AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2009-09-17, 12:23   Link #1
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Watashi ni XX Shinasai!

Quote:
From Nagareboshi Manga:

In class, she's a sort of zoned-out girl, and he's the year one class' most perfect, good-looking guy.
But the two of them have a secret, and their extraordinary "love experience" will start now!
Spoiler for Chapter 1:
Old 2009-09-17, 12:45   Link #2
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Yeah, this manga is pretty good, and the 3rd chap finally came out too. I like the art style, it's the same as Koko ni Iru Yo(maybe by the same author as well). With only 3 chapters its still good, because Yukino's feelings are still platonic, and hopefully they'll stay that way for a while.
frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-17, 20:25   Link #3
BlueDo

Yep, been reading this.
Seems like irregular releases.

I feel like a lot of cliched things are going to happen, but it'll be a fun ride.
BlueDo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-18, 22:59   Link #4
Jze0
Hmmm...

I've also been reading this for a while and I really like it so far. One of the few Shoujo manga that has my interest as of right now. The main character is something else and I love the fact that she always seems to be one step ahead of the male lead with his tricks to get back at her an all. Her missions are also fun to watch too. I think these two will slowly fall in love.
Old 2009-12-16, 11:15   Link #5
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

I been reading the new chapters & its got more interesting.
Spoiler for 4-6:
Old 2009-12-16, 17:40   Link #6
DJ Trouble
Pajama Party!

Haha, I ran across this the other day. It's a very interesting story, more interesting than I thought it would be. Six chapters wasn't enough though. It doesn't look like anyone is releasing this steadily though.
DJ Trouble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-16, 21:22   Link #7
Jze0
Hmmm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Trouble View Post
Haha, I ran across this the other day. It's a very interesting story, more interesting than I thought it would be. Six chapters wasn't enough though. It doesn't look like anyone is releasing this steadily though.
Theres a reason for that... this series is monthly. Plus current scanlations are caught up but I think ch 7 raws came out last week or sometime recently.
Old 2009-12-16, 21:35   Link #8
frubam
simp for Lyria

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
I been reading the new chapters & its got more interesting.
Spoiler for 4-6:
I can't say that I like how Yukino just blew off Akira like that, despite the fact that he saved her AND had a serious expression when he was confessing to her. That was VERY disappointing to me, to say the least. Could she not feel the empathy in his words? I know this is the trivial "he's my best friend, so he couldn't be serious" cliche that pops up in alot of shoujo mangas these days, but I was actually hoping for a Strobe Edge ch12/13 scenario, where
Spoiler for Str Edge c12/13:
That would have made that scene had more impact than it did. I don't even understand how someone like her can like Hinata, despite what he's done to her. Maybe she's a masochist >.>.
Old 2009-12-16, 22:30   Link #9
DJ Trouble
Pajama Party!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jze0 View Post
Theres a reason for that... this series is monthly. Plus current scanlations are caught up but I think ch 7 raws came out last week or sometime recently.
That's a relief. I thought I saw 08 releases for the first few chapters. xD I'll have to start paying closer attention to release dates.
DJ Trouble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-17, 00:36   Link #10
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

*ahem* bad boy wins again? shame... this one series is going to go for the stereotypical shoujo route.
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-17, 01:59   Link #11
ZODDGUTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
*ahem* bad boy wins again? shame... this one series is going to go for the stereotypical shoujo route.
Eh personally the only reason I'm following this series is because of the constant banter going on between the two, always trying to one up each other, it's fun to watch.
ZODDGUTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-17, 02:02   Link #12
DanielSong39

Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post
I don't even understand how someone like her can like Hinata, despite what he's done to her. Maybe she's a masochist >.>.
If it makes you feel any better, she treats him just as bad as he treats her. Truly, we're seeing some major sado-masochistic dynamics in this manga... when are we going to see the whips and chains?
DanielSong39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-17, 02:16   Link #13
Sol Falling

The premise/title of this manga is too sexy. I'm glad Akira basically amounts to nothing, 'cause he's got nothing to do with said dynamic. Hinata may have done a jerk thing in chapter 4, but even he knew he took it too far that time (just didn't get a chance to fix it), and their antagonistic/adversarial relationship is key to the awesome tension in all these 'do XX to me' scenes.

Honestly, I don't get why anybody would prefer Akira. He's just the generic 'loyal'/'protective' childhood friend. Though maybe that sarcasm is unwarranted; given that he didn't even kiss Yukina when she asked him to, why do we assume he has romantic feelings for her in the first place? Anyway, point is, Akira brings nothing central to the story; this manga has been about Yukina's relationship with Hinata from the beginning--without it, it wouldn't even exist.

Anyway, this manga's been on my list for a while now as just below my triumvirate of awesome shoujo manga (those being Momo, Kaichou wa Maid-sama, and Akagami no Shiroyuki). Tooyama Ema's art is pretty damn nice too (in a unique way), and she's also got quite a nice cute/light/fanservicey seinen comedy called Hyakuen! going right now so honestly I can say I'm a fan.
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-17, 09:55   Link #14
frubam
simp for Lyria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol View Post
Honestly, I don't get why anybody would prefer Akira. He's just the generic 'loyal'/'protective' childhood friend. Though maybe that sarcasm is unwarranted; given that he didn't even kiss Yukina when she asked him to, why do we assume he has romantic feelings for her in the first place? Anyway, point is, Akira brings nothing central to the story; this manga has been about Yukina's relationship with Hinata from the beginning--without it, it wouldn't even exist.
Whether Akira is likable or not is irrelevant, she believed the words of someone she barely knows(Hinata), not to mention knowing he doesn't agree with what she's doing to him, yet DOESN'T believe the words of her best friend, who's supported her(i'm assuming) from the beginning. Did she see his heroic act of saving her at teh end of ch 5 as nothing? Now i'm the first to complain and throw around "cliche" when i see it, and indeed, his position as Yukino's friend/protector is cliche', but at least she should respect the resolve he had to do what he did. I almost have the impression that he isn't her best friend, and that he is only someone who hangs around her(i.e. the idea of them being friends is one-sided).

