AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Eden of the East

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-05-29, 17:08   Link #201
izmosmolnar
At the end of this world

Wow that's awesome! I would have never expected someone is going to translate the japanese wiki! *saves the page to the favorites*
Thank you very much! And I'm really looking forward to the time, when you might update it.

And you are indeed right, I confused the 40 Yen and the 900 Yen entry. I edited my post about it to avoid further discrepancies.
Old 2009-05-30, 08:50   Link #202
ButtercupSaiyan

Everyone seems to be speculating really hard on ways not to involve supernatural powers, aliens, or other forces at work ... but why? Just because it's 2010?

I just want to hear some good reasons.
Old 2009-05-30, 11:09   Link #203
silverya

Quote:
Originally Posted by ButtercupSaiyan View Post
Everyone seems to be speculating really hard on ways not to involve supernatural powers, aliens, or other forces at work ... but why? Just because it's 2010?

1. The director tends to do science fiction that's based on hard science rather than fantasy/supernatural work
2. It's targetted towards the josei audience, who for the most part enjoy non-fantasy stuff
3. Judging from how the past 8 episodes have shown no supernatural forces, it's pretty safe to say there won't be any introduced in the remaining 3 episodes. Because that's just bad writing, and I trust the director enough to avoid such amateurish pitholes :/
Old 2009-05-30, 12:29   Link #204
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by ButtercupSaiyan View Post

You're freaking kidding me right?
Old 2009-05-30, 14:04   Link #205
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Some good reason to not involve aliens and supernatural powers? I reason in a completely reverse way.

I need some good reasons to think they are involved.

Old 2009-05-30, 14:59   Link #206
izmosmolnar
At the end of this world

I could theorize they are done by magic, however I'm completely unfamiliar with any magical and supernatural things I would need, in order to explain the mystery with such a solutions.
Old 2009-05-30, 19:02   Link #207
fish eric
like to talk to fish?

If the show was going to have a supernatural angle than Diana wouldn't have bought an illusion. She would have had a set of wings really sprout from her back. Therefore I think if they were going to introduce a supernatural/magic theme it would have already been done.

Whos phone are they trying to rip the data off? Is that the Cop's phone? Or was it really found at the mall? If it was really found at the mall and it is broken than it wouldn't have had the data wipe performed on it. If its the cop's phone that means only akira's phone got the data wipe.

Why doesn't Akira just call Juiz and say "id like you to send me a text file of my delete history" Im sure she could do it no problem.

Also I was watching the first episode again. I don't know if it has been brought up yet, but Akira takes off his clothes just before he gets his memory wiped. You can see him from the alternate angle. So why would someone take off their clothes and take a hand gun and a special phone to the white house? I think Akira was trying to get arrested. If it was really an attack he wouldn't have brought a 6 shot revolver with him, and he took the phone so that he could cooberate (sp) his story.

Oh! it makes sense now. The second careless Monday happened during the time he and Saki were going to the airport. He probably saw the purchase from #10 to missle tokyo and he was trying to warn the authorities.
Old 2009-05-30, 19:29   Link #208
izmosmolnar
At the end of this world

Rewatch episode 3. Akira takes Kondo's phone out of his left hand (#4's phone in Akira's right hand) to call an ambulance. Kondo says no, they talk a bit, and Kondo throws Akira's own phone at him (#9's phone is now in Akira's left hand). Then they talk a bit more, Akira stands up, but he puts his right hand down on the floor to gain balance, and most of us (at least me) interpreted that gesture like he put #4's phone back to his rightful owner.
However actually he put it away. (You can even see it in the current episode clearly. There is IV sign on the phone there)

As for the scenes in the US, everyone has his/her own theory I believe.

And Akira won't try to reset #4's phone at all (he just used #4's own phone to see maybe Eden of the East know someone who could be able to mess with such a piece of technology). He is going to try and restore the deleted entries on his own phone.
Old 2009-05-30, 22:32   Link #209
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

How do you know that number 10 made such purchase? And how exactly would a naked asian in front of the white house with a revolver should make them think: "damn there's going to be another missile attack in japan!"

@izmo actually I knew that all along, how did you miss it? ^^; What I find strange is that he's showing his own phone to pantsu rather than giving him Kondo's as he planned to do with the Eden club. I really wouldn't risk to have such a thing broken.

Old 2009-05-30, 23:14   Link #210
fish eric
like to talk to fish?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
How do you know that number 10 made such purchase? And how exactly would a naked asian in front of the white house with a revolver should make them think: "damn there's going to be another missile attack in japan!"

