AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-05-16, 19:56   Link #2001
DeX-kun
Alto x Ranka :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanutbutter003 View Post
Spoiler for Ep 57:
Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Yes, Trunks done gone messed with history (though I don't get why he always seemed upset by it. Obviously his presence and any interaction would affect things. Doesn't he know the butterfly effect?).
That's one thing that got me curious. Was it really necessary for Trunks to intervene before Goku's arrival? I mean as Goku himself said, he could have just used Instant Transmission in order to defeat Frieza and King Cold. I would have loved to see Goku completely obliterate Frieza again

"Aishiteru ~ I Love You"
DeX-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-16, 21:35   Link #2002
ChronoReverse

It's pretty much flat-out stated that Goku would have simply teleported and fried them himself.

As for the butterfly effect, that's only a hypothetical. A case could just as easily made that microscopic things are drowned out by the macroscopic.
ChronoReverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-17, 10:40   Link #2003
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Loved the new piece of music used when the two super saiyans where showing their stuff, along with one of my personal favorites from the second soundtrack used when Trunks was telling the story of the androids. Really brought out the despair and emotion.

& yeah i laughed pretty hard at Piccolo's reaction. It just goes to show how shocking Bulma and Vegeta being together is, plus having a child to shock even him.
Old 2010-05-17, 19:20   Link #2004
Neosovereign

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeX-kun View Post
That's one thing that got me curious. Was it really necessary for Trunks to intervene before Goku's arrival? I mean as Goku himself said, he could have just used Instant Transmission in order to defeat Frieza and King Cold. I would have loved to see Goku completely obliterate Frieza again
Well, Trunks was confused as to why he had to kill Frieza himself. Basically it reveals that originally, Goku DID use Instant transmission to get to Frieza, but in the new timeline he didn't have to because Trunks is there.
Neosovereign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-17, 20:01   Link #2005
Freerunner

did you people know that there is actually 4 timelines, and 2 live Cell's ?

im gonna put a chart pic, explaining it all, i have to edit one that i made earlier, cause of few mistakes.
Freerunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-17, 20:12   Link #2006
LuckyCat
Wise Kitty Cat

Oh Freerunner, time travel is always a can of worms, but I think Toriyama did the best he could with it.

Even if you map it all out, there are still a few things that don't quite make sense and might be best left to the imagination.
LuckyCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-17, 20:32   Link #2007
Noe
HARDCORE Fate addict™

Send a message via AIM to Noe Send a message via MSN to Noe
Trunks relayed the message; the battle of the androids begins.

ALL HAIL FATE T. HARLAOWN!
#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net to revere, share, and cherish Fate Testarossa Harlaown.
My blog
Noe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-17, 20:58   Link #2008
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freerunner View Post
did you people know that there is actually 4 timelines, and 2 live Cell's ?

im gonna put a chart pic, explaining it all, i have to edit one that i made earlier, cause of few mistakes.
Are you sure? Been a while since I've seen these episodes, but I thought it went:
Spoiler for Timelines:
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-17, 21:23   Link #2009
LuckyCat
Wise Kitty Cat

I love Cell Saga, so I can't help but get involved. I think the 4th timeline stems from...

Spoiler:
Old 2010-05-18, 02:07   Link #2010
roriconfan
Banned

Send a message via MSN to roriconfan
So... there is timeline 1 where Goku kills Frieza, dies from heart attack, the androids kill everyone, fetus Cell survives, and Trunks goes back in time creating timeline 2. When he returns later, he kills the androids and depending on whether he survived the battle with Cell, we get timelines 2 and 3 (see bellow).

Timeline 2 where Trunks kills Frieza, Goku takes the medicine, the androids are deactivated, fetus Cell survives, and Trunks goes to his timeline 1, kills the androids, gets killed by Cell, then Cell uses the machine and goes back in time creating timeline 3.

Timeline 3 where Cell waits in larva form, Trunks kills Frieza, Goku takes the medicine, the androids are absorbed by Cell, fetus Cell is killed, Perfect Cell is killed, and Trunks goes to his timeline 1, kills the androids and Cell.

I see no 4th timeline. Cell only went back once. If there is a timeline 4, that would be a future timeline 1 where Cell is never hatched from his tube. That is the Buu Saga and later grown up Trunks from this timeline, not the post-apocalyptic one (where he is more of a nerd than a biker redneck).
roriconfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-18, 08:40   Link #2011
LuckyCat
Wise Kitty Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by roriconfan View Post
I see no 4th timeline. Cell only went back once. If there is a timeline 4, that would be a future timeline 1 where Cell is never hatched from his tube. That is the Buu Saga and later grown up Trunks from this timeline, not the post-apocalyptic one (where he is more of a nerd than a biker redneck).
Ok, this is the last time I post on this, I hope,
Spoiler:

I'm not sure there is another way to explain it without making a plothole.

Last edited by LuckyCat; 2010-05-18 at 13:09.
Old 2010-05-18, 11:12   Link #2012
ChronoReverse

Erm, I always felt that it was implied that he
Spoiler:
Old 2010-05-18, 12:29   Link #2013
roriconfan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiosai View Post
Ok, this is the last time I post on this,
Spoiler:

I'm not sure there is another way to explain it without making a plothole.
Oh, you missed the part where the timeframe Cell went back to was the same as when Trucks went there the first time. He wanted to tell himself not to intervene with this timeline as the problem was solved (or he thought it was).
Old 2010-05-18, 13:20   Link #2014
LuckyCat
Wise Kitty Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChronoReverse View Post
Erm, I always felt that it was implied that he
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by roriconfan View Post
Oh, you missed the part where the timeframe Cell went back to was the same as when Trucks went there the first time. He wanted to tell himself not to intervene with this timeline as the problem was solved (or he thought it was).
Spoiler:

It might be better to wait for these episodes to air in Kai, so we can discuss it with the facts fresh in our heads. I'm sure there's going to be inconsistencies with any explanation, though.
Old 2010-05-18, 13:47   Link #2015
ChronoReverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiosai View Post
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

With all that said, from my understanding of the events, there still needs to be four timelines. It's rather a mess though and ultimately doesn't matter.
Old 2010-05-22, 16:18   Link #2016
Casshern

I have a question.
If saiyans are the strongest race in the universe, and a humanxsaiyan offspring are even stronger, why didn't they try other combinations like humanxnamek, saiyanxnamek and even human-saiyanxhuman-namek?
Casshern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-22, 16:45   Link #2017
GDB

Well, first of all Namekians are asexual beings. You can't breed a standard sapien-esque species with them.

As for the others, no one knew that Saiyan/Human was strong until Gohan came along, and there's still no telling what exactly makes him so special since the other Saiyan/Human hybrids don't seem to have the same hidden potential that he did.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-22, 17:04   Link #2018
roriconfan
Banned

Namekians are not asexual. They are hermaphrodites.
Old 2010-05-22, 18:02   Link #2019
ChainLegacy
廉頗

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Well, first of all Namekians are asexual beings. You can't breed a standard sapien-esque species with them.

As for the others, no one knew that Saiyan/Human was strong until Gohan came along, and there's still no telling what exactly makes him so special since the other Saiyan/Human hybrids don't seem to have the same hidden potential that he did.
I thought Trunks and Goten reached Super Saiyan so easily because of them being hybrids.
ChainLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-22, 18:12   Link #2020
roriconfan
Banned

1/4th Sayans/Humans become SSJ without breaking a sweat. You can imagine their kids being born blond right away (when their hair starts to grow that is).