AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2013-05-22, 07:45   Link #41
Luminion Lancer
Time-diver

-Man, this chapter was so cheesy I could bite it and shit out pepper-jack . But, it was the good kind of cheesy. We had our silly moments where Madara weeps silently inside when Hashirama turns down yet another marriage proposal, or when Naruto is making a stupid comment while Sakura punishes him for it. This chapter "feels" like a more traditional Naruto chapter, though I wonder why Orochimaru and Karin weren't there? Aren't they technically "allies" now? Oh wait, Orochimaru did go through that "kidnapping little boys" phase and not just in Konoha so I guess he'd work in the shadows.
Old 2013-05-22, 07:51   Link #42
HasuMasu
*Artist

Best chapter I've read in a while, I love it.

Oh, and I sure hope Sakura doesn't mean Creation Rebirth there...
Old 2013-05-22, 08:06   Link #43
reappa28

IMO, after reading the chapter the 3rd time, I think Sasuke about becoming a hokage meant that he's not really gonna become the hokage "literally" but become a hokage for being acknowledge by his comrades in his own way, thats what the Itachi flash back should meant perhaps thats why naruto didn't react to that sasuke troll.
reappa28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-22, 08:10   Link #44
Monster0

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
It's a little stupid, but it somewhat make sense. When you are sealed in the Shinigami, you are placed in a situation where you are eternally fighting (others that have been placed there, as well as the Shinigami). Before he died, Minato sealed half the Kyuubi's chakra into himself (into his soul I guess...and here I was thinking the chakra could only be sealed into a body...), so he has spent the last 16 years fighting inside the Shinigami with half the Kyuubi's chakra at his disposal.

---

That being said, good chapter. Lots of fun moments (Madara's rejection face as Hashirama turns down his advances; Sasuke declaring that he will be Hokage (and the Konoha 9's wtf faces at this declaration); Naruto saying Sakura is something like a girlfriend only to get hit by Sakura; and finally Team 7 rejoining forces and more importantly Sakura seemingly finally going to do something). It was an exciting chapter.
Chakra it seems is in the cells(in the DNA specifically according to Madara).The soul or consciousness seems to reside within the chakra,when chakra is removed from the body part or all of the soul goes with it.When chakra is at zero you die,soul has nowhere to exist in the physical world.
Monster0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-22, 08:20   Link #45
Artimus_Prime
The First Rasengan!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronin myael View Post
you have to remember though that sakura is a character that kishimoto wrote so it's really his fault that the girl didn't do squat. he has forgotten about her significance to the story when she was supposed to be the lead female character being part of team 7 and trained by tsunade and all. it looks like he finally remembered that in this chapter. i never liked any of kishi's female characters because they all seemed pretty useless compared to the males so sakura's uselessness is normal.
i wouldnt say that he "finally remembered"...im gonna go with it being his plan all along or least for a very long while...to keep sakura and hold her major contribution to the story at bay until sasuke gets his shit together. team 7 was always meant to be the new sannin imo. im not saying sakura will develop that diamond on her forehead when she is done "storing" chakra, but its very believable to me that tsunade taught her waaaay more than just medical ninjutsu...
Old 2013-05-22, 08:26   Link #46
MysticNinjaJay
Ninja Emperor

One thing I didn't get from this chapter that I was looking forward to.

Do Sasuke and Sakura know yet that Naruto is the son of the 4th Hokage?

He's right there. Naruto called him Dad. Sakura was clueless about who he was but it should have been obvious by the end of the chapter that he was the 4th Hokage. One of the ninja from Konoha even shouted it out. Yet there seemed to be no acknowledgement.

I'm amused by the outrage over Sasuke declaring his desire to be Hokage. I thought that was funny. It is fitting with his current transformation.

The Ninja world have a lot of ammunition on their side right now.

Kakashi and Obito are in another dimension having their battle while Madara along with the Juubi is single handily taking on all 4 Hokage plus the rest of the talent from the Ninja army. With Sasuke now good I wonder where the manga goes from here.
Old 2013-05-22, 08:29   Link #47
bigdeal000
malefic

This chapter made me hate Sakura. I did not hate her until now, but...
bigdeal000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-22, 08:39   Link #48
Luminion Lancer
Time-diver

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticNinjaJay View Post
Do Sasuke and Sakura know yet that Naruto is the son of the 4th Hokage?

