AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-02-03, 18:57   Link #161
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Now that all the episodes about middle school is over, I think I know where it went wrong for me. They let us, the audience, knew about the heart transplant before Kakeru did. Normally this isn't a problem, but considering the reveal isn't in sync with the protagonist and the audience, plus the fact that there was a week break in between... well, let's just say I was detached with Kakeru's feelings to the point I wanted to slap him silly last episode. It just wasn't as powerful as I expected to feel, which is sad because if done differently they could've stirred 'big time' emotions.

Yeah, they messed up the execution (whether it be the anime's fault or the source manga I don't really care), but still I watch. Nana is just too much a pleasure every week and quite frankly, I'm more interested in her getting to play soccer than the current FC vs SC match up. Which is odd, because I always rather liked Adachi's staple regular team vs the underdogs in virtually every one of his mangas.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-03, 20:00   Link #162
AbZeroNow
North American Haruhiist

Spoiler for Episode 5-Enoshima High Football Club?!:

In some ways this reminds me of Eyeshield 21 where a passionate bunch of underdogs band together, and find a way to improve themselves on and off the field. I would also like to see Seven playing more soccer at some point. I am definitely looking forward to the SC vs FC match in the next episode. Episode gets a very solid 8.5 out of 10 from me.
AbZeroNow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-03, 21:49   Link #163
ZGMF-X10A
Tsukiyomi -Moon Phase-

Send a message via MSN to ZGMF-X10A
Did Kakeru grow taller? I always thought he was shorter then Seven. What number is Kakeru going to wear in high school now? He used to wear 15 when he was little, he also wore 15 in the practice match in episode 2. His brother wears 10 so wouldn't it be cool if he wore his brother's number.
Old 2012-02-03, 23:07   Link #164
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

So we just had a little time skip and are getting another one. Why did the FC have to wait 3 years to play the SC?
Old 2012-02-03, 23:40   Link #165
ZGMF-X10A
Tsukiyomi -Moon Phase-

Quote:
Originally Posted by ars89 View Post
So we just had a little time skip and are getting another one. Why did the FC have to wait 3 years to play the SC?
I don't think they have to wait 3 years to play the SC, they fight to represent the school every year. Araki said he doesn't want to play 3 years of beach soccer, meaning he doesn't want to lose all 3 years because he couldn't break SC's defense. Kakeru said "if you can't find one make one", that is what going to convince Araki to join back in my opinion. Kakeru's brother said something about a better pass which involves 2 players.
Old 2012-02-04, 00:39   Link #166
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZGMF-X10A View Post
Did Kakeru grow taller? I always thought he was shorter then Seven. What number is Kakeru going to wear in high school now? He used to wear 15 when he was little, he also wore 15 in the practice match in episode 2. His brother wears 10 so wouldn't it be cool if he wore his brother's number.
He's got that same weird disease Yugi from Yugioh does.

But this show's initial plot screams Touch and Cross Game to me. I swear to God that all the sports anime I like for some reason have someone important die at the beginning. Which is not why I like them, by the way. Suguru's death came as a complete surprise to me. I could have sworn that Kakeru's foreshadowing meant that they were going to be rivals (such as Suguru transfers and becomes his "enemy" or something along those lines), not that he would die. I know in hindsight it should not have been a surprise, but I didn't think they'd be so cliche as to have the same turning point as Touch and Cross Game in them. At least Touch and Cross Game had the excuse of being written by the same author, but unfortunately Area no Kishi doesn't.

Those little criticisms off my chest, I love this series to death already. It really seems like a great hybrid of Cross Game's drama/romance and Giant Killing's attention to detail.

Ugh, the wait between episodes is so unbearable... Blergh.... *dies*
Old 2012-02-04, 01:23   Link #167
ZGMF-X10A
Tsukiyomi -Moon Phase-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectacular_Insanity View Post
He's got that same weird disease Yugi from Yugioh does.

But this show's initial plot screams Touch and Cross Game to me. I swear to God that all the sports anime I like for some reason have someone important die at the beginning. Which is not why I like them, by the way. Suguru's death came as a complete surprise to me. I could have sworn that Kakeru's foreshadowing meant that they were going to be rivals (such as Suguru transfers and becomes his "enemy" or something along those lines), not that he would die. I know in hindsight it should not have been a surprise, but I didn't think they'd be so cliche as to have the same turning point as Touch and Cross Game in them. At least Touch and Cross Game had the excuse of being written by the same author, but unfortunately Area no Kishi doesn't.

Those little criticisms off my chest, I love this series to death already. It really seems like a great hybrid of Cross Game's drama/romance and Giant Killing's attention to detail.

