Nekokota Festival

Just great what a good ending now I wait for it to be dubbed

My Miroku and Songo kids are so cute
Old 2010-03-31, 00:55   Link #703
VC Matsumoto
Anime Fanatic

Send a message via MSN to VC Matsumoto
It was a nice ending episode...very close
to the manga ending with some nice bonuses.....however....

Spoiler for Inuyasha Anime Episode 26:

VC

Last edited by VC Matsumoto; 2010-03-31 at 05:02.
VC Matsumoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-31, 03:27   Link #704
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
What a perfect ending to this series. I can't ask for more, and seriously, Inuyasha to me turned out to be the biggest surprise of its season and definitely one of the very best of that season.

8/10
KholdStare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-31, 04:47   Link #705
roriconfan
Banned

Send a message via MSN to roriconfan
The ending was satisfying. Very rare in anime. I will still not keep or buy this series because of the pop corn flicks and 80% filler that the first series was. Call me an arse but it left a really bitter aftertaste that didn't go away.

I will still recomend it to ex Narutards and girls who want action besides bishounens.
roriconfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-31, 08:09   Link #706
Xagzan

Quote:
Originally Posted by roriconfan View Post
The ending was satisfying. Very rare in anime. I will still not keep or buy this series because of the pop corn flicks and 80% filler that the first series was. Call me an arse but it left a really bitter aftertaste that didn't go away.

I will still recomend it to ex Narutards and girls who want action besides bishounens.
80% filler, um no. More like 30-40 out of the 167 episodes were filler. And anyone who watches Naruto with its 200+ filler episodes has no right to complain about the comparatively miniscule number IY had.
Xagzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-31, 08:24   Link #707
roriconfan
Banned

Ι was actually referring to the amount of episodes AND chapters that didn't progress the story and not how much of the manga was adapted. After Inuyasha learned Kazenokizu and up to the end was just filler as it only introduced unimportant characters and useless powerups.
Old 2010-03-31, 12:45   Link #708
Xagzan

Right, because all parts of a story absolutely must advance the plot every second. God forbid they have any unrelated decorative scenes to show another side of the story-world. You know, it's 'filler' scenes like that that made IY more immersive and rich, cause you weren't just getting the one side of the world that related to the plot. Plenty of great stories do this. Look at Tom Bombadil in Lord of the Rings. So useless to the main plot he didn't even make it into the movie, but you didn't hear anyone whining about his scenes in the book. In fact, some people were annoyed he wasn't in the movie. And there were other scenes too.

Or how about the Iliad? You realize it's a story that could really be told in about half an hour, if it wasn't for the countless (and I do mean that) repetetive scenes (ἀριστεία) where it just describes who kills who or what the armor was like, that turn it into a giant epic poem. Are all those scenes useless? To the main plot, maybe, but so what? They serve as magnificent decorations that help immerse the audience deeper into the story-world. Unlike what you seem to be advocating, extreme plot linearity isn't necessarily a good thing. It's like what people are complaining about with Final Fantasy 13, that here you have this graphically beautiful and stunning world, but you don't get to explore it, to immerse yourself in it, cause the plot is always pushing your characters on a straight path from point A to point B, since they're fugitives and all.

Point: A world is bigger than it's main plot. Don't act like everything has to be under the main plot's umbrella. Doing that restricts the openness of the story-world, and takes away other parts of it that could be shown. Thankfully, Takahashi wasn't so restrictive, and so for me at least, her creation seemed more alive, vibrant and beautiful, thanks partially to those so-called 'useless' scenes.
Old 2010-03-31, 14:53   Link #709
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

First anime ending in a while that near 100% satisfied me. And it actually did a better job wrapping things up than I think the manga even did with one of the obvious reasons being...
Spoiler for final episode:

While my emotions were not all too high since I already had closure with the story since the manga ended, I couldn't help but have a nice nostalgic feel watching the ending and think back on how long I've enjoyed this series and how I'll keep enjoying it in the future.

