AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Majutsu no Index

Notices

View Poll Results: To Aru Majutsu no Index - Episode 24 (END) Rating
Perfect 10 14 16.47%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 23 27.06%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 12 14.12%
7 out of 10 : Good 19 22.35%
6 out of 10 : Average 12 14.12%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 3 3.53%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 1.18%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.18%
Voters: 85. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2009-03-21, 04:10   Link #41
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razken View Post
I am sure that most would agree that toradora got better towards the end, and that it had some good moments and actually had people looking forward to the next episode. People who think otherwise to this are ones that expect something like a 1:1 from the novel, or weren't happy with the final pairing and are putting it down because of that. Or maybe it's because of some other lousy reason, like having stopped watching toradora before it got good.
Or perhaps because the type of story toradora throws at you may not be what you like?

While I agree Index really could have done better with the last arc, if you put a Toradora DVD and a To Aru DVD before me and ask me 'which one shall we watch tonight?" I'll choose Index every single time.

Toradora and Index are two vastly different shows, so to say the people who prefer Index are 'wrong' is a flawed analogy to begin with.

I started watching Index and stopped after the fifth episode. I picked it up a few weeks later again and enjoyed the rest of the ride.

I started watching Toradora and stopped after the fifth episode. I tried to pick it up again, but just... couldn't. Every time I tried to watch Toradora I just felt bored after a few minutes and started watching something else. I kept following the blogs and flared up an episode which I thought I would be interested in, but I just wasn't.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-21, 04:48   Link #42
Ichy
It`s a miracle!

Location: This is the Kind of Woman I want to play Games with. And by playing Games I mean.... ^____^
The animu ended with Index getting squished? Or was that Episode 23? Seriously Im so bored I lost track...
Old 2009-03-21, 05:39   Link #43
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Well, it certainly didn't feel like a 'last episode' at all With that kind of ending it's almost certainly screaming to have a continuation...

(... After Shakugan no Shana Third, Zero no Tsukamai 4 and Hayate no Gotoku: Second Season )

The real Down Side for this episode is the constant repeating of the friendship theme, I myself have gotten immune to it (Try playing Star Ocean 4), but I won't blame anyone for -ing.

On the up side... "Look at me doc! No injuries! "

(He forgotten to mention that he was beating up a girl)

Anyway, looking cool there Touma, It was a nice straight forward finish fight, who knew what Index unintentionally boast could actually come in handy
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-21, 06:16   Link #44
Sakimichi
{Hearts}

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sterling01 View Post
I have to say even though it screamed season 2 and was kinda repetitive. I have say it was still better then what Toradora has become
Is it really that good than toradora?, apparently i haven't saw this anime yet so i can't tell.. lol
since you mentioned it, I've give this series a try
Sakimichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-21, 07:01   Link #45
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakimichi View Post
Is it really that good than toradora?, apparently i haven't saw this anime yet so i can't tell.. lol
since you mentioned it, I've give this series a try
Maahhh~ To say that this series is not for everyone would be an understatement...
Old 2009-03-21, 07:07   Link #46
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Then again, the same can be said for Toradora. Just give it a try and you'll find out, common opinion is that it really picks up after episode 6 though.
Old 2009-03-21, 08:51   Link #47
Darco_emp
Bored and Lurking ~

Send a message via MSN to Darco_emp
I would say episode 10 onwards xD, I'm never a fan of vol 2 arc. Still this series does have a great story and does follow the novel very closely the only downside is the quite large section of dialog. Still it is a series I will recommend.
Darco_emp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-21, 08:54   Link #48
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Issard Arc has batshit!insane Touma at the end, which was awesome. :3

It's also easy on the Touma-speeches, another upside.
Old 2009-03-21, 08:58   Link #49
Darco_emp
Bored and Lurking ~

Send a message via MSN to Darco_emp
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Issard Arc has batshit!insane Touma at the end, which was awesome. :3

