AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2017-04-02, 04:08   Link #1181
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skaddix View Post
I don't know about how its going down in Japan.
But the Gundam Reddit Page is none too happy.
Japan is mixed from what I'm seeing. Some are happy that most everyone lived and had a good life and Atra had a kid, but at the same time, many are pretty disappointed in Rustal winning.
They seem to like Julietta and Gali being together, but that's a bit mixed to. But I get the feeling that it's overall disappointment from the comments I see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight_SV View Post
this series is on the same level as GSD and G-reconguista now
GSD maybe, but at least it didn't have Shinn. And any show without Shinn at least has THAT to say about it. And IBO S2 DID start off pretty good to start with, but fell somewhere half way.

G-reco was just bad because you couldn't understand a thing of what was going on. People and groups would just come out of nowhere and do things and you didn't know who they were or their purpose. The entire thing became really muddled. And this is from someone who actually watched the series the entire way through, and I STILL can't tell you what happened!

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Irenesharda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-02, 04:08   Link #1182
Skaddix

I assume the message was hope the establishment has a conscious and lets you take the slow political route. I cant understand all the Japanese so I am confused as to why Rustal didn't just polish off all of Tekkadan and Kudelia while he was at it.

Can you understand the Japanese then? Can you tell me why Rustal didn't just kill them all?

But yeah the Japanese Fanbase is mixed. From what I can tell the Western Fanbase is pretty pissed.

Julietta victorious with the Barbatos Head on her sword is not being taken well.
Skaddix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-02, 04:15   Link #1183
Irenesharda

Quote:
I assume the message was hope the establishment has a conscious and lets you take the slow political route. I cant understand all the Japanese so I am confused as to why Rustal didn't just polish off all of Tekkadan and Kudelia while he was at it.

Can you understand the Japanese then? Can you tell me why Rustal didn't just kill them all?
I'm seeing something about Kudelia fighting to abolish the establishment of human debris.

I think Ride has gone rogue on his own, even taking on Orga's old scarf look. Some are suggesting that he might eventually go after Rustal and friends.

I'm not sure why Rustal didn't go after them, I've read some comments that say something about Julietta and Gaelio sticking up for them and that the illusion of defeating Tekkadan did what it was supposed to do. But I'm not sure about that. We'll have to wait until subs or someone who knows Japanese a heck of a lot better than I do.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2017-04-02, 04:16   Link #1184
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author

Quote:

But yeah the Japanese Fanbase is mixed. From what I can tell the Western Fanbase is pretty pissed.

Julietta victorious with the Barbatos Head on her sword is not being taken well.
The ending seems to be taken well by chinese fanbase. I frequent chinese tieba and they have been in watching-a-trainwreck mode since Season 2. They also root for Rustal side and not a fan of Tekkadan

Then again the place is full of trolls as well
Old 2017-04-02, 04:19   Link #1185
Skaddix

Hmm I wonder is that a commentary on the Chinese Political Scene?

Cause America is big on rooting for the underdog and the revolutionary under the boot of an unjust government.

Yeah no I got the Human Debris Abolition stuff.
I am just not sure why Rustal didn't knock off more members.
I cant actually see Julietta carrying one bit.
Galieo though I guess that makes sense.
Old 2017-04-02, 04:22   Link #1186
Knight_SV

Quote:
Originally Posted by FerrusManus View Post
So the morale of the story is: The establishmet always wins, and don't challenge authority, or else you get crushed. A really, really nice message...
a bad message. even it oppressed people and causing them to die horribly slowly

the show have fell halfway since idok used dainsleif to slaughter the turbines. it become the deus ex machina BS plot armor of this series.
at least idiok deserve that kind of dead
Knight_SV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-02, 04:23   Link #1187
Skaddix

Ferrus is being sarcastic. As can be noted by the ...

Course its not just the moral of the story that is the problem.