Last edited by frubam; 2009-12-17 at 10:22.
Old 2010-01-22, 16:08   Link #15
frubam
simp for Lyria

Hinata fails at trying to hide his feelings. With my feelings as they are right now towards him, I hate that he is eventually going to end up with Yukina.

i thought it was SOOOO cute how she was logically analyzing what Hinata said about her being cute, and even discussing it with her parents .

As far as the end, now THAT'S more what I was expecting. I had a feeling Akira would come through at least once if Hinata screwed up. Even though I don't think Yukina will change her mind about how she feels about Akira, if she can at least come to understand a little about receiving affection without having to ask someone to give it, then she will evolve herself a bit further as a char[though she has already changed a bit from how she was at the very beginning of the story].
Old 2010-01-22, 19:22   Link #16
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

She's only attracted to the "bad boy" because of the dillusions of "first times"... ah to be young again.
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-22, 21:23   Link #17
Sol Falling

I think shoving Hinata into the 'bad boy' box or character type is pretty off base. lol seriously, he has nothing of the standard 'bad boy' appeal. Let's recap:

-His standard personality is super kind nice guy.
-He gets off on making girls think he's a nice person, not making them want him sexually.
-His actual personality is a (pettily) self-centered and arrogant bitch.
-He gets petty and vengeful against something as minor as some girl discovering his true personality and blackmailing him, instead of being a real bad boy and taking control of her in a more threatening and physical manner.

Hinata is nothing like an actual 'bad boy'. You might think that way because he isn't a nice guy and Yukina is attracted to him, which sets of the standard 'why are women attracted to jerks?' response, but Yukina is only actually attracted to him because she is a fairly strange animal herself, what with her introversion, novel writing, and lack of romantic experience. It has nothing to do with Hinata's genuine 'bad boy' qualities, of which he has none.

The reason why YukinaxHinata is superior to YukinaxAkira is because it is redemptive/positive growth for the both of them. Neither Yukina nor Hinata connect with people on any real level. Just as Yukina is always hiding behind her glasses, Hinata is always hiding behind his kind and smiling ('perfect' ) face. Hinata is a petty, two-faced jerk, while Yukina has no problem blackmailing people and forcing them to obey her. Neither of them are in any position to grow into healthy, happy people with healthy, happy relationships. That is why the possibility of them actually growing to like each other and open up genuinely is so compelling. Akira, on the other hand, has no real personal issues. Furthermore, as he is already close to and understands Yukina by nature of being family, falling in love with him wouldn't really do anything to help her to learn to open up to the rest of the world.

I don't think any of the readers are supposed to find Hinata an especially attractive character (from the author's perspective; aside from his character design, that is, which has to have at least the standard shoujo appeal). I do think we are supposed to find him a sympathetic character, however. He's just young and has succeeded in fooling people well enough that he hasn't learned how to consider other people's feelings yet. You can see that he's a decent guy beneath it all, though, because he felt bad when he hurt his 'enemy' beyond what was right and because he did despite his position genuinely manage to find a girl as innocent as Yukina 'cute'.

As for chapter 8's cliffhanger, :P there will be some challenges ahead. I'm on the edge of my seat though.
Old 2010-01-26, 14:52   Link #18
ZODDGUTS

Shigure a bad boy? Have we been reading the same manga?

What Sol Falling said about Shigure is right about he's character.

Anyways about ch 9 good development, this will make Yukina figure out on her own how she feels about Shigure and Akira though it's pretty obvious how she feels. Once she figures it out will she fight for Shigure's love? Thinks so even with the girl that Shigure apparently likes is coming back to school.
ZODDGUTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-27, 03:16   Link #19
Sol Falling

Saw this on mangafox; here's the cover for Chapter 10, it seems to be a preview from an official website or something (there are a couple pages of the actual chapter too if you go to the link; I'm gonna refrain from spoiling myself though):

http://games.nakayosi-net.com/image/...ni/page01.html

Damn hot innit? Let's get hyped and stuff .
Old 2010-02-01, 15:09   Link #20
Kunagisa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol Falling View Post
Saw this on mangafox; here's the cover for Chapter 10, it seems to be a preview from an official website or something (there are a couple pages of the actual chapter too if you go to the link; I'm gonna refrain from spoiling myself though):

http://games.nakayosi-net.com/image/...ni/page01.html

Damn hot innit? Let's get hyped and stuff .
... this doesn't turn into a 1 girl 2 guy thing does it? I'm a huge fan of Hyakuen and was thinking about reading this, which I felt pretty good after reading chapter 1, but ... seeing that spread makes me reconsider.
Kunagisa is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
character derailment, cheap romance, cliche shoujo, comedy, crappy drama, dumbina, low grade shoujo, not sudden netorare, out of character, romance, school life, shoujo, sudden netorare