Ugh, the wait between episodes is so unbearable... Blergh.... *dies*
That was exactly what I was thinking too when I first saw that episode. It made sense too, that Kakeru wasn't satisfied with what his brother was saying. So being rivals would have made it interesting. I guess making his brother die makes it so that Kakeru continue soccer with more passion and be that striker his brother always knew he'll be.
Old 2012-02-04, 08:21   Link #168
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Manga spoilers
Spoiler:

Anyway, episode 5 was quite good. It feels a bit rushed but all the main point was presented in the whole episode. At the very least, even without reading the manga I would understand what's happening and how I'm very interested in knowing what will happen next. There's not much action/match in this episode, sadly I wonder how will it be in the next episode because it seems that it's the first episode of this anime that actually shows a full match (unlike the episode with Suguru as it's only a practice match).

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-04, 12:36   Link #169
ookamigirl

New school, new kinda weird friends..
Their soccer club players sure have some talent, but Kakeru was shocked & surprised to see he got into an unusual club.
Well, at least they were all having fun.
Even though he got into the club by getting tricked, I think he'll be able to fulfill his potential here..

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-04, 17:41   Link #170
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Himmel View Post
Manga spoilers
Spoiler:
I was wondering about that too. I suppose they're going to remove that altogether or make it so that it's Araki's idea. Either way, it sucks to be Seven... she's really getting the short end of the stick in this series.
Old 2012-02-07, 05:47   Link #171
Setsuryuu

Nice episode, building up and introducing new school, chars, Seven and Kakeru's new life, Araki's drama, diary, important match wtf that was a lot in a epi! No wonder it's rushed.

I hope next episode compensates for that! Because they pretty much make it looked like this epi would only be good alongside the next one! XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
If you want to know about the real-life Nadeshiko Japan just follow the link.
Ha, thanks! I was actually wondering recently that they weren't probably nicknamed "Blue Samurai" like the men, but I didn't know what they called them. xD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
I was wondering about that too. I suppose they're going to remove that altogether or make it so that it's Araki's idea. Either way, it sucks to be Seven... she's really getting the short end of the stick in this series.
Well maybe it'll be flashbacked. They've rushed so much this epi to finally get into some soccer action since, well, there was already so much drama! XD
Setsuryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-07, 18:27   Link #172
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Setsuryuu View Post
Well maybe it'll be flashbacked. They've rushed so much this epi to finally get into some soccer action since, well, there was already so much drama! XD
I don't know. They're covering almost one volume per episode. That's not rushing, that's madness. It's merely the backbone of the story what we're getting in the anime.

In any case, Seven definitely gets the short end of the stick here. For instance, Araki's monologue about the difference between FC's and SC's playing styles (episode 5) is actually spoken by Seven in the manga. So they're not only removing Seven's scenes, but they also giving her remaining lines to other characters.

All in all, it seems the director is adamant in shafting her into side-character territory. I wonder why though... it doesn't make much sense to me.
Old 2012-02-10, 15:33   Link #173
AbZeroNow
North American Haruhiist

I found a relevent news link today that sounds like good news for us that love Seven(and those who loved Touch)

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...o-kishi-series

I guess we are going to see Nadeshiko Japan in this anime.

Also, I saw something on MAL(I think I also saw it linked to on Random Curiousity)

http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=398377

I guess there was some venting or something on 2ch dealing with how there seems to be some tension between the director and the animating staff.
Old 2012-02-10, 20:14   Link #174
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbZeroNow View Post
I found a relevent news link today that sounds like good news for us that love Seven(and those who loved Touch)

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...o-kishi-series
Well, I'm glad to hear they're not going to cut this too.
Spoiler for Seven stuff:

On another note, I watched episode 6:

Pros: somewhat good animation.

Cons: dumb Seven (well, not dumb, but not the genius she's in the manga), Kakeru being oblivious about his weakness (because they cut the scene when Seven explained it to him lol), Araki joining the game without knowing Seven off-side trick (because they cut that scene too lol) so how they hell is he going to pull off the fucking trick???

All in all 5/10. With every episode I'm one step closer to drop this thing. Here's hoping they writer will learn how to write at some point.

Last edited by Kazu-kun; 2012-02-11 at 00:40.
Kazu-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-10, 20:45   Link #175
AbZeroNow
North American Haruhiist

Spoiler for Episode 6- Clash! FC vs SC!!:

I think it's possible that Seven coming up with that trick play will be in a flashback and then Araki seeing it. I don't know if they'll do that after the trick play or before. I do wonder when Kakeru will find out about his weakness that Oda picked up on.

It gets a 7/10 for the animation and the way they handled Kakeru's lows and highs. I do wish they'd do better with the BGM they use and I wonder if we'll ever see an ED.
Old 2012-02-10, 22:25   Link #176
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Lol how Kouta jumped ship so easily. SO let's see what the King can do next time.
Old 2012-02-11, 00:53   Link #177
king12354

This ep. makes me wonder why SC caters to long ball style during the first year instead of playing around Araki when he's clearly the best player.
king12354 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-11, 01:20   Link #178
Kazu-kun

There was an interview in the series' website. It seems it's about Nana. It would be cool if someone can translate....

