AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Zero no Tsukaima

Notices

View Poll Results: Zero no Tsukaima (second series) - Episode 8 Rating
Perfect 10 5 12.82%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 4 10.26%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 6 15.38%
7 out of 10 : Good 5 12.82%
6 out of 10 : Average 6 15.38%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 7 17.95%
4 out of 10 : Poor 3 7.69%
3 out of 10 : Bad 2 5.13%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 2.56%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-08-25, 12:29   Link #1
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

(MFI) Zero no Tsukaima (second series) - Episode 8 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Zero no Tsukaima (second series), Episode 8.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
Spoiler Policy
  • Any spoiler that reveals future events, even under a spoiler tag, will be deleted.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a title for the spoiler!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    to locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting prohibited spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.

What does the tag (MFI) mean ? Read On :

While Zero no Tsukaima Second Series has not been licensed yet, it is produced by MFI, therefore we won't be listing fansubs here on AnimeSuki. See Removal of Media Factory Inc. Works for details.

Since it is "restricted", the following posts are no longer allowed.
  • Asking (or providing) where you can find Zero no Tsukaima Second Series downloads or torrents.
  • Asking for help downloading Zero no Tsukaima Second Series.
  • Asking for playback help for Zero no Tsukaima Second Series episodes.
These rules applies to fansubs (in English or any other language) and raws alike.

You still are allowed to discuss the anime, that has not changed but please remember to limit the discussion to the story.
Old 2007-08-26, 16:43   Link #2
asdffdsa

Same Anies plot...I guess this is the focus of the season? So boring...
Old 2007-08-26, 16:49   Link #3
UPR

Very Very Very boring and ep and season for that matter. Maybe we expected to much out of this. If were a 24 or 26 ep season maybe id be ok but a 12 ep just wasting time. And Louise got really anoying with all the wips and stuff, it got old real quick. I can't see why Saito cares for this girl. Seriously Louise does she need to know everything and every sinlge detail ,and she always assumes and asks the same question to Saito if he did any thing perverted man come on.
Old 2007-08-26, 17:20   Link #4
kokolores

And another lame episode of Henrietta no Yojimbo. Only surprise was when Anies managed to put on her clothes in less than a second. Man this show is the dissappointment of the season. They don't even bother to try keeping the plot inconsistencies at the bare minimum. I wonder why I even bother watching this crap.
Old 2007-08-26, 19:38   Link #5
Runa
Fallen Angel
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Runa Send a message via Yahoo to Runa
so, it's another boring ep eh !!

even though i was hoping for the war between the country like the previous season... still waiting for the subs atm >.<
Old 2007-08-26, 23:29   Link #6
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Seriously, what the heck those guys are thinking?

Agnes story was never THAT importanr in novels sothat it would take half of the season. War itself was much more important, just like development of Saito/Louise relationship, which is basically non-existant in here.

Its 12 epiosde anime, thus theyalready cut the main arc short, but they put everything in a sub plot...What the heck? Its only 12 episodes idiots! Make it longer if you waste so much time on sub plots that noone really cares about... Or if its still this pathetically short then at least be consistend and cut sub-plot the same way you did withe he main arc already.

Louise is so annoying in this anime, because of the bad repetative humour th at keep using same lame jokes over and over again, which also target Louise as a tsundere brat.

She has never shown (or almost never) her serious side. If I were just watchind this anime, instead of also reading novels. I. would consider Louise as one of the most annoying and worst female protogonists.
Old 2007-08-27, 00:43   Link #7
GratefulDead
Fooly-Cooly Dream Thing

Send a message via AIM to GratefulDead Send a message via MSN to GratefulDead
God this season keeps going downhill =[
Old 2007-08-27, 01:32   Link #8
Eternal_destiny
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Eternal_destiny
Last Season Was Amazing....
This Season Its Still Good I Love This Anime
Old 2007-08-27, 08:12   Link #9
Firstimer