Quote:
Ι was actually referring to the amount of episodes AND chapters that didn't progress the story and not how much of the manga was adapted. After Inuyasha learned Kazenokizu and up to the end was just filler as it only introduced unimportant characters and useless powerups.
I found Inuyasha (both manga and anime) to be one of those series were I could actually stand the fillers. Now I've never disliked fillers for the fact that they have nothing to do with the main plot (There is more to a show than the fricking main plot and it is fun to see more of the world and it's characters sometimes) but that usually fillers often having uninteresting plots or character interaction. I didn't find that to be a problem often in Inuyasha and the fillers did a nice job of opening up the world more to the viewers.
GuidoHunter_Toki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-31, 15:38   Link #710
SidVicious
Anime addict

"Onii-san!"
Old 2010-03-31, 18:22   Link #711
roriconfan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xagzan View Post
Right, because all parts of a story absolutely must advance the plot every second. God forbid they have any unrelated decorative scenes to show another side of the story-world. You know, it's 'filler' scenes like that that made IY more immersive and rich, cause you weren't just getting the one side of the world that related to the plot. Plenty of great stories do this. Look at Tom Bombadil in Lord of the Rings. So useless to the main plot he didn't even make it into the movie, but you didn't hear anyone whining about his scenes in the book. In fact, some people were annoyed he wasn't in the movie. And there were other scenes too.

Or how about the Iliad? You realize it's a story that could really be told in about half an hour, if it wasn't for the countless (and I do mean that) repetetive scenes (ἀριστεία) where it just describes who kills who or what the armor was like, that turn it into a giant epic poem. Are all those scenes useless? To the main plot, maybe, but so what? They serve as magnificent decorations that help immerse the audience deeper into the story-world. Unlike what you seem to be advocating, extreme plot linearity isn't necessarily a good thing. It's like what people are complaining about with Final Fantasy 13, that here you have this graphically beautiful and stunning world, but you don't get to explore it, to immerse yourself in it, cause the plot is always pushing your characters on a straight path from point A to point B, since they're fugitives and all.

Point: A world is bigger than it's main plot. Don't act like everything has to be under the main plot's umbrella. Doing that restricts the openness of the story-world, and takes away other parts of it that could be shown. Thankfully, Takahashi wasn't so restrictive, and so for me at least, her creation seemed more alive, vibrant and beautiful, thanks partially to those so-called 'useless' scenes.
Not that they couldn't enrich the world WHILE progressing the plot but... You use examples that have nothing to do with what I mean.

Tom Bombadil really WAS useless to the plot. He was there just to save the characters from the old oak tree and the tomb wraith and piss us off with silly songs. He was actually a cameo character by older works of Tolkien, whom was inserted just to save the heroes in quite the silly way twice. Yet without him, they took out the part where they find the magic swords that later kill the Nazgul. Thus indirectly he was needed.

And then you dare compare the iliad with Inuyasha. The iliad used those scenes to describe the lifestyles and traditions of the warriors. It was done in the middle of the action and it felt weird but it was also an important source of historical information to archeologists and historians. It was both character immersion and educational side information. All that are not present in Inuyasha as they are not offering historical info in a fiction series. Plus, they play no importance not even to the lifestyles of the characters.

And then you bring up FF13, a game I have no idea about and which is a bad idea to compare with anime storylines.

And anyway, how is a world enriched with one-shot ideas? They are there one moment and then they are not anymore.
Old 2010-03-31, 19:03   Link #712
Xagzan

Quote:
Not that they couldn't enrich the world WHILE progressing the plot but... You use examples that have nothing to do with what I mean.

Tom Bombadil really WAS useless to the plot. He was there just to save the characters from the old oak tree and the tomb wraith and piss us off with silly songs. He was actually a cameo character by older works of Tolkien, whom was inserted just to save the heroes in quite the silly way twice. Yet without him, they took out the part where they find the magic swords that later kill the Nazgul. Thus indirectly he was needed.
You just argued that he was both useless to the plot and not useless to it. Make up your mind before you try to say it has nothing to do with what you were talking about. Besides, magic swords didn't kill the Nazgul, with the exception of Eowyn's on the Witch-king. The rest died with Sauron. And Aragorn just drove them off at Weathertop, didn't kill them. So the swords really weren't that integral to the plot advancement, neither was Bombadil or even the whole Barrow-downs incident, so my comparison was valid. Doesn't mean I love Lotr or IY any less. I like the extra decorations, for reasons I already said and likely have to say again below, since they didn't sink in.

