AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-07-15, 18:50   Link #1261
PureYoki
Master of Old Forest

@ Cyclone:

Every human may kill when his/her survival is in danger, this is a basic instinct. (No, not Sharon Stone's "Basic Instinct" ) I would expect better from a soldier like Teresa in a life or death situation.

Teresa killed lots of monsters (be it yoma or humans) and why she hesitated to kill one more is beyond me. Teresa knew better that an AB is a monster, Teresa knew that Priscilla would eat people.

Partial-awakening was not an issue because Teresa didn't know Priscilla could come back and she indeed didn't come back, she killed Teresa's fellow claymores and ate four towns.

If this is perfectly understandable, then I must be on the wrong track.
Old 2008-07-15, 19:12   Link #1262
khryoleoz
Power of 9 SoShi-ist

That's not so hard to figure out. Teresa was conferring humanity upon someone who was professing it. Teresa clearly cherished the state of being human above all things. That is what was consistent with all of her actions and choices.

It was why she was relieved at Rosemary's awakening, which made the job easier. It was why she killed the bandits, who were even "beneath" yoma. It was why she left Clare in the first place. So her persisting to warn and keep Priscilla alive (Teresa could have delivered fatal strikes throughout their second fight as she was the one in control) was a very in-character and the most expected response from Teresa.

If Teresa made a mistake, it was in not exercising greater discretion to determine whether there was authenticity to what Priscilla was pleading.
Old 2008-07-15, 19:41   Link #1263
Cyclone
Transient Guest

Quote:
Originally Posted by PureYoki View Post
@ Cyclone:

Every human may kill when his/her survival is in danger, this is a basic instinct. (No, not Sharon Stone's "Basic Instinct" ) I would expect better from a soldier like Teresa in a life or death situation.

Teresa killed lots of monsters (be it yoma or humans) and why she hesitated to kill one more is beyond me. Teresa knew better that an AB is a monster, Teresa knew that Priscilla would eat people.

Partial-awakening was not an issue because Teresa didn't know Priscilla could come back and she indeed didn't come back, she killed Teresa's fellow claymores and ate four towns.

If this is perfectly understandable, then I must be on the wrong track.
Heh - I think you finally understand!
The soldier Teresa died long before the execution squads were ever sent her way. The soldier Teresa was defeated by Clare (during the "even these silver eyes can cry" scene). Hence Irene's comments to Clare that Teresa became soft. In essense, Teresa became more human - more like you or I - than some trained anti-social killing machine.

Now imagine you standing, sword in hand, over a terrified crying little girl who, while following orders and believing herself to be justice incarnate, got into a huge spec of trouble and needs to be put out of her misery. She's crying, looking at you and pleading for help.

The question is not whether you'd do kill her (reason would probably eventually kick in and you'd do what must be done), the question is whether you'd do it without hesitation. Teresa hesitated, and died as a result. Truthfully, in Teresa's shoes, I don't know if I wouldn't make the same mistake.
Old 2008-07-15, 20:02   Link #1264
Enara
Riful #1 fan + Browncoat

This argument has lasted so long. I'm starting to think there's nothing that thread can agree on.
Old 2008-07-15, 21:20   Link #1265
clarakiss~
the toeto nomster~!!

i think this 'teresa and priscilla argument' will keep on going until the end of time or the end of human civilization. >.>

neway, teresa kind of reminds me of elvis lol even though he's gone, ppl still rant about him. maybe i should draw some side burns on teresa and see what she looks like. ^^; jk~!!
Old 2008-07-15, 21:29   Link #1266
tenken627
what Yagi said

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarakiss~ View Post
i think this 'teresa and priscilla argument' will keep on going until the end of time or the end of human civilization. >.>

neway, teresa kind of reminds me of elvis lol even though he's gone, ppl still rant about him. maybe i should draw some side burns on teresa and see what she looks like. ^^; jk~!!

Teresa is still alive. She faked her death and is relaxing on a beach with a martini somewhere in the Caribbean.

What about the head? It was a sock puppet with Teresa's face painted on it.
Old 2008-07-15, 21:29   Link #1267
Enara
Riful #1 fan + Browncoat

NNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Not side burns!!!!!!!!!!!

but really I don't think shes alive. althought I wish other wise.
Old 2008-07-15, 21:30   Link #1268
NobodyMan
Trying to be somebody

Send a message via MSN to NobodyMan
Quote:
Originally Posted by tenken627 View Post
Teresa is still alive. She faked her death and is relaxing on a beach with a martini somewhere in the Caribbean.

What about the head? It was a sock puppet with Teresa's face painted on it.
Than what did the Org put inside Clare!?

