AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > K-On!

Notices

View Poll Results: K-On! - Episode 9 Rating
Perfect 10 36 29.51%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 45 36.89%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 22 18.03%
7 out of 10 : Good 12 9.84%
6 out of 10 : Average 7 5.74%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 122. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-05-31, 06:07   Link #121
faervas

I think the OP is a case where she was taken out for the first third than later put back in. I have always thought the spacing was a bit odd. My thinking was it symbolized Mio shyness. Why people think it seem force is because the scale of the girls looks odd. Yui is in front so she is larger, however Mio is back a bit but taller than Yui. Ritsu is playing the Trap but that is almost as tall as Asu-naya. Asu-anya small scale is right. the problem is Mio is pushing forward in space. If they had Asu, overlap the head of the base it would push back Mio.
Old 2009-05-31, 10:47   Link #122
Tabris

Asuza is pretty awesome.
Old 2009-05-31, 13:26   Link #123
Master Chibi
.: A bad doggy :.

They should have duct taped a cardboard cutout of of Asuza into the op and called it a day, because shit, she's not even in the ending theme at this point, is she?

Updated once a week - http://pishi.wordpress.com/
Last updated - 5/30/10 - Random Manga Roulette!
Old 2009-05-31, 14:20   Link #124
Bikerider
Senior Rider of Bikes

This show, for me, is like Aria. It has a pleasant charm. There are no evil baddies spoiling the landscape. It's not high tension higly cliche'd action squences. No one is going to get a "power up" of super human abillities. Nope. It's what it is: a charming easy going slice of life story. Some like it, most don't.
Old 2009-05-31, 16:08   Link #125
Master Chibi
.: A bad doggy :.

No, see Aria managed to take it's setting into consideration and used it very, very well. Their 'jobs' compliment the characters and their actions, and all the pieces work extremely well to form one cohesive, smooth flowing, relaxing show.

The K-On equivalent of Aria would be like putting a water cooler in the middle of the town, and having the entire cast mull around shooting the shit for 22 minutes, and doing it again for 7 episodes, only to have them suddenly pilot the gondolas like jetski's through lakes of fire for 3 minutes and then not do it again for another 4 episodes.

Updated once a week - http://pishi.wordpress.com/
Last updated - 5/30/10 - Random Manga Roulette!
Old 2009-05-31, 16:18   Link #126
Game8910
Shanacon/Ariafag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Chibi View Post
The K-On equivalent of Aria would be like putting a water cooler in the middle of the town, and having the entire cast mull around shooting the shit for 22 minutes, and doing it again for 7 episodes, only to have them suddenly pilot the gondolas like jetski's through lakes of fire for 3 minutes and then not do it again for another 4 episodes.
dear god I lol'd

But yeah K-ON and Aria are nothing alike....both are slice of life but thats about it. Aria is just in a whole different level in terms of character dynamics and overall experience as well.
Spring 2011 Impressions (part2)
Old 2009-05-31, 18:21   Link #127
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Comparison to Aria? That one really came from left-field.

But, yeah. Hidamari Sketch worked a bit better than K-On for the anime series.
Old 2009-05-31, 21:21   Link #128
Kyourin
garbage collector

The episode was good .. full of Azu-nyan cuteness and all ^w^ But after a while it gets tiring .. at least for me ^w^ I can't help it but compare it with the former episode .. which I unconsciously rewatched 3 more times .. but this episode I have to force myself just to get a more detailed look TwT ..

I wonder if the director for this episode got swapped or something ^w^;;

But the drama in the end was a real life saver ^w^ !!

I hope Azu-nyan could stuff some spirit on the club to practice more than sitting idly on their tea time XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by ucit View Post
i thought they gonna release new song which mean new OP :P
Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
The OP changed?!
Is what I first thought, but the whole OP felt like they forced her into the OP...
TwT I was really hoping for a new OP .. it was also KyoAni's chance to release an oricon daily's 1st ranker. But I guess they just settled for the shop thing ^w^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypernova View Post
Sawachan's sneaking skill is great as always
Maybe she's a ninja from her former life .. heheh XD
(also remember that Christmas episode ^w^)
Old 2009-05-31, 23:21   Link #129
Mughi
Wordy b@stard

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptGloval View Post
I get it now! To appeal to a wider (otaku) audience, you can't exactly depict sex, drugs and rock-n-roll in a behind-the-scenes story of a band, so instead we get moe, cake and rock-n-roll. Now I understand that I have to make the necessary substitutions.
See, EXACTLY! THIS is what is really going on. The cake and tea are just censor acceptable metaphores for drugs and alcohol. Substitute tea with powerful drink, and cakes for illicit drugs and the whole series makes sense! Months of laying around on a drunken, high stupor punctuated by a few shining moments of musical brilliance. In that context, its a dead right on example of the evolution of a band!

Its not like they can advocate such abhorrent behavior, but the result is pretty much the same.
Old 2009-05-31, 23:22   Link #130
Darth Atma
Rookie Member

Did anyone notice changes in OP song in this episode?
Spoiler for Changes in the song:
Old 2009-05-31, 23:33   Link #131
fish eric
like to talk to fish?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Chibi View Post
They should have duct taped a cardboard cutout of of Asuza into the op and called it a day, because shit, she's not even in the ending theme at this point, is she?
HAHA, they should tape a picture of her to the frames of animation. And let you see the scotch tape.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Atma View Post
Did anyone notice changes in OP song in this episode?
Spoiler for Changes in the song:
Someone mentioned it at the beginning of this thread.
Old 2009-06-01, 00:12   Link #132
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mughi View Post
See, EXACTLY! THIS is what is really going on. The cake and tea are just censor acceptable metaphores for drugs and alcohol. Substitute tea with powerful drink, and cakes for illicit drugs and the whole series makes sense! Months of laying around on a drunken, high stupor punctuated by a few shining moments of musical brilliance. In that context, its a dead right on example of the evolution of a band!