@izmo actually I knew that all along, how did you miss it? ^^; What I find strange is that he's showing his own phone to pantsu rather than giving him Kondo's as he planned to do with the Eden club. I really wouldn't risk to have such a thing broken.

I didn't realize he stole #4's phone, but I was thinking well how else would he have got a phone.

Since this is the spoilers section I will say it, but the discription for next weeks show says that they get the deleted history off the phone and #10 ordered the attack on tokyo.

I don't understand the being naked part either. Maybe he did it just to get attention. Maybe he wanted to get on T.V. so that he could shout out a warning to the Japanese people. Takizawa has proven that he will do anything to help another person. He bought a hotel just to try and save a man he never met. He would let himself get arrested or killed if it meant saving hundreds of Japanese people from a terrorist attack. I dunno anyone else got a good theory about why he is nekkid?

But there are too many things coinciding at the begining of the show.

There is whoever is in the car be it mr outsuido, number 1, number 10, whoever. Saki is there, and Akira is there.

Right before the shit goes down Akira strips down and keeps just the revolver and the phone even though he has assault weapons at his apartment. After the brain wipe the guy in the car talking to Juiz says its time to go back to Japan.

During this period is probably the same time that attack on tokyo took place because just a few hours later they saw the footage at the airport.

Saki keeps going on about D.C. being the center of the world and all this takes place right outside the white house's front gate.

Im starting to suspect that Fatty-Chan is a Selacio or he works for Juiz. That whole thing about there being 11 Selacio, why would Fatty-Chan think that? Maybe he doesn't count the supporter as a Selacio? That would leave just 11.
Old 2009-05-31, 06:46   Link #211
izmosmolnar
At the end of this world

@Jan-Poo. The reason he gives his own phone is, that he is already convinced that Pantsu is already familiar with more than enough stuff to be able to decode something useful. However I agree it is a big risk to give him his own phone, he could have deceived him by giving him #4's and later on when Akira sees he is legit and probably will help him, show his own phone.
(I saw no reason why would he take #4's phone while he already has one functional. And I found it odd we haven't seen any sign of it for like ~5 episodes)

@Fish Eric.
Spoiler for ep9 preview:

I don't think Pantsu is a selecao though. He should be more active, and initiative than we were led to believe, in order to have a chance of winning the game. Additionally there would be no reason to be obsessed about the other selecaos if he is one. He could just check the transactions in his own phone if he is curious about them.
Although if he is indeed a selecao, I would probably bet money on him being #12. However the likelihood IMHO is low.
Old 2009-05-31, 10:50   Link #212
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Nah if he was a seleçao he would know a lot more about them and he wouldn't be surprised to know that there are 12 of them. Also he wouldn't need to hack Akira's phone to know the past history since any other seleçao so far seem to be well aware of what was the content.

As for Akira being naked and all. My speculation is that he was brainwashed by number1. Since number 1 uses roundabout methods to kill the seleçao (see number 4) I'm speculating that he made Akira go naked in front of the white house with a gun on his hand, because he wanted him to be shot by the security, the same way he made Kondo's wife do the killing.
According to this perspective, what saved Akira is noone else but Saki, since if it wasn't for her, the security wouldn't be on the other side of the street and he couldn't pull that trick that made the guards follow the truck.

Hints that make me believe Akira was meant to die
- Number 1 says "it's the end". A little vague but it matches
- As soon as Akira contacts Juiz she says: "I thought you "fade out" but you are all right!"

Old 2009-05-31, 13:56   Link #213
izmosmolnar
At the end of this world

Well Jan-poo's theory seems irrefutable for now, and there are signs which kinda supports them.

Anyway. Finally I also have realized Pantsu's true identity!
Spoiler for HEAVY SPOILER!:
Old 2009-05-31, 13:58   Link #214
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

OMG it's him!

Old 2009-05-31, 15:48   Link #215
Starry Dust
Lurkin' in ur threadz.

First Steven Colbert....and now him?

I think the Japanese are up to something lol
Old 2009-05-31, 23:45   Link #216
fish eric
like to talk to fish?

Quote:
Nah if he was a seleçao he would know a lot more about them and he wouldn't be surprised to know that there are 12 of them. Also he wouldn't need to hack Akira's phone to know the past history since any other seleçao so far seem to be well aware of what was the content.

As for Akira being naked and all. My speculation is that he was brainwashed by number1. Since number 1 uses roundabout methods to kill the seleçao (see number 4) I'm speculating that he made Akira go naked in front of the white house with a gun on his hand, because he wanted him to be shot by the security, the same way he made Kondo's wife do the killing.
According to this perspective, what saved Akira is noone else but Saki, since if it wasn't for her, the security wouldn't be on the other side of the street and he couldn't pull that trick that made the guards follow the truck.

