AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2017-02-12, 16:40   Link #581
NBG

I feel bad for mcgillis but I think he's going to cross the line and exact his vengeance on everyone.

"AWAKEN MOBILE ARMORS OF THE PAST! YOU'RE JOB IS NOT FINISHED! BURN IT ALL TO THE GROUND" type of thing.
NBG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-12, 17:03   Link #582
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

That's stretching it. You can't rule the world if you've already destroyed it.
Old 2017-02-12, 17:05   Link #583
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

The question you really have to ask yourself is whose blood was Almiria covered with in the PV.
Old 2017-02-12, 17:07   Link #584
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Those craven bitches who were poaching on her Macky, of course!
Old 2017-02-12, 19:23   Link #585
Batknight

So with everyone saying that Bael 'has the soul of Agnika Kaieru' what does this mean exactly? With the way everyone's freaking out about it I assume it's not just in a figurative sense.
Batknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-12, 19:28   Link #586
Skye629

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenesharda View Post
And here's a thought. We've been thinking about what if Mika becomes Barbatos like perhaps Agnika is Bael and Ein is Vidar. Orga being the new pilot of the Mika/Barbatos?
Just an idea.
Orga's a bad candidate if they go this route IMO, he needs to be giving commands on the bridge/his own MS (which he's never even sortied in yet, imo its mainly for if this ship goes down or if he's on land)

Barbatos is best used as an offensive weapon, not a command MS

Personally leaning towards Hush, however that means that Mika is going to have to bite it, and Hush somehow has to get the same AV setup as Macky or Gaelio
Skye629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-12, 22:23   Link #587
kgrodriguez
Three Stars and a Sun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batknight View Post
So with everyone saying that Bael 'has the soul of Agnika Kaieru' what does this mean exactly? With the way everyone's freaking out about it I assume it's not just in a figurative sense.
I'm not sure either, but using the context clues that the show has provided, I can come up with a theory.

Excessive use of the full extent of the AV system leaves an imprint of the thoughts/ideas/"soul" of said user to the system. These can, in turn, possibly take over the body and/or mind of whoever uses it next.

(1) We've seen Mika regain functions that he has lost whenever he is connected to Barbatos. Now I'm no expert on neurology, but they could probably come up with some sort of explanation close to the above.

(2) Gaelio saying that Ein can use his body as he wishes, and then Vidar's fighting style suddenly becomes similar to that of Ein. If Ein's brain is in there just so that Gaelio's brain doesn't fry itself with the information overload that the AV system brings, then the Vidar should still be having the same fighting style. But it changing it's fighting style suggests otherwise. It is not Gaelio using Ein, it is Ein using Gaelio.

(3) McGillis kept on referring to Bael as Agnika, so this leads me to think it has some similarities with Ein and Vidar.

As to why there are some freaking out, my theory is that Agnika is not who we think he is based on what was already presented in the show. Agnika could very well have been corrupted by power and from being the leader, became a crazed mad man hell bent on destruction in the name of reforming the status quo. Notice that it was the old seven stars member that was shown to be freaking out as if he saw the devil. It could very well be because he is one that knows more about Agnika and Bael.

Maybe this is why there is a Seven Stars, so that not only one person (Agnika) will lead the organization.

Maybe this is why Bael is in a water prison, so that if anyone dare activate it, they can flood it or something like that.
kgrodriguez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-12, 23:45   Link #588
Skaddix

Yeah Agnika probably went nuts at the end and those that would be the Seven Stars were forced to put him down.

Now we know why McGillis likes Tekkadan so much. Kindred Spirits. It also lowers the chance of McGillis voluntarily screwing Tekkadan. That does not count go off the rocker thanks to Bael.

Question remains will Kudelia do something.

2 to 1 Odds Only? Rustal needs more troops.

Is it just me or does it look like Iok might actually make it out alive thanks to Rustal putting him under how arrest.

Red Head Scientist cant wait to experiment on Julietta.
Skaddix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-12, 23:57   Link #589
kgrodriguez
Three Stars and a Sun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skaddix View Post
Yeah Agnika probably went nuts at the end and those that would be the Seven Stars were forced to put him down.

Now we know why McGillis likes Tekkadan so much. Kindred Spirits. It also lowers the chance of McGillis voluntarily screwing Tekkadan. That does not count go off the rocker thanks to Bael.

Question remains will Kudelia do something.

2 to 1 Odds Only? Rustal needs more troops.

Is it just me or does it look like Iok might actually make it out alive thanks to Rustal putting him under how arrest.

Red Head Scientist cant wait to experiment on Julietta.
(1) This I agree with. If anything, I think the AV system of Bael does something to McGillis, and that leads to Bael vs Barbatos.

(2) I think Kudelia will indeed do something, though I'm not sure what. I'd like to think that she'd use her connections on Earth to lend a hand to Tekkadan, which eventually leads to a more unified world or something like that.

