AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-04-14, 17:05   Link #121
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

so far for the second episode I love the mushroom... however that scene where everyone throwing all kinds of... things... to congratulate the defeat of the golden bug looks very... lame IMO =.="
Old 2004-04-14, 17:49   Link #122
Pada

As one of the leaders of this project i would like to say thankyou to all our fans who have been downloading (and overloading our distro servers XD) our eps and hope you will watch both the progress of the Ragnarok Anime and ourselves as fansubbers. As many veteran ro players know RagnaMART has been a fansite for the MMORPG for a while now and with news of the anime many of us and our loyal fans decided to put together a sub team for the specific purpose of Fansubbing the Ragnarok Anime. Now after some fumbling and hassle and stress and a lot of other general blahness ^^;; and a few twists here and there which lead to our team up with Shinsen (who we would like to thank greatly btw they rock ^^) WE have brought you the Ragnarok anime.

Now to address the discussion of our translations compared to ^_^ i cannot say whos is better because well at the end of the day its all a matter of interpretation for the most part.. i mean you can take Kawaii as cute or even to a lesser extent pretty.. translations arent black and white... however i do not know if ^_^ are but we are veteran players of the game and therefore our subs would probably be more geared to other players for example the term loot which some may not be familiar with (meaning basically items/ monster drops collected) may be a tiny bit inaccurate from a literal translation point of view but a more authentic way from a Ragnarok Point of view.... We did not steal their translation.. if theyre similar well what can i say... we are translating the same dialogue so their are bound to be some simularities but i would like to reitterate that we did not steal their work and as the one who did most of the translation for these past 2 eps im the only one who can really say that (also the fact that we released our ep 2 earlier then them should proove that we havent since it would be impossible for us to steal their translation without seeing it.) Our main problem was with the Opening and Ending songs which were improved on a bit on Ep 2 ^^:; but also mainly cause Hikaru our timer's video card sorta blew up half way through so bangle had to time the first episode. Anyway for those of you who will continue watching our subs thanks lots and we hope we wont disappoint you and for those who dont well to you XD.
Anyways Hope to see more good reports and less bad as the anime continues
Thanks for listening
Pada

Edit: oh yeah strictly from a fan point of view take the anime with a pinch of salt. Yeah we all know that there is no way a low lvl swordy coud defeat The clocktower manager or goldy and that rogues are way stronger then mages..etc... But it wouldnt be fun if they were lvl 99 and running around killing em .. IMHO stories that are based on first class as characters are much more interesting than 2nd class characters.. (at least if they start as first class).. it gives you more of an earthing and everything... i mean i even suggested that on the fanfiction competition we held for RO a few weeks ago XD (even tho hardly anyone entered -.-;; )

Last edited by Pada; 2004-04-14 at 18:03.
Old 2004-04-14, 18:04   Link #123
HellRaver
Warrior Nation

Weeeeee
Bring us ep3 now j/k cannot wait any longer to see the Assassin in action again

I enjoy ur subs alot
Old 2004-04-14, 18:51   Link #124
chibilin

The blonde girl in episode 2 was so annoying. I'm so sick of the token 'annoying girl' in anime.
Old 2004-04-14, 21:54   Link #125
Ryusiangel

i got the fansub from ragnamart and it tried to search for codec but couldn't what codecs you need to play this beside divx
Old 2004-04-14, 22:04   Link #126
Pada

http://koepi.roeder.goe.net/xvid.shtml for the codec as well as latest divx.

From encoder:
<Edward_K> divx 5 comes default to take over all mpeg 4 decoders
<Edward_K> people should disable that
<Edward_K> its in the decoder options as "Decode Generic MPEG-4" or similar
Old 2004-04-14, 22:29   Link #127
MasafumiGotoh

Divx is the most horrible program ever. From what I expierienced, if your missing 1 hash(one piece of the file). It gives you a error message at where it was missing and it starts the client all over again.

Like in the video codec forums install ffdshow alpha. Best thing i ever used. But remember to uninstall all your video codecs. Because ffdshow is the total package. Then you just use Windows Media Player to play the file. Then if your missing a hash, a minor mistake like thing will have seem to happen on the video(like static on sound and video) but it will continue playing.
Old 2004-04-14, 23:53   Link #128
Firelightstar

Send a message via AIM to Firelightstar Send a message via MSN to Firelightstar
which one is better?
^_^ or Shinsen & Ragnamart?

