AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kanon

Notices

Old 2006-12-14, 00:40   Link #1481
kingdom_elladrel
Ayu-ism

Quote:
Originally Posted by New/Old View Post
Hmm... Yes. I've always been miffed at those comments on Yuuichi. Ah well.

I've been enjoying it here very much and appreciate all the excellent comments here. Hope to continue enjoying it here for a much longer time.
Same here. I've been checking out this forum for a while even before I joined and it's certainly far more mature and intelligent than most other anime forums out there where a vast majority of the posts go something like this.

Fanboy A: Uga uga uga, ye ye this anime rocks!
Fanboy B: Ye this anime rocks man!
Fanboy C: Buga uga, why do you think it rocks, man? This sucks!
Fanboy A: Duuuuuuh, I dunno. Uh......cuz it rocks?
Fanboy B: Why do you think it sucks, man?
Fanboy C: Duh......I dunno......cuz uh......it sucks!
kingdom_elladrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-14, 20:53   Link #1482
DanielSong39

Sometimes you can get those reactions from the same person... (raising hand)

Episode 2: Uguu~, what~ is~ going~ on~?
Episode 3: Auuu! Uguu? Auuu!
Episode 6: Nyuu... getting sleepy...
Episode 8: This show is getting better. What were her 3 sizes again?
Episode 10: Maybe I should've gotten wasted before watching this episode?

Predictions:

Episode 11: Mai, will you marry me?
Episode 14: NOOO! why are you leaving me? I'll even cosplay for you, if that's what you want...
Episode 18: "I'm sorry, but I just can't return your feelings..."
"But you can't. She's your sister."
Episode 20: Heartbroken... need more Kero-pi...
Episode 24: Nayuki, does this mean you're available?
DanielSong39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-16, 17:35   Link #1483
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

http://cal.syoboi.jp/tid/910/time

Has Kanon been extended to 26 Ep ?
MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-16, 18:00   Link #1484
New/Old
Old to the New

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakubeX2 View Post
http://cal.syoboi.jp/tid/910/time

Has Kanon been extended to 26 Ep ?
I thought that information was already known... Hmm...I would say extended isn't quite the word I'd use. It's a bit tricky to try and estimate the amount of episodes the material for Kanon requires as it is a visual novel. But it is something to think about....
Old 2006-12-16, 21:03   Link #1485
KenOhki'sRage
Primula hates you

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielSong39 View Post
Sometimes you can get those reactions from the same person... (raising hand)

Episode 2: Uguu~, what~ is~ going~ on~?
Episode 3: Auuu! Uguu? Auuu!
Episode 6: Nyuu... getting sleepy...
Episode 8: This show is getting better. What were her 3 sizes again?
Episode 10: Maybe I should've gotten wasted before watching this episode?

Predictions:

Episode 11: Mai, will you marry me?
Episode 14: NOOO! why are you leaving me? I'll even cosplay for you, if that's what you want...
Episode 18: "I'm sorry, but I just can't return your feelings..."
"But you can't. She's your sister."
Episode 20: Heartbroken... need more Kero-pi...
Episode 24: Nayuki, does this mean you're available?
Ok these made me laugh pretty good.
KenOhki'sRage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-18, 12:58   Link #1486
Meophist

I just found this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZqXJzKGjF0c

Is this dialog from the game? Yuuichi sounds so different. Kinda reminds me of Sol Badguy from the Guilty Gear series.

Edit: Nevermind, it seems like they're using AIR voice clips or something for Yuuichi in this.
Meophist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-18, 15:54   Link #1487
IRJustman
Founder, Sprocket Hole
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meophist View Post
I just found this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZqXJzKGjF0c

Is this dialog from the game? Yuuichi sounds so different. Kinda reminds me of Sol Badguy from the Guilty Gear series.

Edit: Nevermind, it seems like they're using AIR voice clips or something for Yuuichi in this.
I was wondering since I believe Kisaichi Atsushi did Yuuichi's voice for the Kanon games. I don't think Midorikawa Hikaru ever did voices for Kanon, though of course, as stated above, if it's from AIR, that would not surprise me since he was Yukito's voice.

