AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-10-14, 09:53   Link #1021
Joe4evr
(Ex-)Seitenkan VN coder

Location: Slightly south-west of the exact center of this country's X and Y axes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heatth View Post
By 'latest model' he was talking about the PC, that, being the latest model, probably use the latest operation system.
Unless the CCP was smart enough to, y'know, remove Vista the resource hog and replace it with XP.
Old 2009-10-14, 09:56   Link #1022
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
They have Windows XP as the "latest model" in the anime. It at least takes place after... 2003, I think, was when XP came out?
Well, there are some who considered Vista a downgrade from XP, and still do. So the irony is that the statement can still be true NOW, until Windows 7 gets released.

EDIT: got ninja'ed by Joe4evr
Old 2009-10-14, 09:57   Link #1023
Heatth

Send a message via MSN to Heatth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe4evr View Post
Unless the CCP was smart enough to, y'know, remove Vista the resource hog and replace it with XP.
Pretty possible. It was not me who said it, anyway.
Old 2009-10-14, 12:45   Link #1024
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

Send a message via AIM to Kogetsu Shirogane
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormwhite View Post
The actual quote says that it's what some would consider to be a lucky date BEFORE he knows what year it is. I'd imagine the PR of Kadokawa know about most of the fan theories, so of course they'd do something on 7/7/7.

Don't confuse speculation with canon
Don't forget the fact that, with the exception of 2006's Tanabata(as it was only five days after Melancholy VI aired), I'm fairly certain they've done something every July 7th and December 18th since the end of the series.

Heck, I could easily use them screwing around with the website for Mysterique Sign to prove that the series starts in 2006, and "three years ago" is 2003. Which makes a lot more sense, seeing as their world was "created" that year.
WARNING: Kogetsu Shirogane cannot be held accountable for any actions taken by someone else. Potential side effects of communicating with this user include headaches, mild confusion, insanity, delirium, and jumping into fires. Do not expose this user to sunlight or water or feed this user after midnight.
... so you think you're a king now...
Old 2009-10-14, 23:26   Link #1025
Otaku Emperor
Love Conquers All!

Location: The Suzumiya Haruhi Section of AnimeSuki, (I placed my main Otaku HQ box there)
Ooo, I love TMOHSC

I downloaded it and put it on my phone ^ w ^

Chibi things rock!

Also Nyoro~n girl is awsome ^ _ ^ I wub her memes.
Old 2009-10-15, 11:06   Link #1026
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Some thoughts on the timing of the series.

No Japanese newspaper is going to list the date as 7/7/07, I would think. At best it's going to be 2007/7/7, or more likely 平成19年7月7日 or 2007年7月7日 to reflect the Japanese way of writing the date. That last one, particularly using the Gregorian year, is possibly what the author intended, but the 17th year of the Heisei era was 2005, and would also generate a date (平成17年7月7日) with three 7's in a row.

It's a shame that Haruhi doesn't take Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei's lead on pretending the Showa era never ended, as that would give us a 2002 Tanabata date of 昭和77年7月7日. Of course, four (shi = death) 7's would make it unlucky...

Of course, any indication of Tanabata (2009年7月7日, for example) is going to look somewhat "lucky" with the number of 7's in it.
Old 2009-10-15, 15:31   Link #1027
Otaku Emperor
Love Conquers All!

Location: The Suzumiya Haruhi Section of AnimeSuki, (I placed my main Otaku HQ box there)
Quote:
Originally Posted by quigonkenny View Post
Some thoughts on the timing of the series.

No Japanese newspaper is going to list the date as 7/7/07, I would think. At best it's going to be 2007/7/7, or more likely 平成19年7月7日 or 2007年7月7日 to reflect the Japanese way of writing the date. That last one, particularly using the Gregorian year, is possibly what the author intended, but the 17th year of the Heisei era was 2005, and would also generate a date (平成17年7月7日) with three 7's in a row.

It's a shame that Haruhi doesn't take Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei's lead on pretending the Showa era never ended, as that would give us a 2002 Tanabata date of 昭和77年7月7日. Of course, four (shi = death) 7's would make it unlucky...