Quote:
And then you dare compare the iliad with Inuyasha. The iliad used those scenes to describe the lifestyles and traditions of the warriors. It was done in the middle of the action and it felt weird but it was also an important source of historical information to archeologists and historians. It was both character immersion and educational side information. All that are not present in Inuyasha as they are not offering historical info in a fiction series. Plus, they play no importance not even to the lifestyles of the characters.
Oh calm down. I didn't "dare" do anything. I didn't suggest they were equals in quality, but still, it's a similar situation. Oh but no, seeing a warrior in their last moments of life before being bloodily killed is not a "lifestyle" description, as I think you're implying it does in the Iliad. And I'm sure you're wrong about the fillers in IY not being important to the character development, at least. You don't even have to look far from the beginning: that whole frog prince arc (completely not relevant to the plot) had Inuyasha not kill the possessed lord even though it would have stopped the demon and saved the princess. If you don't think that's related to his "lifestyle," you're nuts.
Now when you said about the passages in the Iliad that they were immersive and educational, that's true, and the only thing that IY lacked of those two was the educational. But so what? That's to be expected of fiction. It doesn't make my comparison less true, just because one's more real or useful to parts of society. Not when we're just talking about the richness of the story-world. Besides, IY sure had plenty of character immersion itself. Actually, I'm sure there were some filler side stories that had some Shinto or Buddhist aspects to them that I'm forgetting. I'd call that educational, assuming you didn't know them beforehand.

Quote:
And then you bring up FF13, a game I have no idea about and which is a bad idea to compare with anime storylines.
You couldn't be more wrong. Actually, there isn't a better thing to compare to anime storylines. Half the characters and plots in Square games alone, including FF, could be transplanted into an anime and you'd never know the difference. And it's fiction too, since you brought that up before, though I think it's an irrelevant distinction. So just cause you have no idea about it doesn't mean it wasn't exactly related to what you were talking about.

Quote:
And anyway, how is a world enriched with one-shot ideas? They are there one moment and then they are not anymore.
What kind of argument is that? That's how it goes a lot of times in any story. You go through a portion of the story, then it's done, maybe it gets mentioned again later, maybe it doesn't. That doesn't change the fact that it happened, and it is a permanent part of the story-world and its canon that could only detract from it if you removed it. I already told you, this is enriching because it shows parts of the world outside the much narrower context of the main plot, which makes the world more open, more immersive, more lively.
Old 2010-03-31, 19:54   Link #713
roriconfan
Banned

1) I said Tom was indirectly needed, as was the sword. The Witch king was not beaten just like that, it was the sword.

2) There were many Shinto and Buddha references in the series. Half the villains were based on mythical creatures and teachings of those religions. They still were filler material and even misleading to a great extend as they were used for flavor and mutated their original meaning. So unless you already know the Easter eggs, you may very well end up believing stuff like orange dressed ninjas using hand seals to use chakra, something that is 180 degrees the wrong direction.

3) You cannot compare anime stories to videogame stories. They use different methods of telling them. Games with huge walls of text and in-depth storylines have it easier but it is still not the same format.

4) Please understand that fillers have the nasty habit of contradicting canon material later on, because they had not taken them under consideration. I mean there was the first IY movie where the main villain killed thousands of people. None of it mattered. And in so many episodes, so many villagers were being killed and it didn't matter. And the youkai kept popping out of nowhere all the time, as if it didn't matter. That is why I hate filler stuff. They insert elements that have no importance no matter how grave they appear to be and in the end even contradict the canon story.
Old 2010-03-31, 23:14   Link #714
Master Chibi
.: A bad doggy :.

Even though this show did feel like it dragged on (a bit) it just never bothered me because unlike Naruto, or Bleach, and even Hitman Reborn, I actually care for all the characters. If you manage to make your characters amicable then the rest just flows with it. In fact, I quite enjoyed some of the fillers in this show (anime or manga) alot more then I ever did for shows in the same genre, past or present.

Of course, this is the case with all of Takahashi's works for me. I immediately fall for the characters and enjoy whatever she decides to with them.

At this point I don't give a flying fuck what happens to Ichigo in Bleach, or Naruto and friends, or the entire damn cast of Hitman. It just adds volumes to your show when you're not just sitting on the sidelines watching cardbard cutout stereotypes push a plot.

