AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-02-27, 12:33   Link #61
Trax
Rock beats scissors

Awesome chapter with lots of information. Bonny is shown reading the news, wonder when she will get involved in the story again, her reactions in the past were never explained so still curious about that.

Luffy is being typical Luffy again, going off at Dofla on the den den mushi and then imagining delicious meat at Dofla's remark. To be honest I'm not sure he would really care about the Mera Mera fruit. It does however spark discussion about who's going to be the new logia user. Knowing Luffy, he might just give it away to a non-crew member he likes.

Anyway, it seems that when Law told Smoker about going to Green Bit that it was a diversion after all. He sure is a crafty one. Still didn't stop him from going along with the crew's pace who changed the topic to breakfast, that was hilarious.

It's a shame Law's crew won't be getting involved yet, would've been great to see them fighting alongside the Strawhats on Dressrosa. I wonder why Law is keeping them out of the action for now.
Old 2013-02-27, 13:01   Link #62
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trax View Post
Luffy is being typical Luffy again, going off at Dofla on the den den mushi and then imagining delicious meat at Dofla's remark. To be honest I'm not sure he would really care about the Mera Mera fruit. It does however spark discussion about who's going to be the new logia user. Knowing Luffy, he might just give it away to a non-crew member he likes.
You don't see Luffy giving his HAT to random strangers (Nami is not random) do you? What do you think he would do with a memento of his dead brother?
Old 2013-02-27, 13:13   Link #63
ellifeedn
Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
I think it would be much more interessting if Franky used the fruit to build something interessting. Like maybe combining the fruit with the ship.
If a ship were combined with a devil fruit, would it float or sink in water?
Old 2013-02-27, 13:17   Link #64
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
You don't see Luffy giving his HAT to random strangers (Nami is not random) do you? What do you think he would do with a memento of his dead brother?
I guess the mera mera fruit is a memento of sorts, but is it really meaningful? Ace didn't even have the powers of the fruit for the vast majority of the time Ace and Luffy were together, so why would Luffy care about something he has no reason to even really associate with Ace?
Old 2013-02-27, 13:44   Link #65
Xacual

I don't think anyone mentioned it, but the obvious choice for the Mera Mera no Mi is Zoro's sword. Didn't he mention after the timeskip in one of those random conversations that he wanted a fire sword.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Old 2013-02-27, 13:50   Link #66
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trax View Post
Awesome chapter with lots of information. Bonny is shown reading the news, wonder when she will get involved in the story again, her reactions in the past were never explained so still curious about that.
Speaking lf Bonney, what's up with her? Wasn't she captured by Akainu? She escape or something?

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Old 2013-02-27, 13:51   Link #67
Rainbowman

Quite an epic chapter of revelations. At the end of that chapter, I think that's the start of the Dressrosa arc.
Old 2013-02-27, 14:04   Link #68
Slayerx

With the mera mera no mi... My guess is that Luffy will get it and give it to Sabo if it indeed turns out to be alive. Who better to carry on Ace's legacy?

Also, for the unknown Schikibukai... My guess would be Marco. He didn't take Whitebeard's place as Yonkou and we have not heard of him since. I can't help but imagine a scenerio in which after whitebeard's fall, his crew suffered greatly. Every enemy whitebeard along with Blackbeard would quickly eat up their territory, and the marines do not fear Marco the way they feared Whitebeard. In the end, despite his obvious hatred for the world government, to protect what remained of the crew he joined as a schikibukai to atleast great rid of the pressure from the marines. The story of a man who has fallen low.

Though granted, it does feel a bit more likely that they would simply allow themselves to be absorbed into Shank's crew, if they were indeed suffering that much from whitebeard's loss

Speaking of which; I can't help but think that Kid and his alliance are taking aim at Red Hair. Luffy's already got himself destined to face down 3 of the yonkou; might aswell add a few supernova's to the list of guys he's got to beat up.
Old 2013-02-27, 15:09   Link #69
Spammowarrior

the guy reading the news right after jimbe, is that crocodile?

edit: also, what is that port incident thing?
Old 2013-02-27, 15:13   Link #70
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

is that cp9 on the 1st panel of page 6. panel before Jinbei
Old 2013-02-27, 15:16   Link #71
marvelB

lol.... I'm already seeing the fruit speculation going wild.... just like I predicted on the first page.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
I think it would be much more interessting if Franky used the fruit to build something interessting. Like maybe combining the fruit with the ship.

Just so it could sink like a rock as soon as they set off for their next adventure? Yeah, REAL clever use for that fruit, huh?

Putting that aside, I noticed quite a few people are questioning why Dofla thinks Luffy would care about his brother's fruit. Honestly, I don't see the confusion here: He only assumes that Luffy would care. It's not like he's as familiar with Luffy as us readers are. He probably just thinks that he would see his dead brother's fruit as a great object of sentimental value. I also agree that he's most likely far off the mark with that assumption, but again, it's not like he knows Luffy all that well in the first place.....

Also, awesome to see that Dofla's crew are themed around playing cards. So Dofla himself is "Joker", that slimy logia guy is "club" and Diamante is obviously "diamond". I suppose someone else will take Law's place as the "heart", and we've yet to be introduced to the "spade" character. I wonder if there will also be a king and queen, as well (Dofla is joker, so I guess that excludes him from being king, but imagine if the loli were the queen! ).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
Also, for the unknown Schikibukai... My guess would be Marco. He didn't take Whitebeard's place as Yonkou and we have not heard of him since. I can't help but imagine a scenerio in which after whitebeard's fall, his crew suffered greatly. Every enemy whitebeard along with Blackbeard would quickly eat up their territory, and the marines do not fear Marco the way they feared Whitebeard. In the end, despite his obvious hatred for the world government, to protect what remained of the crew he joined as a schikibukai to atleast great rid of the pressure from the marines. The story of a man who has fallen low.

