Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-11-22, 03:22   Link #1101
stormwaltzing
Little Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by encia View Post
It depends on the applied material/applied science capabilities of Anatoray and co.

With our current level of science, we can't even construct our own biological machine i.e. treat all living organisms as advance machines.
Keep in mind that there was the Guild on Prester, too. And yes Delphine was killed and the guild TOPPLED!! But remember the Trial of Agoon so technically if the Guild was still in any sort of functioning mode (which it very well could be), that it's technically Dio calling the shots since he was the successor. So Anatoray might have that extra Guild tech to keep it standing since Dio's obviously in with helping them out.

(I may or may not have a secret dream of hearing MAESTRO DIO ok don't judge me)
Old 2011-11-22, 04:31   Link #1102
Friday
Im shy too...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
I love Giselle her attention to detail and the ability to retain information is an asset. She instantly looked up when she heard Tatiania say Anatoray. There is no way she is going to forget that name she looked very curious. Its only a matter of time before she asked about the name.
in the preview Giselle is seen in a library probaly looking for info
Friday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-22, 06:59   Link #1103
encia

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormwaltzing View Post
Keep in mind that there was the Guild on Prester, too. And yes Delphine was killed and the guild TOPPLED!! But remember the Trial of Agoon so technically if the Guild was still in any sort of functioning mode (which it very well could be), that it's technically Dio calling the shots since he was the successor. So Anatoray might have that extra Guild tech to keep it standing since Dio's obviously in with helping them out.

(I may or may not have a secret dream of hearing MAESTRO DIO ok don't judge me)
Atm, Anatoray's best ship is the Silvius. Silvana can go 1:1 against Guild Battleship.
encia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-22, 07:36   Link #1104
azarhal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevie_Nix View Post
Hah! Love that idea. By the way, I wonder how much of the Silvius Millia has taken over by now?
I think they only have that table in the mess (the one surrendered by yellow tape).

Tatiana is know for being quite territorial, anybody trying to undercut her in her ship is going to receive a lot of staring. Staring that make Dio shut-up I must add.
azarhal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-22, 08:41   Link #1105
MeggieMay

I wrote this up last night but didn't get around to posting it at the time

Spoilers for length
Spoiler:

A couple of thoughts about what's been posted. First, I think the historical background of what is going on here goes behind the Nazi's. They weren't the first group to have large purges and they weren't the last. I think they are coming to mind because of the style setting on this show but I'm seeing more historical incidents being used here than just Germany in the 1930s. I'm not saying it isn't a (big) influence - Augusta Farahnaz's death does ring of the incident that started WWI but I'm wondering if the show is going for a broader story point here.

Shipping Dio/Lucciola For the last series, I could see that but Lucciola is gone and Dio needs to keep living. He's never going to forget Lucciola (you don't do that with the people you love who die) but to live means to work through it and live on. Just my opinion.

Baroness Roshanak - I believe we're going to see her a lot in the future. I think she knew full well who Millia is but more importantly she seem to know a lot about what was going on period. She's some sort of behind the scenes person, probably a information broker of some sort. At this point she seems to be in it for herself and I can't tell where she fits into it in the grand scheme of things. As for her "girls" being traps, possible but she mentioned they were former nobility who had bought positions by being loyal to Ades and that also works as a plot point as well (they could be male's with the same back story but that's more for fanfic IMO ).

Anyway, things don't look good in next weeks previews. Not for certain but it looks like Ades may have caught up with the Sky Pirates .
MeggieMay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-22, 12:43   Link #1106
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

About the Anatoray-Disith stuff, didn't the two countries merge towards the end of the last series right before they pooled their resources to defeat the Guild? I thought that was part of the treaty, making Sophia queen over all of them, although I could have misinterpreted that.

And it also occurs to me just how much of a spoiler mine field this is for the first season, wohoops, do we have any people here you haven't seen the first season by any chance?
wandering-dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-22, 12:52   Link #1107
pewpewpew

I thought it was interesting that only some of the Ades commanders (Luscinia, Kayvān, Ōrang, and Sorūsh) were shown to be directly involved (i.e. getting their hands dirty) in the purge, while Sadri and Vasant weren't. Sadri was presumably still with the 1st Fleet (which Tatiana instructs Dio to avoid, as they're still on the prowl), so for him it was presumably a matter of distance, even if he knew/approved of the purges. Vasant, on the other hand, was the subject of attention in this episode, has been established as a non-Ades native, and has been shown questioning Luscinia in the past (e.g. when she asks how he was able to command an Exile). Any dissatisfaction within Ades is sure to be centred on her.

I wonder if next episode is Sadri's time in the spotlight? As I mentioned above, we know his fleet is already searching for the Silvius. I hope he lives up to his appearance as a wily, professional old dude.
pewpewpew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-22, 13:27   Link #1108
Soconfused
Old God Member

Send a message via AIM to Soconfused
Mmm, I hope that Roshanaku chick show's up more. Dat body....a nice contrast to all the loli's running around.
Old 2011-11-22, 17:07   Link #1109
Stevie_Nix
Longtime Lurker

Quote:
I'm not a big shipper period but there was something so heartwrenchy about how it ended for them (the flashbacks didn't help :P) which just. Blew up even more in Fam with the reference all this time later. But then again, as I've mentioned before I wasn't a big fan of how they handled any of Claus' relationships (save for Lavie) in terms of characterization, so Dio and Lucciola just seemed a lot more there and not out of the blue (hi Sophia making out with Claus). But then meanwhile I am shipping everything in Fam because of dis character development...
Yes, that its. Compared to the rest of the relationships, Dio and Lucciola was probably the most developed.

On the other hand, Fam really does seem to actively working on the relationships this time.

Quote:
Could be! I just kept staring like I CAN'T TELL!!! She did say cute boys, but ... my brain...
When the scene started I was thinking to myself, "Wow, the Barioness likes girls in dressed as butlers."

Quote:
Yeah, he did. Which is like. SIDE-EYE. Up until that part I was more for the idea of his past just messing with him and him not being that much of a douche. But after this ... it was really extreme what he did. So it's like eeeeeeven if they try to go for that view of him after this it'll be a little tougher to sympathize. Unless of course there's a twist within the twist.
I'm not sure if you were ever suposed to sympathize with him in the first place. That said my theory he is being driven by this extreme need to atone for the death of the last Empress, all this rather fits nicely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
Love the talk Giselle had with my waifu Alister in her sexy new voice lol. Its very easy to see how Alister could offer such advice given she was in the same position not long ago. I think Sophia and Fam are more alike than they think similarly to how Alex Row and Claus were similar but it took time for both of them to see it. I love Giselle her attention to detail and the ability to retain information is an asset. She instantly looked up when she heard Tatiania say Anatoray. There is no way she is going to forget that name she looked very curious. Its only a matter of time before she asked about the name.
I think that was my favorite scene of the last episode. Heh, I got to say they are setting it up nicely to finally lead the action to Anatoray.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pewpewpew View Post
I thought it was interesting that only some of the Ades commanders (Luscinia, Kayvān, Ōrang, and Sorūsh) were shown to be directly involved (i.e. getting their hands dirty) in the purge, while Sadri and Vasant weren't. Sadri was presumably still with the 1st Fleet (which Tatiana instructs Dio to avoid, as they're still on the prowl), so for him it was presumably a matter of distance, even if he knew/approved of the purges. Vasant, on the other hand, was the subject of attention in this episode, has been established as a non-Ades native, and has been shown questioning Luscinia in the past (e.g. when she asks how he was able to command an Exile). Any dissatisfaction within Ades is sure to be centred on her.

I wonder if next episode is Sadri's time in the spotlight? As I mentioned above, we know his fleet is already searching for the Silvius. I hope he lives up to his appearance as a wily, professional old dude.
I found it interesting that the one general who is not an Ades native, and seems to have the most doublts about Luscinia and the conduct of the war is also the one with the most access to the Empress. Luscinia is frequently away, but seems like Vasant spends most of her time with Sara.

I like that idea, start giving the generals some more background. I think how next episode plays out is Sadri manages to catch up with the fleet heading towards Anatoray.
Stevie_Nix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-23, 00:56   Link #1110
djmaca
My Girl ↓

Quote:
Originally Posted by azarhal View Post
I think they only have that table in the mess (the one surrendered by yellow tape).

Tatiana is know for being quite territorial, anybody trying to undercut her in her ship is going to receive a lot of staring. Staring that make Dio shut-up I must add.
Hah! But surprise, surprise: she didn't. Or that's maybe due to the fact that her "territory" didn't grew any bigger than it was when they started stealing ships.
djmaca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-23, 01:18   Link #1111
DangerMouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKage View Post
Ah, I thought her rank was lower. My mistake.