This series is dropping below my expectations. The first season was rather okay, with a nice ending in my opinion.
Second Season, started out alright, but is getting nowhere. How long are they planning to extend this series! Doubt they will be able to cover the war properly at the rate this is going...
SaitoLouise relationship is getting nowhere ever since the episode where they went to Louise's house...
Old 2007-08-27, 13:27   Link #10
Kazuma77
Kakashi Fangirl

this episode is boooorringgg the only good thing is that julio is unbelievebly hot

3/10
~Ladies, if a guy ever tells you, he wants to cover you from head to toe in honey, and lick it all off inch by inch, that's the man who hasn't done it before. You start at her toes, and before you get to anything interesting, she is asleep and you are in diabetic coma ~
Old 2007-08-27, 18:31   Link #11
Akida

Not a bad episode, not a compelling episode

In my opinion it had to be done (developing the plot for the anime only viewers) so that they could

Spoiler for ep8:

justify the war

I do get irked by those high and mighty 'novel' readers. Just because you guys have a different impression of the series, doesn't mean you should look down on every episode they've done. Anime adaptions are only that, adaptions, and that applies to every other novel/manga - > movie/anime - > live action we've seen. Of course there are those exceptions which stay perfectly faithful, but guess what? People say it's boring because it's too easily pre-spoiled (death note much?)

To me, the series stands alone fine without its novel counterpart. Rate the series for what it is, not for how well it 'follows' along with another adaption. Don't forget they ended the first series in the middle of the 'war', without concluding a thing.

--

On topic again, this episode lacked the usual jokes they ran, and took a more serious tone to the story. I would call this plot development personally, and I personally liked the way they went this episode.

Although not groundbreaking, it was far from boring. Roughly 7-8/10 from me

Last edited by Akida; 2007-08-27 at 18:43. Reason: spelling
Old 2007-08-27, 18:36   Link #12
mist2123
Banned

Send a message via AIM to mist2123
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akida View Post
Not a bad episode, not a compelling episode

In my opinion it had to be done (developing the plot for the anime only viewers) so that they could

Spoiler for ep8:

justify the war

I do get irked by those high and might 'novel' readers. Just because you guys have a different impression of the series, doesn't mean you should look down on every episode they've done. Anime adaptions are only that, adaptions, and that applies to every other novel/manga - > movie/anime - > live action we've seen. Of course there are those exceptions which stay perfectly faithful, but guess what? People say it's boring because it's too easily pre-spoiled (death note much?)

To me, the series stands alone fine without its novel counterpart. Rate the series for what it is, not for how well it 'follows' along with another adaption. Don't forget they ended the first series in the middle of the 'war', without concluding a thing.

--

On topic again, this episode lacked the usual jokes they ran, and took a more serious tone to the story. I would call this plot development personally, and I personally liked the way they went this episode.

Although not groundbreaking, it was far from boring. Roughly 7-8/10 from me
This series is even near as good as the novel. Whats wrong with reading now we didnt do anything bad or did we.
Old 2007-08-27, 20:42   Link #13
neutralizer
Hinagiku-ist

Send a message via AIM to neutralizer
Wow, the episode seemed incredibly short to me. It's like nothing really happened. But yeah, this season is going downhill, which is sad because I really liked the first season.
Old 2007-08-27, 20:48   Link #14
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

The Magic Academy Crisis

Is it alright the change in direction to which the writers are guiding the story?

I must say that this episode was quite engaging, since piece by piece are building and explaning the background on how Agnes developed into the character that is.
However, they're giving too much screentime on her side-plot and leaving the main plot about Sheffield's war against Tristain into the sidelines.

It seemed as if the main story kicked again with Sheffield's reappearance, ordering Benville to raid the academy, but quickly fell back to the Dangueteal incident.