Of course, any indication of Tanabata (2009年7月7日, for example) is going to look somewhat "lucky" with the number of 7's in it.
I don't think It really needs luck, just Haruhi fans to watch.
Old 2009-11-10, 19:50   Link #1028
worldruined
power tends to corrupt

Send a message via AIM to worldruined
The raw translation for Nagato Yuki-chan 5 is out, and it's completely on par with the previous four chapters. Puyo's art is as cute as ever, but nothing worthwhile is really happening. There's just a lot of blushing and happy-happiness and completely snarkless!Kyon all around. It's so sweet that there should be a "will almost certainly cause cavities" warning on the splash page.

Still keeping my fingers crossed for the future... someday...
Old 2009-11-11, 15:20   Link #1029
Aebliss
Story Master

Send a message via AIM to Aebliss
Well, they did show Haruhi in the very first chapter, and Tsuruya's acting nice and nuts, so you never know what might happen. ^^

But even if nothing extreme occurs, it's a fun, sweet read. That's not so bad once in a while.
Old 2009-11-11, 15:32   Link #1030
worldruined
power tends to corrupt

Showing Haruhi in the first chapter was basically an establishing shot to say -- "hey, look, read our stuff, we're set in that popular Melonpan universe, even if all we've scavenged are the character names and designs and left the personalities out on the curb to rot!"

I mean, it is made of sugar and spice and everything nice, but without some Chemical X, it's going nowhere fast.
Old 2009-11-30, 22:28   Link #1031
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

I finally watched haruhi-chan and Nyoron Churuya-san last month both of them were extremely funny, awesome, and even epic at some points like yuki's dating sim. Also Haruhi-chan's OP theme was simply hilarious, and fun to listen to. I really hope they make more or something like.
Also what it this "Nagato Yuki-chan" being talked of, it sounds like it is a 4-koma/manga or something and not animated?
MAL
Old 2009-12-01, 02:17   Link #1032
Heatth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konakaga View Post
I finally watched haruhi-chan and Nyoron Churuya-san last month both of them were extremely funny, awesome, and even epic at some points like yuki's dating sim. Also Haruhi-chan's OP theme was simply hilarious, and fun to listen to. I really hope they make more or something like.
Also what it this "Nagato Yuki-chan" being talked of, it sounds like it is a 4-koma/manga or something and not animated?
It is not 4-koma. It is a normal comedy/romance manga using he characters from Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya.
Old 2009-12-09, 16:26   Link #1033
worldruined
power tends to corrupt

Nagato Yuki-chan chapter 6 (translated) is up. It's a Kyon x Nagato cute-fest! Whoo hoo?
Old 2009-12-09, 17:25   Link #1034
AmyElizzabeth
Moo

Send a message via MSN to AmyElizzabeth
Is the Nagato fan-made or real?
I'll be sad if It was made by the people who made the series..
I still wanna read it someday
Old 2009-12-09, 17:29   Link #1035
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

It's about as official as Haruhi-chan is.
WARNING: Kogetsu Shirogane cannot be held accountable for any actions taken by someone else. Potential side effects of communicating with this user include headaches, mild confusion, insanity, delirium, and jumping into fires. Do not expose this user to sunlight or water or feed this user after midnight.
Old 2009-12-09, 17:54   Link #1036
AmyElizzabeth
Moo

Send a message via MSN to AmyElizzabeth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kogetsu Shirogane View Post
It's about as official as Haruhi-chan is.
I still don't like the Yuki x Kyon pairing, but I'll read it.
I still have no idea if Haruhi-chan if official <fail
Old 2009-12-09, 19:48   Link #1037
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyElizzabeth View Post
given that their actual Seiyuu sing the OP theme for it, I am pretty sure it is real in some way.
MAL
Old 2009-12-09, 19:57   Link #1038
Heatth

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyElizzabeth View Post
Well, it is official, but not canon. There is a big difference. Tanigawa haven't writen any of it.
Old 2009-12-11, 03:57   Link #1039
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

INB4 someone has to explain canon again...
Old 2009-12-11, 12:34   Link #1040
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

I don't know why we'd have to. It's a piece of music in which the same melody is played by different voices, but beginning at different times. an artillery weapon. a VN with two animes based on it. the name of an evil pig guy that desires the Triforce. something that is to be considered the absolute truth for a given work.

... Did I get 'em all or did I miss one of the things that's generally brought up?
Closed Thread

Tags
comedy, shounen