AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2012-04-29, 22:00   Link #8361
novalysis

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjtr View Post
I also think akune was stronger then medaka and his talent was awesome since he can just use multiple abilities with his judo , i also think krokami phantom is based on akune . The reason akune didnt show off was because he loved medaka and didnt wanted to overshadow her but now thats not the case i really want to see hm fight seriously once . If medakas ability which chances plot doesnt nvolvd i think akune would win against her even with plot he may still win .
How far have you read anyway? Medaka's ability is The End. Which naturally makes her more powerful than any abnormal or special unable to block her power.
novalysis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-29, 22:56   Link #8362
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by novalysis View Post
How far have you read anyway? Medaka's ability is The End. Which naturally makes her more powerful than any abnormal or special unable to block her power.
Like I've been saying...don't mind him...he posts those things from time to time.
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-29, 22:58   Link #8363
novalysis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
Like I've been saying...don't mind him...he posts those things from time to time.
A troll then? I suspected so

I guess the Do not Feed the Troll principle applies here. Apologies.
Old 2012-04-29, 23:37   Link #8364
anfera103

So Torai is the first generation flask plan, what makes her that, is she a plus or a special?
anfera103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-29, 23:44   Link #8365
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
A troll then? I suspected so

I guess the Do not Feed the Troll principle applies here. Apologies.
No No...he just effortlessly brings forth some of the most wild theories I've seen, many lacking in the...logic department.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anfera103 View Post
So Torai is the first generation flask plan, then is she a plus or a special?
She is currently in Class 10, so she's most likely a special with martial arts experience (like Akune)
Old 2012-04-29, 23:47   Link #8366
Clarste
Human

Quote:
She is currently in Class 10, so she's most likely a special with martial arts experience (like Akune)
If she's taking part in the Flask Plan, wouldn't that make her a Special that's becoming a Plus? Which is the point of the Flask Plan.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-29, 23:56   Link #8367
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarste View Post
If she's taking part in the Flask Plan, wouldn't that make her a Special that's becoming a Plus? Which is the point of the Flask Plan.
Yes, the whole point of the Flask Plan is to find a way to turn a regular person into an abnormal. She says she's from the first generation Flask Plan...she could have been either an abnormal being examined and tested or a special being turned abnormal. That being said, the other members of the flask plan that we've seen were abnormals BUT they were also all part of Class 13. For her to be placed in Class 10, even bellow Akune's Class 11 tells me that she is a special.
Old 2012-04-30, 00:04   Link #8368
Clarste
Human

Quote:
Yes, the whole point of the Flask Plan is to find a way to turn a regular person into an abnormal. She says she's from the first generation Flask Plan...she could have been either an abnormal being examined and tested or a special being turned abnormal. That being said, the other members of the flask plan that we've seen were abnormals BUT they were also all part of Class 13. For her to be placed in Class 10, even bellow Akune's Class 11 tells me that she is a special.
While I hate second-guessing other peoples' translations, based on the raw scan that was posted here I think it's supposed to be that she's the first-generation subject of the new Flask Plan. IE: the one Medaka gave her blessing for in 139. In which case she wouldn't have had time to transfer classes yet.
Old 2012-04-30, 00:05   Link #8369
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
While I hate second-guessing other peoples' translations, based on the raw scan that was posted here I think it's supposed to be that she's the first-generation subject of the new Flask Plan. IE: the one Medaka gave her blessing for in 139. In which case she wouldn't have had time to transfer classes yet.
If that is so then she might be an abnormal, yes.
Old 2012-04-30, 00:17   Link #8370
novalysis

It's possible that the Special Classes are the first Candidates for uplifting to Normals. But that also implies that it's not just any ordinary normal that's allowed into the Academy too.

Hmm, Transhumanism in the world of Medaka Box, with the Academy as a testing ground for the education of Post-humans?
Old 2012-04-30, 00:30   Link #8371
Clarste
Human

Quote:
It's possible that the Special Classes are the first Candidates for uplifting to Normals. But that also implies that it's not just any ordinary normal that's allowed into the Academy too.

