Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2012-06-11, 14:46   Link #981
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Send a message via MSN to SonicSP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Not officially, I don't think. Can't really see them calling it anything else though. I wish they'd give the battleships model numbers like they do with mobile suits--it'd make figuring that out so much easier.

Looking back through older episodes, I noticed that the Gafran and the Baqto were able to physically hold back the Gundam AGE-1 Titus when they grappled. The Gafran breaking free of the Adele Titus back in generation 2 does look more plausible now, though the two Adeles should've been able to trash at least that Gafran.
In theory they should, but I guess it depends on how much things are upgraded on both sides. The Adeles were mentioned to be as strong as the AGE-1 but it wasnt specified AGE-1 at what point (I rather believe the original V1.0 judging by how sucky they are in general), while the the Baqtos and Gafrans may have had more upgrades by the Vagans to continue their justified use as (the always superior than EF grunt quality) Vagan-level mass production units. If we take into account the Vagan's mysterious quick adaptive-upgrade method plus some anti AGE System politics on the EF side, it might explain to some degree why there's always a performance gap at the grunt level.

I'm not a big fan of Max and Arisa, but to be fair they're not the only ones who have their asses handed to them constantly while using Adeles. That being said, I guess to lose to a Gafran in hand to hand combat in a ground setting while using Tituses really sets a new low.

Last edited by SonicSP; 2012-06-11 at 15:02.
SonicSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-18, 15:34   Link #982
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

So in the novelization, there was apparently yet another AGE-1 G-Wear? The Gundam AGE-1 Gold Arrow, which was designed as a countermeasure against the Farsia.
Old 2012-06-18, 16:10   Link #983
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Quote:
So in the novelization, there was apparently yet another AGE-1 G-Wear? The Gundam AGE-1 Gold Arrow, which was designed as a countermeasure against the Farsia.
Old news.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-19, 07:18   Link #984
coodie29

Send a message via Yahoo to coodie29
but it would be better if age 1 plus would have some new stuffs... so at least it could be on par with the new vagan suit, even at least the new farsia..
coodie29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-19, 14:38   Link #985
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Quote:
Yeah, it was deployed in the Ambat battle I believe and even fought against the Defurce. That makes it four non canon wears for AGE-1 I guess.

It's too bad three out of of the four of AGE-1's real wears are melee oriented. I'm kinda hoping for one more general purpose or long range wear in there.
Old 2012-06-25, 19:26   Link #986
Scorpiopt

what the hell is this

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Scorpiopt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-25, 19:34   Link #987
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Just a customized Desperado.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-25, 21:53   Link #988
Dark Wing

Okayt let me see if I understand this correctly X-Rounders are a regression of the human brain leading to more instinctual and violent actions. Vagan military are made up mostly of mostly X-Rounders and people using the X-Rounder helmets which would explain why the Vagan military are so crazy, as well as Flit going all KILL THE VEGANS KILL THEM ALL! This could potentially be used as justification for the stupid and reckless actions made by the elite X-Rounders like Decil.

Also The X-Rounder helmet's brain damage is probably caused by the helmet killing off brain cells to change the brain to match an X-Rounder's.

Last edited by Dark Wing; 2012-06-25 at 22:18.
Dark Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-26, 00:13   Link #989
Revolutionist
Puppet Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Wing View Post
Okayt let me see if I understand this correctly X-Rounders are a regression of the human brain leading to more instinctual and violent actions. Vagan military are made up mostly of mostly X-Rounders and people using the X-Rounder helmets which would explain why the Vagan military are so crazy, as well as Flit going all KILL THE VEGANS KILL THEM ALL! This could potentially be used as justification for the stupid and reckless actions made by the elite X-Rounders like Decil.

Also The X-Rounder helmet's brain damage is probably caused by the helmet killing off brain cells to change the brain to match an X-Rounder's.
Good observation.

I also think those helmets might be the kill switch they use to kill their pilots should they be captured.
Old 2012-06-26, 08:52   Link #990
orpheus2
Pleased to Meet You

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revolutionist View Post
Good observation.

