AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2014-11-06, 17:12   Link #481
kitten320

Somehow kids designs look weird... like for example Ino's son. That yellow hair does not suit...

Shipping wise I'm honestly disappointed. Sasuke was an ass to everyone whole manga and hey he got everything forgiven and Sakura still loves him despite constant abuse and they even have a kid... really? That's definitely not the relationship I would like to have.

Then comes NaruHina where Naruto took no notice of her until like the end of manga where they finally started to have some mini interactions and hey! They are married! I've supported them at first but then Kishi fully abandoned them and then hey! They are together, bullshit -_-

At least ShikaTema whom I supported from the start is confirmed and I don't have to listen to InoShika bullshit any more. No disrespect meant but that fandom was annoying as hell.

Over all can't say I'm satisfied with this conclusion... forget the pairings, it feels like it is missing something.

Oh well, will go and celebrate ShikaTema at least
Old 2014-11-06, 17:15   Link #482
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream View Post
700 Chapters of waiting for NaruHina and it happened.

Mama, I made it. I feel so accomplished.

Also, kind of weird to think most of these characters had sex.
I feel weird thinking Hinata was able to without passing out lol
Old 2014-11-06, 17:18   Link #483
janipani

Haha.. I am going to ignore the ending and pretend it never happened. It was just fan service.

-Best anime was made in 80s-
janipani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-06, 17:20   Link #484
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
I feel weird thinking Hinata was able to without passing out lol
She probably did quite a few times. Took longer than it should have.
ACertainStark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-06, 17:21   Link #485
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

The first 12 pages on this thread were PURE GOLD!

I had not laughed that much for a while
Old 2014-11-06, 17:31   Link #486
Alchemist007
*Author

Looks like all the posters who died along the way came back for the finale huh

As a converted NaruHina fan, a satisfying ending
Old 2014-11-06, 17:34   Link #487
Pablete
Banned

@GreyZone

There is still laugh material if you look at NaruSaku fans invading the thread.

See?
Pablete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-06, 17:37   Link #488
kitten320

In all honesty NaruSaku made far more sense to me than SasuSaku and NaruHina. If Kishi did not make her Sasuke obsessed for no real reason but simply being obsessed, it would work out.

Kishi has horrific writing skills when it comes to romance.
Old 2014-11-06, 17:38   Link #489
MysticNinjaJay
Ninja Emperor

I'm finally back on Animesuki!!!!

I feel a sense of closure after reading the Naruto manga and watching the anime for so many years. The final battle between Naruto and Sasuke could have been better but it ended well. The epilogue was great. Everyone seems to want to comment on the pairings so I'll chime in.

I'm glad Naruto ended up with Hinata. The love interest development wasn't the best but it made sense. Hinata was the girl who always admired and accepted Naruto who got over her crush for him and finally confessed her love pushing Naruto over the edge with her sacrifice during the Pain arc. Naruto also fought valiantly for her honor against Neji in a battle that I really feel was the turning point for Naruto. Before then he was seen as a goof who earned the label of loser but he really fought with passion in that battle and the motivation was avenging Hinata.

Sakura and Naruto had no chemistry. Sakura never returned his affection except with a fake confession which Naruto saw through and Naruto at some point accepted that she loved Sasuke. Naruto and Hinata is a pairing that simply made sense. Why shoudn't the hero have the girl who appreciated him from the beginning? The development wasn't great but it is good to see Naruto find some happiness.

Now Sasuke and Sakura.....

I always felt that relationship was unnecessary. Sakura's love for Sasuke was nothing more than a school girl crush on the most popular boy in school. She loved Sasuke for his talent and his antisocial personality seemed to make her even more persistent in winning his affection. Sasuke showed no interest in Sakura throughout the ENTIRE manga, considering her to be an annoyance and even tried to kill her. But that girl still maintained her childish crush through it all.

I know people cringe at them being a couple but here's another way of looking at it. The Naruto-Sakura-Sasuke love triangle served to bolster the rivalry between Naruto and Sasuke. Naruto likes Sakura who has no interest in him and Sakura likes Sasuke who is depicted as asexual and not interested in her until the very end. The love triangle served a purpose for the story. The pairing while odd given Sasuke's physical and emotional abuse of Sakura serves one purpose. It gives Sasuke a new family filling the void left by the death of his parents and his brother. With Sakura he's able to find peace.

Let's not forget how screwed up Sasuke was throughout the manga. His derangement was caused by Itachi's massacre of the Uchiha clan and all the additional drama surrounding it. Sasuke had no time for girls when all he could think about was revenge and later evil plots to justify his place in the world. Now he can just be a normal guy and I think accepting Sakura's love is a step in the right direction.

