Furude Rika 68 16.00%
Sonozaki Shion 46 10.82%
Voters: 425. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2006-10-05, 11:46   Link #161
MarthX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrim
Keiichi was Mion's Satoshi, I think that's good enough reason for the crazy Shion to kill him.

Quote from the tips thread (Shion refers to her sister as "Shion", you probably know why) :
I think she just wanted a reason to finish the job. Mion was already dead, she already lost Keiichi. There no need to try and kill him.
Old 2006-10-05, 11:52   Link #162
Matrim
Naysayer?Fanboy?Wiseacre?

Reason? She was raving mad, you cannot expect totally rational thinking. Her sister having a crush on Keiichi seemed like more than good enough reason at that point, never mind Mion being already dead. In any case for her Keiichi was more guilty than those kids in the school for Rena, that's what I am trying to say.

Old 2006-10-05, 12:03   Link #163
Keiichi no Hibi
THIS. IS WHO I AM.

Send a message via AIM to Keiichi no Hibi
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarthX
I think she just wanted a reason to finish the job. Mion was already dead, she already lost Keiichi. There no need to try and kill him.
Besides for the fact that an insane person's reasons probably aren't the best "reasons" you want, remember, Shion thought she was being "haunted" by Mion before she actually went to Keiichi, and maybe killing Keiichi seemed like the way to silence "Mion's ghost." Besides for being nuts then, she was also, again this is just what I could tell, really really scared too, which probably killed off most of her remaining rational thinking. Killing Keiichi probably seemed like the only way out of that, and adding in what Matrim said about Keiichi being Mion's Satoshi and Shion hating Mion, it wouldn't be hard to see that Shion would want him dead too.
Old 2006-10-05, 12:37   Link #164
MrZombie

I guess that makes sense. However, understanding her reasons doesn't make me like her character any more. So nyaah!

It would have been nice if Shion had better taste in men.
Old 2006-10-05, 13:04   Link #165
Supergrunch
Tegenaria gigantea

Send a message via MSN to Supergrunch
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrZombie
I guess that makes sense. However, understanding her reasons doesn't make me like her character any more. So nyaah!

It would have been nice if Shion had better taste in men.
She doesn't have much of a choice...

Anyway, what's wrong with Satoshi?
Old 2006-10-05, 19:22   Link #166
MrZombie

Well, for starters he went and abandonded Sakoto, possibly leaving her with the uncle before the uncle too off as well. It isn't clear in the anime just when the uncle took off after Satoshi killed the aunt, but this isn't the only issue I have with him.

Do you know of any other character who has influinced a series so much, simply by being absent? He was major fodder for Keichi's paranoa in the first arc, the cause of Shion's murderous rampages in the second and fifth arcs and the reason Sakoto puts up with her uncle's abuse in the third.

Simply put, I think he's a coward that is thought of way too fondly by the cast.
Old 2006-10-05, 20:49   Link #167
Decagon
This was meaningless
*Scanlator

I'm voting for Satoko... She's just so pure, innocent, and strong-willed--makes you just want to cheer her on, you know? Makes you wish she has a good ending and things like that.
Old 2006-10-05, 21:29   Link #168
Keiichi no Hibi
THIS. IS WHO I AM.

Send a message via AIM to Keiichi no Hibi
Quote:
Well, for starters he went and abandonded Sakoto, possibly leaving her with the uncle before the uncle too off as well. It isn't clear in the anime just when the uncle took off after Satoshi killed the aunt, but this isn't the only issue I have with him.

Do you know of any other character who has influinced a series so much, simply by being absent? He was major fodder for Keichi's paranoa in the first arc, the cause of Shion's murderous rampages in the second and fifth arcs and the reason Sakoto puts up with her uncle's abuse in the third.

Simply put, I think he's a coward that is thought of way too fondly by the cast.
Well, Satoshi did do other things besides being absent and killing the aunt. From what I got from the flashbacks and people's general attitude of him, he was a really nice guy and a pretty good friend, and a great brother. He took a lot of abuse from his family, and added onto that abuse protecting Satoko, and from the looks of it didn't really complain about that (if killing one of the abusers doesn't count as complaining ) and it is my firm belief he didn't disappear of his own will. There was the scapegoat of the drug addict protecting him, he had Satoko and no abusive relatives to live with anymore, and heck, a possible girlfriend waiting for him. WHY, when everything was starting to "look up," would he run away?
Old 2006-10-05, 21:37   Link #169
MrZombie

Why would he be forced to leave though? From the anime I got the impression that the Sonozaki family "found" the scape-goat for him. And why kill the aunt? From the anime and TIPS it seems that the aunt was mostly responsible for the emotional abuse, while the uncel was the one that physically abused them. (Sakoto at least, I don't think they ever really mentioned any physical abuse towards Satoshi)
Old 2006-10-06, 11:30   Link #170
Supergrunch
Tegenaria gigantea

Send a message via MSN to Supergrunch
Quote:

I'd be wary about judging him when we don't yet know why, or indeed if, he ran away.
Old 2006-10-06, 11:47   Link #171
Matrim
Naysayer?Fanboy?Wiseacre?

