AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-05-12, 17:41   Link #1041
chaos_animagic

man, Sprites are all sooo cute (when they're not out to kill you)

Gotta get me one of those spirite.... (once I've obtain an immortal body that is)
chaos_animagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-12, 20:47   Link #1042
kagato3

Spoiler for ep 7:
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.
kagato3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-12, 21:18   Link #1043
Xaturas

Quote:
Originally Posted by kagato3 View Post
Spoiler for ep 7:
And here people were dissing me when I hypothesized that the first spirit 30 years ago in russia might be him showing up.
They told me how it was 30 years old ago and that he wasn't born then, and how there is no *magic* that could allow someone to be of different age than he looks like. Even though there are spirits in the show ...

Hey back at yo ppl who dissed me then.
Old 2013-05-12, 21:21   Link #1044
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Is it me or does Mana sound a LOT like Ai Nonaka?

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-12, 21:22   Link #1045
Birdway
Banned

Nope, Shidou was a person whose parents left him for good. Later he got adopted into other family, Itsuka family where Kotori belongs to.

I guess her blood related sister, was adopted by other family, the Takamiya. Or maybe she wasn't adopted and her last name is her original family name.
Birdway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-12, 21:43   Link #1046
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaturas View Post
And here people were dissing me when I hypothesized that the first spirit 30 years ago in russia might be him showing up.
They told me how it was 30 years old ago and that he wasn't born then, and how there is no *magic* that could allow someone to be of different age than he looks like. Even though there are spirits in the show ...

Your hypothesis is still pretty off path.
Old 2013-05-13, 01:43   Link #1047
Gintokifan22
Gintoki fan

Why must series like this be only 13 episodes? This anime series that needs more than that *Sigh* Or at least13 more episodes for the second season, think will get it?

Pairings I support : Ed x winry. Ash x Serena. Endou x Natsumi. Ginta x Dorothy fan. Luffy x Hancock. Akito x Yurika fan. Gintoki x Tysuki. Boruto X Sumire.
Gintokifan22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-13, 01:50   Link #1048
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gintokifan22 View Post
Why must series like this be only 13 episodes? This anime series that needs more than that *Sigh* Or at least13 more episodes for the second season, think will get it?
Series like these are often short like this because they need to give the base material time to keep ahead. There are currently only 7 volumes out, and a 24-episode series alone would blow through all 7 easily.

A second season depends largely on how good the BD/DVD sales are. The companies behind DAL are certainly preparing for high sales, between all the promotion for the anime, merchandise, and the PS3 game.
Old 2013-05-13, 06:22   Link #1049
novalysis

Spoiler for Wild theory:
novalysis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-13, 06:43   Link #1050
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Very rarely do I say that I really don't like character's voice...but I really did not like Kurumi's voice for some reason.
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-13, 13:32   Link #1051
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
Very rarely do I say that I really don't like character's voice...but I really did not like Kurumi's voice for some reason.
Well the only other possibility would have been to give her a high-pitched, cutesy voice, and that would clash pretty heavily with her whole
Spoiler:

I'm glad they didn't give her a cutesy voice; instead of trying to sell off on her moe factor (and she's already dang hawt), they're keeping the focus on her
Spoiler:
which is much more fit by her deeper ojou-sama voice.
Old 2013-05-13, 14:39   Link #1052
Megacrash Gr
Ad Astra Per Aspera

Send a message via AIM to Megacrash Gr
Ep 6: It was decent, though Yoshino's cuteness struck me again.
Too bad the Hot spring thing never really happened.
Old 2013-05-13, 14:41   Link #1053
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
Series like these are often short like this because they need to give the base material time to keep ahead. There are currently only 7 volumes out, and a 24-episode series alone would blow through all 7 easily.

A second season depends largely on how good the BD/DVD sales are. The companies behind DAL are certainly preparing for high sales, between all the promotion for the anime, merchandise, and the PS3 game.
They even had a date a live museum in akihabara. This series is probably a lot more popular than we think, at least with the light novels.
Old 2013-05-13, 14:53   Link #1054
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
Well the only other possibility would have been to give her a high-pitched, cutesy voice, and that would clash pretty heavily with her whole
Spoiler:

I'm glad they didn't give her a cutesy voice; instead of trying to sell off on her moe factor (and she's already dang hawt), they're keeping the focus on her
Spoiler:
which is much more fit by her deeper ojou-sama voice.
I'm not asking for a cutesy voice...just felt that this voice and performance didn't feel quite right is all. I don't know much about voice acting or VAs, I usually accept most choices but this one felt strange, like it didn't quite fit most of the time and the performance was a bit lackluster.

It might be just me though.
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-13, 15:05   Link #1055
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Personally I thought Asami Sanada did a great job. 90% of the episode she was using a slow, calm tone, and that's exactly what the ojou-sama voice is supposed to be in Japanese culture. When we get to
Spoiler:
, she cranked up the tension and nailed it.

By the way, does anybody know what the Newtype characer popularity polls were in the May release issue? I'm just curious since DAL was out for a month by the May release.
Though in another month Kurumi should be eligible for the June release issue.
Old 2013-05-13, 19:03   Link #1056
Birdway
Banned

Isn't about sounding cute.

Ist about making a clear contrast between her normal and psycho sides.
Birdway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-13, 19:13   Link #1057
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinova View Post
They even had a date a live museum in akihabara. This series is probably a lot more popular than we think, at least with the light novels.
You can't exactly call that a "museum". I can testify it was basically not even half the floor of Akihabara Gamers building with basically very few stuff around. Some illustrations by Tsunako and few shots from the anime.
It is mainly driven to appeal people to pre order BD for the box set and buy the LN and manga volumes for Tsunako's sign card.

It is on the same caliber than promotional showoff for galge and stuff.

EDIT: I think it has been covered by some blogs already, but here are the pics I've taken.
The "museum" is approximately 20-30mē with the BD+clearfile on the center front (first pic), and the scripts and sketches on the center back (not taken as it was forbidden).
Pictures are basically taken from right front corner (starting with Tsunako's design) to the rear left corner (big character cardboard cut + popularity poll result).
Front left corner wasn't taken as it was LN + cashier zone and it was quite cluttered as there were few dozens of people all the time.

Last edited by Klashikari; 2013-05-14 at 16:47.
Klashikari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-13, 20:21   Link #1058
Marly
>AS

Quote:
Originally Posted by novalysis View Post
Spoiler for Wild theory:
This is just grand.

Spoiler:
Marly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-13, 20:47   Link #1059
kagato3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaturas View Post

Spoiler for stuff:
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.
kagato3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-13, 20:52   Link #1060
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdway View Post
Isn't about sounding cute.

Ist about making a clear contrast between her normal and psycho sides.
I can't tell; are you replying to me or Randrak42?

If me, than I'm definitely not for her sounding cute; her current voice is just perfect, and her VA nails the difference between a normal voice and her
Spoiler:
voice perfectly. You can definitely hear the contrast in that last scene.

Tags
action, comedy, harem, romance, sci-fi, tsundere