Finally it was GREAT to see Naruto as the 7th Hokage. He finally got what he wanted and he seems to be up to the task of continuing the legacy of protecting the village. If there is more Naruto to come I welcome it but for now this is a fitting end.
Old 2014-11-06, 17:40   Link #490
Alchemist007
*Author

Was there any hint as toward Lee's kid's mother?
Old 2014-11-06, 17:43   Link #491
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRob View Post
How come in Shikamaru's family line all the males look exactly the same? Do they clone them?
Well, apparently the women have nothing to add to the Nara genetic pool. There just incubators for already established awesomeness that is being a Nara...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romanticide View Post
So basically, the two orphans got a family but still managed to neglect them in the end. Naruto, master of KG, can't spend time with his son and even hits him. Wow, what a waste of 15 years.
That's an awful idea. Kage Bushins are not people. There are chakra automatons, made for specific actions. Sure, Naruto could make one to look after his children, and they would technically have some semblance of his personality, but they are not him, and once the kids get old enough and they know they were only being taken care of by a clone, they would be heart broken.

I'm not saying that Naruto's current approach is necessarily good (and Sasuke's is potentially far worse, depending if he isn't away on business), but using something like a clone to care for his kids seems like a far worse betrayal than simply being a busy parent.

btw, Why didn't you also indicate Hinata's apparent laziness in this situation? Why wasn't she there to pick up her son from school? It's not like she was doing anything important while her son wandered around listless and bored (to be fair, school was let out early, but I don't see why there isn't equal blame in this situation).

Whatever the case, I was annoyed by Bolt's family sigil. Is he not an Uzumaki?
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-06, 17:47   Link #492
Mikethemaster

Location: Celebrating that Naruhina is cannon! :D Oh were I live Evansville Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticNinjaJay View Post
I feel a sense of closure after reading the Naruto manga and watching the anime for so many years. The final battle between Naruto and Sasuke could have been better but it ended well. The epilogue was great. Everyone seems to want to comment on the pairings so I'll chime in.

I'm glad Naruto ended up with Hinata. The love interest development wasn't the best but it made sense. Hinata was the girl who always admired and accepted Naruto who got over her crush for him and finally confessed her love pushing Naruto over the edge with her sacrifice during the Pain arc. Naruto also fought valiantly for her honor against Neji in a battle that I really feel was the turning point for Naruto. Before then he was seen as a goof who earned the label of loser but he really fought with passion in that battle and the motivation was avenging Hinata.

Sakura and Naruto had no chemistry. Sakura never returned his affection except with a fake confession which Naruto saw through and Naruto at some point accepted that she loved Sasuke. Naruto and Hinata is a pairing that simply made sense. Why shoudn't the hero have the girl who appreciated him from the beginning? The development wasn't great but it is good to see Naruto find some happiness.

Now Sasuke and Sakura.....

I always felt that relationship was unnecessary. Sakura's love for Sasuke was nothing more than a school girl crush on the most popular boy in school. She loved Sasuke for his talent and his antisocial personality seemed to make her even more persistent in winning his affection. Sasuke showed no interest in Sakura throughout the ENTIRE manga, considering her to be an annoyance and even tried to kill her. But that girl still maintained her childish crush through it all.

I know people cringe at them being a couple but here's another way of looking at it. The Naruto-Sakura-Sasuke love triangle served to bolster the rivalry between Naruto and Sasuke. Naruto likes Sakura who has no interest in him and Sakura likes Sasuke who is depicted as asexual and not interested in her until the very end. The love triangle served a purpose for the story. The pairing while odd given Sasuke's physical and emotional abuse of Sakura serves one purpose. It gives Sasuke a new family filling the void left by the death of his parents and his brother. With Sakura he's able to find peace.

Let's not forget how screwed up Sasuke was throughout the manga. His derangement was caused by Itachi's massacre of the Uchiha clan and all the additional drama surrounding it. Sasuke had no time for girls when all he could think about was revenge and later evil plots to justify his place in the world. Now he can just be a normal guy and I think accepting Sakura's love is a step in the right direction.

