Notices

Old 2011-04-15, 04:31   Link #121
TheForsaken
Winter is coming

Um ... why?
Old 2011-04-15, 04:49   Link #122
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Nobunaga repeatedly and publicly humiliated Mitsuhide and caused his mother or aunt to be assassinated.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-15, 07:18   Link #123
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

Send a message via AIM to Kogetsu Shirogane
... Feels weird posting somewhere else for a change...

This is a pretty amusing series, and I find it rather funny that I ended up finding out about it through a thoroughly negative review.

Anyway, I'd like to just post an odd prediction, if you all don't mind:
Spoiler for Random prediction thing, disregard if you want:
WARNING: Kogetsu Shirogane cannot be held accountable for any actions taken by someone else. Potential side effects of communicating with this user include headaches, mild confusion, insanity, delirium, and jumping into fires. Do not expose this user to sunlight or water or feed this user after midnight.
... so you think you're a king now...
Kogetsu Shirogane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-15, 09:51   Link #124
TheForsaken
Winter is coming

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Nobunaga repeatedly and publicly humiliated Mitsuhide and caused his mother or aunt to be assassinated.
Actually the reason why Mitsuhide betrayed Nobunaga is unknown and it's became the source of the historians' debates.
Everything you said is just speculation, for example the story about Mitsuhide's mother:
Quote:
Furthermore, when invading Tamba province, Akechi Mitsuhide supposedly sent his mother as a hostage into the hostile Yagami Castle to convince the Hatano clan to surrender. Nobunaga, however, had the Hatano brothers executed, an act that caused former Hatano retainers to kill Akechi's mother. Akechi Mitsuhide felt humiliated and depressed by this and eventually decided to kill his master. This story, however, only began to circulate during the Edo period, and is of dubious historical origin.
Old 2011-04-15, 14:07   Link #125
ElizLestrad

I wouldnt say so, but I suppose its arguable... according to Mitsuhide he did. I'd say it was just him being greedy. Here he had basically everything one could ever want, but Mitsuhide wanted more. Bottom line nobody likes a traitor, and its unfortunate that (unlike Nagamasa...but in Nagamasa's defense they probably didnt tell him how political marriages work. Still there was no excuse.) it ended up being Oda who suffered and not Mitsuhide.

Looking better at the intro for the series though, I doubt their going to go the distance for historical accuracy, since the intro clearly shows Shingen and Kenshin as buddy buddy allies (towards the end of the intro where the two are sitting side by side in a field) , something that to my understanding would never ever EVER have occured being the type of rivals that they were, more likely to kill eachother than share a cup of tea.

If they do go with Mitsuhide being the ungreatful, coniving little creep that he was, I hope she dies like a punk. Slowly and painfully. And hopefully if it does come to that, Hideyoshi will grow enough brains to show Nobunaga her history book (what an advantage in battle that would be).

@Shirogane

Not to be rude, but I hope your wrong on that. Nobunaga's too likable of a character, and I hope this doesnt become one of those series where they kill off the hero characters (a la Wolfs Rain or Gantz) just for the heck of it. I really hope it doesnt come to that...

Last edited by ElizLestrad; 2011-04-15 at 14:20.
ElizLestrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-15, 14:43   Link #126
Wakan Tanka

Seriously, it doesn't look like anybody is gonna get killed.
Old 2011-04-15, 15:40   Link #127
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

Send a message via AIM to Kogetsu Shirogane
I never said kill, I said stop. Somehow managing to destroy the armor to break a curse on it would still be an act of betrayal(as Nobunaga pretty much stated that her goal involves using it), and it's not like this is really trying to be historically accurate, given the fact that Masamune is apparently alive at the same time as Yoshimoto.

Of course, it was just a random theory, and I'm not really all that attached to it. Just figured it'd be an interesting idea.
WARNING: Kogetsu Shirogane cannot be held accountable for any actions taken by someone else. Potential side effects of communicating with this user include headaches, mild confusion, insanity, delirium, and jumping into fires. Do not expose this user to sunlight or water or feed this user after midnight.
... so you think you're a king now...
Kogetsu Shirogane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-15, 15:46   Link #128
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Recently watched this.

