AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2012-08-31, 12:20   Link #4241
kaito-kid
As I make you stop, think

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
Yes he is still popular to this day. Not as popular as Setsuna or Banagher, who are more recent, but still popular nonetheless. The fact that Shinn has been showcased as a main character in recent popular games(Like SRW) has really helped to keep him very relevant in Japan.
Kira is definitely more popular than Setsuna. As for Banagher, I'm not sure.
And the SRW games don't say a lot about a characters popularity.

Quote:
Yes they are still relevant, never underestimate the power of the shipping fanbase. The VA Marriage though helped matters, it was like validating the shippers greatest desires.
You seem to overestimate the importance of voice actors. Voice acting is indeed a big deal in Japan and the more popular voice actors like the ones from Seed and Destiny are basically celebrities, but their contribution to a character in terms of popularity is not as much as you make it out to be.

And the marriage of Shinn and Luna's voice actors did noting to the two characters, both of them have completely disappeared from any polls. This however does not mean that they are forgotten or unpopular. It just means that they are irrelevant today.

It's a normal thing that popular characters fade away ones the anime ends. Only a small group of anime characters stay popular even after their show has ended, Kira is one of them.

Last edited by kaito-kid; 2012-08-31 at 12:43.
kaito-kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-31, 12:22   Link #4242
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaito-kid View Post
And the SRW games don't say a lot about a characters popularity.
I do know the guys who made SRW loved Basara from Macross 7 to death that they originally intended to include all his music, full tracks, in Alpha, but gave up after encountering serious licensing issues.

But he was brought back in Z2.2 and made uber. Hell, just look at him go...

Aliens? Big evil armies? Ugly monsters? No problem, LISTEN TO MY SONG!!! It will shake the galaxy and make you mah bitch!

That last part was canon, no seriously...

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-31, 12:36   Link #4243
kaito-kid

the creators of the SRW games seem to be very opinionated in general. I remember that they got into trouble with Fukuda because they changed something in Seed or Destiny's storyline.

They seem to have quiet a bit of creative freedom (for japanese standards) in how use the source material.
Old 2012-08-31, 12:40   Link #4244
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

There was a scene in Z2 where Shinn intervened an attack against Kira. That scene alone was worth a thousand words...

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-31, 12:42   Link #4245
I Fail at Life

Quote:
You didn't read, I'm watching SEED because Kira was quirky in it but he wasn't the jerk that he was in Destiny. Most of those jerk moments could easily be washed away from Kira in a Remaster just like Kira is getting a good hand-washing in the SEED Remaster. Might as well go out since no matter what they do he will always be known as Kira "Jesus" Yamato.

Yes he is still popular to this day. Not as popular as Setsuna or Banagher, who are more recent, but still popular nonetheless. The fact that Shinn has been showcased as a main character in recent popular games(Like SRW) has really helped to keep him very relevant in Japan.

Yes they are still relevant, never underestimate the power of the shipping fanbase. The VA Marriage though helped matters, it was like validating the shippers greatest desires.
Your still not getting my point ,because everybody was talkin about the contents of the episode,what changed, what stayed the same.Yet you the only one talking about how kira acts in Seed prior to his Destiny self, that's all you do,all you do is whine about the Seed characters,because god forbid nobody compares to Shinn

Popular as in what....Exactly.And you keep referencing games like their Valid or is legetimate

All yeah cause that makes the couple so more profound and relevant

Last edited by I Fail at Life; 2012-08-31 at 12:56.
I Fail at Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-31, 13:10   Link #4246
kaito-kid

Just finished watching the new episode. It looks great.

There is more new footage than what I expected. The original episode was already pretty good as they had to animate the fight scenes for the freedom and Justice for the first time, but now even Buster, the Astray's and (obviously) the Perfect Strike have new footage and it looks so smooth. Especially the use of color and shading is great.

Additionally, the score has been rearranged and I have to say it's an improvement even though it wasn't really necessary.
Old 2012-08-31, 14:36   Link #4247
Gundamx

Quote:
You didn't read, I'm watching SEED because Kira was quirky in it but he wasn't the jerk that he was in Destiny. Most of those jerk moments could easily be washed away from Kira in a Remaster just like Kira is getting a good hand-washing in the SEED Remaster. Might as well go out since no matter what they do he will always be known as Kira "Jesus" Yamato.

I though he know as that because he never die... not because he is jerk as you said ( even though I don't believe that...)

(Killed him? trollol no > he is back a lot stronger than before you killed him.)

