AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2009-07-30, 09:06   Link #401
AnimeFangirl

Ippo is a featherweight for life. Also he's already fought Vorg twice. Just like with Sendo I don't see them ever fighting again. Personally I love Vorg, but I want new rivals to be excited about. The current crop of "gimmick" fighters is boring me to tears.
Old 2009-07-30, 14:07   Link #402
ultramojones
Pfjaklsq of Greatness

Ippo going up a weight class would be a nice touch after he claims the world title or something, to challenge Mashiba and Vorg one more time in the ring

But yes, the series is getting boringgg, screw Tarzan, we need some epicness. Even a horrible end like Ippo getting retired by Martinez would be more interesting
ultramojones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-31, 05:19   Link #403
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Well at least we get to see Vorg back.

and Mogli seems to have a good chin, speed and power as well to even Vorg in the spar.

I hope Ippo loses this time for a change of phase. >_<
Old 2009-07-31, 06:04   Link #404
AnimeFangirl

Loses? To Monkey Boy? I'd puke my guts out with disgust.
Old 2009-07-31, 08:54   Link #405
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Well we all know even with all the hype Ippo would win in the end.

Ok not lose. Let's say they go the distance at 10 rounds and ties? That would be better.
Old 2009-07-31, 11:03   Link #406
Fran~
floating away...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
I hope Ippo loses this time for a change of phase. >_<
Yeah, but not here... and, i truly don't think in that here, because Kamogawa was clear that Ippo will grow step by step facing rivals from the pacific to reach the level for the world stage.

Tarzan boy was doing some sparring with Vorg, what's the big deal?, Morikawa was just nerfing kamogawa's strategy about cornering tarzan boy, even Itagaki pointed how hard would it be escape from there... and BAM, Morikawa showed that Tarzan boy is actually capable to do that.

To me, this will be a battle of stamina. It's common sense that speed boxers have weak punches and weak stamina. And Ippo was raising his stamina as Itagaki pointed again.
Old 2009-07-31, 12:13   Link #407
Tri-ring

I think at the end Ippo and Tarzan boy's match will be decided through experience in the ring which will also at the end convince Kamogawa that Ippo is ready for the world.
Think of it, Ippo although completely left behind by speed will always corner his opponent at the end through anticipation and technique to fire his menacing liver blow, how much more can you ask?
Tri-ring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-31, 12:21   Link #408
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

The only thing Ippo needs now is another new move that will give him the rank to be on the world stage.
Old 2009-07-31, 14:38   Link #409
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Send a message via AIM to Tsuyoshi Send a message via MSN to Tsuyoshi
Quote:
The only thing Ippo needs now is another new move that will give him the rank to be on the world stage.
He still needs to complete the new Dempsey Roll as far as I can remember. I'm still waiting for that to happen.

I doubt Tarzan lacks stamina. After all, his physical performance is akin to an animal's. Also, it's likely that he's got a pretty good reach, meaning he'll probably rely in ranged attacks. That could work to Ippo's advantage if he can step in fast enough by anticipating where Tarzan will move next. He's done it before, he can do it again.

----------------------------------

BTW, dunno if somebody already said this, but is anyone else getting pissed off with all these animal similes? Or how all these animals are more intelligent than they should be? The monkey's can actually understand human language, and we've already seen interaction with cockroaches. COCKROACHES. I'm really getting tired of this for one.
Tsuyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-31, 15:34   Link #410
AnimeFangirl

I'm not recalling the cockroaches. Refresh my memory.
Old 2009-07-31, 15:49   Link #411
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Send a message via AIM to Tsuyoshi Send a message via MSN to Tsuyoshi
Does Takamura ring a bell? I'd go looking for it, but flicking through over 800 chapters is beyond me. Damn Morikawa for making the manga so long!
Tsuyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-31, 17:36   Link #412
AnimeFangirl

I remember stag beetles, and I remember the infamous funamushi, but I don't recall any cockroaches, sorry.
Old 2009-07-31, 17:58   Link #413
Fran~
floating away...

