AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-06-30, 23:14   Link #1401
Vena
Carpe Diem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flawnalyst View Post
Believe me, it has a lot in common with Evangelion. The child pilots, the trippy scenes, the weird angst...it's Evangelion.
That doesn't make it an Evangelion rip-off. That makes it standard mecha on the opposite end of the spectrum of hot-blooded standard mecha. I mean, come on, by your three criteria Gundam SEED/Destiny/AGE was an Eva knock off, just off that one Goliath mecha series (Linebarrels, Fafner, etc...). What made Eva, Eva was not that it was cut from the same cloth as so many other very similar shows but its gratuitous use of Christian symbolism, touching on topics that were (and still are rather taboo), playing fast and loose with child psychology, and a lot of metaphorical jargon on human evolution.

The story in Ao is more reminiscent of the Matrix (as of so far) than anything remotely resembling Evangelion.
Old 2012-07-01, 00:00   Link #1402
Flawfinder
Loves the Experience

You do realize that I'm saying Evangelion rip-off as a positive thing right? I would never say it's a Matrix rip-off. I do not like the Matrix.

My Awesome Anime Blog: Standing On My Neck
Flawfinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-01, 00:14   Link #1403
Vena
Carpe Diem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flawnalyst View Post
You do realize that I'm saying Evangelion rip-off as a positive thing right? I would never say it's a Matrix rip-off. I do not like the Matrix.
Its not about positive or negative, or at least I didn't take it that. I'm simply saying that its a far shot, thematically or world-building wise, from Evangelion and possibly more similar to the ideas of the Matrix.
Old 2012-07-01, 02:15   Link #1404
j0x
Giga Drill Breaker

i think the Elena that AO is interacting now is a scab coral (ALIEN) with memories of both Elena and Miller

i said this because of the title of this episode was Mirror of the World so those scab coral ALIENS might have found a way to mirror themselves on humans they interact with just for the purpose of blending with humans and understand humans more

i just remember some basic biology to expand what im saying its about IMITATION one of the basic form of learning -> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ethology#Learning
j0x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-01, 07:06   Link #1405
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Aw fuck shit! Did my Elena just die?!
Old 2012-07-01, 08:15   Link #1406
Destined_Fate

What? No! Elena isn't dead. The real Elena that she replaced has been dead for years, the one that's on the team isn't dead.
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-01, 08:17   Link #1407
konart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
What? No! Elena isn't dead. The real Elena that she replaced has been dead for years, the one that's on the team isn't dead.
I think MeisterBabylon is grieving for the cute airhead-like Elena we all knew before the last episode
Old 2012-07-01, 08:28   Link #1408
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Elena went from shit tier character to top tier in only one episode. The ending of episode 11 was freaky as hell. Did she actually bury Miller's body there or was it just her delusion? Either way, it's creepy.

I don't think Elena is a Corallian. She's just a girl from the real world who went batshit insane when she arrived in the fake one.
Old 2012-07-01, 09:24   Link #1409
konart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Elena went from shit tier character to top tier in only one episode. The ending of episode 11 was freaky as hell. Did she actually bury Miller's body there or was it just her delusion? Either way, it's creepy.

I don't think Elena is a Corallian. She's just a girl from the real world who went batshit insane when she arrived in the fake one.
-_-
She just burried her skalp wig, lol
Old 2012-07-01, 09:27   Link #1410
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Oh

I seriously thought she had buried her head
Old 2012-07-01, 09:32   Link #1411
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
That's the thing, I couldn't tell! I knew she was burying her wig at the closing, but I thought Miller was her delusion, but the way she bid goodbye was the exact opposite of how she was after she left the bath:

"I'm Elena." "I'm Miller."

If the 1st was to signify her true self, then the 2nd stanza represented her alterego. And so, take that and apply to the final scene... WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON HERE?!

Totally got Inceptioned there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by konart View Post
I think MeisterBabylon is grieving for the cute airhead-like Elena we all knew before the last episode
I always sensed something deeper in her, and then the encounter of Miller with Truth got me wondering about who this girl that resembles Elena is. Which in this episode was ALL ABOUT ELEN/ER.

Fanboying all the way through the episode. Been a while since an anime deliberately messed with my reality senses.

And also, I just discovered what the hell was going on as I was typing this post. Elena is bidding farewell to Miller, a psychotic delusion created during her time in the Windowless Building (), and the real Elena, whom she had replaced so many years ago to make First Contact with Mankind. This was to show that she had sorted out all the identities she had been forced to wear, and in doing so come to terms with who she is.

Though right now, Elena's resembling a biotic Cylon. Does her spine glow while having sex?!