The biggest thing is that InuYasha is one story. Sure, there are arcs, but there was always one damn story. We're not going to randomly bump into someone from another dimension who is suddenly stronger then Naraku ever was. Shit, Naraku on his own is fifty billion times more fleshed out then anyone in Bleach, Naruto, and Hitman. If anything happens at all, it'll be an entirely new story, but this show ended so well that it's not even necessary to worry.

I would tell every Narutard and Bleachbrain and Hitman fangirl to stop watching their shit and get into a show where you may actually give a flying fuck about the characters outside of popularity polls.

:P

Updated once a week - http://pishi.wordpress.com/
Last updated - 5/30/10 - Random Manga Roulette!
Master Chibi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-01, 03:24   Link #715
CuXe
Loving Romeo X Juliet

Quote:
Originally Posted by SidVicious View Post
"Onii-san!"
Indeed
CuXe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-01, 04:46   Link #716
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by vbann View Post
And at long last inuyasha is finally over with the ending it deserves.
Spoiler for ending:
**** YES!!!!!! Quote just for unrivaled win.

Of note, the manga didn't have them kiss iirc....

Oh, and it would be "oniichan," not "oneechan." The latter is "sister."
Old 2010-04-01, 09:48   Link #717
Xagzan

Quote:
1) I said Tom was indirectly needed, as was the sword. The Witch king was not beaten just like that, it was the sword.

2) There were many Shinto and Buddha references in the series. Half the villains were based on mythical creatures and teachings of those religions. They still were filler material and even misleading to a great extend as they were used for flavor and mutated their original meaning. So unless you already know the Easter eggs, you may very well end up believing stuff like orange dressed ninjas using hand seals to use chakra, something that is 180 degrees the wrong direction.

3) You cannot compare anime stories to videogame stories. They use different methods of telling them. Games with huge walls of text and in-depth storylines have it easier but it is still not the same format.

4) Please understand that fillers have the nasty habit of contradicting canon material later on, because they had not taken them under consideration. I mean there was the first IY movie where the main villain killed thousands of people. None of it mattered. And in so many episodes, so many villagers were being killed and it didn't matter. And the youkai kept popping out of nowhere all the time, as if it didn't matter. That is why I hate filler stuff. They insert elements that have no importance no matter how grave they appear to be and in the end even contradict the canon story.
1) You also said he was useless. Which I showed was correct. And I really don't remember Eowyn using a Barrow-downs sword to kill the WK. Hell, if it was given to the hobbits it would have been too small for her.

2) Not talking about Naruto here.

3) Yes, you can. Anime uses scenes, often with dialogue, to advance the plot. So do many games. In any case, format is irrelevant. Only thing that matters is that both have stories and both have story-worlds. PS, FF13 is all voiced. No WoTs.

4) Please give an example of something in IY that contradicted another part of the story, cause I can't think of any. And the movies don't count here. We're talking about manga fillers. And what does it matter how many villagers died? Lots of unimportant characters die in many stories. That has nothing to do with the argument here. And yes, it didn't matter where the youkai came from really. No more important than it would be where the birds came from, or fish. They were just another species.

Anyway, none of this refutes what I said, even though you still seem to be hung up on "importance," meaning it must be necessary to the main plot as if it's the only thing that mattered, still completely ignoring the importance of the filler stuff in fleshing out the world. And I'm not going to explain how or why that's a good thing again. I already did in my other posts.
Old 2010-04-01, 11:57   Link #718
kitten320

Oh, an extra scene for KagInu fans?
Are everyone satisfied now?
Finally there will be no complains form KagInu fan base -_-
Old 2010-04-01, 12:14   Link #719
CuXe
Loving Romeo X Juliet

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
Oh, an extra scene for KagInu fans?
Are everyone satisfied now?
Finally there will be no complains form KagInu fan base -_-
No complaints here, tho I wanted to see a lil Inuyasha running around but I guess that was too much to ask lol I mean after being apart 3 years and getting back together you would imagine that ........... ohh well ... lol

At least Sango and Miroku got down to business and made some cute kids... (^_^) ... those twins were adorable

Last edited by CuXe; 2010-04-01 at 16:53.
CuXe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-01, 16:36   Link #720
roriconfan
Banned

So what was the moral message in the end?
Spoiler for educational stuff:

Tags
adventure, shounen