It just doesn't feel like the Antagonist earned their win. Thanks to absurd Plot Armor, Nerfs toward the Heroes and the much talked about Idiot Ball.
Old 2017-04-02, 04:54   Link #1188
Knight_SV

i wonder what okada's explanation on making a turn this series from a good season 1 to this kind of trainwreck
Knight_SV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-02, 05:06   Link #1189
Ernietheracefan

I feel sorry with the Griffon twins & Almiria..

While comparing Tamayura with Aria is more like comparing Vividred with SW.
Ernietheracefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-02, 05:42   Link #1190
Irenesharda

I honestly would still watch a prequel series about the Calamity War, at least I know how that one ends.
I would still enjoy seeing Agnika and friends fight MAs.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2017-04-02, 05:44   Link #1191
Skaddix

Yeah but then I have to cheer for the Ancestors of all these Gjhallahorn Members I hate.

Maybe if I get an OVA first where Ride takes care of Business.
Old 2017-04-02, 05:50   Link #1192
Irenesharda

Well, I'm not going to blame the ancestors for their corrupt, horrid, idiotic descendants. 300 years is a bit of a separation. If, as Macky says, they began as heroes, fighting against the bird angel terminators? I want to see it.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2017-04-02, 05:55   Link #1193
Dragon_Slayer_X

The MAs and Gallarhorn history interested me far more than this political drama. Also there were 72 Gundams.......we only saw like 5 of them.

Besides the prequel will obviously be better than this mess of a 2nd season.
Dragon_Slayer_X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-02, 05:56   Link #1194
Skaddix

Yeah at least we know the Mobile Armors wont win and enjoy copious plot armor.
Old 2017-04-02, 06:01   Link #1195
Dragon_Slayer_X

Btw is there any info regarding the creation of the MAs? Did someone mess up with an experimentation with the G-Bit system or something?

Quote:
Yeah at least we know the Mobile Armors wont win and enjoy copious plot armor.
It will have some amazing fights as well, probably.
Old 2017-04-02, 06:12   Link #1196
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon_Slayer_X View Post
Btw is there any info regarding the creation of the MAs? Did someone mess up with an experimentation with the G-Bit system or something?
It's mentioned in Hashmal's bio. MAs were the product of humanity wanting a more efficient way of killing and fighting wars, and at that time there was way too much reliance on everything being automated, especially for the rich. MAs were AI weapons created for this purpose, but they went out of control and became killing machines indiscriminate of anything other than to take human life. They reduced a once very prosperous society and set it back centuries and destroyed a large chunk of humanity. They STILL have not full recovered from that war as society is still not as advanced as it was prior to that war.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2017-04-02, 06:18   Link #1197
FerrusManus

The other moral of the series is that it is okay to be a war criminal as long as everybody is happy after it. It would have been a much better ending if they had killed Rustal and Gaelio became the new head of Gjallerhorn.
FerrusManus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-02, 06:27   Link #1198
Dragon_Slayer_X

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenesharda View Post
It's mentioned in Hashmal's bio. MAs were the product of humanity wanting a more efficient way of killing and fighting wars, and at that time there was way too much reliance on everything being automated, especially for the rich. MAs were AI weapons created for this purpose, but they went out of control and became killing machines indiscriminate of anything other than to take human life. They reduced a once very prosperous society and set it back centuries and destroyed a large chunk of humanity. They STILL have not full recovered from that war as society is still not as advanced as it was prior to that war.
Ah thanks but still i think there should be more to than only that. Maybe someone messed up the system on purpose or some intentional accident happened.

Hasmal with it's Drones looked to me like a fully autonomous G-Bit Command Unit without the human limitation.

I really hope get prequel regarding this or atleast the models/information about some more gundam from the 72.
Old 2017-04-02, 06:29   Link #1199
Aetherdraw

I just realized Ride's taken on both Orga's scarf outfit, and Mika's handgun.
Aetherdraw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-02, 07:02   Link #1200
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Spin off when

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote