AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > School Rumble

Notices

View Poll Results: School Rumble - Episode 26 Rating
Perfect 10 11 16.67%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 15 22.73%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 6 9.09%
7 out of 10 : Good 9 13.64%
6 out of 10 : Average 5 7.58%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 3 4.55%
4 out of 10 : Poor 3 4.55%
3 out of 10 : Bad 3 4.55%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 4 6.06%
1 out of 10 : Painful 7 10.61%
Voters: 66. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-02-02, 21:02   Link #61
Gambino009
Phantom

Spoiler:

Oh yeah, one more thing that was pointed out. KJ didn't put himself too deeply in a hole with how he could have ended the series.

He could have end it traditionally with the couple that best Portrait his manga genre. Comedy/Romance

Or he could have end it with a couple with a simple Romance.

Well what ever.. anything would be better than what we got =p

I heard someone say.. he would have been more satisfied with a Giant Meteor destroying the planet, but that's a little extreme
Old 2009-02-10, 17:51   Link #62
anti-random
We want chicken tonight

by reading this thread i find that i agree with the majority of the people who wrote on this thread. but i just want to ask if anybody else feels slightly insulted that the author didn't believe that we couldn't cope with an brilliant ending if if it wasn't the ending we would have preferred? i mean he could of made an ending with closure but instead just left a big load of c#@p ending because he thought if he made a definite ending people might riot because they didnt get want they wanted.

Thanks Sephi
Old 2009-02-11, 23:39   Link #63
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
anti-random, actually it was defined in what people cared the most - Harima. Harima will be forever unlucky, have no successful life and will be a total joke. And since Harima is locked Eri and Yakumo happiness is locked as well as it is connected with Harima.

Tanma was given a clear ending too. Though again no one really cared about main heroine to make a big deal out of it.
Old 2009-02-12, 21:24   Link #64
yakumo-chan

yeah tenma did given a clear ending.... but its supposed to be Tenma's ending cause she is the main character but many people are still dissapointed because harima didnt end up with eri or yakumo
Old 2009-03-05, 17:48   Link #65
Shiryuu
Magical Boy

Was there supposed to be something before the 3rd term ova? I don't remember anything about a walkathon in the 2nd season. Or did they just make it up on the spot and expected people to have read the manga?
Old 2009-03-05, 18:04   Link #66
Ryuou
進む道は武士道のみ

Location: Dying to get back to Japan (but currently near Chicago)
Unfortunately everything up until those bits you saw in the OVA was skipped. They basically just animated the end of the manga.
Old 2009-03-17, 19:25   Link #67
frozenb

the sangakki or third season is the final episode of normal school rumble...

it's so difficult to make a story after that...
i've read the school rumble z n it's not connected from normal school rumble...
Old 2009-03-17, 20:19   Link #68
Ryuou
進む道は武士道のみ

Location: Dying to get back to Japan (but currently near Chicago)
Hopefully, and I'm not sure how possible it is to get it, they can go back and animate all the parts they skipped. I'd like to get the real 1-24 eps of San Gakki.
Old 2009-03-21, 21:06   Link #69
Sephiroth_760
Anime is lifestyle

Send a message via MSN to Sephiroth_760
when I first saw san gakki 25 I was sooo fucking surprised^^

there were so many scenes I have never seen before, I was just like "what? what's that?! why did I pass the volume with the kiss!? and why are they in the middle of a tournament?!"

my explanation at the end: they just made a few scenes of the chapters which weren't shown in the series
I think I'm going to read the manga ... still want to see the scene with the kiss (harima and yakumo!) xD

I think the ending was quite well
I was sooo happy to see harima at the end at the class reunion
Harima is one of my most favourite harem-male-characters

but what surprised me too was karasumarus illness >.>

I don' think it will continue, because the manga is at his ends too
but it was a great anime after all
Old 2009-03-21, 21:15   Link #70
yakumo-chan

we're the same dude!
you should start reading at chapter 167.....
but dont worry there is still school rumble z!
Old 2009-03-21, 22:32   Link #71
Gambino009
Phantom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephiroth_760 View Post
I think I'm going to read the manga ... still want to see the scene with the kiss (harima and yakumo!) xD
Hopefully the manga will clear everything up for you, about the kiss and ant eater lips LMAO
Old 2009-03-22, 03:55   Link #72
Sephiroth_760
Anime is lifestyle

@ yakumo-chan
I already read school rumble z, since it has only 6 chapters published now xD
but thanks
I appreciate your information
but I think I'm going to see through every single page of the manga
maybe they left some chapters in between! xDDD I want to see it all

@gambino009
yeah I hope so too
Old 2009-04-04, 16:58   Link #73
Mei19
LOL'ing at t3h old bags

HAHAHA they ended it with Harima and Tenma looking at each other with sparkle in their eyes, that's the best ending the author could've given those two without making the story cliche. The writer projects himself to Kenji so for Harima and Tenma to get married will be the ultimate Mary Sue. IMO. The downside to this ending is, Karasuma is still alive and Tenma won't stop loving him. But the upside is atleast Tenma cares a lot about Harima. And he still has a chance. If he shaves that is. Go Harima!

Here's really the only thing that weirded me out the most in this OVA. I didn't even notice the change in voice actors.

Spoiler:

This show made me laugh nonstop. He should've extended the manga to 500 chapters. I wouldn't mind reading the same " and in the end Harima gets screwed" scenario over and over. XD
Old 2009-04-06, 12:08   Link #74
Solafighter
Hige

Harima changes so often... So nothing realy special.

Dont forget, that he even changes for some chapters/episodes into the worker and Eri-chan doesnt notice at all.
Old 2009-04-09, 19:07   Link #75
legendarymidget

i sot of fell sorry for kurosima (sorry cant spell it) but i think yaakomo (sorry cant spell it) and harima shouldve gotten together
Old 2009-04-09, 19:30   Link #76
yakumo-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by legendarymidget View Post
i sot of fell sorry for kurosima (sorry cant spell it) but i think yaakomo (sorry cant spell it) and harima shouldve gotten together
whats the reason?
why you cant spell it? ^_^
Old 2009-04-13, 09:59   Link #77
Cinji_Hito
Manga-ka

After Watching the episodes of the School Rumble San Gekki. I wouldn't suggest them to anyone else. The last episode's most memorable moment to me was when Harima came to the re-union looking all beefed up. (He has gotten quite tall) For this to be the only memorable scene, I felt an emptyness coming from the ending. (Wouldn't been nice for Harima to say that he still loved her at that re-union). No reason she can't have both guys. In the end, it was the writers decision to leave it open like that.

On that topic, if someone were to make thier own manga(<.<) of what could have happened during the 3rd Season. Would anyone be interested in seeing it. (Ofcourse It would be free since I can't ...ahem. That person can't profit from something licensed but still feels the need for that perfect ending everyone is waiting for.)

Some of those perfecting endings would include
1: Harima becoming a manga-ka instead of scouring the countryside.
2: A climatic story for Yakumo which they didn't even show the ghost again even though they said they would.(A lot of potential story there.)
3:Hanai actually gets an ending.
4:Eri actually gets an ending.
5:Yakumo actually gets an ending.
6:It won't end in a pie fight...(or will it?)
7:Some more fan service.(Admit it, this series loved showing it.)
So on and so forth.
If any are interesting in m....Someone continuing the series the way fans want it. Please vote in the poll at this topic.

http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=80507

I hope to see what you have to say on the subject.
Old 2009-04-14, 22:46   Link #78
motaku96
もたく

Since I bought the first two seasons from funimation recently, I felt the need to watch everything all over again. This is the second time I watch the series(the first through fan subs). Anyway, I brought myself to watch the dreaded 3rd season again. I think I appreciate some parts a little more watching it a second time but the end still sucks. Anyway, I wanted to make some observations and speculations about something minor at the end. Well, it's nothing big really. It's just about Imadori and Ichijou, my favorite couple besides Eri and Harima.
Spoiler for just my speculations:

Oh and why the heck is the last episode called 26 when there were only 2 episodes in the ova. I don't know why this hasn't bothered me before.
Old 2009-04-15, 09:29   Link #79
Sephiroth_760
Anime is lifestyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by motaku96 View Post
Oh and why the heck is the last episode called 26 when there were only 2 episodes in the ova. I don't know why this hasn't bothered me before.
first thing, school rumble is the visualization of the manga
they left out many things which happened in the manga between nigakki 26 and san gakki 25
why? I don't know
I really would like to see the left out chapters as an anime -.-'
Old 2009-04-15, 10:11   Link #80
zebra
❙❙❙❙❙❙❙❥

Send a message via AIM to zebra Send a message via MSN to zebra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinji_Hito View Post
2: A climatic story for Yakumo which they didn't even show the ghost again even though they said they would.(A lot of potential story there.)
Well, the ghost girl DID come back - in the manga. Yakumo got a closing chapter on that matter. But it's one of the many things that were skipped and thus not animated ^^

Me wants skipped chapters animated!
Even so that won't change the end. I did enjoy all the things before the end though
Closed Thread