--Ian.
IRJustman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-18, 20:38   Link #1488
houkoholic
seiyuu maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by IRJustman View Post
I was wondering since I believe Kisaichi Atsushi did Yuuichi's voice for the Kanon games. I don't think Midorikawa Hikaru ever did voices for Kanon, though of course, as stated above, if it's from AIR, that would not surprise me since he was Yukito's voice.

--Ian.
Game Yuuichi is not voiced. Though apparently the upcoming PSP version of Kanon will have Yuuichi voiced by Sugita.
houkoholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-18, 20:48   Link #1489
IRJustman
Founder, Sprocket Hole
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by houkoholic View Post
Game Yuuichi is not voiced. Though apparently the upcoming PSP version of Kanon will have Yuuichi voiced by Sugita.
Ah, thanks for the clarification. I wasn't 100% sure, but I do know Kisaichi had voiced Yuuichi for the original ToeiAni issue and some drama CDs.

--Ian.
IRJustman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-25, 23:51   Link #1490
KenOhki'sRage
Primula hates you

Merry Christmas day everyone! It's been snowing all week here in Utah (Not as bad as Denver of course) but it looks very Kanonesque outside so I'm happy. I showed episode 1 as a Christmas present to my mother but she got distracted by someone downstairs and left before the opening song! Sigh . . .
KenOhki'sRage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-27, 10:45   Link #1491
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

The first DVD has a nice extra about how the anime was made. They started with character design and will be going through all the stages as the DVDs come out, it appears.

Director Ishihara Tatsuya seems like a sweet guy, kind of studious, with a great attention to detail. Like the way they did "character design" for the clocks and umbrellas and other bits and pieces that help make the atmosphere of the show. The unassuming little KyoAni building is fairly impressive, too, as are the glimpses of the hands of the artists at work. Next time: the storyboard.

For some reason, the title of the file includes the word "Privilege." The Japanese title is something like "Report on Anime-Making Secrets."
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-28, 08:10   Link #1492
houkoholic
seiyuu maniac

http://www.akibablog.net/archives/2006/12/kanondvd.html

I found this hilarious.
The otakus of Akihabara and shops are celebrating the Kyoani Kanon DVD release as "The first Kanon anime" and bloggers are praising the Kyoani's version as "god send". Yes, people hate the Toei version THAT much and the Kyoani version is THAT good in the eyes of Kanon fans in Japan.
Old 2006-12-28, 08:30   Link #1493
Skane
Anime Snark

Harsh. As incomplete as Toei's version of Kanon was, it was still a relatively good anime series.

Narf.
Old 2006-12-28, 08:50   Link #1494
houkoholic
seiyuu maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skane View Post
Harsh. As incomplete as Toei's version of Kanon was, it was still a relatively good anime series.

Narf.
It's good-ish anime, but not good *Kanon*, that's the difference.

Kind of like the AIR movie, good anime, but not good *AIR*.
Old 2007-01-02, 16:19   Link #1495
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingdom_elladrel View Post
Same here. I've been checking out this forum for a while even before I joined and it's certainly far more mature and intelligent than most other anime forums out there where a vast majority of the posts go something like this.

Fanboy A: Uga uga uga, ye ye this anime rocks!
Fanboy B: Ye this anime rocks man!
Fanboy C: Buga uga, why do you think it rocks, man? This sucks!
Fanboy A: Duuuuuuh, I dunno. Uh......cuz it rocks?
Fanboy B: Why do you think it sucks, man?
Fanboy C: Duh......I dunno......cuz uh......it sucks!
It's sad cause its so bloody true.

Here's my two cents. I think this show has potential to actually do something interesting from the plot summaries I've read. Therefore I have no beef with it, unless it causes people to act like Fanboy's A, B, and C and drive me insane. Then there's a problem. Everybody's so much more reasonable about this popular show than they were about Haruhi though that that's simply not the case.