Quote:
亡き兄・逢沢傑の遺志を継いでサッカー選手としてトップを目指す主人公・逢沢駆の、兄弟の強い絆、仲間やラ イバルたちとの友情、そしてなでしこジャパンで活躍することになる幼なじみのサッカー少女・美島奈々との恋 …。リアリティあふれるサッカーシーンの描写を通して、熱い青春ストーリーを展開しているアニメ「エリアの 騎士」。土曜あさ6時と早朝の放送にも関わらず、原作ファンやサッカー少年・少女を中心に話題沸騰中だが、 その「エリアの騎士」に80年代に一世を風靡したアニメ「タッチ」で上杉達也を演じた三ツ矢雄二と、浅倉南 を演じた日高のり子が出演。三ツ矢はなでしこジャパンの監督・五島役で、日高はなでしこジャパンの中心選手 ・一色妙子役で共演が実現した。

日本のアニメ史上に残る野球アニメのヒーロー、ヒロインとして共演した2人がサッカーアニメ で共演。
「エリアの騎士」で共演するにあたって2人の心境は?
1回目の収録を終えた2人に感想を聞いてみた。

まず、サッカーアニメでの共演については

三ツ矢「僕は以前にもサッカーアニメに出たことがあって、その時は選手だったんですが、今回は監督。それなりに月 日の流れを感じます。もう選手じゃなくて監督かぁ、という感じがありますけど、年齢的に貫録のある監督もで きなくちゃいけないのかな、という感じですね」
日高「私も『タッチ』の時はマネージャーでしたけど、ずいぶん前にサッカーアニメでマネージャーの役をやったこ とがあるんです。今回は社会人選手みたいな感じで(笑)。やはり月日の流れを感じました。しかも優秀な選手 の役をやらせていただいて気持ち良かったです」

と、それぞれかつて出演したサッカーアニメと比較しながら率直な感想を述べた。

「エリアの騎士」という作品の印象については、

三ツ矢「この先どうなるか楽しみですね。スポーツアニメは物語の進行はもちろん大切ですけど、試合がどうなるかと いうスリリングな展開も楽しめます。最近、国民的なアニメーションが少なくなってきていますので、この作品 が皆さんの記憶にとどまって国民的なアニメの一つになれば、と思っています」
日高「高校野球にしろ、高校サッカーにしろ、高校生のスポーツは技術的な進歩もそうですけど、人としての成長が さわやかに描かれていると思うんです。それが見る人の胸を打つというか。亡くなったお兄さんの遺志を継いで 頑張るという弟の気持ち…、何かを背負って十代の若者が頑張る姿、というのはきっと見る人の気持ちを惹きつ けると思うので、そういう意味ではアニメを見てくれた人たちが青春を疑似体験してくれるといいなと思います 。お父さん、お母さんは昔を思い出しながら、学生の皆さんはこういう熱い生き方もあるんだと感じていただけ たらいいなと思います」

と、経験を踏まえつつ、高校スポーツを描くアニメの魅力を語ってくれた。

続けて「エリアの騎士」初めての収録ということで、お互いの感想を聞くと、

三ツ矢「なかなか凛々しく、自分の一番キツイところを思い出して演じていたと思います(笑)。ややもすると男の子 っぽくなりがちなんですけど、そこはきちんと女の子で気が強いという感じはよく出ていたんじゃないかな、と 思います」
日高「人の良い監督というか、どちらかというと選手に押され気味な監督という雰囲気がぴったりだったなと思いま した(笑)。もしかして五島監督はスター選手として活躍できなかったかもしれないけど、人の良さで周囲に人 が集まってくるのかな、と。三ツ矢さんのやさしさが出ていて、とてもいいなと思いました」

と、1回目にして既にお互いのキャラの特長をとらえており、さすがの息の合ったところを伺わせ た。

最後に「エリアの騎士」のみどころを聞くと、

三ツ矢「若手の声優たちがこのアニメを通して成長していく姿が見られるというのはうれしいですし、作品としても試 合の楽しさとか、試合にかける意気込み、迷いとか青春群像的なところもあると思うので、どの時代でも変わら ない熱い心を画面から感じとってもらえればと思っています」
日高「美島さんがマネージャーとしての自分と、選手としての自分の中で揺れ動く部分ですね。たぶんイレブンの中 に好きな人がいて恋模様なども見えてくるのではないか、と。サッカー選手として生きたいけど、マネージャー としても生きたい、と苦悩するところが、新体操とマネージャーの間を揺れ動いた自分自身と重なるといいます か、そのあたりも楽しみに物語を追っていきたいと思っています」

と熱く語ってくれた。

そんな二人の演じる五島監督、一色妙子は2月25日(土)朝6:00~の「エリアの騎士」第8話に初登場、 以降も不定期ながら出演予定。
Old 2012-02-11, 07:01   Link #179
MasterVampire

Wait im confused!

Wasnt Araki really fat?
And why doesnt Seven play?
MasterVampire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-11, 12:28   Link #180
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

I dunno, isn't losing THAT much weight in 2 weeks rather dangerous? XD

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
shounen, sports