Sig made by Yumii-chan.
Avi made by Woodburner
Old 2008-07-15, 21:35   Link #1269
tenken627
what Yagi said

Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyMan View Post
Than what did the Org put inside Clare!?
Cotton? At least it would be 100% cotton and not the cheap imitation kind? Teresa doesn't do imitation.
Old 2008-07-15, 22:27   Link #1270
Enara
Riful #1 fan + Browncoat

Does anyone know what the claymore uniform is made out of?
Old 2008-07-15, 22:38   Link #1271
NobodyMan
Trying to be somebody

Send a message via MSN to NobodyMan
I guess their uniforms would be woven out of some kind of silk. I don't think they're spandex.

Sig made by Yumii-chan.
Avi made by Woodburner

Last edited by NobodyMan; 2008-07-15 at 22:54.
Old 2008-07-15, 23:51   Link #1272
babuji
Alston De Ventigo

Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyMan View Post
I guess their uniforms would be woven out of some kind of silk. I don't think they're spandex.
I think it is made of elastic rubber.......remember helen can stretch her hands and her uniform didn't rip off.

Dunno about how it rip when they awakens....
Old 2008-07-16, 00:13   Link #1273
Ancient Soul

...somewhere in the claymore world...

Rubel : They have stopped.
Ermita : Who?
Rubel : The Invincible Army of Teresa, they have stopped.
Ermita : Yes they did.But they already ravaged Area 81 and took control of 3/4 of it.
Rubel : Yes, is true, but Area 81 was nothing important for us.Just another area to test our readers.
Ermita : I was busy with Audrey & Rachel lately.So what was in Area 81 anyway?
Rubel : Nothing important, some information about Raki&Priscilla love affair and Riful & Renee encounter.
Ermia : What?Renee is in Riful hands?
Rubel : Yes, it seem that you lost another claymore
(i think that Ermita handle nr 3-6 claymores).
Ermita : Hmm, i lost many more before.
Rubel : I must leave now.Oh, by the way, Galatea & Miria are sending you their regards!
Ermita : What?
Rubel : Galatea said she want to thank you for your parental concern and Miria for the hard missions you have gived her in the past.I didn't know they care about you.See you!
Ermita (for himself): Hmm...finaly my work got results.Galatea & Miria are finaly togheter.Also Miata is with them too.And all the readers said that Rubel is the smartest.We will see about that.
Rubel (for himself) : You may have Miria&Galatea&Miata...but i have Clare...

...at the ORG HQ...

Orsay : Something happened Rimuto?
Rimuto : A shiver on my spine...i think someone put me a bad thought...
Orsay : Don't wory, we have Alicia.

Who will win this battle of wits , intrigues and pure strenght within the higher-ups of The ORG, i don't know, so stay connected...
Old 2008-07-16, 00:14   Link #1274
Ancient Soul

Audrey & Galatea training session...and what happened after this :

Galatea : Now, Audrey, close your eyes and let us give hands.
Audrey : This training will improve my yoki sensing?
Galatea : Yes.Now concentrate.Let every thought out of your mind.
Audrey : Wow, i feel something.I even seem to see sparks.
Galatea : Yes, you feel yoki aura now.
Audrey : I feel a little pain on one of my breasts!Is this normal?
Galatea : Don't wory, is just Miata.
Audery (opening her eyes) : No, this was a trick to feed Miata!How can you do this to me Galatea?
Galatea : What do you want?Clarice run out of milk already, we don't want her to awaken do we?
Clarice (cring) : Miata don't love me anymore!
Galatea : ...in a fight you must be able to concentrate even if an AB is "on top of you"...Miata is part of the training...
Audrey : Oh, ok!Just tell her not to touch my hair!Took me hours to take care of it.

...moments later...

Cid : Why do you cry Clarice?
Clarice (still cring): Miata love Audrey more than me now!
Cid : Oh, i can take her place if you want (he didn't really know what he just said!)!
Clarice : Really?Really mean this?
Cid : Yes, of course!
Clarice : Well...
Cid : Wait, what are you doing...not in public...smooth...

...and so Cid know Clarice (better)...Father Vicent who just passing by saw them , give them his blessing and marry them on the spot...Audrey finished very quickly her milk reserves and Galatea call Miria back to Rabona...Miria never return to Rabona because was afraid that Galatea will use yoki manipulation on her to put her to "work" for Miata...so Galatea...

...a few days later...

Raki : Milk!It taste so good.LUCKY me that i made this cow farm from the money i collected killing youmas.
Cows : moooooooo
Raki : What the?...
Cows : moooooooo
Raki (take is sword) : Not a youma again!

...moments later...

Raki : By Isley & Priscilla!What is this?
Miata was slepping near a dozen of exhausted cows.
Raki : Oh, great...nice gift Galatea...my cow farm business is ruined...