Hmm, Transhumanism in the world of Medaka Box, with the Academy as a testing ground for the education of Post-humans?
That is explicitly the point of the academy, yes. However, I think the Normal classes are just normal. Because if the Flask Plan only works on Special people then it's useless for its goal of making everyone into a Plus. You need completely average or below-average people to test it on too.
Old 2012-04-30, 03:29   Link #8372
Sol Falling

I think somebody else made a note of this recently in this thread...the classes in Hakoniwa Academy are established via category. Anshin'in stated during her analysis of Medaka's election results that the Hakoniwa classes are divided in accordance with: classes 1-9 are Normals, classes 10-12 are Specials, class 13 are Abnormals (and of course class -13 are Minuses).

In any case, I agree with Clarste that Torai probably meant that she is part of the first generation of the new/reinstated Flask Plan which Medaka established as her last act as a Student Council President. As part of the function of the Student Council now is to regulate the operation of the Flask Plan, which has been entrusted to Maguro and Kujira, it makes perfect sense that Naze should be part of the Student Council in a high-ranking position like Vice President.

Well, aside from that issue, lol, it's great that the suitors are taking this marriage seriously. Even if Medaka herself is probably at best bisexual, this scenario is making for some promising yuri service. Zenkichi spoke about a specific weakness which could likely be used against the six "Jokers" of Hakoniwa Academy...since overpowering them by any means seems to be pretty close to impossible, I wonder if the suitors didn't managed to make them come along somehow willingly. As I think about it, after all, given that the female suitors didn't immediately make themselves out to be perverts the way the male stand-ins did, is there really any particular reason for Medaka to object to getting to know the suitors a little bit better personally?
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-30, 05:34   Link #8373
novalysis

Quote:
That is explicitly the point of the academy, yes. However, I think the Normal classes are just normal. Because if the Flask Plan only works on Special people then it's useless for its goal of making everyone into a Plus. You need completely average or below-average people to test it on too.
Transhumanism on a humane, voluntary basis. I guess part of the aim is to make it as uncontroversial as Life Drug trials on human volunteers.

It's still strange then, that Torai, a (probably borderline) Special is the first Subject. But then again, the True Flask Plan has been completed, with data from Medaka's fights. Which implies that the Sanitized Flask Plan is the execution phase, supervised on a more humane, "sanitary", voluntary, and fair basis. And probably gradually- Hakinowa's batch might well be considered proof of concept, and a initial projection of what disruptions might happen to global society.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol Falling View Post
I think somebody else made a note of this recently in this thread...the classes in Hakoniwa Academy are established via category. Anshin'in stated during her analysis of Medaka's election results that the Hakoniwa classes are divided in accordance with: classes 1-9 are Normals, classes 10-12 are Specials, class 13 are Abnormals (and of course class -13 are Minuses).

In any case, I agree with Clarste that Torai probably meant that she is part of the first generation of the new/reinstated Flask Plan which Medaka established as her last act as a Student Council President. As part of the function of the Student Council now is to regulate the operation of the Flask Plan, which has been entrusted to Maguro and Kujira, it makes perfect sense that Naze should be part of the Student Council in a high-ranking position like Vice President.

Well, aside from that issue, lol, it's great that the suitors are taking this marriage seriously. Even if Medaka herself is probably at best bisexual, this scenario is making for some promising yuri service. Zenkichi spoke about a specific weakness which could likely be used against the six "Jokers" of Hakoniwa Academy...since overpowering them by any means seems to be pretty close to impossible, I wonder if the suitors didn't managed to make them come along somehow willingly. As I think about it, after all, given that the female suitors didn't immediately make themselves out to be perverts the way the male stand-ins did, is there really any particular reason for Medaka to object to getting to know the suitors a little bit better personally?
If indeed, the new Flask Plan is regulated by the Students Council, I'm sure that the Board of Directors probably will be watching Council elections much closely, and it's possible that from now on, the Thirteen party might do their best to ensure a presence in the Student Council.

I have a strong suspicion that soon, those in the Student Council in Hakinowa Academy will be strongly regarded as potential future leaders in adult Abnormal Society.

Come to think of it, it seems that the Kurokami house has successfully coup the Flask Plan, and increased their influence over such a potentially grand plan which has massive ramifications for their interests. One wonders whether this entails a loss of influence in the Shiranui house. Hmm, Shiranui's dislike of Medaka may well have a political dimension behind it too.

From a pragmatic standpoint, it probably makes a great deal of sense for Medaka to know the suitors a little better, since it's likely that as a Head of the Kurokami House, those "suitors" will be sub-heads or high ranking members of the sub-houses of which she has to pay attention to. Best to cultivate allies among them, or at least make them known quantities, if possible.

