AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > K-On!

Notices

Old 2010-08-25, 23:43   Link #1281
Kudryavka

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptnAwesomee View Post
YES THE QUALITY is 10TIMES better! and its in full screen, unlike the Tv Size version, which it cuts parts off the show. The Normal Version or Aired version has stuff cut out of the screen, so you can't fully see everything

(This was taken from my laptop which has BluRay)

BluRay
Why did KyoAni bother animating more material than the broadcast would allow? Not a very smart move animation wise, even for anime.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
It was destined to HAPPEN!!!!

K-on Figma Summer version.

Gotta love capitalism.
T'is why the first were called Winter Uniform Ver., I knew it!!! I think I'll pick up summer Yui too, if she comes with cool new faces.
Kudryavka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-25, 23:43   Link #1282
bloppyblue
SLEEP IS FOR THE WEAK!!!

I remember seeing those bikes in the first opening and just... Thought about it... Cause I just didn't understand xD
bloppyblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-25, 23:48   Link #1283
Afternoon Tea
*Artist

Quote:
Mio is with Tsumugi.

Ohhh white short shorts

I live those ! , but unfortunately i have been spending too much money on stuff (music stuff, electronics,cloths,shoes) that i dont think ill be be able to buy one maybe next year. IF ANYTHING if i were to GET ANYKIND of Figurine that is worthly of my buy it would be K-on! one and nothing else! mind if i ask were the Ritsu and Yui are?
Afternoon Tea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-25, 23:50   Link #1284
Tsumugi~
"This guy are sick."

^Mugi looks nice,well better than the other action figures I've seen so far at least :3
Old 2010-08-25, 23:56   Link #1285
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Yeah like Azusa having a bigger bust size than Yui...

Oh well, the body of Ui can be a replacement if I get her.
Old 2010-08-26, 00:17   Link #1286
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Komari View Post
Why did KyoAni bother animating more material than the broadcast would allow? Not a very smart move animation wise, even for anime.
The whole point of the broadcast anime is a long infomercial to get you to want the products. They're teasers or previews.

The real money for them is in the DVDs, Blu-ray, figures, manga, merchandise, etc. DVDs almost *always* have more content than the aired shows, sometimes even entire episodes.
Old 2010-08-26, 00:39   Link #1287
Kudryavka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
The whole point of the broadcast anime is a long infomercial to get you to want the products. They're teasers or previews.

The real money for them is in the DVDs, Blu-ray, figures, manga, merchandise, etc. DVDs almost *always* have more content than the aired shows, sometimes even entire episodes.
Hm, I didn't know that things were that different in Japan. Here cartoons get money from advertising, only the popular ones get DVDs at all.
Old 2010-08-26, 06:05   Link #1288
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Bad news everyone.....

The K-on figm Summer uniforms are custom. Before everyone goes Awwww....Or Ohhhh......
Masaki Asai is the sculptor that made them, pretty much sooner or later we can hope for Maxfactory's figma line would really bring them, also who would pass up an OFFICIAL hair down Ritsu accessory?
Old 2010-08-26, 07:53   Link #1289
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Komari View Post
Hm, I didn't know that things were that different in Japan. Here cartoons get money from advertising, only the popular ones get DVDs at all.
Most anime airs after 11pm in Japan and the animation company PAYS the television network to air their program - so in that sense it is EXACTLY like an infomercial.
Old 2010-08-26, 14:21   Link #1290
Kudryavka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Most anime airs after 11pm in Japan and the animation company PAYS the television network to air their program - so in that sense it is EXACTLY like an infomercial.
Wow, that's... I dunno, I don't like the way that works (not that I have any say). I'd rather get paid directly for airings; late night anime really are commercials.
Old 2010-08-26, 16:53   Link #1291
alucard13mm

i suggested to Good Smile Company and my friend who is somewhat influential in the figure world, that they should come out with figmas for the Death Devil band. i know that they would not do it because they'd have to sculpt from scratch. so i also suggested they use the existing bodies of current k-on figmas. we know that Death Devil was from the same school as hokago tea time, and there were flash backs to their highschool days.. so why not stick just sculpt the heads of Death Devil band members and stick them on the school uniform? so far... not much response T_T

would anyone buy the figmas of death devil band members? XD
Old 2010-08-26, 17:02   Link #1292
alucard13mm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mckendrick View Post
Mmmmm....idk if it'll be worth it for the inevitable 8000yen price. :/

I'll have to see side shots, and if they do Azunyan.
i somewhat think that they wont do an azunyan because these current costumes are from season 1 ending. you'd have to wait for when/if they make figures for season 2 ending. as far as i know, theres no news of season 2 ending figures, but if theres money to be made... @_@
Old 2010-08-26, 17:24   Link #1293
Qikz

Not long now until the games out. <3, well it's still over a month away, but it's closer!

I can't wait to see what the full tracklist is. I really hope they put No Thankyou and Go Go Maniac in there.
Qikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-26, 17:44   Link #1294
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

I'd love to have a young Sawako on Death Devil look and make those summer uniforms a reality!
Old 2010-08-26, 18:50   Link #1295
Mckendrick
Jr Otaku

Quote:
I'd love to have a young Sawako on Death Devil look and make those summer uniforms a reality!
If they make a non-figma Death Devil Sawako, it's mine in a heartbeat.

Who am i kidding, i'd get the figma too.

I was on of the few and lucky to make the pilgrimage to San Fransisco for the Disappearance movie. Hit me up if you wish talk about it.
Mckendrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-26, 19:13   Link #1296
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mckendrick View Post
If they make a non-figma Death Devil Sawako, it's mine in a heartbeat.

Who am i kidding, i'd get the figma too.
They already did.

On the left is the extreme look and on the right is DD look.
Old 2010-08-26, 19:34   Link #1297
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
They already did.

On the left is the extreme look and on the right is DD look.
You know, you can recreate a scene if you put the yukata figurines together with Mio and Ritsu facing each other, then the other girls in yukata surrounding them.

It would go like this :

Ritsu : So are you feeling hot Mio? Need me take the yukata off you?
Mio : No! Ritsu! I am fine!
Yui : It's okay Mio! You can take it off if you are hot!
Azunyan : That is so wrong!
Mugi : I think I have seen something lovely today!

Their facial expressions fit so perfectly!

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-26, 19:37   Link #1298
alucard13mm

yeh but those are prize figures from lotto.. rather unfortunate
Old 2010-08-26, 20:19   Link #1299
Ceiyne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceiyne View Post
Hi there... total first-post noob here.

I discovered K-On! recently and found this thread when looking for information about the series. I read through the whole thing checking out all the stuff that's available.

I've never played a card game before, but the Precious Memories cards looked like they might be something I'd like to collect just to have them. I was wondering if anyone had any opinions on that? Are they worth having if you don't have anyone to play with? I am looking at things like the art and what's written on the cards.

I am guessing that without anyone to trade with I won't be able to get a full set (unless I want to spend a ton on random packs hoping to get the rare cards I'm missing lol).
So... no one has any info on the cards?
Ceiyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-26, 21:58   Link #1300
Kudryavka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceiyne View Post
So... no one has any info on the cards?
There's a thread on obscure Japanese moe trading card games in the Games section of this site.