AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > News & Politics

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-08-20, 06:30   Link #30081
Ridwan

Just to highlight one obvious thing people never notices : Has Military Suppression of Political Islam ever Worked?
Old 2013-08-20, 06:31   Link #30082
Sumeragi
Banned

I'm hoping for the crackdown to be able to make some breathing space to hammer out a deal, but we'll see.
Old 2013-08-20, 06:34   Link #30083
Zakoo

Yes indeed, it depends of the culture, after all the very definition of a rape and the "level" of the crime varies from one country to another.

And from an american POV, certainly, the state must not enter in liberty of its citizen.

Let alone an european POV, I'm not even talking about it, learning we were being spied on, whether it's polically or economically made me quite mad.
Old 2013-08-20, 06:35   Link #30084
Sumeragi
Banned

And sadly, corrupted "culture" is not real culture, but something that needs to be corrected. US/Europe have turned their backs on their liberalism.

But then, at this point I'm not going to be persuading anyone, so perhaps my posts are futile.
Old 2013-08-20, 06:39   Link #30085
Zakoo

I don't see in any ways of our culture is corrupted, you will have to elaborate a bit cause I'm lost.
And especially if ours is corrupted, which one isn't?

Above all, I would like to remind that while the definition of liberalism is straight, the way it's applied greatly change between US and Europe, KKK would never be allowed in any country of european union for example, freedom of speech has a limit here, same for the economical doctrine ... well, you simply can't put those two continents in the same bag.
Old 2013-08-20, 06:43   Link #30086
Sumeragi
Banned

You could start with reading the Constitution of the United States and see how all the uproar is based on perverted interpretations of the Bill of Rights.
Old 2013-08-20, 06:46   Link #30087
Ridwan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
I'm hoping for the crackdown to be able to make some breathing space to hammer out a deal, but we'll see.
Egypt ? I'm frankly skeptical either side will come to sense any soon. Both have demonstrated their impressive short sightedness and political ineptitude and they will continue what they're doing. It's just that, Islamic identity simply never dies. When it's beaten down, it just gets stupider and angrier, more so the longer it's repressed, but never perish, and it will bite back eventually.
Old 2013-08-20, 06:48   Link #30088
Sumeragi
Banned

Well, at least the moderates who have been speaking have some okay ideas..... but we'll see.
Old 2013-08-20, 07:03   Link #30089
Ridwan

I hate to say this, but the recent military coup might have killed any influence the moderates had on the course of things.
Old 2013-08-20, 07:06   Link #30090
Sumeragi
Banned

The "President" killed it quite before that.
Old 2013-08-20, 07:09   Link #30091
Ridwan

It might had been the case. He was a fucking retard.
Old 2013-08-20, 07:09   Link #30092
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Disney child star Lee Thompson Young found dead at 29

I'm sad to hear this since i was a fan of his show, The Famous Jett Jackson.

My Condolences to his family and friends.
Old 2013-08-20, 07:31   Link #30093
demonix

Send a message via Yahoo to demonix
Fake bomb detector conman jailed

Personally, I think that seven years is rather lenient considering the amount of people who have been killed by the bombs that piece of metal and plastic was supposed to detect.
Old 2013-08-20, 08:56   Link #30094
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

Yeah. You'd think throwing him in the midst of a minefield, equipped with only one of his own creations, would be a more apt sentence.
Old 2013-08-20, 09:07   Link #30095
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonix View Post
Fake bomb detector conman jailed

Personally, I think that seven years is rather lenient considering the amount of people who have been killed by the bombs that piece of metal and plastic was supposed to detect.
It is still being used in Iraq.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2013-08-20, 09:57   Link #30096
kyp275
Meh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascaloth View Post
Yeah. You'd think throwing him in the midst of a minefield, equipped with only one of his own creations, would be a more apt sentence.
I wonder if they will at least seize the money he made with these, so when he gets out he'll have nothing - as it should be.

Meanwhile....

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-201_162-...ns-police-say/

Another fine example of human trash that deserves nothing less than what they did to their victim.

Now that I think about it, you want to kill random people because you were bored? Fine, now you need to pick up one of them "mine detector" and go look for IED in Afghan, and you ain't leaving until you "find" one.
Old 2013-08-20, 11:01   Link #30097
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyp275 View Post
Now that I think about it, you want to kill random people because you were bored? Fine, now you need to pick up one of them "mine detector" and go look for IED in Afghan, and you ain't leaving until you "find" one.
Let the PMCs hire them. Someone I know working for one told me that for some reason, these guys don't last long.

And he added a "fortunately" behind the statement.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2013-08-20, 11:31   Link #30098
kyp275
Meh

And of course, the obligatory parents going "My boys aren't like that, he 's a good kid!!!"

Yea, real good kids who brags about the killing online, then proceed to try to kill someone else, only to be caught before hand with a cache of weapons and ammo.

Yup, they totally didn't do it

Sometimes I wish there's a law that holds fail-parents responsible for the acts of their ****** offsprings.
Old 2013-08-20, 11:43   Link #30099
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:

Sometimes I wish there's a law that holds fail-parents responsible for the acts of their ****** offsprings.
for those "kids" under 18, there is a civil court option of holding the parent responsible.
Old 2013-08-20, 12:00   Link #30100
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
And of course, the obligatory parents going "My boys aren't like that, he 's a good kid!!!"

Yea, real good kids who brags about the killing online, then proceed to try to kill someone else, only to be caught before hand with a cache of weapons and ammo.

Yup, they totally didn't do it

I like to think that society takes care of that aspect. If that fails, the natural law of Darwinism will settle it.

The problem is that both take quite some time to kick in. No wonder they say "Patience is a virtue".

Closed Thread

Tags
current affairs, discussion, international