AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2012-09-17, 20:58   Link #4621
I Fail at Life

Am i on the right planet? *checks* Nope! *proceeds to jump out window*
I Fail at Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-17, 22:23   Link #4622
D-KLAC
KLAC OF THE ANIME WORLD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
Last time we had that, she killed her boyfriend.

- Tak
what wrong having a gundam tv series main lead being a FEMALE?

like it every gundam person's worst nightmare or last thing no expect to see?

give besides if bring back GS series or next gundam series so why just make have main lead being a FEMALE.

come on it would quite a different side to see in a woman's point of view.
YOU EITHER ANIME NEXUS http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 OR AGAINST THE ANIME
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6WFM...eature=related
KLAC OF PERSONALITY http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqyG8w0iMPw
D-KLAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-17, 22:46   Link #4623
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-KLAC View Post
I don't remember saying anything wrong with it. Still doesn't make the fact less true.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-18, 00:52   Link #4624
Znozzy
Praise the sun!

Quote:
I don't remember saying anything wrong with it. Still doesn't make the fact less true.

- Tak
Put that thing on your ignore list ASAP. It has a sick perverse obsession with females and lacus clyne in general, save yourself the headache.

if Destiny manages to get a REMASTER, a movie might be possible assuming sales are good, and well, they rewrite two thirds of destiny. lol
Znozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-18, 00:56   Link #4625
D-KLAC
KLAC OF THE ANIME WORLD

well give only if HD destiny in 2014 give same time for GSD's 10th year & ironic 35th year of gundam.

unless return on GS era with either movie or finally pull in give main female gundam pilot either way Lacus will return & save women era of gundam.
YOU EITHER ANIME NEXUS http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 OR AGAINST THE ANIME
Old 2012-09-18, 05:56   Link #4626
Destined_Fate

A movie wont require any plot rewrites since in the end the three guys make peace and join forces. It would be nice but I doubt they'll do anything major.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-KLAC View Post

like it every gundam person's worst nightmare or last thing no expect to see?

give besides if bring back GS series or next gundam series so why just make have main lead being a FEMALE.

come on it would quite a different side to see in a woman's point of view.
The audience is mostly male, they want to be able to pretend they're the hero of the series or something. Pretty hard to be the hero if the hero is the opposite gender. Unless the target audience changes we're stuck with male leads and girls being support, villains, or the tragic love interest that must give the main guy some tragic development.

What does Lacus have to do with anything? She can't pilot, she's a Captain/former idol/Kira's lover and there's no reason to suddenly take away a lot of her responsibility just so she can pilot(and get out shined in piloting by the 3 male leads). If anything it would be Cagalli or Lunamaria that would be saving the day alongside the male leads in Gundams unless the movie adds in a new female pilot who will need a love interest(for the shipping) and that would just make the movie too crowded for time. So most likely the movie will just be the ultimate team up with the 3 male leads with Lunamaria, Lacus, and maybe Cagalli helping out. Murrue most likely would be dragged out of retirement alongside Mwu at some point as well. I would prefer they don't, Cagalli deserves her Akatsuki.
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-18, 07:19   Link #4627
D-KLAC
KLAC OF THE ANIME WORLD

but it one thing yet to happen really would new breath & new ideas to see it in a woman's point of view.

give if another GS series or next gundam tv series have main lead female it would be truly finally something it about finally right time to see.
Old 2012-09-18, 07:37   Link #4628
Destined_Fate

Breath of fresh air isn't going to pay the bills though and Gundam almost always has been the Boys Club. It's going to take a lot to change that mindset and a really strong female lead. SEED is too plagued with Kira, Athrun, and Shinn in the spotlight. A sidestory or a completely new series would be needed to get a strong girl lead that doesn't have to deal with fans wanted the popular guys back in the spotlight.

Though after 00 and AGE I hope that we at least get a secondary Female Lead that gets a Gundam and not just hand me downs in the next Gundam series.
Old 2012-09-18, 07:44   Link #4629
Aquaman OS

Even if they made a Gundam lead female, it probably wouldn't be that drastic a POV change. She'd just be the typical Gundam lead. Only female.

Case in point, people wanted a Final Fantasy female lead for some time now (X-2 didn't really count as it just reused characters from the previous game and there wasn't a character driven narritave) In FF 13, they finally gave everyone one. Lightning. And while she was and still is extremely popular she's pretty much just a genderflipped stereotypical modern day FF lead. Stoic brooding badass with a sword. Who happens to be female. She shows occasional feminity but it's few and far between. 99 percent of the time her gender is irrelevant.

That's probably what a female Gundam lead would be.
Aquaman OS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-18, 07:54   Link #4630
Destined_Fate

I wouldn't say it's worthless though, even if she still acts like a regular lead it's still doesn't render it worthless to have the lead as female. Writing her to be attractive, personality wise(we don't need a female Gundam lead running around in high heels in a Gundam), to fans is the issue though. After all being a woman alone makes it much harder to sell her than had she been a guy.
Old 2012-09-18, 07:56   Link #4631
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquaman OS View Post
Even if they made a Gundam lead female, it probably wouldn't be that drastic a POV change. She'd just be the typical Gundam lead. Only female.

