Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2012-05-15, 03:04   Link #1501
Skane
Anime Snark

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
Queue system is precisely to solve that exact problem.
You make people wait in line for the limited space, instead of "just spam and try over and over"
If you are in the queue, you are connected to the log-in server. Basically banging at the Diablo room door and screaming to be let in. What they are doing now is basically telling people to stay outside the building and let in x number of people every 40s through the main entrance to make a mad dash to the Diablo room and squeeze in through that door.

Cheers.
Old 2012-05-15, 03:10   Link #1502
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skane View Post
If you are in the queue, you are connected to the log-in server. Basically banging at the Diablo room door and screaming to be let in. What they are doing now is basically telling people to stay outside the building and let in x number of people every 40s through the main entrance to make a mad dash to the Diablo room and squeeze in through that door.

Cheers.
A queue maintains a much, MUCH less data traffic compared to bursts of username/pass ping that rams the doorsteps of the server, you know that right?
Why do you think Blizzard implimented the queue system for WoW?

Basically, once queued, the only thing it needs to maintain is a "send update data (queue position variable) to xxx.ip.xxx every xx seconds".
Instead of resolving IP, login data, confirmation and authorization, authentication, etc, per every ping.
Old 2012-05-15, 03:11   Link #1503
Kyouka
Is Here

omgies i got in lvl 5
Kyouka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-15, 03:12   Link #1504
Skane
Anime Snark

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
A queue maintains a much, MUCH less data traffic compared to bursts of username/pass ping that rams the doorsteps of the server, you know that right?
Why do you think Blizzard implimented the queue system for WoW?
Well, that's the paraphrased explanation Blizzard gave on the official forums. I have no idea how their server architecture is set up, so don't ask me which one is more data, because I won't know.

Cheers.
Old 2012-05-15, 03:27   Link #1505
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Just got in. Lv2 monk now

Diligence paid off
Old 2012-05-15, 05:01   Link #1506
Skane
Anime Snark

Arrow

Finally got my female Wizard rolling. Decided to keep the female characters as softcore characters, because I don't think I can take the pain of losing them permanently in hardcore. Male characters will be rolled as hardcore ones.

Since I am decidedly "squishy", I decided to throw my lot with the public matchmaking. So far so good. Lots of goodwill so far, with people giving away magic stuff they don't need to others(STR to Barbs, DEX to Monks/DHs, INT to WD/Wz).

Pretty breezy progress so far, but gold is in extremely short supply.

Cheers.
Old 2012-05-15, 05:03   Link #1507
Ak3mi
Tumble Rumble

Installing my copy, so happy it arrived today. Mostly everyone on J-TV is streaming Diablo 3
Old 2012-05-15, 06:37   Link #1508
Skane
Anime Snark

I guess I shouldn't have rushed. Had my first death when my Lvl-08 Wizard got trapped against a wall by a pack of champion trees. It wasn't pretty.

Found a rare ring with +10 DEX, +1-2 Damage, +5 VIT, +Life Leech, etc... and gave it to my partner DH. Currently Lvl-13 and my DPS is a paltry 55+. Broke from buying gear upgrades and upgrading/using the blacksmith.

Thinking of farming the lower levels first to build up my gold supply, or maybe just wing it and continue to progress in the game. At least until I complete Act-01. Really hard to get a full 4-man party. Most of my public games have been in pairs. Haven't seen a single Monk or Witch Doctor yet.

Cheers.
Old 2012-05-15, 06:46   Link #1509
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skane View Post
I guess I shouldn't have rushed. Had my first death when my Lvl-08 Wizard got trapped against a wall by a pack of champion trees. It wasn't pretty.

Found a rare ring with +10 DEX, +1-2 Damage, +5 VIT, +Life Leech, etc... and gave it to my partner DH. Currently Lvl-13 and my DPS is a paltry 55+. Broke from buying gear upgrades and upgrading/using the blacksmith.

Thinking of farming the lower levels first to build up my gold supply, or maybe just wing it and continue to progress in the game. At least until I complete Act-01. Really hard to get a full 4-man party. Most of my public games have been in pairs. Haven't seen a single Monk or Witch Doctor yet.

Cheers.
Any tip so far from the game? Other than "do not playing hardcore"?