As interesting as that sounds, I highly doubt it. Like BDK mentioned earlier, the new warlord is most likely the guy who was mentioned in Film Z (the guy who killed the titular admiral's family, in addition to cutting off his arm). At the very least, we know that person is also a DF user, but there was no indication that he was affiliated with Whitebeard in any way (if he were, I'd already have assumed him to be Chameleone, the enemy pirate Oda created for the OP stage show last year). But at the very least, I'd definitely bet that the new warlord is a new character altogether.....

Speaking of warlords, I wonder how long it'll be before Pirate God Buggy makes his grand re-entrance?

As far as the (possible) new admiral Fujitora goes, his name is supposed to translate to "purple tiger", correct? If memory serves me right, purple is sometimes associated with wind/air, so it's possible that he may be our long-overdue wind logia, if that's the case.....
Old 2013-02-27, 17:56   Link #72
articuzwolf
Wolf in Sheep's Clothing

oh I just realized BRANNEW was calling akainu as "admiral" instead of "fleet-admiral"

did he pass up his promotion after that life and death battle against kuzan?

ah and that Trevor guy reminds me of this guy from shirokuma cafe

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
and we've yet to be introduced to the "spade" character
my bet is on Kanjurou

Last edited by articuzwolf; 2013-02-27 at 18:11.
Old 2013-02-27, 18:23   Link #73
golgo13

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubtGin View Post
http://z.mfcdn.net/store/manga/106/69-700.0/compressed/rlq_014.jpg

what is Apoo doing there
Haha that does look a lot like Apoo! Maybe a twin

The Luffyisms in this chapter are a bit exaggerated, it reminds me of the bloody nose Sanji build-up. Maybe Luffy will be defeated with meat in Dressrosa..

Really like to see Doflamingo cool and collected. This is going to be quite a showdown. Chess between Doflamingo and Law on top of a trampoline Luffy will bounce on.

Last edited by golgo13; 2013-02-27 at 18:24. Reason: img
Old 2013-02-27, 18:32   Link #74
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by articuzwolf View Post
oh I just realized BRANNEW was calling akainu as "admiral" instead of "fleet-admiral"

did he pass up his promotion after that life and death battle against kuzan?

Uh..... no, he IS the fleet admiral. I assume you're going by the Mangapanda translation? Never, EVER rely on those guys for an accurate script. Ever. I strongly suggest reading Mangarule's version instead. Much more accurate and reliable.

BTW, I forgot to mention it earlier, but the fact that we pretty much have full confirmation of Absalom's involvement in the underworld pretty much does guarantee that we'll be seeing Moria again soon enough (makes sense too, what with all the recent build-up Kaidou had). I wonder where he's hanging out now? My guess is that his headquarters is somewhere in Kaidou's territory, and seeing as we've gotten some vague hints that the emperor in question is involved with Wano some way, well.....

And speaking of Kaidou's territory, I'm gonna make a wild guess at a twist in Caribou's story: That old lady? She'll turn out to be one of Kaidou's officers. Just you wait.
Old 2013-02-27, 18:56   Link #75
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
the new warlord is most likely the guy who was mentioned in Film Z (the guy who killed the titular admiral's family, in addition to cutting off his arm).
Just a small correction here. The mystery shichibukai is only known to have cut off Zephyr's arm; it was another pirate that killed his family long before that.

-----

Akainu seems to be sporting a new suit underneath his marine coat. Judging by it being "white" in the manga, he's probably no longer wearing a dark red coat, but a lighter colour coat instead. And seeing as how we only saw one side of his face, is it far-fetched to say that he suffered some permanent damage to his face as a result of his 10 day battle with Aokiji? One thing's certain: there's no way he got out of that battle without any permanent injuries.
Old 2013-02-27, 19:37   Link #76
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

If Luffy does eat the Fire Fruit he'll basically become....
Spoiler:
Old 2013-02-27, 19:45   Link #77
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

I really cannot see how Luffy would care much about the fruit...I mean, like it was said before the Ace that Luffy knew best, the Ace he grew up with didn't even have a fruit power, he only got it later. Sure it's the same fruit Ace had but it's just a Devil Fruit power...I seriously cannot see how the Luffy we know would logically care so much about a simple Devil Fruit that just happened to be the same his brother ate.
Old 2013-02-27, 21:03   Link #78
Nvis
Where are the good animes

Another chance of logia-user aboard the Straw Hats.

Nami should get the fruit, that be epic .
Old 2013-02-27, 21:52   Link #79
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvis View Post
Another chance of logia-user aboard the Straw Hats.

Nami should get the fruit, that be epic .
Nami already uses a wide variety of elements. She already uses fire already and is more of the supportive type. The Mera Mera fruits seems to be frontline offensive power, unsuited for Nami. Noted by some people, Luffy and Blackbeard seems to be opposites so wouldn't it work that Luffy should posses a second Devil fruit?
Old 2013-02-27, 23:52   Link #80
danielevo

i think the one who will eat ace devil fruit is luffy/cobby.
Closed Thread