So perhaps the last scene on Earth in the original takes place after some of the events in Sunadokei no Tabibito. It's also possible they just relocated to some place where wheat was actually growing. There seemed to be a large wood growing right next to the house in the manga if I remember correctly but it's not there in the end scene of Last Exile
Yeah. She was also high-ranking enough that she was the one Sophia would have handpicked for the next promotion to Silvana's first officer if she had accepted, though it didn't turn out to be necessary anyway after everything went down in Anatoray right after.

Spoiler:

Yeah.

I totally agree now Giselle's going to be quite curious about Anatoray. I like those observations about Giselle, Alister, Sophia, Fam, Alex and Claus.

I don't think the Silvius is physically made from parts from either the Silvana or Urbanus, and the Silvius feels pretty new with the new look and features, but I do think it's made from the plans of both ships as we've previously theorized. Personally I'd be quite surprised if Sophia hasn't kept the Silvana as her lead ship wherever Anatoray is here and continued to keep her upgraded since only two years ago the ship was definitely ready-to-go when you see her at Alex's grave. So far the old Silvana is still the best ship we know of that Anatoray's got under the brand new Silvius (unless it was needed for parts) so I'd be surprised if it's not in service especially given the state of the Earth. But it's similarities to the Silvana ofcourse and the Urbanus and a bit of Disith certainly feels accurate.

Quote:

I'm not sure if you were ever suposed to sympathize with him in the first place. That said my theory he is being driven by this extreme need to atone for the death of the last Empress, all this rather fits nicely.

I found it interesting that the one general who is not an Ades native, and seems to have the most doublts about Luscinia and the conduct of the war is also the one with the most access to the Empress. Luscinia is frequently away, but seems like Vasant spends most of her time with Sara.

I like that idea, start giving the generals some more background. I think how next episode plays out is Sadri manages to catch up with the fleet heading towards Anatoray.
Agreed, his drive for this really does feel like it stems from whatever disaster occurred back then.

Yeah Vasant is quite interesting. Having so many generals really opens the possibilities if they keep developing them, I can't wait to see how Ades plays out. And I agree pewpewpew, hopefully Sadri delivers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeggieMay View Post
Baroness Roshanak - I believe we're going to see her a lot in the future. I think she knew full well who Millia is but more importantly she seem to know a lot about what was going on period. She's some sort of behind the scenes person, probably a information broker of some sort. At this point she seems to be in it for herself and I can't tell where she fits into it in the grand scheme of things. .
Yeah I got the same impression. She feels like the kind of connected character that will have a key role.

Quote:
It almost seems to be like Ades in a way IS the Guild and those guys were just the same as the grunts we saw in the first series. Of course after 600 years they're not "the Guild" anymore, but they seem to have the same sort of organization. The creepy-looking killers obeying the orders of the (prettier because they're a main character) higher-up (which was Delphine in the first series).
I dunno, if they are they are they're certainly keeping their tech highly isolated for being part of the country as little true Guild tech seems to be part of Ades' forces, since Alauda's the only one who's brought out anything resembling the next level of Guild tech in his ship, however with this I could certainly see Luscinia and Alauda having real knowing connections to the Guild on Earth and not just through bloodline like Liliana which makes Ades "sort of" part of the Guild. I think Ades' relationship to the Guild is one of the key mysteries for me.

Quote:
Interesting we got some background on Vasant. I get the feeling she is more loyal to Sara personally then Ades. Its going to get interesting when it might come down to choosing between doing what is the best for Sara and what is the best to carry out the former Augusta's ambitions. At least how Luscinia interprets them. Hell its going to be interesting to see what path each of the generals take.

So the race was part of Fam's plan to get more ships, but this time it was a wager than cover for a heist. Loved how Fam and Gisey managed to win it in the end.

I do not think there has been any misunderstanding. Luscinia has said before the mass destruction of the returnees has been the goal all along. The other generals have go along with it so far because he is ordering it.
Yeah, the way she's acted with Sara in all of her appearances so far I definitely feel like that too, she feels like she has a really strong attachment to her.

Yeah it was great.

Agreed, it hasn't been much of a secret. They're doing a great job making me really interested in how exactly everything went down back when Farahnaz died.