It's also easy on the Touma-speeches, another upside.
I don't mind the speeches that much, then again the novel Touma rattles on even more. The main problem I found with Issard arc is that it have almost no interaction with rest of the story, and the character introduced have no impact whatsoever.
Darco_emp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-21, 10:01   Link #50
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darco_emp View Post
I don't mind the speeches that much, then again the novel Touma rattles on even more. The main problem I found with Issard arc is that it have almost no interaction with rest of the story, and the character introduced have no impact whatsoever.
Come on guys ... the problem is not that some characters rants for 5 min non-stop; it is that if you just completely ignore what they say, the rest of the events pretty much make sense, making their techno/magick-bubble just an excuse to cut down animation cost and increase the page count

As for Himegami's arc, I liked it because of her and some well thought imagery (e.g. the flashback from her childhood, the final confrontation with Aurelius, etc.).

Concerning the last episode, I liked it, despite agreeing 100% with serenade_beta's negative point-of-view. It could have been much worse.
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-21, 10:20   Link #51
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
So Touma pretty much went to the hospital just to comment on not needing to be hospitalized ? Well guess it was such a major accomplishment that he couldn't help heading over there to show off.

Still the best part was probably at the end with Kuroko and Mikoto. Have to think it's probably not the first time she has pulled such a stunt .

Honestly I was waiting for Index to tackle Hyoka right off the building . Not a bad job keeping her balance after being charged at like that. Why were they up there anyways? Touma can give his speeches on the ground after all.
Old 2009-03-21, 10:21   Link #52
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
Come on guys ... the problem is not that some characters rants for 5 min non-stop; it is that if you just completely ignore what they say, the rest of the events pretty much make sense, making their techno/magick-bubble just an excuse to cut down animation cost and increase the page count
Well, I like techno/magic rambling. I'm the type that enjoys the nitty gritty details behind a spell rather then just "fire da lazor!"

Admitedly they don't have to explain every spell (and certainly not when it interrupts the flow of a battle or worse the story in general), but mostly the extra info is most welcome.
Old 2009-03-21, 10:29   Link #53
ReddyRedWolf

After reading Motoharu's hypothesis on Hyouka she is closer to Misha than I thought.

Brings back to Komoe sensei conjuring an angel.

In a way Hyouka is a scientific version of Misha.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-21, 10:55   Link #54
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Easy on the spoilers, Reddy, I just found out something I really would have preferred to have found out watching the series.
Old 2009-03-21, 11:33   Link #55
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

This last episode is hilarious at the end.

Spoiler for spoiler:

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-21, 13:03   Link #56
eiyuu99

I was wondering about this.
If Index went to Touma's school before,
why didn't she do it again for her lunch?
eiyuu99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-21, 13:18   Link #57
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by eiyuu99 View Post
I was wondering about this.
If Index went to Touma's school before,
why didn't she do it again for her lunch?
Probably because Komoe must have called security on her to stop her from going in

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
This last episode is hilarious at the end.

Spoiler for spoiler:
Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
After reading Motoharu's hypothesis on Hyouka she is closer to Misha than I thought.

Brings back to Komoe sensei conjuring an angel.

In a way Hyouka is a scientific version of Misha.

Easy on the spoilers, Reddy, I just found out something I really would have preferred to have found out watching the series.
Huh what do you mean? I don't see any spoilers Unless you skipped the previous previous previous arc or something...
Old 2009-03-21, 13:23   Link #58
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Let's just say that I was under the belief that Misha didn't want to touch Touma because at that time she was an angel.
Old 2009-03-21, 16:31   Link #59
Haruyasha
名前は?
*Scanlator

So.. season 2.. definite? Guessing, due to the nature of the ending.

On top of that, I think they should release one or two fanservice episodes for the dvd release. (To make up for 25 and 26, with Mikoto in mind. )

Perhaps another date?
Haruyasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-21, 20:04   Link #60
Nochgo
iceman
*Scanlator

Ugh, I wasn't hoping for it, but yet again we got preaching Touma. Was he really that bad in the novels? Also, it seems like we will be getting season two. I really wanted that word 'owari' thing at the end, but well, whatever, who knows if they do a better job or not.

Last edited by Nochgo; 2009-03-23 at 17:48.
Nochgo is offline   Reply With Quote