Hints that make me believe Akira was meant to die
- Number 1 says "it's the end". A little vague but it matches
- As soon as Akira contacts Juiz she says: "I thought you "fade out" but you are all right!"

hmmm... I like the way you think. That is a solid theory. There is only one hole. If Mr. Outsuido/Supporter was trying to kill Takizawa for failing to save the country or whatever. Once Takizawa made it back to Japan is he automatically off the hook? Why would the supporter not try to kill for a second time? He has had several days and knows where Takizawa lives.

But it would make sense that his whole apartment was nothing but weapons. Once the police searched his house they would find the guns and say "oh yes he is definitely a terrorist".

Still though, surely the supporter would kill him once he was back in Japan. I mean hell he killed Kondo and Takizawa was just a couple kilometers away at the time.

Maybe Takizawa ordered the memory wipe because he knew that the supporter was going to brain wash him.

AHHHHHHHH!!!!!! I just cant figure it out hehehe.
Old 2009-06-01, 01:03   Link #217
voxxa

Quote:
Originally Posted by izmosmolnar View Post
Well Jan-poo's theory seems irrefutable for now, and there are signs which kinda supports them.

Anyway. Finally I also have realized Pantsu's true identity!
Spoiler for HEAVY SPOILER!:

Ha! At the exact moment Pants turns around my bf says ''...Jack Black?!''
Old 2009-06-01, 08:04   Link #218
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
Originally Posted by fish eric View Post
hmmm... I like the way you think. That is a solid theory. There is only one hole. If Mr. Outsuido/Supporter was trying to kill Takizawa for failing to save the country or whatever. Once Takizawa made it back to Japan is he automatically off the hook? Why would the supporter not try to kill for a second time? He has had several days and knows where Takizawa lives.

But it would make sense that his whole apartment was nothing but weapons. Once the police searched his house they would find the guns and say "oh yes he is definitely a terrorist".

Still though, surely the supporter would kill him once he was back in Japan. I mean hell he killed Kondo and Takizawa was just a couple kilometers away at the time.

Maybe Takizawa ordered the memory wipe because he knew that the supporter was going to brain wash him.

AHHHHHHHH!!!!!! I just cant figure it out hehehe.
Yes there are still some obscure points. But I have speculated a few things:

1) Number I is not really the supporter (if the supporter really exists), he's just a seleçao who acts as the suppoter. So while he wanted to kill number IX, it's not like Juiz the outsider or the real supporter do.

2) Number I was displeased by number IX agenda and wanted to stop him. It's been stated several times that the current Akira is acting a lot differently than before. So while number I didn't kill number IX he still managed to stop him somehow. So my guess is that number I is observing number IX and giving him a second chance.
There is also that part when number XI looks at what number IX did with that "unlce" sentence he made the prime minister say and she comments it: "I wonder what number I will do now". Maybe Diana knows that number I tried to stop number IX before?

The biggest hole I see in this theory is that Akira actually wanted to erase his memory. It's clear by the fact that even the NEET knew that and he gave an order to Juiz about what to tell him after that. I can speculate that Akira wanted to erase his memory but somehow number I changed it into a brainwash program. However Akira shouldn't have done that at that time.

You see Akira was definitely planning something. You imagined that all those weapons were put in his apartment by number I but I have to dismiss this idea. That's because there are still the rest of what was an attempt to reproduce the gun in the sleeve of Taxi Driver. That's something only Akira could do.

Also if number I wanted to kill Akira why he erased the history? Again I'll have to come to the conclusion that only Akira could do that, for the reason Hiura said. Akira wanted to bet on a new self, or maybe he wanted to do something terrible and then forget about it.

I think I got it right untill the part that Akira wanted to erase his memory and number I changed the memory wipe into a brainwashing program, but I still can't explain why Akira didn't wait until he accomplished whatever he was planning or how number I managed to make him listen the brainwashing program before what was planned.

Old 2009-06-01, 16:43   Link #219
fish eric
like to talk to fish?

Quote:
, but I still can't explain why Akira didn't wait until he accomplished whatever he was planning or how number I managed to make him listen the brainwashing program before what was planned.
His phone rang so he picked it up and before he could say moshi moshi the wipe was working
Old 2009-06-01, 17:32   Link #220
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

This mean Akira couldn't have already made preparations about his new self. This sorta make sense, but why Juiz was ordered to tell him the location of his apartment? Did number I told her that? But then that means Akira wasn't supposed to die and so I can't explain anymore why Juiz thought he "fade out".

Closed Thread