Quote:
Originally Posted by azarhal View Post
I think you mean Tatiana and not Sophia. Although, they have a huge difference when it come to express their emotions. Fam goes for the "hyperactive" style to hide how she feel, while Tatiana stay in ice mode. They both want to fly in a free sky though.
Oh yeah, that's a nice parallel.

Last edited by DangerMouse; 2011-11-23 at 12:13.
DangerMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-23, 20:32   Link #1112
pewpewpew

Funny thing I hadn't noticed before now, because it hasn't been emphasised in the show itself: Both Vasant and Sadri seem to have pointy ears, whereas the other three commanders don't. You can see this if you look at the character concepts on the Animax homepage. Am I seeing things?
Old 2011-11-23, 21:10   Link #1113
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Quote:
Originally Posted by pewpewpew View Post
Am I seeing things?
You're not the only one. I noticed Vasant's pointy ears back in episode 3, but since Sara ALSO had them, I just brushed it off as it being something connected to Ades and its connection with the Guild. Given what was known at the time, it was very easy to assume that the Turan princesses weren't an isolated case, and that there were likely other native-Guild mixed bloods running around.

Of course, this was before we learned that Vasant isn't from Ades at all, but from an annexed country. Hmm...

Last edited by Myssa Rei; 2011-11-23 at 22:26.
Myssa Rei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-23, 21:14   Link #1114
miketyson

stormwaltzing: wow, something you said just made something make a whole lot more sense to me. I guess I remembered that Dio would be the Prester Guild's new Meastro after the end of LE, but I hadn't figured that out.

That makes everything we've seen make a lot more sense -- he's more at the level of someone like Sophia than someone like Tatiana (let alone Fam and Giselle). That explains what why he's free to goof around like he has been, and why there was that one deckhand saluting furiously when he walked past in ep 5.
miketyson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-23, 21:45   Link #1115
encia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
You're not the only one. I noticed Vasant's pointy ears back in episode 3, but since Sara ALSO had them, I just brushed it off as it being something connected to Ades and its connection with the Guild. Given what was known at the time, it was very easy to assume that the Turan princesses were an isolated case, and that there were likely other native-Guild mixed bloods running around.

Of course, this was before we learned that Vasant isn't from Ades at all, but from an annexed country. Hmm...
Vasant's head gear looks to be Guild in origin.
Old 2011-11-24, 01:48   Link #1116
encia

Quote:

Any hints for this scenario?
Old 2011-11-24, 05:23   Link #1117
pewpewpew

Quote:
Originally Posted by encia View Post
Any hints for this scenario?
I hadn't really thought about it, but the captured ships (on their way back to "Anatoray") are separated from the Silvius (we saw Tatiana saying goodbye to Dio in the scene with Giselle and Alister), so they don't have the advantage of its firepower.

Additionally, they can't have much in the way of crew. I mean, we could infer that they've been shuttling technical staff to the captured ships from Anatoray, but even then these people would be unused to operating Ades ships, especially ones involved in combat. In a worst case, the prize ships have only skeleton crews and can't fight effectively.

This makes me wonder if the battle we'll see next episode will involve the Silvius alone vs. the 1st Fleet. In the preview, the only good guys we see during battle are Fam and Giselle in the Vespa (and a swarm of vanships whose allegiance is unknown). So it could just be them running interference for the Silvius while it makes a run for it. We see Federation battleships emerging from a bank of fog, which makes me suspect a trap being sprung.

Interestingly, and I hadn't picked up on this before, the preview includes a shot of the underside of an Ades ship, with massed guns pointing straight downwards. An anti-vanship weapon?
Old 2011-11-24, 08:01   Link #1118
azarhal

The Ades ships we see in the preview belong to Kaivan's fleet (the fleet are "color" coded). Sadri's fleet use the older model too.
azarhal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-24, 09:07   Link #1119
pewpewpew

Good catch on the colour scheme!

Kayvān hasn't exactly covered himself in glory so far; his fleet was disordered by the Sky Pirates in the first episode, and he was duped by the faked scuttling of the Lasas, allowing it to attempt a kamikaze attack on Luscinia's flagship. Maybe now it's time for him to make a better impression.
Old 2011-11-25, 02:45   Link #1120
Stevie_Nix
Longtime Lurker

Updates at Fam's offical site.

Just noticed that Fam, Gisey, and Millia's character's art now also shows their alternative costumes.

Also new ship cross-section!

Tags
adventure, science fiction