AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Fan Creations

Notices

Old 2011-10-25, 17:49   Link #61
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

It's not just you, but it's sort of "what you're reading it for" type of thing. Some people see events as the story, some see character development as the story, some see relationships as the story, other see the backgrounds, history and well... "lore" as the story.

Just my take on it.
Old 2011-10-25, 17:55   Link #62
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

And that's a perfectly fair point. The problem is that general readers aren't patient enough to sit around and read several novellas before voting. There's also the post-reading consideration to factor in, since a good reader will want to comprehend the entire message by going through it several times. That's just so much more difficult to do when there's several entries exceeding the current limit.

Just talking from my own personal experiences here.
Old 2011-10-26, 02:29   Link #63
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Uhm... I don't think you can say "people won't read too much" and "people will read it several times" in the same sentence Mario.
Old 2011-10-26, 02:45   Link #64
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by felix View Post
Uhm... I don't think you can say "people won't read too much" and "people will read it several times" in the same sentence Mario.
Uhm... I don't think you can make stuff up, felix. :P

If you read it again, I said the "general" readers won't want to read too much, but "good" readers will want to. I guess I shouldn't have written it that way because it kind of implies that the general public aren't good readers, but I meant that for the people who do, it'd be tougher.
Old 2011-11-19, 19:23   Link #65
Suomi
Kaiba

um...is there any way we could allow italics?
I've always used them to designate charactter thoughts, feelings, inner conflict, vs actual events.
ex:
must get away, must get away
Then everything went black.

Also, my current entry uses it to designate mind-mind communication between characters as well as inner thoughts, though I suppose I could find a way to change it >.>

I don't see how italics would interfere with anything or have a negative effect on the entry(ies), and I think it would help in some cases, including my current entry, with understanding. I don't see how any harm could come from the use of it, unless it is overused--which I don't think it would be in most entries and is not in mine, considering both the shortness and the fact that it is interspersed throughout the entry.

Personally, I think it makes sense. If you think otherwise, I'd be happy to hear your thoughts and reasoning.
Old 2011-11-19, 19:27   Link #66
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illusore View Post
um...is there any way we could allow italics?
I've always used them to designate charactter thoughts, feelings, inner conflict, vs actual events.
ex:
must get away, must get away
Then everything went black.

Also, my current entry uses it to designate mind-mind communication between characters as well as inner thoughts, though I suppose I could find a way to change it >.>

I don't see how italics would interfere with anything or have a negative effect on the entry(ies), and I think it would help in some cases, including my current entry, with understanding. I don't see how any harm could come from the use of it, unless it is overused--which I don't think it would be in most entries and is not in mine, considering both the shortness and the fact that it is interspersed throughout the entry.

Personally, I think it makes sense. If you think otherwise, I'd be happy to hear your thoughts and reasoning.
Quote:
Originally Posted by papermario13689
That being said, I don't see any major problem with adding the use of italics. Since we're keeping it to 1500 words. there can't be too many italics used anyways. We probably shouldn't shuffle the restrictions/word count around, but I do like the idea of mixing it up here and there. We may have special themes with surprises every so often.
I had mentioned this a page back, but with a different proposal arising I forgot to consider it again. I don't see much trouble with allowing it, so I'll change that.
Old 2011-11-19, 19:30   Link #67
Suomi
Kaiba

Quote:
Originally Posted by papermario13689 View Post
I had mentioned this a page back, but with a different proposal arising I forgot to consider it again. I don't see much trouble with allowing it, so I'll change that.
Right. I thought there had been some discussion but checked the first page's rules to double check if it had been changed.

Thanks! Looking forward to reading the entries for this month's contest as well as submitting mine, which has been a joy to write.
Old 2011-11-19, 19:37   Link #68
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

Thanks for bringing it up, I would have forgotten about it otherwise. Good to hear you've got an entry for this month!
Old 2011-11-22, 01:15   Link #69
Revelation
lorem ipsum dolor sit ame
*Artist

I just have a question regarding the deadline for future reference, is it over when the timer ends or when the forum time (GMT) officially reaches the next day?

(I suppose that defeats the purpose of the timer, but I thought it wouldn't hurt to ask.)
Old 2011-11-22, 01:19   Link #70
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

The timer's just so everyone can tune into my timezone, since I'm the one making the new threads and whatnot.

Once that timer expires, a voting thread will be soon created and no more entries can be submitted, that's all.
Old 2011-11-22, 01:24   Link #71
Revelation
lorem ipsum dolor sit ame
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by papermario13689 View Post
The timer's just so everyone can tune into my timezone, since I'm the one making the new threads and whatnot.

Once that timer expires, a voting thread will be soon created and no more entries can be submitted, that's all.
I figured that much, thanks for clearing it up since our timezone is laggy.
Old 2011-12-31, 10:18   Link #72
milan kyuubi
Call me MK! :)
*Graphic Designer

Happy Holidays everyone!

Here is my New Years gift to the EMDAS community, the writers here are simple amazing

Two new banners, hope everyone likes them

papermario13689 If you like them, you can use them

Old 2011-12-31, 19:23   Link #73
Suomi
Kaiba

They're lovely thank you for doing what I never got around to...>_>
Old 2012-01-01, 03:12   Link #74
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by milan kyuubi View Post
Happy Holidays everyone!

Here is my New Years gift to the EMDAS community, the writers here are simple amazing

Two new banners, hope everyone likes them

papermario13689 If you like them, you can use them

Happy New Year! Thanks for these awesome banners; I'll split them up between the discussion and the entry threads!