(3) Nah, Iok will still do something. He's subordinates will probably push him to do so.
Old 2017-02-12, 23:57   Link #590
tdx

I still think that the soul from episode 44 is Agnika's, and the man who obtained it is McGillis. Almiria's in there for the drama, which is to be expected because that particular episode is penned by Okada herself. As a possibility, maybe Almiria will take her own life instead of just being predictable collateral damage.

45-46 look like they'll give us some new levels of desperation (and I thought it was impossible, huh). Vidar vs Barbatos&Bael is poorly balanced, Gaelio won't stand a chance like that, so we probably can expect Julietta (the possibility of her Ein-fication is still not zero, imo) to join the fray, and of course the clash of the fleets is inevitable, too, probably with Tekkadan having to take the brunt of it because Liza Enza's fleet looks like eager newbies without much real fighting experience (and the subs cut corners a little, 40 is the count of Halfbeak class ships alone in Rustal's fleet - implying that there are other ships of other classes as well in his fleet)

With Iok... the most disastrous development may be that Rustal gets killed somehow and Iok is left in charge of the whole goddamn Arianrhod...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenesharda View Post
And here's a thought. We've been thinking about what if Mika becomes Barbatos like perhaps Agnika is Bael and Ein is Vidar. Orga being the new pilot of the Mika/Barbatos?
Just an idea.
We have yet to see Orga pilot at least his custom Shiden...

As to Barbatos with Mika's soul, if it does happen, it will probably be his memento to his son (Atra seems sad so I guess she's close to making up her mind).
tdx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-13, 00:32   Link #591
NBG

i wonder if mcgillis will go kill iznario
NBG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-13, 01:39   Link #592
Skye629

If the theory behind Agnika/Bael is true, its quite possible what I theorized before in the earlier episodes may be true. That the account of Agnika Kaieru that McGillis reads may be romanticized/altered from actual truth. At any rate theres much more to Bael than meets the eye, I wonder if we will get info through the show first, or when the model kits arrive in March

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdx View Post
With Iok... the most disastrous development may be that Rustal gets killed somehow and Iok is left in charge of the whole goddamn Arianrhod...
Ermmmmmmm

Isnt that good? Chances are Iok will singlehanded wreck the whole fleet on his own without McGillis having to raise a finger
Skye629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-13, 01:40   Link #593
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by NBG View Post
i wonder if mcgillis will go kill iznario
As they say, there are.worse things than killing someone. Iznario himself was all about power.
McGillis both took away his power and exiled him so that.he can never have it again, while he, his slave, takes everything and becomes the.master.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Irenesharda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-13, 01:58   Link #594
Faux Mecha
robot looks impractical

makes me wonder what is up with the Bael being sealed in chamber full of water unless it has something to do with Agnika's tastes when he was still alive, like he loves water & swimming or something.
Faux Mecha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-13, 01:58   Link #595
kgrodriguez
Three Stars and a Sun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skye629 View Post
If the theory behind Agnika/Bael is true, its quite possible what I theorized before in the earlier episodes may be true. That the account of Agnika Kaieru that McGillis reads may be romanticized/altered from actual truth.
The more and more we get to know about Bael and Agnika, the more I believe this is true.
Old 2017-02-13, 02:44   Link #596
tdx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skye629 View Post
Ermmmmmmm

Isnt that good? Chances are Iok will singlehanded wreck the whole fleet on his own without McGillis having to raise a finger
Iok proved a lethal disaster to everyone in vicinity, both friend and foe alike... judging by how dirty and mercilessly he fought the Turbines, we'd get a lot of victims, including among Tekkadan, if he was to be left in charge of a massive fleet without Rustal to check in his stupidity.
Old 2017-02-13, 03:14   Link #597
vic-vic

Dirty or merciless... it's just me or Iok's style of fighting very similar to Tekkadan's MO. I think it would be funny to see Orga losing a lot of his friends to thir very owb style of battle
vic-vic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-13, 03:27   Link #598
tdx

Quote:
Originally Posted by vic-vic View Post
Dirty or merciless... it's just me or Iok's style of fighting very similar to Tekkadan's MO. I think it would be funny to see Orga losing a lot of his friends to thir very owb style of battle
When pirate mooks sent a surrender signal, Tekkadan's fighters accepted and didn't kill. Now compare to Iok ignoring all sorts of surrender signals and cease-fire requests and firing forbidden weapon at civilian escape pods.
Old 2017-02-13, 03:45   Link #599
vic-vic

I also remember what Mika had done when Carta and her subordinates stood outside their mobile suits
vic-vic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-13, 03:52   Link #600
tdx

And? They were neither civilians, nor were they surrendering, weren't they. We've discussed it many times how that was Carta's fault and her failure as a commander. And speaking of Orga, his initial reaction was a freak-out.