...and so Galatea lived in peace in Rabona...

...while Raki curses his days as a farmer, the cows died, Clare left him, the bank took his farm and Miata.Then the bank go bankrupt, her assets sold..."somehow"(GOD joke!) Miata ended back in Rabona.

Galatea : And i thought that my jokes are the best!GOD you are better!
GOD : What is mine is mine, Galatea!
DEVIL : Thanks GOD that you didn't send Miata down here!

Galatea & GOD : Hmmmm...(what a good ideea!!!)...

...and so Miata took over the hell, forcing the devils to rise cows for her...
...and don't wory about Raki's happiness, Priscilla is still with him, all the time she was sleeping under Clare's bed.

Oh, yes,i forget, Audrey improved her yoki sensing...but who care anyway at this point of the story.
Old 2008-07-16, 00:16   Link #1275
Ancient Soul

About the MiBs :

Variant 1 : Religious Cult (working for themselfs)

What they think : YOKI is GOD! and the MiBs are HIS emissaries.
Objective 1 : Create the ultimate Yoki Creature and thus creating GOD...under their control!
Objective 2 : Creating toys to play with in the meantime (youmas, claymores and AB)

Variant 2 : Group of Mad Scientists (working for themselfs)

What they think : YOKI IS SCIENCE! and the MiBs must undercover its secrets.
Objective 1 : Do anything do find all about Yoki.
Objective 2 : Do anything to find applications for yoki.

Variant 3 : Group of Renegades (working for themselfs)

What they think : MONEY ARE OUR MASTER! and the MiBs must make money.
Objective 1 : Make money using youma\claymore combo.
Objective 2 : Experimenting\Creating monsters to be sold to waring factions for money.

Variant 4 : Special Research Group (working for the rich guys in both factions)

What they think : Humans can become Superior Creatures! and we MiBs can prove this.
Objective 1 : DONE : Imortality Achived!
Objective 2 : DONE : Divine\Demonic Like Power Achieved!
Objective 3 : under research : Controling the divine\demonic like power without turning into demons (Clare maybe);
Objective 4 : under research : Creating hybrids capable of reproduction (Miata's mother maybe)

Variant 5 : Undercover Research Group (working for one faction)

What they think : Fight or Die! we MiBs can help you.
Objective 1 : Undercover the secrets of Yoki.
Objective 2 : Creating the ultimate bio-yoki machine to defeat their enemies.
Old 2008-07-16, 02:54   Link #1276
yogi6807

How did you type that much in such a short time frame?
Old 2008-07-16, 03:43   Link #1277
PureYoki
Master of Old Forest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclone View Post
Now imagine you standing, sword in hand, over a terrified crying little girl who, while following orders and believing herself to be justice incarnate, got into a huge spec of trouble and needs to be put out of her misery. She's crying, looking at you and pleading for help.

The question is not whether you'd do kill her (reason would probably eventually kick in and you'd do what must be done), the question is whether you'd do it without hesitation. Teresa hesitated, and died as a result. Truthfully, in Teresa's shoes, I don't know if I wouldn't make the same mistake.
If I were Teresa, I would never hesitate to the point Priscilla could kill me. If Teresa was a rookie, I could understand her error but she was an experienced warrior. And I believe as long as I'm fighting with a sword in my hand, I'm a soldier. Clare had feelings for Raki but she was still a soldier.

Well, it seems it is a matter of preference, and everybody might behave differently in this situation.
Old 2008-07-16, 03:50   Link #1278
Ryuken
Claymore #01

Quote:
Originally Posted by PureYoki View Post
If I were Teresa, I would never hesitate to the point Priscilla could kill me. If Teresa was a rookie, I could understand her error but she was an experienced warrior. And I believe as long as I'm fighting with a sword in my hand, I'm a soldier. Clare had feelings for Raki but she was still a soldier.

Well, it seems it is a matter of preference, and everybody might behave differently in this situation.
Well you are not Teresa now are you. No offense of course. She changed, and no one could stop that.
Old 2008-07-16, 04:06   Link #1279
PureYoki
Master of Old Forest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryuken View Post
Well you are not Teresa now are you.
Of course, I'm not Teresa, if I were Teresa, I would be alive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryuken View Post
No offense of course. She changed, and no one could stop that.
I know she changed, although I have a hard time understanding her. Even Freud didn't understand women, who am I to pass judgment on them!
Old 2008-07-16, 09:45   Link #1280
Rolyn
Who hates Priscilla?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awakened View Post
Lol, its the Org and Priscilla's falt, not Teresa.

Will you blame Hitler's Mother for what he did?
yes i would blame his mummy for what he did... she should spank the kent!!!
Closed Thread