AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2011-12-18, 21:20   Link #3761
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

I love how much the NFL experts stuffed up on GameDay reccomendations.

NFL.com Fantasy tips:

Don't use Reggie Bush this week
Use Titans defense
Use that Thomas receiver from Denver

Yeah...I can imagine a few thousand fantasy players raging at those experts right about now!
Old 2011-12-18, 21:24   Link #3762
Samari
World's Greatest

Quote:
Originally Posted by solomon View Post
Dude Samari whats with all the Tebow hate?
Nothing on Tebow personal. Just to all the people who actually thought he was a good quarterback. Or the future of a franchise.

John Elway must have a wide smile right about now. Ear to ear.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Samari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-18, 21:31   Link #3763
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post
Use that Thomas receiver from Denver
What's wrong with that one? 116 yards isn't good enough for you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samari View Post
Nothing on Tebow personal. Just to all the people who actually thought he was a good quarterback. Or the future of a franchise.

John Elway must have a wide smile right about now. Ear to ear.
Losing to a Tom Brady led team makes you a bad quarterback?
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-18, 21:57   Link #3764
Samari
World's Greatest

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Losing to a Tom Brady led team makes you a bad quarterback?
No. He wasn't a good quarterback to begin with. Not saying he never will be, but at this time the hype he is getting is unjustified. That defense and running game has been doing the majority of the work for most of their wins. And for people to think he was the future of the franchise and that this would keep going were delusional and don't know a thing about football. You can't grind out wins every week and be a successful team year after year. You need a guy like a Brees, Manning, Rodgers, Rivers, etc. Starts with the quarterback. And if your quarterback can't throw the ball your days are going to be numbered. Wouldn't be surprised if the Chargers steal the division now.

Maybe Tebow can undergo a Steve Young/Steve McNair transformation and he'll be a decent pocket passer with time, but he's going to have to basically rework his mechanics. That long time consuming Byron Leftwich motion isn't going to cut it most likely.

永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Old 2011-12-18, 22:16   Link #3765
GDB

This Ravens game is making me sick. We're going to end up giving the Steelers the division unless the 49ers are so kind as to help us out.
Old 2011-12-18, 22:24   Link #3766
SoFarGone
H.A.M.

Quote:
This Ravens game is making me sick. We're going to end up giving the Steelers the division unless the 49ers are so kind as to help us out.
Help a brother out. Hopefully Ben doesn't play.
Old 2011-12-18, 22:26   Link #3767
Elo the Blue
Mama there goes that man!

Quote:
It's absolutely sickening. A guaranteed play-off spots is fine and dandy but this, even more than last year, should have been the year this team finally got a home play-off game since the '06 season, and they've probably blown it.

Obviously nothing is set in stone, but I doubt the Steelers lose another game.
Old 2011-12-18, 22:28   Link #3768
Kyuu
=^^=

Quote:
Looks like the Ravens are content with the playoffs on the road... And they wouldn't be in this position had they not lose to teams they should have beaten...
Kyuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-18, 22:30   Link #3769
Alchemist007
*Author

Most wtf day in football ever. Actually, it's a pretty normal day for the Ravens
Old 2011-12-18, 22:41   Link #3770
Elo the Blue
Mama there goes that man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuu View Post
Looks like the Ravens are content with the playoffs on the road... And they wouldn't be in this position had they not lose to teams they should have beaten...
Agreed. Tonight would have been a bit easier to stomach had the Ravens not lost to the Jags and Seahawks. They definitely should have beaten on Tennessee on paper, but most teams have an off-game during the season.
Old 2011-12-18, 22:44   Link #3771
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

On one hand, I'd like to think Baltimore could still win the AFC North somehow. But that would mean Pittsburgh losing tomorrow which would mean freaking New England would be in the #1 seed...

So both conferences could have the two worst defenses in the league being the #1 seeds? Dem QBs really make up for a lot.
Old 2011-12-18, 22:50   Link #3772
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

Apparently, when I miss a weekend of football due to road-tripping all day, everything goes batshit insane. What a weird weekend.

SD is running through the Baltimore defense like the Ravens are the Panthers. The Chargers have scored on every drive but one and that was a missed field goal.
Dilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-18, 22:52   Link #3773
Samari
World's Greatest

Ravens just got punked tonight. I can't remember the last time that defense looked so vulnerable.

永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Old 2011-12-18, 22:52   Link #3774
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilla View Post
Apparently, when I miss a weekend of football due to road-tripping all day, everything goes batshit insane. What a weird weekend.

SD is running through the Baltimore defense like the Ravens are the Panthers. The Chargers have scored on every drive but one and that was a missed field goal.
Thought you would have been a bit livelier considering Carolina beat Houston.
Old 2011-12-18, 22:54   Link #3775
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

There's another forum I frequent for that ( a Carolina Panther specific forum).

Honestly, most of us want this season to end and the offseason to hurry up and get here all ready, there are so many things that need to be addressed (d-line especially). The fandom is looking forward to next year. The victories at the end of this year are an added bonus at this point.
Old 2011-12-18, 22:58   Link #3776
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Interesting bit of news I found relating to the relocation debate on the NFL website.

Quote:
Part of Wayne Weaver's sale of the Jacksonville Jaguars to Shahid Khan included a clause in which Khan must pay $25 million to the charity of Weaver's choice should he move the team within five years of the purchase date, according to a source with knowledge of the situation.

Khan has been adamant that he doesn't plan to move the team, and he spoke on that topic at length during the last week's league meetings in Dallas.

Also, the Jaguars' stadium lease is very restrictive, and ultimately the team would have to prove hardship -- in a Jacksonville court -- and pay a significant fee in order to move. But the charity clause by Weaver is one more sign of his desire for the team to remain where it is.

In conversations with multiple high-ranking sources during the league meetings, most believed the San Diego Chargers and St. Louis Rams had the greatest likelihood of moving to Los Angeles, with a growing sentiment that eventually the Oakland Raiders will join the San Francisco 49ers at the new facility 49ers ownership is seeking to break ground on in Santa Clara this spring.
Old 2011-12-18, 23:01   Link #3777
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

Stan Kroenke, the St. Louis owner, is based in the Missouri area, so I find it a bit hard to believe that he'll move unless the stadium is that shitty (and it very well may be).
Old 2011-12-18, 23:06   Link #3778
GDB

But they just moved to St Louis in 1995. I can't imagine the stadium becoming that bad in 16 years.
Old 2011-12-18, 23:06   Link #3779
Alchemist007
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samari View Post
Ravens just got punked tonight. I can't remember the last time that defense looked so vulnerable.
It's games like these in which the defense physically collapses on itself that I wonder if there isn't some dirty deals going on behind the scenes.
Old 2011-12-18, 23:58   Link #3780
Demongod86
Gundam Boobs and Boom FTW

I'm just wondering if the Jets can do a complete 180 and stomp the giants the way we stomped them today. And then if the GIANTS can do that same 180 and stomp the cowpies.

Funny that the NFC East is still up for grabs, lawlz.

Tags
american football, sports