As long as she's still that crazy otaku with a dark secret, now that she's also an alien...

CAN MY E7AO WAIFU GET ANY MORE AWESOME!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!
Old 2012-07-01, 09:42   Link #1412
Xagzan

Well, we're not 100% that she's not human yet, though I personally think she could be a Corallian.
Xagzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-01, 12:40   Link #1413
Zaresh
Caperucita Roja

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xagzan View Post
Well, we're not 100% that she's not human yet, though I personally think she could be a Corallian.
When they're discussing about how the sand can affect the children, they wonder if it can do the same to Ao and Elena. I think this is a clue to Elena not being exactly human, like Ao. I understod they know she is not, at least.
Zaresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-01, 13:43   Link #1414
ReddyRedWolf

Or it is a subversion of the whole Tomato in the Mirror. Elena is a real human. The rest well they're just Sims.

Ao well he is half human and Corallian.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-01, 14:29   Link #1415
Daniel Lind
ロック・オン!

Quote:
Or it is a subversion of the whole Tomato in the Mirror.
I see what you did there.
Daniel Lind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-01, 16:28   Link #1416
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Lind View Post
I see what you did there.
Mind you I didn't think of that. More of the tomato than the mirror.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-01, 16:47   Link #1417
coroloro

I watched this episode, and I must say, that they even beat Evangelion in terms of totally flipping everything on its head and making ABSOLUTELY NO SENSE most of the episode to me, while at the same time looking as though if I understood everything it MIGHT make sense. I'm not sure exactly how everyone else is following it - even fully subtitled, all I get is that there is this singer named Miller, and the girl name Elena who was supposed to have been in Gen Blue, and now... we have this other gal. Very confusion. Of course, I have faith they will eventually explain it all But for now, everything made sense until this episode, and suddenly, I feel like my mind is cotton :P
coroloro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-01, 17:31   Link #1418
Zaresh
Caperucita Roja

What I think It happened.

1. There was a girl named Elena Peoples.
2. Scub coral incident: Elena died.
3. Current Coralian Elena took her identity. Maybe she was something like Truth, but in a coralian style. She's a mirror, she mirrors humans.
4. Time passed, Coralian Elena was in that facility for special kids. They took her to GB.
5. Some time later or meanwhile, UN selected Real Miller, a singer, to spy GB.
6. Real Miller went to GB city, she met with Coralian Elena and was killed by her.
7. Coralian Elena, who is a coral-thing and has identity issues, took on Miller persona and personality. She was passing information to the UN (americans) but at the same time, she was Coralian Elena, loyal to GB, otaku and whatsoever. She is still very troubled because her ID issues.
8. In this episode, Coralian Miller is now an entity itself thanks to the sand (the Secret of this episode). When Coralian Elena realizes, she solves her issues and in the end, buries both IDs; Miller and Elena. From now on, she's just the original mirroring coralian (I don't know if she has a persona and a personality, but I guess she finaly has them).
Zaresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-01, 18:02   Link #1419
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
What I think It happened.

1. There was a girl named Elena Peoples.
2. Scub coral incident: Elena died.
3. Current Coralian Elena took her identity. Maybe she was something like Truth, but in a coralian style. She's a mirror, she mirrors humans.
4. Time passed, Coralian Elena was in that facility for special kids. They took her to GB.
5. Some time later or meanwhile, UN selected Real Miller, a singer, to spy GB.
6. Real Miller went to GB city, she met with Coralian Elena and was killed by her.
7. Coralian Elena, who is a coral-thing and has identity issues, took on Miller persona and personality. She was passing information to the UN (americans) but at the same time, she was Coralian Elena, loyal to GB, otaku and whatsoever. She is still very troubled because her ID issues.
8. In this episode, Coralian Miller is now an entity itself thanks to the sand (the Secret of this episode). When Coralian Elena realizes, she solves her issues and in the end, buries both IDs; Miller and Elena. From now on, she's just the original mirroring coralian (I don't know if she has a persona and a personality, but I guess she finaly has them).
My understanding is similar, just that I understood that the CIA trained Elena from the Windowless Building into Miller (because black monoliths never produced sane characters), who then got deployed to GB with that sleeper consciousness.

The Coralian still calls herself Elena Peoples, but just bade farewell to the original girl who gave her her existence. Kind of like Shana and Yukari, the former barging into the identity of the latter, and henceforth existing as the other.
Old 2012-07-02, 05:59   Link #1420
ttdestroy
Hardcore meets Casual

And here I counted this show. Total brain screw, welcome back E7:AO, you're in my good graces again.
ttdestroy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
harem, mecha, romance, science fiction, shounen