Well, I kinda watch them both a little and I found that ^_^ is a bit better, but that is just me. What do u guys think?
Old 2004-04-15, 00:00   Link #129
^_^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pada
Now to address the discussion of our translations compared to ^_^ i cannot say whos is better because well at the end of the day its all a matter of interpretation for the most part.. i mean you can take Kawaii as cute or even to a lesser extent pretty.. translations arent black and white... however i do not know if ^_^ are but we are veteran players of the game and therefore our subs would probably be more geared to other players for example the term loot which some may not be familiar with (meaning basically items/ monster drops collected) may be a tiny bit inaccurate from a literal translation point of view but a more authentic way from a Ragnarok Point of view.... We did not steal their translation.. if theyre similar well what can i say... we are translating the same dialogue so their are bound to be some simularities but i would like to reitterate that we did not steal their work and as the one who did most of the translation for these past 2 eps im the only one who can really say that

What do you think? The similarity is uncanny! Click here for example
Old 2004-04-15, 00:29   Link #130
I)ark-I)eath
EnI)eR I)ark I)eath

hmm im curious...

which sub is better?

^_^ or shinsen/rag?

they are both xvid right?

im currently using ^_^ version...but im having doubts....i read about the translation it does with midori no hibi...and comparing to the other ones translating it...^_^ does the worst...they either get the translation completely wrong or they dont do the translation at all....so im guessing theres not much translation difference in ragnarok....shinsen-subs i think does a good job on its initial d ones...i donno bout ragnamart...

i might switch to shinsen-subs/ragnamark but im not sure...what u guys think is better? ^_^ or s/r
Old 2004-04-15, 01:38   Link #131
Yukina

Quote:
Originally Posted by I)ark-I)eath
hmm im curious...

which sub is better?

^_^ or shinsen/rag?

i might switch to shinsen-subs/ragnamark but im not sure...what u guys think is better? ^_^ or s/r
I am watching ragnamart's episode 2 and have already noticed about fifteen translation errors (not including the ones in the OP/ED) ... and I'm only halfway through.

If I remember correctly, the ^_^ had one or two errors but nothing major.
Old 2004-04-15, 02:06   Link #132
Yujinbito

Is this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yukina
I am watching ragnamart's episode 2 and have already noticed about fifteen translation errors (not including the ones in the OP/ED) ... and I'm only halfway through.

If I remember correctly, the ^_^ had one or two errors but nothing major.
Related to this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pada
we are veteran players of the game and therefore our subs would probably be more geared to other players for example the term loot which some may not be familiar with (meaning basically items/ monster drops collected) may be a tiny bit inaccurate from a literal translation point of view but a more authentic way from a Ragnarok Point of view....
?
Old 2004-04-15, 02:39   Link #133
Yukina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yujinbito
Is this:

Related to this:

?
No, I mean real errors.

Example:

Roan: Yuufa ITEM wo okane ni kaitekita yo! = Yuufa, I've exchanged our items/item for money!

While the subs say: "Yuufa! I'm coming in with money."

Although not central to the plot or anything, for this reason, I am going to stick with ^_^... for now at least.
Old 2004-04-15, 05:39   Link #134
Jehuty

hot DAMN, episode 2 is so much better! Yuufa did an awesome job as a support aco, and the twist to "teleportation" was badass. Simply badass.

Man, it made me happy to see that ep 2 does a hell of a lot more justice - Roan is obviously way more than just a mere swordie, I think he's on his 40's or something, seeing how he killed those bugs so easily =x

not to mention goldie... eeeee... I have a screenie or two of my swordie fighting him (JehutyKnight)... then later, another screenie with me mvp'ing it with my knight...

I'm babbling, I know, but damn, that ep made me a happy camper. Seeing the priests and hunters, (and the hunter/sin party vs the orcs) was great! eeeee

so, ep 3 seems to be about geffen. heh, they should go look for Dopple
Old 2004-04-15, 05:59   Link #135
dreamless

lol, they better have some elemental weapons, else they'd be dead meat against those whispers...
Old 2004-04-15, 09:02   Link #136
HellRaver
Warrior Nation

Mage is there to

Maybe we get to see the assa again *dreams*
Old 2004-04-15, 09:55   Link #137
Toya^Ceres
Newbie Noob

Send a message via ICQ to Toya^Ceres
this anime is a bit strange though .... an aco with limited sp and a swordsman actually killed Golden Thief Bug AND they got a MVP card , best PVP shield card */omg* ........ Wondering if they can kill Doppleganger at geffen dungeon on ep3 ? = X
Old 2004-04-15, 10:10   Link #138
dreamless

the funniest thing in episode 2 is that
Spoiler:
Old 2004-04-15, 10:26   Link #139
HellRaver
Warrior Nation

hehe the poring was so funny
Old 2004-04-15, 14:32   Link #140
dreamless

after watching shinsen/ragnamart version of episode 2, I have to say they have done quite a mess of a job. there are many translation errors, and definitely not because they are "geared towards RO players". I don't even know how they made those errors, like mistaking "run away" with "call us"? also they didn't even translate that "Angel Hairband" correctly near the end of the anime...
Closed Thread