Finally it was GREAT to see Naruto as the 7th Hokage. He finally got what he wanted and he seems to be up to the task of continuing the legacy of protecting the village. If there is more Naruto to come I welcome it but for now this is a fitting end.
+30 likes
I agree with everything you said some narusaku fans said that narusaku needed no movie because well its Narusaku but really i would asspull if Sakura said she loved Naruto right after she confessed to Sasuke. They would need a movie to sort out how they truly feel about each other first than mov on from there.
Old 2014-11-06, 17:49   Link #493
janipani

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
In all honesty NaruSaku made far more sense to me than SasuSaku and NaruHina. If Kishi did not make her Sasuke obsessed for no real reason but simply being obsessed, it would work out.

Kishi has horrific writing skills when it comes to romance.
I would claim that no writing skills what comes to romance and women. But he has to be hopelessly romantic though because he is just unable to have any character growth in sector of love interests.

If he wanted to make NaruHina believable, he should had made us a moment of realization like "Damn, that girl is not half bad", "Damn, she actually has some charm", and then shown us several such cases where Naturo is wondering, "hey why didn't I notice her like this before".

But now... it's more like.. "Okay,, that bitch likes me. So... and you know they respect more married leaders. So... I take her. It's like fucking a sister, but what can I do, this is all Kishi had set up for me."

-Best anime was made in 80s-
janipani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-06, 17:58   Link #494
sayde

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
That's an awful idea. Kage Bushins are not people. There are chakra automatons, made for specific actions. Sure, Naruto could make one to look after his children, and they would technically have some semblance of his personality, but they are not him, and once the kids get old enough and they know they were only being taken care of by a clone, they would be heart broken.
I thought the clones are basically exact copies of the original in terms of personality and appearance. This actually brings up a decent ethical debate. If you could create a clone that was exactly like you and the clone could even transfer every single detail and bit of experience of their day right back to you upon their leave (as if you were there all along), would that really be so bad of a solution if you were simply too busy to be with your family? And what if you were open and honest with your family about using the clone? Would it still be a bad or unethical idea? Seems like a practical move to me since I just look at KB's as an extension of one's own self.
Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
Why didn't you also indicate Hinata's apparent laziness in this situation? Why wasn't she there to pick up her son from school? It's not like she was doing anything important while her son wandered around listless and bored (to be fair, school was let out early, but I don't see why there isn't equal blame in this situation).
I don't recall any of the parents picking up their children from the academy. The children are probably considered old enough to find their own ways home. No need for Hinata to embarrass her son by being the only parent to pick him up straight after school. (though after the stunt he pulled, I could see that being a good punishment.)

Last edited by sayde; 2014-11-06 at 18:10.
sayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-06, 18:02   Link #495
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRob View Post
How come in Shikamaru's family line all the males look exactly the same? Do they clone them?
The seed is too lazy to be bothered to take on any maternal attributes lol
Old 2014-11-06, 18:08   Link #496
Alchemist007
*Author

Good ol' Tsunade. Everyone's getting older but she stays lookin the same!
Old 2014-11-06, 18:10   Link #497
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist007 View Post
Good ol' Tsunade. Everyone's getting older but she stays lookin the same!
I'd almost say that she looked younger lol
Old 2014-11-06, 18:13   Link #498
Akashin

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayde View Post
I thought the clones are basically exact copies of the original in terms of personality and appearance. This actually brings up a decent ethical debate. If you could create a clone that was exactly like you and the clone could even transfer every single detail and bit of experience of their day right back to you upon their leave (as if you were there all along), would that really be so bad of a solution if you were simply too busy to be with your family?
Depends upon the perspective I suppose. In theory it doesn't sound so bad, but for a child who wants the attention and presence of their parent, even the best made clone would probably feel like a cheap alternative. I could easily see Bolt (and probably Himawari, though Bolt is the one we saw behave this way) resenting the idea of a clone being a stand-in for Naruto actually being there for him, even if it is virtually the same, simply because it still creates the impression that he comes second to what Naruto feels he needs to be personally present for.
Akashin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-06, 18:14   Link #499
sayde

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akashin View Post
Depends upon the perspective I suppose. In theory it doesn't sound so bad, but for a child who wants the attention and presence of their parent, even the best made clone would probably feel like a cheap alternative. I could easily see Bolt (and probably Himawari, though Bolt is the one we saw behave this way) resenting the idea of a clone being a stand-in for Naruto actually being there for him, even if it is virtually the same, simply because it still creates the impression that he comes second to what Naruto feels he needs to be personally present for.
Then have the clone do the work!
sayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-06, 18:16   Link #500
Akashin

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayde View Post
Then have the clone do the work!
Exactly, that would be the easy answer, and probably the one that Bolt would think of ("Why is dad sending a clone to be with me when he could have a clone do his work and be with me himself?" or something along those lines).
Akashin is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
series ending, weekly spoiler discussion