My only problem is that it seems to follow the formula of one arc one girl that pretty much all other game conversion shows seem to follow. Even though the plot seems interesting I can't help but wish they would mix things up and tell the story naturally instead of having one girl show up at a time do their thing and disappear until the final arc. I don't know if its the case with this show but it sure appears like it after reading the threads and seeing one episode. Oh and Sugita Tomakazu doesn't do the annoying voice from Shuffle! and Haruhi so its a bonus as well. Seems he actually can do something different every now and then like Souchiro Houshi who surprised me in Higurashi. Now if only Aya Hirano could really prove herself by doing something other than playing a singer/bubbly genki girl then I'd have nothing left to complain about on this board.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-02, 16:43   Link #1496
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

My assessment so far is that KyoAni has done a *better* job of interweaving the threads than many of these adaptations do... but it still shows the signs of having come from a "choose path and we won't mention what happens outside of it" mindset. Kanon, the game, actually did a bit better than many in portraying what the *impact* of the choices made are outside the immediate area so the writers here have more to work with. I think its nice that they've tweaked it a bit (e.g. Jun's rescue of Mai at the meeting, Nayuki and Ayu moments, (assume exhaustive list follows) etc) to show these characters actually interact when Yuuichi isn't front and center.

As far as the VA work goes, I'd say Sugito is doing a better job in each series he's in....
From what I've seen of Aya, she *can* do a variety of work - but is in danger of being typecast.
Old 2007-01-02, 16:55   Link #1497
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Oh my god I like this show! Since when do these types of shows have good opening music that actually reflects the mood of the show instead of being trendy. Since when do they have 90's style ending themes with a girl running and 80's/90's pop music (The good kind). Also since when are the characters in these shows actually funny and interesting instead of annoying and predictable. AND SINCE WHEN ARE THE STORYLINES REALISTIC AND BELIEVABLE WITH CHARACTERS ACTING LIKE NORMAL HUMAN BEINGS GIVEN THEIR AGE OF COURSE! WHAT THE HELL'S GOING ON HERE! Gotta find that ending song. I don't know why but I knew this one was different somehow after reading the plot summaries. Turns out I was right.
Old 2007-01-02, 16:59   Link #1498
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Oye.. you've fallen in and can't get out

Part of it has to do with the age of the source material methinks and that KyoAni stuck with it.

One of the many reasons it wins for me because real people are funny, boring, sad, sometimes mean, and all those things. If a character is still one-dimensional its only because they haven't left the camera pointed at them long enough yet
Old 2007-01-02, 17:04   Link #1499
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Oye.. you've fallen in and can't get out

Part of it has to do with the age of the source material methinks and that KyoAni stuck with it.

One of the many reasons it wins for me because real people are funny, boring, sad, sometimes mean, and all those things. If a character is still one-dimensional its only because they haven't left the camera pointed at them long enough yet
Exactly. My biggest gripe against this genre is that characters usually tend to exhibit only one defining character trait and theirs usually only one plotline that barely gets resolved in 13 episodes. The 24 episode count should have been my first hint. I almost always end up hating 13 episode series. One should never underestimate the power of taking the time to tell a story properly. I knew 80's/90's storytelling was coming back. Winter 2006/2007. Yes Indeed it would seem.

Well the game actually was released in the 90's so I don't have absolute proof yet that it's not just a fluke that good in 2007 because of that fact. Still I think after the slow decline in the quality of anime in the period of 2001-2004, the death of the industry for me in 2004 and the finding of a pulse late in 2005 that the industry is actually finally coming out of its coma in 2007.

Last edited by Kaioshin Sama; 2007-01-02 at 19:54.
Old 2007-01-02, 20:08   Link #1500
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin_Sama View Post
AND SINCE WHEN ARE THE STORYLINES REALISTIC AND BELIEVABLE WITH CHARACTERS ACTING LIKE NORMAL HUMAN BEINGS GIVEN THEIR AGE OF COURSE! .
I don't know for sure, but my gut feeling is you haven't seen all the episodes currently out yet (up to the 13th out of 26). In that case, let me assure you that Kanon isn't exactly totally based on realism.

The tagword for Kanon would have to be "miracle". So expect some "miraculous" happenings to appear later on.

Even so, it's nice you like Kanon so far. To be honest, I've seen some of your posts on other threads, and I was kinda concerned about what your reaction to Kanon would be like once you found it. Turns out I was worrying over nothing.
Ascaloth is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bishoujo, drama, key, romance, school life, seinen