Which difficulty level are you playing btw?
Old 2012-05-15, 06:49   Link #1510
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

Wizard is quite fun, only level 10 or something, but that Arcane Orb is quite cool. I love hte graphic... I just imagine I'm throwing galaxies at enemies, haha.
Old 2012-05-15, 06:59   Link #1511
Skane
Anime Snark

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post
Any tip so far from the game? Other than "do not playing hardcore"?

Which difficulty level are you playing btw?
Given that I'm only Lvl-13, Normal Difficulty is the only one available to me at the moment. Forums are reporting that people are hitting a roadblock at Nightmare, so that's a promising outlook for Hell's and Inferno's difficulty longevity.

Tips? Well, if you have played Diablo 2 before, most of these should be familiar already.
  1. Always have a finger ready on your Q button to quaff a potion. Unless you are hardcore grinding lower-level mobs, you will need to use it at some point.
  2. Resist the temptation to tank mobs with your Wizard, Demon Hunter or Witch Doctor. Once you exit the Cathedral(tutorial area), the difficulty in terms of monster damage spikes noticeably. "Hey... you guys didn't hit so hard befo- OMG! OW!"
  3. Don't stand in the fire(or poison).
  4. Learn to kite.
  5. Don't be stingy with your expenditure. Gear matters A LOT in this game. Your teammates will thank you when you stop slapping the monsters with your white noodle sticks.
  6. Be generous. Short of conning the naive, gear found in Normal will not sell for much. Offer gear not relevant to your class to your teammates. This is a co-op game. Boosting them helps you in the long run.

Cheers.
Old 2012-05-15, 07:27   Link #1512
Xacual

Apparently some Koreans are already into Hell difficulty. Pretty crazy pace so far.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-15, 07:37   Link #1513
Skane
Anime Snark

Given what I saw some Koreans were capable of in the Beta... I'm not too surprised about that. Gaming is almost a religion to them.

Cheers.
Old 2012-05-15, 07:47   Link #1514
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

How do you move up the difficulty level? I means you only can select Normal at the start? Then can change difficulty level later?

Koreans eh? I heard it's normal for Starcraft players there to click 300-500 clicks a minute. So can expect that they are master at micro-management
Old 2012-05-15, 07:49   Link #1515
zarqu
Stüldt Hĺjt!

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post
How do you move up the difficulty level
Game starts at Normal. Then you beat the game on Normal, then Nightmare, Hell and finally Inferno. Inferno is supposed to be the hard end game.

Enemies get tougher and loot gets better as you progress.
zarqu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-15, 07:56   Link #1516
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azuma Denton View Post
So even we cannot play a single player mode here?? O.o
Wow as expected from the awaited 12-years resurrection...
Well, expected indeed on opening day. Lawl Blizzard.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-15, 11:00   Link #1517
Ak3mi
Tumble Rumble

I just picked up a legendary at lvl 15 called Mojo and at lvl 14 I picked up a awesome unique. Both for witch doctor, having a awesome amount of fun with this game already. Still in act 1 aswell. On metacritic the score for the game is a 3.5 insanely low should be a 7.5 so far
Old 2012-05-15, 11:28   Link #1518
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

Got home and got in on the first try, they certainly improved a lot compare to the old WoW days. Soloing on my first playthrough for the story, group play tends to skip too many stuff. But do add me, I wonder if we ll ever get the option to make a channel, could start an animesuki channel if we could.

Jazzrat#1197 is my battletag.

Last edited by Jazzrat; 2012-05-15 at 12:56.
Jazzrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-15, 11:28   Link #1519
Xacual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ak3mi View Post
I just picked up a legendary at lvl 15 called Mojo and at lvl 14 I picked up a awesome unique. Both for witch doctor, having a awesome amount of fun with this game already. Still in act 1 aswell. On metacritic the score for the game is a 3.5 insanely low should be a 7.5 so far
Metacritic is a terrible site to use for reviews or scores. So many companies / website communities will spam good scores / bad scores there. Actually in general, review scores given by any site or anything are just terrible.

Trolls on /v/ have been spamming about the game since yesterday so I wouldn't be surprised if they hit it up.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-15, 11:38   Link #1520
Ak3mi
Tumble Rumble

Yeah thats true. I just like going on metacritic usually the games I play have good scores.
@Jazz What region are you on? Or can I add you if you are in the USA and I am in the EU?
Could start a animesuki channel this thread does has a lot of activitiy.

Tags
arpg, blizzard, dungeon crawler