Case in point, people wanted a Final Fantasy female lead for some time now (X-2 didn't really count as it just reused characters from the previous game and there wasn't a character driven narritave) In FF 13, they finally gave everyone one. Lightning. And while she was and still is extremely popular she's pretty much just a genderflipped stereotypical modern day FF lead. Stoic brooding badass with a sword. Who happens to be female. She shows occasional feminity but it's few and far between. 99 percent of the time her gender is irrelevant.

That's probably what a female Gundam lead would be.
Christina McKenzie, a lead Gundam pilot from 0080 is both feminine and badass though. So, female lead doesn't always have to leave her femininity at home to be an MC in a Gundam series (though in the middle of a battle both male & female are mostly treated and act the same).
Old 2012-09-18, 08:15   Link #4632
Aquaman OS

Chris wasn't really the lead though. That kid was. It was an unusual Gundam OVA. Chris just piloted the Gundam. In fact she's actually the least developed out of her Bernie and the kid.

In fact compared to who got sympathetic focus, Chris arguably was the antagonist of the story.
Aquaman OS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-18, 08:30   Link #4633
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Chris wasn't really the lead though. That kid was. It was an unusual Gundam OVA. Chris just piloted the Gundam. In fact she's actually the least developed out of her Bernie and the kid.

In fact compared to who got sympathetic focus, Chris arguably was the antagonist of the story.
That’s right. As I said, Chris is the lead Gundam pilot, not the lead character (you’re right, it’s the kid & Bernie). I meant to use Chris to mirror the possibility that a female lead character (Gundam pilot) in a series can be badass with all her femininity intact.
Old 2012-09-18, 08:45   Link #4634
D-KLAC
KLAC OF THE ANIME WORLD

Quote:

besides i'm saying female main lead for TV series gundam aka 50eps version of it.

& if happen give other anime got main leads being female so when gundam tv going have female & so here ideas IF next GS series or next gundam tv lead is a female

1.have her normal girl but gundam pilot skill aka kira yamato yet she is a orphan & twist wham big bad is her long lost mom & big bad's 2nd in command is her lost long older sister.

2.have female main lead either as clone/cyborg person with no memory yet pilot a gundam.

3.female main lead is handicap either by blind & yet can sense things by touching & see in the rain or missing limbs?

4.have female main lead be multi-world traveler aka doctor who, den-o, DECADE.

5.female main lead is singer/idol then later gundam pilot aka what if Lacus be gundam pilot.
Old 2012-09-18, 10:36   Link #4635
Tak

Well, for female leads, there is Mobile Suit Gundam Ecole du Ciel, drawn by the wonderful Haruhiko Mikimoto. Of course, its not televised, but what the heck...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Znozzy View Post
Put that thing on your ignore list ASAP. It has a sick perverse obsession with females and lacus clyne in general, save yourself the headache.
He is to Lacus as Mashymre Cello is to Haman Karn? Of course the latter was mostly imagining things, but...

Other than that, I have heeded your advice and it has indeed, proved helpful in reliving my headaches.

Speaking of Haman Karn, while not a protagonist, she royally screwed everyone pretty damn well.

And she did that with just Axis...

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2012-09-18, 10:50   Link #4636
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Well, for female leads, there is Mobile Suit Gundam Ecole du Ciel, drawn by the wonderful Haruhiko Mikimoto. Of course, its not televised, but what the heck...

Speaking of Haman Karn, while not a protagonist, she royally screwed everyone pretty damn well.

And she did that with just Axis...

- Tak
Still, I prefer my female MC Gundam pilot to have mannerism like Chris or Unicorn’s Mineva, not like Haman or Marida. The latter pair is pretty much dudes in women’s bodies .

Four Murasame & Rosamia Badam are pretty nice, but they're too messed-up in the heads.
Old 2012-09-18, 10:54   Link #4637
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Still, I prefer my female MC Gundam pilot to have mannerism like Chris or Unicorn’s Mineva,
I really can't blame Haman or Marida for becoming the way they are. Believe it or not, Haman used to be a very gentle and loving!

And of course, Marida... being connected with Ple Two just won't guarantee a good end...

But I like Mineva, I really do.

Mineva had gone a long way since the days of ZETA, and unlike the other delusional Zabi loyalists, she can actually think straight.

Which by the way, is a pretty rare quality in her family.

- Tak

Old 2012-09-18, 11:13   Link #4638
I Fail at Life

But...but..bu we should all move on lol I kid I kid

Nah but seriously were going somewhere over----------------------->here with this.

there<----------------------------------So lets get back over. Ok
I Fail at Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-18, 14:21   Link #4639
Washu-Chan