Pretty good so far. Decent mix of humor and action.

This anime's version of Oda Nobunaga makes me think a little bit of the love-child of Lina Inverse and Naga the White Serpent, from the old 90s Slayers anime.

Pretty cool character as such.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kogetsu Shirogane View Post
... Feels weird posting somewhere else for a change...

This is a pretty amusing series, and I find it rather funny that I ended up finding out about it through a thoroughly negative review.

Anyway, I'd like to just post an odd prediction, if you all don't mind:
Spoiler for Random prediction thing, disregard if you want:
Nice idea. Could be a neat way for this anime to go.
Old 2011-04-15, 17:46   Link #129
jdennis007

I think Oda Nobunaga reminds me more of Claudette from Queens Blade( and I think both of them are HOT).
If Hideyoshi is smart she wont show the history book and instead use it to become a strategist.
jdennis007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-15, 18:37   Link #130
Deconstructor
Crossdressing Menmatic

Errr... not yet feeling the "spark" in this anime. I'll give it one more episode. Can't exactly watch 10 anime at the same time.

I admit, it's excellent... where the character's bodies are concerned.
Deconstructor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-15, 19:13   Link #131
k3fan

I've already seen the first two subbed eps,and even when people give it a thumbs down because of overdone tropes (Usagi type underdog saves the day,and the collection hunt) I find it entertaining and will stay around for more.

Oh,and now I know what "reimagining" means.
k3fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-15, 23:25   Link #132
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdennis007 View Post
I think Oda Nobunaga reminds me more of Claudette from Queens Blade( and I think both of them are HOT).
If Hideyoshi is smart she wont show the history book and instead use it to become a strategist.
Even if she did show the history book, they will probably deny it and think it's some sort of fortune telling device since it explains Nobunaga and Mitsuhide. Then proceed to throwing it away possibly?
Old 2011-04-17, 16:06   Link #133
bombyethan1000

live action previews...wow
bombyethan1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-17, 18:25   Link #134
OkamiNoKaze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
Recently watched this.

This anime's version of Oda Nobunaga makes me think a little bit of the love-child of Lina Inverse and Naga the White Serpent, from the old 90s Slayers anime.
At least she doesn't have that Naga laugh. I thought she kinda looked like the Witchblade anime
Old 2011-04-17, 21:38   Link #135
Deconstructor
Crossdressing Menmatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdennis007 View Post
Awesome idea.

Unfortunately, Hideyoshi is not smart. She'll probably hand over the book. ...No. She'll probably drop it in a fire for tinder.

Spoiler for I mean to offend very slightly:
Deconstructor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-17, 22:14   Link #136
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deconstructor View Post
Awesome idea.

Unfortunately, Hideyoshi is not smart. She'll probably hand over the book. ...No. She'll probably drop it in a fire for tinder.

Yeah somehow I think the book isn't going to be much use. The whole alternate dimension thing has just thrown everything into chaos. Really in this situation it's only use is as fuel for a fire.
Old 2011-04-17, 23:14   Link #137
mysterious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deconstructor View Post
Awesome idea.

It is government conspiracy, I tell you! At some point men evolve from monkey and god-know what other animals, and begins to take over Japan from the women. Then they burn all books, arts and anything that remotely show that women is in power in the past. they rewrite everything to their standard and brainwash people for generations and that is the history that you know today.

Ok, I better stop the NHK train of thought before it is too late for my sanity
mysterious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-18, 15:02   Link #138
Midonin
Last Engage

Spoiler for Sengoku Koihime Girls 03 - The Recre-ation that Actually Changes History:
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-18, 17:26   Link #139
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Spoiler for ep 3:
Old 2011-04-18, 17:51   Link #140
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

God, I love that opening. Episode is worth it just for the opening.