Quote:
I don't know... i would prefer an Ippo with more confidence, with the confidence of Martinez or Takamura, guys who thinks in nothing but how they will win, they never think in defeat, they never look worry about their rivals...

Yeah, a flashy new move could do the trick too, but one of the greatest ippo's weakness are insecurity and lack of confidence.
Old 2009-07-31, 18:36   Link #414
Hurricanez
Air Class

go to mangahelpers.com or onemanga.com

that will help.
Hurricanez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-31, 19:37   Link #415
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freedan View Post
He still needs to complete the new Dempsey Roll as far as I can remember. I'm still waiting for that to happen.
Always relying on one technique in boxing doesn't cut it. He needs something new, like in the Gedo fight. Probably seeing Ippo do the "Heart Break Shot" was new.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran~ View Post
Yeah, a flashy new move could do the trick too, but one of the greatest ippo's weakness are insecurity and lack of confidence.
That's the main reason, he has no killer instinct, but he does learn things and he's got heart.
Old 2009-07-31, 21:40   Link #416
Fran~
floating away...

Quote:
That's the main reason, he has no killer instinct, but he does learn things and he's got heart.
I think that he has killer instinct, not the Mashiba or Sawamura killer instinct, but he certainly put pressure on his rivals... he has a big heart and big confidence in Kamogawa, but not him.

What's the point to use a new move if he fight Martinez for instance?... that guy has tons of self-confidence in what he can do and how to do it, simple things and complex things. A new move on a guy like Martinez is useless because he can smell fear or self-confidence and attack there.

Chains broke in the weakest part, that weakest part in Ippo is his confidence, with more confidence, with more security in his talent as a boxer he can make it without spamming one Dempsey Roll after another... i can't remember now in what fight he didn't use it and it was a good fight.
Old 2009-08-01, 01:17   Link #417
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran~ View Post
I think that he has killer instinct, not the Mashiba or Sawamura killer instinct, but he certainly put pressure on his rivals... he has a big heart and big confidence in Kamogawa, but not him.

What's the point to use a new move if he fight Martinez for instance?... that guy has tons of self-confidence in what he can do and how to do it, simple things and complex things. A new move on a guy like Martinez is useless because he can smell fear or self-confidence and attack there.
He doesn't have that killer instinct, he only has the heart. Since he NEVER goes for the agressiveness that the other boxers has, not just the ones who fight to destroy their opponents.

Martinez maybe be the god of the ring, but he's human and Ippo might pull the unexpected and get him if ever they fight.
Old 2009-08-01, 02:09   Link #418
AnimeFangirl

At the rate Ippo is going Martinez will have retired or classed up due to age before he's ready to take him on. Martinez was 26? 27? when he faced Date the second time and it's been at least 2 years since then.
Old 2009-08-01, 03:38   Link #419
Sol Falling

I think Ippo's greatest weakness is his inability to read his enemies intentions. He is constantly falling into traps and acting completely flabbergasted, like the idea of an opponent having tricks up his sleeve or being able to neutralize Ippo's plans is completely foreign to him. Maybe it actually is Ippo's confidence: because he's so fucking dull and unperceptive, Ippo has to constantly build himself up with desperate thoughts like 'this'll work for sure' or 'I've won with this', in essence putting all his eggs into one basket, leaving him scrambling when things don't work out. To be quite honest, seeing Ippo's 'shocked' face has annoyed the fuck out of me by now.
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-02, 21:20   Link #420
Fran~
floating away...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorfl View Post
At the rate Ippo is going Martinez will have retired or classed up due to age before he's ready to take him on. Martinez was 26? 27? when he faced Date the second time and it's been at least 2 years since then.
There is one big "BUT"....

BUT, Martinez is in very good shape, with no big damage, no injuries, he is like a rock solid and strong... look at his record. So age is not a big deal, moreover, his style doesn't allow to the rivals to even touch him... and his way of thinking is sharp and wise.

Morikawa really created a monster. Fighters like Brian Hawk are cannon fodder, but guys like Martinez are really one f*cking son of a biatch to fight.

Tags
boxing, shonen, sports