AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fate/ Series

Notices

Old 2012-09-14, 16:59   Link #4001
sona-nyl
Actually an Alligator

Yes, but osananajimi is basically anyone you've known since your childhood. It doesn't really always mean childhood friend. He and Sakura weren't exactly "friends". She was his friends sister. I haven't watched much of the anime but in the VN he's says pretty clearly that he never really talked to her until he hurt his arm and she decided to help him out.

Last edited by sona-nyl; 2012-09-14 at 17:34.
sona-nyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-14, 17:04   Link #4002
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

To be exact, they are childhood acquaintances who became friends later on during High School.

Shinji and Shirou were closer to being childhood friends (classmates is a better description IMO) and Shinji introduced Sakura as his little sister to Shirou 4 years before the show/game starts. They didn't really interact much, but she sort of watched him from afar and after a while Shirou's Main ProtagonistTM ended up melting her heart and she ended up stalking him for sometime before getting enough courage and asking if she could help him around his house. They've been together since then, a year and a half before the start of all routes.
Old 2012-09-15, 09:56   Link #4003
Altima of the Gates
Casting a spell on you...
*Graphic Designer

Location: Where there are no mallets or tentacles.... and the female cast of Tenjou Tenge is mine, all mine!
Send a message via AIM to Altima of the Gates Send a message via MSN to Altima of the Gates Send a message via Yahoo to Altima of the Gates
Actually to amend that, she had been visiting the house a short while before he actually let her help him. And wouldn't leave until he agreed. She mentioned she expected him to hate her, and he went all tsundere, agreed, and gave her the key to his house thereafter, stating, "You beat me". Because he had never thought she was that stubborn (since she was still very much the super stoic empty eyed girl we saw in Zero, just older).
Altima of the Gates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-23, 21:54   Link #4004
Spamamdorf

Yo, I haven't exactly frequented this part of the forums (or most of the forums really) because I just beat FSN a while back but I had a quick question for someone who's beat FSN and watched Fate Zero; I was planning on getting some of my anime friends together and having us all watch Fate/Zero because of all the glowing reviews I've heard about it, but does it have spoilers for those who might want to go on and play FSN?
Spoiler for FSN spoilers:

I just thought it'd be cool to see something as a group but only like 2 of them have actually played the game/watched the anime for FSN so some of the others might not appreciate getting spoiled is all
Spamamdorf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-23, 21:59   Link #4005
mAc Chaos
King of Heroes

Fate/Zero was made to be seen *after* FSN. All the twists in FSN and surprises are just out in the open in Fate/Zero because it assumes you know it already.

You could just have them watch FSN first...
mAc Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-23, 22:02   Link #4006
Spamamdorf

Quote:
Originally Posted by mAc Chaos View Post
Fate/Zero was made to be seen *after* FSN. All the twists in FSN and surprises are just out in the open in Fate/Zero because it assumes you know it already.

You could just have them watch FSN first...
Are they, well damn, and I dunno it's because varying amounts of them have seen FSN or played it or only played parts, so I could wait a couple months until everyone's played or seen it on their own time (We're at a uni so free time can be hard to come by for some) but I was hoping that it'd be relatively spoiler free since I was told it was a stand alone, thanks anyway though
Old 2012-09-23, 22:12   Link #4007
mAc Chaos
King of Heroes

Well, it's stand alone in the sense that, you can still tell that it's a Grail War and all the characters are introduced again in it. So if you just watched Fate/Zero and never were going to watch FSN, it wouldn't stop you from being able to tell what was going on.

But all the FSN stuff would be spoiled that happens later on, and you wouldn't understand any of the connections between the characters and things that make them more significant if you knew from FSN already. You won't know their "history," so to speak.

Practically half of FSN is spoiled in the very first episode, lol.
Old 2012-09-24, 16:24   Link #4008
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

In terms of magus strength, how GOOD is Illya in terms of magic and fighting? Other than HF ending, magic capacity and mystic eyes of enchantment, what else can she do? What other spells and abilities can she do?

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-24, 16:32   Link #4009
Spamamdorf

Well this probably falls under the magic capacity bit but I thought it was pretty damn impressive that she could
Spoiler for FSN spoiler:
Old 2012-09-24, 16:37   Link #4010
mAc Chaos
King of Heroes

She put Shirou in a tree or something didn't she. She uses some sort of "wish based" magic that lets her just will what she wants and get it.
Old 2012-09-24, 17:23   Link #4011
Spamamdorf

So like Haruhi basically? (and I totally forgot the tree thing, she also did that with a doll right?)
Old 2012-09-26, 09:07   Link #4012
Altima of the Gates
Casting a spell on you...
*Graphic Designer

Location: Where there are no mallets or tentacles.... and the female cast of Tenjou Tenge is mine, all mine!
Send a message via AIM to Altima of the Gates Send a message via MSN to Altima of the Gates Send a message via Yahoo to Altima of the Gates
This might help:

Quote:

Stuff under magic attributes with respect to Einzbern

Flow/transfer of power
Magic attribute that Einzbern magi are skilled in. They are specialized at the transmutation and creation of materials, that is, alchemy, using this attribute, and are highly skilled in the production of homunculi. Ilya often uses magic, using the attribute of transferring, to move the consciousness of others to something else.
Altima of the Gates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-28, 20:24   Link #4013
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
Did Shirou survive Rider dagger stab to chest because he survived Berserker?
Old 2012-09-28, 20:53   Link #4014
mAc Chaos
King of Heroes

Answer:
Spoiler:
Old 2012-10-06, 18:50   Link #4015
Cherry_Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spamamdorf View Post
Are they, well damn, and I dunno it's because varying amounts of them have seen FSN or played it or only played parts, so I could wait a couple months until everyone's played or seen it on their own time (We're at a uni so free time can be hard to come by for some) but I was hoping that it'd be relatively spoiler free since I was told it was a stand alone, thanks anyway though
Watching the anime is not sufficient in any case. Zero assumes that you've played the VN, and spoilers large parts of the HF route, in particular. Hell, I spoilered myself on one of the biggest twists in the entire route by looking up Rin's mum on wikipedia and finding the information from Zero....
Cherry_Lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-10, 18:35   Link #4016
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
Quote:
Originally Posted by mAc Chaos View Post
Answer:
Spoiler:
I meant if Shirou survived because berserker hacked him at the front, is this true?
Old 2012-10-10, 19:14   Link #4017
Spamamdorf

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhl88 View Post
I meant if Shirou survived because berserker hacked him at the front, is this true?
You mean if the fact that he was surviving Rider's attacks was dependant on his already having fought Beserker? Like if he hadn't fought Beserker would he have died? I'd have to say no
Old 2012-10-10, 21:04   Link #4018
Guernsey
The GAP Man

Send a message via AIM to Guernsey Send a message via MSN to Guernsey Send a message via Yahoo to Guernsey
I am planning on watching the Zeri anime on my computer but I had yet to play the Vn, should I play the VN before I start Zero or can I just start on Zero?
Old 2012-10-10, 21:23   Link #4019
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guernsey View Post
I am planning on watching the Zeri anime on my computer but I had yet to play the Vn, should I play the VN before I start Zero or can I just start on Zero?
It is not necessary to play the VN before watching Zero but it is highly recommended that you do play first.
Old 2012-10-10, 21:24   Link #4020
mAc Chaos
King of Heroes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guernsey View Post
Play the VN or watch the FSN anime. Either way, Zero was created with the idea that you already saw the original.