AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-04-23, 14:50   Link #161
Wolfy

The ^_^ version is wayy better than Shinsen's release for video quality. My only gripe is the audio.. everytime there's silence (ex a character taking a pause in her speech), it's like the whole show goes to mute. This doesn't happen with Shinsen's audio. If it's some way to save space, it's certainly not worth the annoyance.
Old 2004-04-23, 15:51   Link #162
I)ark-I)eath
EnI)eR I)ark I)eath

so the winner in sub is?

^_^ or RAGNAMART/SHINSEN SUBS ?
Old 2004-04-23, 18:22   Link #163
nojevo

I've only seen the rangnamart/shinsen sub version just becuase ranganmart is doing it with them. They are the group of people who knows every term used in ro so I guess they may be more accurate when it comes with terms. Translation wise I'm not sure who is better.
Old 2004-04-23, 18:37   Link #164
Yukina

Quote:
Originally Posted by nojevo
I've only seen the rangnamart/shinsen sub version just becuase ranganmart is doing it with them. They are the group of people who knows every term used in ro so I guess they may be more accurate when it comes with terms. Translation wise I'm not sure who is better.

Ragnamart/Shinsen botched up their translation of episode 2. Every other line was literaly a translation error. They made errors for RO terms as well. The only error I saw in ^_^'s translation, was calling increase agility spell... teleportation.

I did not experience audio problems in any of the versions.

And yeah, no one constantly uses "big brother" or "big sister" when addressing someone in english. So I think that's perfectly fine.

BTW "yatta na" = You did it!
Old 2004-04-23, 20:20   Link #165
nojevo

Heh, well guess i'll switch to ^_^'s version. Hope some other group pick this up. Such a promising show with support from less then average fansub groups.
Old 2004-04-23, 20:29   Link #166
HellRaver
Warrior Nation

Seems ep 3 is done by a whole other group.
This is so confusing
Old 2004-04-23, 20:55   Link #167
Wolfy

The silence is deafening. It's like you're deaf for a split second and can't even hear any background noise everytime there's no BGM and someone doesn't say something.

Check @ 3mins into the show where Roan tries to take a shower. This also happens at 11:35mins where chibi is crying and takes pauses while wailing. It's like it completely goes to no signal rather than just no voices. At 11:55mins, when chibi talks into Roan's ear, there's even loss of cave echo, but that's likely the animation's own purposeful doing.

In terms of subbing, I dun know which one is better, but there's more contrast and vibrant colors in ^_^'s version compared to Shinsen's. It is very noticeable. That goes for both eps 1 & 2.
Old 2004-04-23, 21:15   Link #168
Patapi

I have watched the first 2 by Shinsen + Ragnamart, and the 3rd by AOI, all 3 seemed ok to me. I haven't seen ^_^'s version...maybe that's because I have a prob trusting people with emoticons as their name....it's too much like Prince LOL. Ok that was random. either way they both looked nice to me
Old 2004-04-23, 21:37   Link #169
Piro20
The Newb Downloader

Send a message via MSN to Piro20 Send a message via Yahoo to Piro20
Hey i'm new to the forums and just started downloading my first anime and its Ragnarok episodes 1 & 2 from ^ _ ^. Did I pick the right one for this download?
Old 2004-04-23, 21:39   Link #170
Wolfy

My mistake... the audio is the same in Shinsen's, with that deafening silence. Looks like it's the production company's fault.
Old 2004-04-23, 22:07   Link #171
Patapi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piro20
Hey i'm new to the forums and just started downloading my first anime and its Ragnarok episodes 1 & 2 from ^ _ ^. Did I pick the right one for this download?
There is not real wrong or right one, it's all a personal preference. If you liked it then yes you downloaded the right one
Old 2004-04-24, 02:33   Link #172
Secca
nya`
*Artist

I just watched the first episode, very exciting battle with the clock tower. ^^

This anime just bring back memories, I used to play this game long time ago before they start charging money. Really happy seeing the characters talks and chanting spells. ^^

Last edited by Secca; 2004-04-24 at 03:05.
Old 2004-04-24, 02:34   Link #173
game4life

^_^ are now AOI-Anime..
Old 2004-04-29, 12:08   Link #174
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

Got to love Mr. Pumpkin
Old 2004-04-29, 13:17   Link #175
RPGWizard
Olde Skool Hooligan

Send a message via AIM to RPGWizard
I watched the first two eps from Shinsen-Ragnamart, and the third from ^_^, and I personally prefer Shinsen-Ragnamart's style, at least for this series. ^_^ tends to have a goofy writing style.....

And about the anime, I've really started to like this series. Every episode gets better. If you watched the first ep and didn't appreciate it very much (I only thought it was mediocre), d/l the next two and see if you find them good.
Old 2004-04-29, 13:41   Link #176
Pada

yuufa has a damn banana obsession >.>;;;; Banana soup thingy....
Old 2004-04-29, 23:07   Link #177
Jehuty

EP 4 by Aoi

have you seen episode 4 yet?

Spoiler:
Old 2004-04-29, 23:13   Link #178
I)ark-I)eath
EnI)eR I)ark I)eath

well in ep 4 aoi finally does a karaoke on the op and ed XD

well im gonna stick with aoi now..screw ragnamart...they suck and they are late XD

i noticed ragnarok is just random events...NOTHING is really being achieved....
Old 2004-04-30, 06:35   Link #179
Firelightstar

Send a message via AIM to Firelightstar Send a message via MSN to Firelightstar
the 4ep. really brings back my memories. Although I have never seen nor fight Doppelganger before, but I was the first guy ever to named my swordsman Doppelganger, then I get banned because I got myself into hacking. You know, GM's will never have catch me if my computer didn't....o well, it is a long story anyway.

I then went back to make my Doppelganger swordsman again in Chaos, but someone jack my name from me. Than I try Loki, but someone took it as well. Damn I was mad

anyway, I hope I get my Doppelganger name back someday.

PS: maybe some of you iRO players still remenber my Doppelganger Swordsman..ah, the good old days
Old 2004-05-03, 20:29   Link #180
Aba KreM

I just started my 15 day trial of RAGNOROK (Chaos server) cos I am enjoying the anime very much. I find the game a little confusing at first cos there are too much things to learn, and I am always struggling for money to buy the next upgrade. The game doesn't seem to be as enjoyable as the anime so I don't think I will be playing after my trial ends. I am a Knight and have got killed a few times by porings (the pink blobs)... I AM that weak... much like Roan
I should had went the Magician cos they sure seem powerful with their cool looking spells... with no spells, all I do is bash.

About the anime, does it take place in a virtual game world like Hack sign? cos it sure seem like it is when they refer people as support chars and level3 etc. Maybe Roan will logoff when he decides to get some sleep

Anyway, did I mention the anime rocks?
Closed Thread