He's right there. Naruto called him Dad. Sakura was clueless about who he was but it should have been obvious by the end of the chapter that he was the 4th Hokage. One of the ninja from Konoha even shouted it out. Yet there seemed to be no acknowledgement.
-Or perhaps they don't have the time to trace Naruto's family tree back to Elvis Presley when there's a giant walking WMD 10-tails on the horizon? I'm sure that under any normal circumstance that having an immortal zombie for a father would be a great topic of discussion among them, but right now, they are likely preoccupied with more important matters.
Old 2013-05-22, 08:48   Link #49
Crow
Noob

Thumbs up

Sasuke would make great Hokage it makes sense cuz the Uchiha will finally be recognized and the Sharigan can control the tailed beasts if they go berserk and he's strong enough to defend the village so yea this is just wow, but I don't know how the author is gonna pull it off, this making me like Sasuke's character more than before
Old 2013-05-22, 09:34   Link #50
tetsuo69

after reading this new chapter I just hope by the end of the fight sasuke dies
Old 2013-05-22, 09:40   Link #51
itachi-san314

wow lots of random haters coming out of the woodwork to complain about an ending that was inevitable. this chapter was awesome! i'm surprised to see all the hate. basically sasuke is good, but he will still fight naruto in the end. not sure what everyone expected... kishi purposely never had him do anything that would make him nonredeemable

i love how minato has the kyuubi cloak as well. and i assume orochimaru is waiting in the shadows waiting for his time to strike?
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-22, 09:43   Link #52
ninetail1989
Dreamer

Nearly Vomit after hearing Sasuke wanting to be hokage...

and vomit again after Sakura BS talk..

i now truly hope Sakura will die protecting Sasuke or just die for no significant reason..i dont care
ninetail1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-22, 09:46   Link #53
thermopyle

LOL, NaruHina shipper meltdown. Go read some fanfiction (lol) and eat some ice cream.

Sasuke wanting to become Hokage was definitely one of the paths I was expecting he might take after listening to Tobirama and Hashirama. 'Hokage' is the driver for the village. What better position to have to fufill Itachi's ideals (who should have been the first Uchiha Hokage and may be one reason Sasuke wants this) and make sure something like the massacre never happens again? Sure, it might be practically impossible for him to achieve this after all he's done but its his goal so we'll see how he goes about it. If he tries taking it by force, Naruto will be the clear next in line regardless.
thermopyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-22, 09:57   Link #54
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by thermopyle View Post
LOL, NaruHina shipper meltdown. Go read some fanfiction (lol) and eat some ice cream.

Sasuke wanting to become Hokage was definitely one of the paths I was expecting he might take after listening to Tobirama and Hashirama. 'Hokage' is the driver for the village. What better position to have to fufill Itachi's ideals (who should have been the first Uchiha Hokage and may be one reason Sasuke wants this) and make sure something like the massacre never happens again? Sure, it might be practically impossible for him to achieve this after all he's done but its his goal so we'll see how he goes about it. If he tries taking it by force, Naruto will be the clear next in line regardless.
Keep your insults to your self.
Old 2013-05-22, 10:01   Link #55
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Good chapter. I have no idea how is Sakura going to fight considering she spent the entire battle with the back ups.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thermopyle View Post
Wow, what's with poor mood?
Mad Pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-22, 10:10   Link #56
ronin myael
lost ronin

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
wow lots of random haters coming out of the woodwork to complain about an ending that was inevitable. this chapter was awesome! i'm surprised to see all the hate. basically sasuke is good, but he will still fight naruto in the end. not sure what everyone expected... kishi purposely never had him do anything that would make him nonredeemable
i'm not surprised about the sakura hate since a lot of fans really do despise sakura but i'm a bit surprised about the reaction to sasuke joining the fray and helping the ninja alliance. we all know this was going to happen, him wanting to become the hokage is nothing compared to his change of heart. i find the shipping wars amusing though so i like reading the posts here.

i don't particularly like this chapter, then again i've never liked a naruto chapter in a long time, but i don't find it terrible either. i actually found some of the scenes funny.
Old 2013-05-22, 10:12   Link #57
Eragon
Still Alive

Yeah, this is not gonna be a pretty place in a few hours...

Well, as I said before, Kishi is taking trolling lessons with Kubo - so no surprise there.

I think, the rage over Sasuke declaring that he will become the Hokage is because he's been manipulated way too easily by too many people and as a result made pretty stupid decisions and still acts all high and mighty. Yeah, that kind of attitude doesn't sit well with some of the fans I guess. I have become more or less completely indifferent to Sasuke so, I couldn't give a shit if he wants to become Hokage or the President of Algeria.

Sakura...that was the last nail in the coffin. To ignore that she was trained by Tsunade till now(with the possible exception of her co-op fight with Sasori) is just too much. All the hate that Sakura gets is essentially directed at Kishi - every last bit.

Anyhow, nice to see Hashirama playing hard-to-get, but we all know he wants Madara. Minato being cool as usual - he was born of icicles, I think. Now, all that is left is, surprise butt-sex by Orochimaru.
Old 2013-05-22, 10:14   Link #58
Kenu
magoi, magoi!

lol...

anyway great chapter. Minato never fails to exude the cool.

Kishitrollollolloo....lol
Kenu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-22, 10:19   Link #59
Raihen
Ancient Red Dragon

I have no problem with Sasuke going back to being good ... But this whole line " I will become Hokage" seal the deal as most ridiclous line Sasuke would say
Raihen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-22, 10:20   Link #60
janipani

Tasteless, but okay... I don't care. Let's see how this ends.

-Best anime was made in 80s-
janipani is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
weekly spoiler discussion