://www.freerice.com/ - For each word you get right, 10 grains of rice is donated through the UN to help end world hunger.
brocko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-17, 01:09   Link #227
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

Fancy death animation? I personally relish the thought of blowing ghouls off of bridges, smashing zombies into furniture and walls, oooooooh the thought itself is getting me turned on....
Old 2008-07-17, 04:34   Link #228
boggart
渡辺曜のお兄さん

I like "corpse explosion"... that was awesomeness at its finest
boggart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-17, 06:08   Link #229
Wandering_Youth
lost in wonder forever...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinova View Post
Fancy death animation? I personally relish the thought of blowing ghouls off of bridges, smashing zombies into furniture and walls, oooooooh the thought itself is getting me turned on....
Hehe, I had moments like those with other games and most of them were LOL moments. I find the interactivity you get from killing enemies or some the environment really fun.
Old 2008-07-17, 08:16   Link #230
brocko

Indeed interactive corpses do make for great LOL moments and are overall very nice eye candy, but that's just all the more reason against disappearing corpses don't you think?

http://www.freerice.com/ - For each word you get right, 10 grains of rice is donated through the UN to help end world hunger.
Old 2008-07-17, 10:49   Link #231
Ending

Beside the rainbows and glittery fairy fields, the real questions is... Will we see naked succubi? And if we do, will they still run away as much as in D1.

Pesky buggers, always making me chase after them.
Ending is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-17, 12:46   Link #232
ACSephiroth
Lucy's man

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wordplay View Post
Beside the rainbows and glittery fairy fields, the real questions is... Will we see naked succubi? And if we do, will they still run away as much as in D1.

I was disappointed in the lack of Succubi in D2, but then we had Andarial for a replacement. Though I thought succubi were supposed to come towards you, not away for you
ACSephiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-17, 17:56   Link #233
Taler
http://typemoon.us

Well they don't like it when you run toward them with big pointy things. Well maybe they do.

But not THAT big.
Taler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-18, 06:21   Link #234
boggart
渡辺曜のお兄さん

Succubi in 3D... that's something rather... interesting...
boggart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-18, 16:53   Link #235
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by boggart View Post
Succubi in 3D... that's something rather... interesting...
Game will probably get an M rating anyway, so why not?

But seriously I dunno. You'd have to pack some decent polygon count to get something other than super-pointy breasts.
Old 2008-07-18, 17:58   Link #236
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

They could have a "Is naked?" option in the quality section.
Old 2008-07-19, 10:56   Link #237
krisslanza
Sleep beneath the flowers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wordplay View Post

This is the $100 question right?

And clearly the run because they're playing hard to get!
Old 2008-08-05, 07:04   Link #238
brocko

D3's Lead Designer comments on Fan-altered screenshots
http://multiplayerblog.mtv.com/2008/08/04/...r-turns-tables/
Quote:
MTV Multiplayer: Just to be clear, are we going to see a lot more rainbows during the game?

Wilson: [laughs] After the announcement, one of our environment artists went to the darkest area in Act One and put a giant rainbow across the whole area. No, you’re probably not going to see a ton of rainbows. But we don’t think the one that’s in there is that big a deal. You know it’s like, it’s a waterfall. My favorite [criticism] is the one that analyzed the light refraction angle, and told us why from that angle seeing a rainbow would actually be impossible. Oh yeah, and it was upside down because the colors were reversed. And we’re like, “This is a whole different world than ours! Who’s to say that light refracts the same in the Diablo world?” [laughs]

We don’t think it’s that big a deal; we just think it adds a lot of interest to that scene. We don’t have specific plans to fill “Diablo” with rainbows. It’s not like we restarted the project and were like “Diablo III — now with rainbows!” Although I will say the pitch that I originally did, once we decided what we were going to do, said “Diablo III — now with pants.” Because we added a pants slot.
Interesting and insightful read/interview to say the least Also is anyone else apart from me anticipating a secret rainbow level now?

BTW for those who havn't heard yet, Blizzard last week officially stated they they intend to keep the art style and "that there was no going back now", despite the petition by fans to do so. http://multiplayerblog.mtv.com/2008/...-talks-colors/

EDIT
:
Oh, I forgot to mention Blizz also plans to implement 'achievements' across all their newer games now, starting with D3, SC2 and WOW:WOTLK, I presume. I guess this was probably one of the 'awesome things' that had install for Bnet2? Can't say I'm enthusiastic about it to be honest. But meh, whatever I'll just ignore if i don't like it lol =P
Source: http://www.kotaku.com.au/games/2008/...l_games-2.html

Last edited by brocko; 2008-08-05 at 07:20.
Old 2008-08-05, 13:14   Link #239
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

I usually think developers arguing with fans can be risky, but this time it was pretty funny. All the reasons the dev makes are sensible ones, and fans who want the game to be more grim and dark have to look at the situation from a practical, developer standpoint as well as an artistic one and realize that many of their ideas just won't work in practice.
Old 2008-10-10, 14:46   Link #240
Knight Hawk
Lurker

For those not keeping tabs with Blizzcon: Wizard is the next playable class! Woohoo~

Wizard trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u2azMHCaO_k&fmt=18
http://www.blizzard.com/diablo3/media/movies/wizard.xml Bada$$

Also new MMO confirmed and the Warcraft movie is still being worked on.
Source: http://www.mmo-champion.com/

Tags
arpg, blizzard, dungeon crawler