AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Shana

Notices

View Poll Results: Shakugan no Shana II - Episode 8 Rating
Perfect 10 12 15.38%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 22 28.21%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 24 30.77%
7 out of 10 : Good 13 16.67%
6 out of 10 : Average 6 7.69%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.28%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 78. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-11-23, 10:46   Link #21
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Yuri is not an anime original character, he and this entire 2-episode arc are from Shakugan no Shana S.
Old 2007-11-23, 10:53   Link #22
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokkan View Post
Yuri is not an anime original character, he and this entire 2-episode arc are from Shakugan no Shana S.
Thanks for the correction. I'll have to edit my post accordingly.
Old 2007-11-23, 11:41   Link #23
X10A_Freedom

This is definately 2 episodes overdue, and it's still kind of drag to me because it's a flashback rather than any development of "current" events.

And yes, this comes from a person who likes ARIA.
Old 2007-11-23, 12:05   Link #24
minhtam1638
Missing In Action

Send a message via AIM to minhtam1638
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinny Riddle View Post
That Yuri boy (No! I don't mean he's a "yuri" fanboy, I mean "Yuri" as in his Slavic-sounding name. lol ) who became Flame Haze definitely throws my theory that Crimson Lords only make contracts with people with a large PoE amount out of the window. Oh well, maybe Takahashi has created a plothole for himself.

Though it's still consistent with Crimson Lords seeking out humans who have a grudge with Denizens, this leads to undesirable side-effects like the Flame Haze's lingering human emotions, as seen with Yuri's mood. This is the main reason why Alastor and Wilhelmina raised Shana without her having any grudge against anything.
Personally, I don't see how Takahashi created a plot hole for himself. Technically, Crimson Lords can make contracts with anybody. The only reason why Alastor picked Shana is because of his experiences with the deaths of many Flame Hazes before Shana.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinny Riddle View Post
Spoiler for Off-topic stuff about Hino Satoshi (Yuji):
Spoiler for You know:
Old 2007-11-23, 13:21   Link #25
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Spoiler:

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2007-11-23, 16:37   Link #26
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for Episode 9 preview summary:

Are they going to finish the flashback?

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2007-11-23, 17:53   Link #27
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Spoiler for Episode 9 preview summary:

Are they going to finish the flashback?

yes, they're going to finish the flashback.

think the titles are somewhere along the lines of "The manmade cave" Anna Berg and "driver of the mountain spirits' force" Yuri
Old 2007-11-23, 18:10   Link #28
stormy001_M1A2

Send a message via MSN to stormy001_M1A2
For some reason, the boy reminds me of Indiana Jones. But yeah, this is my favourite episode since it talks about Margery, ,my top favourite character of the story.

Spoiler for Hmmm:
Old 2007-11-24, 18:29   Link #29
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Well a pretty good episode. Anyone hoping for a fight will get some satisfaction. Yuji steps things up in his training with taking on quite the familiar looking Rinne. Guess it was a good way to see how he would handle himself against an opponent he'd really rather be nowhere near.

Do wonder who or what this Pheles character is. Got Wilhelmina on a trip pretty darn quickly. But guess considering the lack of anything going on she can afford to head out and leave things to Shana. Hopefully we get some information on that one.

Nice to get some of Margery's past. This Yuri kid really is a unique one. Instead of being driven by hate it's more of wanting to make up for the people he couldn't help. Caring a lot about humans and helping them rather than simply the balance. A sense of justice that pretty much has everyone seeing him as unqualified. Maybe this is a message for Satou that it isn't hte path for him. Since while he wants to get stronger to help and fight he's not being driven by that hatred of the Tomogara.

At any rate should be a good episode next week. Got a solid feeling our Yuri friend isn't going to make it though.
Old 2007-11-24, 18:49   Link #30
ZODDGUTS

Finally a good episode close to the level of the first season, I wasn't impress with the previous 7 episodes in this season. Hopefully the series will take off now. *crosses fingers*
Old 2007-11-24, 19:31   Link #31
zqube

Self-sacrifice would seem a fitting end to Yuri.
Old 2007-11-24, 19:38   Link #32
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

This episode bored me, except for the part with naked Margery.

When did she start wearing glasses, I wonder?
Old 2007-11-24, 20:21   Link #33
beamknight87
Gold Saint

man, they could have skipped the Shakugan Days (5 freaking episodes) to get to this or better yet, start the season with this ep. Awesome in my opinion
Old 2007-11-24, 20:23   Link #34
kimchipride
Geass User

Yay for subs! They were a little faster this time... Waiting a week for ep 7 was ridiculous but understandable. Thanks subbers!!!
Old 2007-11-24, 20:57   Link #35
Mizuno
Undefined

Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
Satou(?) was showing all kinds of signs of jealousy towards Yuji's training. Did they not notice he was inside the Fuzetsu?
Old 2007-11-24, 21:05   Link #36
alvinkhorfire

What is blue toga?

Great skills by Wilhelmina. Her ribbons can be used to create an entity. Cool!

Why did Sydonay work as part time as a bodyguard-for-hire? Since he is a Trinity, I feel that working for other tomogara belittles his status.

Satou is not driven by hatred of the Tomogara, but this case applies to Shana as well. I believe that Satou pretty much awares of the danger he may face and yet he still wants to be a Flame Haze. Is there any other reason that Satou should not be a Flame Haze?

And, I think that there is a low possibility that Marjorie will train Satou and Tanaka. Can both of them join in Yuji's training?
Old 2007-11-24, 21:06   Link #37
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenta View Post
Satou(?) was showing all kinds of signs of jealousy towards Yuji's training. Did they not notice he was inside the Fuzetsu?
Can't really blame him for feeling envious. Yuji is making some progress and is getting a lot stronger. Heck he is going to start learning how to make a fuzetsu soon and get working on unrestricted spells.

Don't think they knew he was there. While he had the handy tool for being able to move within one they were probably more focused on themselves than looking for a normal human walking around in there.

True that Shana didn’t have any strong feelings about the Tomogara. But she had a pretty unique background from most people. I don’t think him joining the training of Yuji will make a difference. Right now he is simply a normal human. Either he becomes a flame haze or he can’t really help out all that much.
Old 2007-11-24, 21:09   Link #38
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by alvinkhorfire View Post
Why did Sydonay work as part time as a bodyguard-for-hire? Since he is a Trinity, I feel that working for other tomogara belittles his status.
Sydonay has probably a double agenda, and we don't know what he gains with this job.
Also, note that he already did that in S1, protecting the Aizen Twins and te cradle garden hougu.

Quote:
And, I think that there is a low possibility that Marjorie will train Satou and Tanaka. Can both of them join in Yuji's training?
Considering Eita's situation with Matake, it is obvious he won't try to become a flame haze.
As for Keisaku, it will depend how he will react after margery's tale.
Old 2007-11-24, 21:47   Link #39
lua thien
Fallen Exile

Curious question: Why is it that the Crimson Lords are always referred as Kings of the Guze, regardless of their gender? Isn't there any sort of differentiation such as calling the females Queens of the Guze or something of that sort?

It was something from Season 1 during a flashback in earlier years when Shana was training to be a Flame Haze and Wilhelmina introduced Tiamat, referring to her as a King of the Guze.

Seems like the Flame Hazes are too consumed in their anger that they become more predictable to their enemies.
Old 2007-11-24, 21:49   Link #40
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

Good episode, finally we get to see more Margery's past. To be honest I know almost nothing about her, and well finally it seems that we will get to know more about her.