Spoiler:
Old 2007-08-27, 23:26   Link #15
Darknemo2000

Akida, noone woould blame it for not following novels if it would be equal or even better than it... But guess what?It is not. They skip too much, leave quite few good scenes dumbed ot cut out and they dont have anything decent to replace it with just a few origanal lame jokes that are greatly overused. They use the same humour with the same repetative ending.. Do you count this as something great? Sorry, but for me its not.

I do not criticise it for not following novels but because it looks way worser than it could be. If i see a crap I tell that it is a crap, simple as that. And thats what second season is so far with an exception of few episodes.
Old 2007-08-28, 02:15   Link #16
neutralizer
Hinagiku-ist

Send a message via AIM to neutralizer
I don't see how J.C. Staff could make something awesome like Shakugan no Shana, yet totally fail with ZnT.
Old 2007-08-28, 04:19   Link #17
Meichy

Send a message via Yahoo to Meichy
I don't like this season... they concentrate all louisexsaio in episode 4 or what¿? their "love" is going underground in this last episodes and there are only 4-5 episodes left how they're
Spoiler for going to do...:
Old 2007-08-28, 05:19   Link #18
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neutralizer View Post
I don't see how J.C. Staff could make something awesome like Shakugan no Shana, yet totally fail with ZnT.
What? How does ZnT fail? Please, there's no need for something like this to be said.

Anyway, i enjoyed this episode a lot. The pacing from start to the cliffhanger was nicely done, and its finally good to see some action --- though it does look like more is to happen next episode. Also we finally have needed Kirche & Tabitha screentime, with more to come judging from the preview, could have something to do with Kirche's fire techniques.

As for the man everyone's looking for
Spoiler:
Old 2007-08-28, 05:19   Link #19
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

I don't think most novel readers would complain about disloyalty if it was at least entertaining. That's the problem with this, and this is coming from someone who hasn't read the novels, so I've nothing to compare it to. But this is just plain boring. Novel readers say it's focusing on an unimportant side plot. I say it's focusing on a boring character with a cliched backstory. Even I can see that, once all the stuff surrounding Aines is done, it's going to have virtually no impact on the rest of the story.

Nonetheless, it's taken them far too long to introduce an antagonist (other than the faceless threat of Albion they had before this), and this particular one is so cliched it hurts. As for the rest of this, well, I'm finding it harder and harder to think of a reason to care. It's not like the first season wasn't predictable or cliched, but it was so fun that it was almost impossible not to enjoy. This season is even more predictable and cliched, but far less fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neutralizer View Post
But they didn't fail with ZnT. Not in the first season. This is the problem: this is the season that just didn't need to be made.
Old 2007-08-28, 06:34   Link #20
Darknemo2000

Excatly my point, Sorrow-K. The crticism from novel readers mostly come not because anime doesnt follow the novels , but because theres nothing original that would be worth or entertaining.

Agnes story was only a small part of a big story about war (there were more like Guiches sub-plot and others), yet in here it becomes almost the main story on which they wasted freaking 3 episodes (it would be ok if the series would be like 24 episodes or more, but not 12). Thats way too much. This way everything else that will come later will be rushed as they dont have much time left.

I hope that they would pull out a magical bunny from the hat, and make it a really good ending without rushing things too much, but considering how much they still need to cover before the final Saito scene, I doubt it is possible.

If you skip or cut out novels then replace it with something entertaining and not jokes which was the case through out the most of the second season - this way there would be far less complaints from novel readers.

Besides its not like being faithful to novels makes anime boring with good director. Take Haruhi or Shakugan No Shana as examples.

ZnT though doesnt follow novels so closely, it doenst have a worthy original scenes to replace it. More so, the bad director's work can really be felt in second season. I am not saying that first season was amazingly done, as it build up a few misatkes that later hurt second season, but at least it had better director (who also had more freedom than his succesor) to patch things up.

But blaming it all on bad director's work would be bit too simple. Personally, I find that incredibly short length of both seasons hurt the series just as badly...
Closed Thread