AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-11-12, 04:38   Link #761
MitsubishiZero
Resource cabinet

Congrats on Hetalia 5th DVD (limited ver.) selling 1st in Animate Akihabara in October.

Way to go, Fujoshis~
MitsubishiZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-12, 10:10   Link #762
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Belarus = win, loved her. I doubt many nations can make Russia cower in a corner also totally awesome they used Russia's Maru Kaite Chikyuu as the ED!
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
White Manju Bun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-12, 12:01   Link #763
musume_no_hoshi
~*Eternal Bakaness*~

Quote:
Originally Posted by MitsubishiZero View Post
Congrats on Hetalia 5th DVD (limited ver.) selling 1st in Animate Akihabara in October.

Way to go, Fujoshis~
When fujoshis put their mind into it, they can produce some really scary sales. Hetalia is out-selling Haruhi-endless-eight and Clannad AS AND later volumes of Lucky Star. It's selling about an average of 24k, it's one the best selling yet the animation is so...average. England's character single sold 31k (when Nagato sold about 6k), the only seiyuu who can sell that amount without a good tie-in is Mizuki Nana. (Reborn's 5th (I think) ending single sold 61k in its first week, because it's sung by one of the most popular pairing). It makes me wonder would they make any duet singles.

Axis's version of Santa Claus is Coming to town is SO DAMN HOT and CUTE at the same time. I can't describe my feeling towards this song. Yasumoto isn't totally tone deaf but he's not very good, for some reason, it matches Germany too well. It doesn't sound like he's acting at all (compared to Takahashi and Nakamura).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-gMzY_KNTU&fmt=18
Old 2009-11-12, 12:20   Link #764
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by musume_no_hoshi View Post
Axis's version of Santa Claus is Coming to town is SO DAMN HOT and CUTE at the same time. I can't describe my feeling towards this song. Yasumoto isn't totally tone deaf but he's not very good, for some reason, it matches Germany too well. It doesn't sound like he's acting at all (compared to Takahashi and Nakamura).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-gMzY_KNTU&fmt=18
That has a cuteness level of over 9000 I think, omg Im laughing so hard listening to germany sing XD
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
Old 2009-11-21, 13:29   Link #765
musume_no_hoshi
~*Eternal Bakaness*~

Eh? Why is there a subbed episode already? Did gg just used the mobile version or something?

Li-chan is always as cute as ever. Switzerland being a sis-con is again extrmely adorable. I wish they animate more Japan and America next episode, I found it hilarious in the printed manga version. Japanese people really love their digital camera, I think it was Japanese phones that first had cameras.

Gawd...look at the last scene. If Studio DEEN spend that much effort as their Hetalia movie, it should turn out okay. The mangaka himself is silent now, he only posts 2/3 times a month compared to about 20 times before the movie was announce. I hope he's working on the movie too.
Old 2009-11-22, 08:10   Link #766
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Of course, the beginning scene with Switzerland was the best part of the episode, and the best part of the past 10 episodes. Such adorable drawings, and what a sis-con.

& of course, poor Canada.
Old 2009-11-22, 13:26   Link #767
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Oh Switzerland, draw more cute animals~

Omg Canada!! He so needs a hug
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
Old 2009-11-22, 20:22   Link #768
blewin

lol!!! Switzerland's reaction is hilarious. He just can't resist her, can he?

As for Canada......... Ahhhh, I just had this horrible moment of revelation while watching him mumble his request that Canadan sounded exactly like Italy!

thanks for the youtube linke, musume_no_hoshi. It's funny to hear Germany sing...

Chrome Shelled Regios
blewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-23, 11:33   Link #769
musume_no_hoshi
~*Eternal Bakaness*~

Quote:
Originally Posted by blewin View Post
lol!!! Switzerland's reaction is hilarious. He just can't resist her, can he?

As for Canada......... Ahhhh, I just had this horrible moment of revelation while watching him mumble his request that Canadan sounded exactly like Italy!

thanks for the youtube linke, musume_no_hoshi. It's funny to hear Germany sing...
If you want to hear him sing, there's still his version of Marukaite Chikyuu and his character single. I really look forward to Romi Paku version of Marukaite Chikyuu, she's probably the best singer out the of the whole cast. Remind me why doesn't she release singles under her own name? I swear her singing is a million times better ...certain singers.

Give Switzerland and Li-chan a duel characters single. Romi Paku yodeling...would be interesting? Wait...would Switzerland's version of Marukaite Chikyuu have some yodeling?
Old 2009-11-23, 16:58   Link #770
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Quote:
If you want to hear him sing, there's still his version of Marukaite Chikyuu and his character single. I really look forward to Romi Paku version of Marukaite Chikyuu, she's probably the best singer out the of the whole cast. Remind me why doesn't she release singles under her own name? I swear her singing is a million times better ...certain singers.
Germany's Marukaite is one of my faves just cuz when I first heard it I was so used to hearing Italy's vers that his just blew my mind.

I want Switzerland's the most out of the remaining ones that are coming out. I cant wait to hear Romi sing that!
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
Old 2009-11-26, 18:57   Link #771
blewin

never heard Romi sing before..... So are they releasing music CDs for every single character (country)?

Chrome Shelled Regios
Old 2009-11-30, 13:04   Link #772
musume_no_hoshi
~*Eternal Bakaness*~

Quote:
Originally Posted by blewin View Post
never heard Romi sing before..... So are they releasing music CDs for every single character (country)?
They're releasing CD for the Axis and Allies. Italy, Germany, Japan, England, France and America's are already released. Russia and China are up next. Prussia had a WHOLE drama CD delicated to him, which also included one song. Each DVD also included two more versions of MaruKaite Chikyuu. Italy, Germany, Japan, England, France, America, Russia, China, Holy Roman Empire and Chibitalia are released. We got Switzerland , Liechtenstein, Poland, Lithunia, Prussia and Austria to go.

If you want to hear Romi sing, just look up Ed's character songs from FMA. Her live was really impressive too, it's up there at a professional singer level. I only seen one performance from her, but I think it's on par with Mizuki Nana.
Old 2009-12-01, 12:43   Link #773
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Episode 45: Switzerland goodness. I fangirled far to much while watching this episode.
Old 2009-12-01, 16:11   Link #774
musicalcroc

Hi, I'm new to the series. I was conflicted at first because I'm one of the "stiff-necked" people who feel uncomfortable with parody/satire of history, especially such a severe event as WWII. But I find Hetalia quite charming, cheeky but not too much. And everyone is laughed at.
The art of the webcomic is average but the author can draw some really sweet thing if he wants, like this (this is Greece, in his traditional outfit). And his chibis are pure saccharine. My personal favourite are the Nordics.
musicalcroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-01, 16:35   Link #775
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

The only thing that would have made epi 45 better was if Nihon would have made a cameo XD But Li-chan and Switzerland are sooooooo cute.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
I fangirled far to much while watching this episode.
pffffft
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
Old 2009-12-05, 19:23   Link #776
killersaint
FMPtard

you guys are weeeiird D:

Germany's songs always creep me out cuz he combines that ultra-low voice with emotive overenthusiasm and the result sounds... GAHH!!!

and mai hani's songs... America's have so much Engrish in 'em i could cry! >⌂<

but I WANT MOAR Igirisu. Non-tan's got the best voice~ "Absolutely Invincible British Gentleman" is my favorite!

and i can't wait for Prussia's <3

as for the Italies...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BYWIdKbwPlo
that is all.

well... maybe not ALL...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-SKDPGiGvN4
*D'WAAHHHH~*
killersaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-06, 06:42   Link #777
musume_no_hoshi
~*Eternal Bakaness*~

Quote:
Originally Posted by killersaint View Post
you guys are weeeiird D:

Germany's songs always creep me out cuz he combines that ultra-low voice with emotive overenthusiasm and the result sounds... GAHH!!!

and mai hani's songs... America's have so much Engrish in 'em i could cry! >⌂<

but I WANT MOAR Igirisu. Non-tan's got the best voice~ "Absolutely Invincible British Gentleman" is my favorite!

and i can't wait for Prussia's <3

as for the Italies...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BYWIdKbwPlo
that is all.

well... maybe not ALL...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-SKDPGiGvN4
*D'WAAHHHH~*
But but buuuuut.....Germany's voice is so hawt. It's not totally tone death but yet not very good, it's too Germany like! How can you not like it! /pretending to sound like a total fangirl

I do agree that Absolutely Invincible British Gentleman is probably the best song out the whole character songs that have been released up to now. It had good vocals, the song matched 80's like British music and there was barely any engrish. As a British citizen I fully approve of this song.

You know, I think we'll definitely get more songs released. The character CDs have been selling like hot cakes topped with bacon. Japan, England, France and America all reached top 10 in the oricon charts. Frontier works aim is to make money, they're not going to leave a cash cow. Unless Himaruya signed a contract with them and wouldn't allow them to release more, but I think this is highly unlikely.
Old 2009-12-06, 15:57   Link #778
killersaint
FMPtard

Quote:
But but buuuuut.....Germany's voice is so hawt. It's not totally tone death but yet not very good, it's too Germany like! How can you not like it! /pretending to sound like a total fangirl

I do agree that Absolutely Invincible British Gentleman is probably the best song out the whole character songs that have been released up to now. It had good vocals, the song matched 80's like British music and there was barely any engrish. As a British citizen I fully approve of this song.

You know, I think we'll definitely get more songs released. The character CDs have been selling like hot cakes topped with bacon. Japan, England, France and America all reached top 10 in the oricon charts. Frontier works aim is to make money, they're not going to leave a cash cow. Unless Himaruya signed a contract with them and wouldn't allow them to release more, but I think this is highly unlikely.
yaaaayyz!! ^^

next concern...
Himaruya lives in New York... Why isn't this stuff available in teh States yet?! ò_ó
the manga at the very least should have an official English release!

please, Hetalia... let me pour money into yoooouuuuu!!!

EDIT: ooh! ooh! idea!

they should release something like a photo album of the indecent pictures of other characters that France has accrued... "France's Fanservice Album".
tell me that shit wouldn't sell.
killersaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-07, 02:05   Link #779
blewin

Quote:
they should release something like a photo album of the indecent pictures of other characters that France has accrued... "France's Fanservice Album".
Ha! That just got me laughing so hard....

Chrome Shelled Regios
Old 2009-12-07, 10:03   Link #780
musume_no_hoshi
~*Eternal Bakaness*~

Quote:
yaaaayyz!! ^^

next concern...
Himaruya lives in New York... Why isn't this stuff available in teh States yet?! ò_ó
the manga at the very least should have an official English release!

please, Hetalia... let me pour money into yoooouuuuu!!!

EDIT: ooh! ooh! idea!

That shit would sell great. I swear you don't even have to buy it, they're all over the internet. Hetalia is the 4th most used tag on Pixiv (Approximately the Japanese version of deviantart). Germany and Prussia seem to be the ones who get the fanservice art.

Hetalia the series I spent the most money on. The official products I got includes: Germany Hankie, Hetalia World Map tablemat, England's Character single, volume 1+2 in chinese and my calendar got sent out, should be arriving in a few days. I even got a Hetalia chinese bootleg artbook (the print quality is as good as Tokyopop artbook, not on par with Japanese artbook quality) and quite a few doujin stuff to go along with it. I also pre-ordered the keychains for xmas AND I'm temped to pre-order the desktop school calendar.../shoots self

Oh the chinese version had horrible editing, even I can edit better....and I only edited 2 chapters.

Well Hetalia is the type of show where all the fans hope it won't get too popular, because of the all problems it could cause. But all it does is get more popular I'm not sure how I would feel about it being licensed in America. I'm trying to find people anti-ing Hetalia (you know...similar to anti-twilight). All I found mainly was people disliking the fans slashing countries and how all the fans are just yaoi fangirls (it's actually quite true), just like anti-twilighters hating the fans for fangirling over a stalking boyfriend. Some people don't like how certain history or countries are displayed(the korean's protest).

Tags
comedy