I also think those helmets might be the kill switch they use to kill their pilots should they be captured.
So it is like a mass-produced portable psycommu system. What about Zeheart then? He seems sane.
orpheus2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-26, 10:26   Link #991
kakakka

The helmets I think has a switch. Iirc, that subordinate of Zeheart showed it can be turn it on when fighting Flit in 2nd Gen.
kakakka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-26, 11:09   Link #992
Dark Wing

Quote:
Originally Posted by kakakka View Post
The helmets I think has a switch. Iirc, that subordinate of Zeheart showed it can be turn it on when fighting Flit in 2nd Gen.
Yea his helmet can amplify or suppress his X-Rounder abilities at will which would explain why she hasn't go over the deep end yet.
Old 2012-06-26, 11:49   Link #993
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

The helmet can't suppress his X-Rounder abilities, that's the job of the mask he wears. The helmet can only amplify X-Rounder abilities or temporarily grant them when there aren't any to begin with.
Old 2012-06-26, 13:20   Link #994
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kakakka View Post
Aside from an off switch, that scene in question suggests different power levels that that can be used with the Mucell. I believe he said something about turning on to maximum and such. That would explain why the Vagan soldiers are not failing as quickly as Asemu did when Asemu tried it on, and even why they're still defeatable in battle more often than not (because they likely using it at low levels most of the time).
Old 2012-06-26, 14:32   Link #995
Revolutionist
Puppet Master

Speaking of X-Rounders, how come the Federation did not build any machines that specifically take advantage of X-Rounder powers? Flit made a program to find out possible X-Rounders in the army, but that is useless if they don't have high performance machines that can keep up with them. Their talents will be wasted in Adeles and Clanches...
Old 2012-06-26, 14:53   Link #996
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

The Federation likely doesn't have any technology able to directly interact with X-Rounders like the Mu-zcell helmets. And when they finally did gain access to that technology, they saw that it was dangerous. Regardless of whatever mediocre performance we saw with the Adele, we know that it's on par with the Gundam AGE-1, which we saw do remarkably well with an X-Rounder pilot, so it's not wasted on them, or on Clanches. It all depends on the pilot--Obright does well and he's still using a damn Genoace. Plus there are other machines they can use, like the G-Bouncer mobile suit frame, which is often used by commanders and aces--Woolf wasn't the only one to use a G-Bouncer.
Old 2012-07-03, 04:46   Link #997
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
Does the "RGE" designation have any meaning in the AG world? Been wondering on that.

PS - The Madorna ship is interesting, though I wonder why the Diva is in the middle as seen in this pic... I wonder if it's just parked there for the crew to disembark somewhere else.

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Yu Ominae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-03, 06:42   Link #998
duotiga
Zander Yuusha Kyorugold

Send a message via ICQ to duotiga Send a message via MSN to duotiga
This is a first gundam to have cockpit on the head for Legillis ...?
duotiga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-03, 07:10   Link #999
JMvS
Rawrrr!

While not officially a Gundam, the Gundam equivalent Turn-X had a head mounted cockpit.

In a different class, tough labelled Gundams, the Psycho Gundam and Psycho Gundam MkII both had the cockpit in their head.

Now, will the EXA-DB produce the Turn-X, and the Age device the Turn-A?
Old 2012-07-08, 00:26   Link #1000
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Wing View Post

I wouldn't call it a regression as much I won't call it an evolution.

It's a mutation plain and simple.

So can access those abilities naturally. Most can't access it without instrumentation but it will fry their brain.

Since Age has it's version of Dark History likely there had been X-Rounders used as MS pilots in the past. But references to them has been erased from databanks. And the Federation had to start from scratch. Vegan wasn't involved with Earth Sphere's Technos Taboo (The Third anime reference) retaining some knowledge of X-Rounders.

This is why pre-Age-1 Gundam is treated as a legend rather than a historical fact. Only people going around the Technos Taboo like Mardona and the Asuno family keep it alive in their memory.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote