AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-08-31, 05:14   Link #161
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

Houko Kuwashima is one of the VA here? Can we expect her character to die before the series end? :P
kuroishinigami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-31, 15:11   Link #162
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

This is Hayami Saori's season. She is in five new series and three new OVAs. Since I think she is a good seiyuu and has one of the world's most beautiful singing voices, this is a good thing, to me.

I find the character design pretty unusual, especially for a contemporary anime. Different is good, so I hope it will work.

The director and writer did Ouran HS Host Club together, so I wonder if this will be a somewhat shoujo- or josei-fied mecha show. That would also be a good thing, for me.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-31, 15:20   Link #163
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
so I wonder if this will be a somewhat shoujo- or josei-fied mecha show. That would also be a good thing, for me.
Oh how i hope so, for various reasons. One of them being the fact that it'll increase the thought of this show just being Utena with mechs. :3

& yeah Hayami Saori has been a personal favorite of mine since Touka Gettan, and it's about time she had more roles.
Old 2010-08-31, 15:45   Link #164
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Cover of magazine special on Star Driver, featuring Hayami Saori, Miyano Mamoru, Fukuyama Jun (l-r; click thumbnail to enlarge):

YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-31, 18:41   Link #165
Haohmaru
The Invincible Samurai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
This is Hayami Saori's season. She is in five new series and three new OVAs. Since I think she is a good seiyuu and has one of the world's most beautiful singing voices, this is a good thing, to me.

I find the character design pretty unusual, especially for a contemporary anime. Different is good, so I hope it will work.

The director and writer did Ouran HS Host Club together, so I wonder if this will be a somewhat shoujo- or josei-fied mecha show. That would also be a good thing, for me.
IMO that's a great thing. Ouran HS Host Club was one of the best recent BONES shows. Xam'd had so much potential....
Haohmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-02, 07:47   Link #166
duckroll
綺羅星★!

http://www.star-driver.net/trailer/index.html

Trailer!~
duckroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-02, 08:02   Link #167
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Not really following this series, but since I saw this floating somewhere:

DAT FABULOUSNESS

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-02, 08:27   Link #168
shels

animation is good as expected from bones, but the char. design mix from code geass and shiki doesn't seem to blend for me :P
and that the mecha and pilot pose and movements in the "transformation" are hilarious..
shels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-02, 08:30   Link #169
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
I dont know how i missed this for so long. Satoru Kousaki doing a mecha series two thumbs up on it. Highly anticipating this series.
Old 2010-09-02, 09:36   Link #170
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I came rainbows. So fabulous.
Old 2010-09-02, 09:45   Link #171
Westlo
Lets be reality

Damn lol, so fabulous.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-02, 09:50   Link #172
v1cious

Uhh... so is this a Magical Girl show for guys? what's with the fabulous tranformations?

in any case the animation is awesome, so i'll give it a chance.
v1cious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-02, 09:57   Link #173
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

that trailer actually sap my will to follow this series lol. I'm not too fond on magical girl type show and magical boy is a little..... Anyway, probably gonna either check several episode or see some review before deciding whether to follow this series or not.
kuroishinigami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-02, 10:20   Link #174
konart

It's even worse than I thought it would be, lol.
Oh, Bones... how could you?
Old 2010-09-02, 13:09   Link #175
Starry Dust
Lurkin' in ur threadz.

DAT TRANSFORMATION SCENE.

I think this show may be alittle too fabulous for me
Holy crap.
Starry Dust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-02, 13:25   Link #176
Eternal_Sin
Useless Human Being

TRAILER: http://www.star-driver.net/trailer/index.html

EDIT: Nevermind
Eternal_Sin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-02, 13:56   Link #177
_gallo_

Oh lord.. everything is so over-the-top that the show will be either a total disaster or totally awesome. Since I'm a sucker of Igarashi+ Enokido and Bones, I'm more inclined toward the latter.

BELIEVE!

[... the secret of the Great Stories is that they have no secrets. The Great Stories are the ones you have heard and want to hear again. The ones you can enter anywhere and inhabit comfortably. They don't deceive you with thrills and trick endings. They don't surprise you with the unforeseen.. They are as familiar as the house you live in. Or the smell of your lover's skin. You know how they end yet you listen as though you don't. In the way that you know that one day you will die, you live as though you won't. In the Great Stories you know who lives, who dies, who finds love, who doesn't. And yet you want to know again. That is their mystery and their magic. ...] Arundhati Roy
_gallo_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-02, 14:41   Link #178
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

HOLY SHIT FABULOUS~

I think Bones is trying to out-fab Sunrise.
Old 2010-09-02, 14:42   Link #179
Kopi
Σ(゚ロ゚ノ)ノ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post

I came rainbows. So fabulous.
Lolwut.

But it seems good, will watch it
Kopi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-02, 14:49   Link #180
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
Not really following this series, but since I saw this floating somewhere:

DAT FABULOUSNESS
The only thing I could think while watching this is how it's going to be making the people who called Code Geass fabulous completely lose their minds when they see it based on the transformation sequences alone. Main character seems like an asshole, but I'm definitely going to be checking this out for the wackiness if nothing else. It looks like the successor to Sora Kake Girl in that regard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzuku View Post
HOLY SHIT FABULOUS~

I think Bones is trying to out-fab Sunrise.
They've always been two sides of the same coin. Somebody just finally made a coin toss that landed on it's on end.

Last edited by Kaioshin Sama; 2010-09-02 at 15:03.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bones, fabulous, shonen