It makes me wonder whether these Sub-house representatives know just who Ajimu is. If so, there's likely another dimension to that, beyond just who get's the rights to be elevated into the Main House. Not alienating, and getting on Ajimu's good side, from the perspective of these abnormal Representatives is probably a wise decision on their part. The interesting question everyone wants to know is :what enticed that group of Six to voluntarily go along? And does Zenkichi know more that he's letting on? Somehow, I get the impression that he knows much more than we readers are aware of, at least enough to prepare sufficiently for a task of this magnitude.

One last realization: Class Minus Thirteen may well have been a deliberate attempt to facilitate the Education and Management of such troubled people. Control over their Minuses, and integration into General society, (or at least the Abnormal community , if something like that exists) may well be one of the aims of the Board of Directors.

It makes me wonder just how much influence Misogi Kumugawa has over the larger Abnormal world. Just how much information on Minuses all over Japan and even the world has he collected? What does he intend to do with all of it? What are his long term plans in the future?
Old 2012-04-30, 07:26   Link #8374
Inarius
★★★★★

so Naze is turning tsundere and become moar gay for Zen-kun judging from the first pages and lmao that manager of general affairs is sure speaking her mind....Call me Tora, yep she's gay for him as well.

Seems like devil style has the opposite effect. I wouldn't be surprised if Akune hasn't already turned gay for our dorky president as well

But poor Emukae...friendzone'd 4ever QAQ
Old 2012-04-30, 07:29   Link #8375
FFXFan13
Swag Level: Glasses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inarius View Post
But poor Emukae...friendzone'd 4ever QAQ
Bah, she just needs to try harder. The friendzone is like a prison, once inside, it's difficult, but not impossible, to escape. She just needs a good plan, some luck, and a hell of a lot of back up.
FFXFan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-30, 07:29   Link #8376
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Me thinks...that people are thinking way too much on what goes on in a manga written by a troll :<
Old 2012-04-30, 07:44   Link #8377
Last Carpet

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangejuicetang View Post
I am curious, can you explain?
I said she's the correct answer to the the Nienami family's mistake

All the doubles have names that allude to them not being the real suitors.

Shinkirou means "Mirage"
Kairai can mean "Puppet" or "Doubtful/Suspicious"
Genjitsu means "Phantom/Illusion"
Kariteru means "Temporary"
Gizou means "Forgery"

Namanie is the "real" representative of the Nienami Family, where as Sakugo was her double.

And Sakugo means "Mistake"
Last Carpet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-30, 07:49   Link #8378
Kurosu
KORA!!
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Kurosu
Quote:
Because I wasn't sure what it was implying, we didn't add anything to the translation that wasn't already there. It said first generation of the flask plan, no where did it say "new flask plan". What that means exactly I can't really give you a concrete answer on. It probably is implying the new flask plan. I figure we'll get more info on that later, specifically when it's explained how she joined.

Personally though, I believe it would make more sense if she was the result of the new flask plan. The flask plan has been around for a long time, there's no way she could be part of the first testers for the plan. The only other possibility is for her to be a product of it. But I can't change the translation simply because it would make the most sense. With cases like this, what's there is there.

Last edited by Kurosu; 2012-04-30 at 08:01.
Kurosu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-30, 07:56   Link #8379
FFXFan13
Swag Level: Glasses

Quote:
Me thinks...that people are thinking way too much on what goes on in a manga written by a troll :<
That's the down side that comes with enjoying something though.
FFXFan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-30, 07:58   Link #8380
Xiyon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Carpet View Post
I said she's the correct answer to the the Nienami family's mistake

All the doubles have names that allude to them not being the real suitors.

Shinkirou means "Mirage"
Kairai can mean "Puppet" or "Doubtful/Suspicious"
Genjitsu means "Phantom/Illusion"
Kariteru means "Temporary"
Gizou means "Forgery"

Namanie is the "real" representative of the Nienami Family, where as Sakugo was her double.

And Sakugo means "Mistake"
o.0 Damn Nisio and his wordplay...

I'll have to expand my vocabulary even more @_@

On a completely unrelated note, what's Japan's stance on homosexual marriages?
Xiyon is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, comedy, harem, nishio, romance, shounen, student council