We don't even know for certain whether Satoshi was the one who killed the aunt, let alone why he disappeared. It's a bit difficult to judge a character with so much unclear facts about him.

Old 2006-10-06, 22:27   Link #172
Garet Linegod

Quote:
Why would he be forced to leave though? From the anime I got the impression that the Sonozaki family "found" the scape-goat for him. And why kill the aunt? From the anime and TIPS it seems that the aunt was mostly responsible for the emotional abuse, while the uncel was the one that physically abused them. (Sakoto at least, I don't think they ever really mentioned any physical abuse towards Satoshi)
It was not shown yet whether the reason for his disappearance was because he ran away after he killed his aunt. Furthermore, suppose the scapegoat was arranged by Sonozaki, how would Satoshi had known about it since it happened after he disappeared?

Why kill the aunt? Because she's the one who was largely responsible for Satoko's abuse a year ago prior to her death. The uncle was only home occasionally, the effect of his abuse on Satoko was alot less than those inflicted by the aunt, who practically does it every night.
Old 2006-10-06, 23:40   Link #173
MrZombie

While that's cretainly true that we don't know if he ran off or was forced out. The main problem about that though is who would want him gone and what they hoped to gain from it.

And yes, I did forget about the fact that the uncle was gone most of the time.
Old 2006-11-04, 03:35   Link #174
Khym Chanur

When ranking the characters to choose my favourite, I had two different criteria in mind: 1) how much their story (including TIPS and Puzzle Pieces) affected me, and 2) how much I liked thier personality/mannerisms/appearence/etc. I used method #1 for voting, and choose Satoko for my favorite, because her story pushed a lot of my buttons. Second after her is Keiichi, because he started out as a shallow asshole and bully, but turned himself around when he realized how far he'd fallen. If I had been using criteria #2, I'd have chosen Rena as my favourite, for her cheerfulness, energetic cuteness and slight eccentricity, and Rika as runner up, for her moe cuteness.

On the issue of why Shion stabbed Keiichi at the end, from the TIPS I get the impression that towards the end her insanity had progressed to the point that she thought she was actually her sister, so that might have something to do with it. (Or maybe I got it wrong, and Shion just started calling herself Mion at the end because she was the one who actually had the tatoo).
Old 2006-11-04, 09:17   Link #175
FatPianoBoy
Dansa med oss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khym Chanur View Post
On the issue of why Shion stabbed Keiichi at the end, from the TIPS I get the impression that towards the end her insanity had progressed to the point that she thought she was actually her sister, so that might have something to do with it. (Or maybe I got it wrong, and Shion just started calling herself Mion at the end because she was the one who actually had the tatoo).
Shion is Mion, and Mion is Shion. The genius the Sonozaki's picked up to do that tattoo accidently drew it on the wrong kid, so they switched the names on the birth certificates
From what I gathered, Shion killed K1 because the guilt of killing her sister had become too much for her.
Old 2006-11-04, 09:43   Link #176
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

[offtopic]
shion wanted to kill Keiichi, because, even while Mion is dead, someone was there for her : keiichi.
she couldn't bear it, she thought it was unfair. so she snapped and wanted to have her revenge complete against her sister, so she stabbed keiichi.

read TIPS #110

Spoiler:

[/offtopic]

well, a bit late but i guess it would be too offtopic without my opinion in this post XD

like khym chanur, i will separate my "favourite" into 2 :
best character development :
1) keiichi (he just demolished the ladder at watanagashi, tatarigoroshi... and i'm sure it would be marvelous at minagoroshi)
2) Shion (seriously, she really need that airhead satoshi-keun ~~)

personnality :
1) Rena (huge contrast between her akii mode, psycho, normal, serious. i really love her kaii mode and her blush mode in onikakushi ^^)
2) Keiichi (frankly, he is almost too perfect XD. his seyuu gives him GREAT justice (this is awesome in the drama cd and higurashi daybreak)
3) Rika (nipa lethal moeness !)
Old 2006-11-29, 11:46   Link #177
Maebara Keiichi
hinamizawa denizen

1.Rena
2.Satoshi
3.Mion
4.Shion
5.Rika
6.Satoko

Last edited by Maebara Keiichi; 2008-09-22 at 10:28.
Old 2006-12-07, 05:12   Link #178
Blablabla
Zetsubo-sensei daaaaaa !!

Rena : I want to be taken home XD

I also liked Shion and Rika.

Couldn't stand Mion, Satoko and Keichi (because of his bu****it Kira Yamato uggly voice)
Old 2006-12-28, 03:11   Link #179
herculysse

I voted for Rena.
I love you, Rena!

Spoiler:

Last edited by herculysse; 2006-12-28 at 03:21.
Old 2006-12-30, 22:22   Link #180
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

It might be a lil' late to ask, though is there way that Mamoru Akasaka could be added to the poll? I know i'd probably be the only one voting for him if so, though i know he deserves it. :3