Also VA marriage does not validate anything it's like Ed marry Winry in FMA and have 2+- kid.
But Ed VA in real world = straight girl > so does that mean Ed relation in anime = no validate?
Gundamx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-31, 14:55   Link #4248
kaito-kid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gundamx View Post
(Killed him? trollol no > he is back a lot stronger than before you killed him.)
He doesn't necessarily become a stronger pilot, but after the defat he had a bit of self reflection and changed his attitude on the battlefield and that makes him look stronger. (Even though he didn't change much after his defeat to Shinn. Probably because he didn't feel defeated.)
Old 2012-08-31, 17:19   Link #4249
Znozzy
Praise the sun!

He did feel defeated, if you don't recall, he was sad about losing his " sword ".

Then again, his pink haired princess had it all figured out, and after a quick plot-booster combined with Strike Rogue he obtained a even stronger mobile suit than before.
Znozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-31, 17:21   Link #4250
quagmire

Quote:
He doesn't necessarily become a stronger pilot, but after the defat he had a bit of self reflection and changed his attitude on the battlefield and that makes him look stronger. (Even though he didn't change much after his defeat to Shinn. Probably because he didn't feel defeated.)
Not to mention Shinn apparently forgot the strategy that lead him to defeat Kira at first..... Sure he couldn't get a new chest if his head was chopped off like with Impulse, but you still know Kira doesn't aim for the cockpit and use that to your advantage like he did in episode 34.
quagmire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-31, 20:07   Link #4251
Washu-Chan
Powered by AMD Athrun 64

Quote:
While Shinn probably gave it his all in the Impulse-Freedom duel, here's Kira's take:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kira, GSD, episode 46
I was confused about whether I should...be fighting against ZAFT, so I hesitated.
That makes me think of this quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kira, GS, episode 17
That's enough! If I took this seriously, you wouldn't stand a chance in a fight against me!
Old 2012-08-31, 21:07   Link #4252
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by quagmire View Post
Not to mention Shinn apparently forgot the strategy that lead him to defeat Kira at first..... Sure he couldn't get a new chest if his head was chopped off like with Impulse, but you still know Kira doesn't aim for the cockpit and use that to your advantage like he did in episode 34.
The strategy consisted of two parts:

1. Knowing Kira does not hit vital parts.
2. Impulse's ability.

With Destiny, he was still able to do (1), notice that Destiny wasn't disabled against Strike Freedom, but Shinn can't do (2).

And then you add the fact that Kira wasn't worried about the Archangel during their second fight.

So what do you get in the end?

Answer: A tie until someone makes a mistake or someone else interfers. In this case, the latter happened when Rey and Athrun interfered.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-31, 23:04   Link #4253
Destined_Fate

Kira can say he isn't being serious all he wants but when he got the SF at Orb both Shinn and him couldn't gain the advantage and this was after Shinn was already kicking things to the curb and just took out Cagalli.

It's like they wanted to preserve the trinity between the three mains, Kira > Athrun, Shinn > Kira, Athrun > Shinn(Seriously, where Kira and Shinn fought hard Athrun just roflstomped Shinn. Of course Shinn was far more unstable when fighting Athrun than Kira since he knew Athrun but still).

-

You again aren't reading what I'm saying. I said that there were improvements and it's nice people are talking about that instead of all the Flay bashing that plagued all the vids and the internet when the remaster started. Very few were mentioning the improvements than Flay has sex with Kira and everyone for some reason lets off and starts talking about the improvements.

Which makes Kira into a sex Jesus since anything his SEED touches seems to be washed clean of their sins.

-

He's known as Kira "Jesus" Yamato for many reasons. Surviving a Nuclear explosion to the face didn't help matters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
There was a scene in Z2 where Shinn intervened an attack against Kira. That scene alone was worth a thousand words...

- Tak
You forgot L where Shinn has no reason to hate Kira and when Kira is nearly killed he saves him from the OG mecha and helps Kira deal the finishing blow. SRW L Shinn was a pretty nice guy, they also strengthened the popular Shinn x Lunamaria pairing and completely removed her crush on Authrun and instead put that time on them instead.

-

It's understandable why some here don't see SRW as anything big. However in Japan it's as huge as ever and is one of their most beloved franchise as well as the #1 Fan Mecha Game followed by G Gen. There's also a reason why when a series gets in SRW their sales suddenly pick up, it helps retain and revive popularity.
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-31, 23:40   Link #4254
Washu-Chan