Its not like they can advocate such abhorrent behavior, but the result is pretty much the same.
Fridge Brilliance, definitely.
Old 2009-06-01, 00:18   Link #133
MidnightViper88
HI, BILLY MAYS HERE

Send a message via AIM to MidnightViper88
Here's my thoughts on the intro:

There are obviously some not-so-subtle placecards in the pre-Azusa intro, as if someone went through an entire photo album and digitally altered someone out of every group shot; Of course now that we've seen the revised intro after-the-fact, it's hard to say that it even used to look subtle before, but it was still something that most (Or at least now that we know, all) people probably wouldn't have picked up if they weren't consciously thinking of possible reasons as to why those placecards were as they were...

With that in mind, one could come to the logical conclusion that the animation team probably built the intro in mind for modification to the later inclusion of a new character from the beginning...I'm not sure how much time was put in place from the beginning of the anime project and the manga chapter Azusa was first introduced, but I'm sure for all obvious legal, continuity and production reasons there was source coordination between the anime and manga team, thus the anime team most likely knew about Azusa wayyy before anyone in the manga audience knew who Azusa was...

Thus, I have to ask: How could Azusa's insertion into the intro be at all forced if she was meant to be in it in the first place? An alien feeling of familiarity like being a newbie when a veteran returns, yes, but it's hardly forced; If anything, it just doesn't feel natural after having gotten used to something for 8 episodes before the 9th...In order for it to have been forced, the intro would've otherwise been produced without any forward knowledge or intention of any later inclusion of Azusa, which apparently doesn't seem to fit the case...

With the thought that without a doubt Azusa was meant to be in the intro, I for one welcome it; It's like a finished puzzle after finding out there was actually a missing piece...

Speaking of Azusa, I'm reminded why she's the most respected character (Alongside Mio) I see in the Light Music Club cast, since like Mio, she's the only one in the club that actually gives more than a half-assed attention focus to the musical inclinations of the club...

It's a shame she can be easily bribed otherwise, though...

Jimmy Page reference FOR THE WIN too...
"I just want to lie in my own crusty filth, eating rancid egg sandwiches, until some unfortunate paramedic has to blow down my door to find my bloated and pasty corpse wedged between the nightstand and mattress stained with Bengay and Robitussin DM." - Greg Gutfeld on sex and seniors
"Syphilis does not stay in Vegas. Debt collectors do not stay in Vegas. Dead hookers stay in Vegas, but the guilt stays with you forever." - Bill Schultz
Old 2009-06-01, 00:23   Link #134
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Er... lest you forget, K-On is a 2 chapters/month series (changed from being initially a monthly series). Azusa first appeared in chapter 16, which first appeared in 2008 (The series began running in May 2007). So, yes, those who read the manga from day 1 knew who Azusa was even before KyoAni picked up the series.
Old 2009-06-01, 00:38   Link #135
MidnightViper88
HI, BILLY MAYS HERE

Send a message via AIM to MidnightViper88
Quote:
Originally Posted by yezhanquan View Post
Er... lest you forget, K-On is a 2 chapters/month series (changed from being initially a monthly series). Azusa first appeared in chapter 16, which first appeared in 2008 (The series began running in May 2007). So, yes, those who read the manga from day 1 knew who Azusa was even before KyoAni picked up the series.
Well then, that's even better than what I had first assumed...
"I just want to lie in my own crusty filth, eating rancid egg sandwiches, until some unfortunate paramedic has to blow down my door to find my bloated and pasty corpse wedged between the nightstand and mattress stained with Bengay and Robitussin DM." - Greg Gutfeld on sex and seniors
"Syphilis does not stay in Vegas. Debt collectors do not stay in Vegas. Dead hookers stay in Vegas, but the guilt stays with you forever." - Bill Schultz
Old 2009-06-01, 00:58   Link #136
Darth Atma
Rookie Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fish eric View Post
Someone mentioned it at the beginning of this thread.
Sorry for my carelessness.
Old 2009-06-01, 01:32   Link #137
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

Episode gets a 6/5/10, which rounds to 7. What have I not said about this show yet? Needless to say, another dissapointing episode. I did not like how they executed the plot ideas in this episode at all considering I thought it was a good attempt at exploring the true heart of the band...
Old 2009-06-01, 07:03   Link #138
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

You are blind. They are showcasing Azunyan's kitty moe.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2009-06-01, 07:07   Link #139
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Not too much. I have to keep my blood sugar in check, and I'm already reading Hidamari Sketch.
Old 2009-06-01, 08:27   Link #140
CaptGloval
New Macross soon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mughi View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptGloval View Post
I get it now! To appeal to a wider (otaku) audience, you can't exactly depict sex, drugs and rock-n-roll in a behind-the-scenes story of a band, so instead we get moe, cake and rock-n-roll. Now I understand that I have to make the necessary substitutions.

Yeah, although if I try to explore this, it pains me to arrive at unsavory implications for the characters.

Spoiler for don't continue or you might get disappointed:

EDIT: It should be moe, cake and fuwa fuwa time. Sounds just right

Spoiler for on three characters, this time it's somewhat positive:

Last edited by CaptGloval; 2009-06-01 at 11:42.
Closed Thread