AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

View Poll Results: Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans - Episode 50 [END] Rating
Perfect 10 23 23.71%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 16 16.49%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 9 9.28%
7 out of 10 : Good 9 9.28%
6 out of 10 : Average 6 6.19%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 2.06%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 4 4.12%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 1.03%
1 out of 10 : Painful 27 27.84%
Voters: 97. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2017-04-02, 03:53   Link #21
Knight_SV

ending where the antagonists won and live happily without paying for the crimes they did. Okada really seems favor rustal, julietta and gali it seems.
i actually love this series.... but that is no longer. i put this series on the same level as GSD and reconguista now
Knight_SV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-02, 03:54   Link #22
n0m@n
C-Z

Well, for spoiler tags I really don't mind it since I'm here to see what happened to the story quickly as I can.
Though for forum rules we do have to use spoiler tags till the video comes out on youtube (that's how it has been anyways). The new guys didn't know that so they havent been using the spoilers properly ever since IBO and since no one mentioned it I guess its all good for now. Though we did have many people complain about it in older gundam threads and it turned quite messy. Lucky that didn't happen in the past IBO thread.

But with all the deaths I have just read.... Yup. Tomino is satisfied. But the viewers arent (and we have a good damn reason for it).
Old 2017-04-02, 03:58   Link #23
Skaddix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenesharda View Post
Oh yeah, I forgot, someone asked awhile ago about Rustal using Daisleifs against the planet? Well guess how he does his coup de grace against Tekkadan?
They are great weapons. You can fire them from space to planet side with great accuracy and them not burning up on reentry.

You know I have tried to pinpoint the precise point the series entered its nosedive but I think we have it now. Dansliefs entering the story was a one size fits all mass produced plot solution marks the end of this series as quality.

I was under the impression that they didn't have the means to mass produce anymore kinda like them not being able to synch two Ahab Reactors. But boy was I wrong Rustal seems to have no shortage of them.
Skaddix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-02, 04:00   Link #24
Knight_SV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenesharda View Post
Oh yeah, I forgot, someone asked awhile ago about Rustal using Daisleifs against the planet? Well guess how he does his coup de grace against Tekkadan?

Gaelio didn't even do anything but show up at the end in a wheelchair. That piece of trash can join Julietta and Rustal in hell for all I care. Iok is waiting for 'em.
it seems like the av type E implant has been took off but it makes gali's leg paralyzed

dainsleif seems to be the deus ex machina plot armor in this series
Old 2017-04-02, 04:00   Link #25
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by n0m@n View Post
Well, for spoiler tags I really don't mind it since I'm here to see what happened to the story quickly as I can.
Though for forum rules we do have to use spoiler tags till the video comes out on youtube (that's how it has been anyways). The new guys didn't know that so they havent been using the spoilers properly ever since IBO and since no one mentioned it I guess its all good for now. Though we did have many people complain about it in older gundam threads and it turned quite messy. Lucky that didn't happen in the past IBO thread.
Oh, again I'm really sorry! I didn't know since nobody mentioned it. I can't even really tell when the episode shows up on youtube or daisuki since those versions aren't allowed in this country and so I only know when people begin to mention it. Also others in past episodes have not used spoiler tags this early and so I thought using them would be a little redundant.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Irenesharda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-02, 04:04   Link #26
Skaddix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight_SV View Post
it seems like the av type E implant has been took off but it makes gali's leg paralyzed

dainsleif seems to be the deus ex machina plot armor in this series
Poor Poor Gali. He really suffered so so much. He gets a Waifu and cant use his legs. He is the real victim at least according to Okada apparently.

He is the only one who paid a price among Rustal, Gali and Julietta.

Honestly, Gali and Iok paid the price. But really they are the ones who annoyed me the least out of the Rustal Faction. I wanted Rustal and Julietta to pay quite frankly.
Old 2017-04-02, 04:19   Link #27
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skaddix View Post
Poor Poor Gali. He really suffered so so much. He gets a Waifu and cant use his legs. He is the real victim at least according to Okada apparently.

He is the only one who paid a price among Rustal, Gali and Julietta.

Honestly, Gali and Iok paid the price. But really they are the ones who annoyed me the least out of the Rustal Faction. I wanted Rustal and Julietta to pay quite frankly.
I can't stand all four. Rustal is a horrible mass murderer. Iok is a cowardly, idiotic mass murderer, Julietta has been pretty much just a brainless loyal stooge for most of the series, and Gali is the biggest hypocrite I've seen in a while.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2017-04-02, 04:22   Link #28
mweloo

Has anybody ever mentioned Rustal by name to Kudelia? There's a chance that she may not even know that it was him making the guys' lives miserable for most of the season.

Oh, the bitter irony...
mweloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-02, 04:22   Link #29
Skaddix

My point was more if I had to choose between those 4 to pay a price. I rate Rustal as first and Julietta as 2nd.

Galieo is a massive hypocrite. But if my BFF tried to kill me, I can at least understand the reaction from him. The fact that McGillis made a few comments on banging his sister probably didn't help.

Iok was as noted an idiot.

Rustal though was an active monster. Pretty much responsible for the current state of the Galaxy.
ANd Julietta was brainless stooge. Of course, I didn't especially care about Julietta one way or another.

My hatred for her grew massively seeing that scene of her victorious with Barabatos Head on her sword.
Old 2017-04-02, 04:27   Link #30
Knight_SV

overall, this series suffers from poor writing
Old 2017-04-02, 04:30   Link #31
Skaddix

Oh can I also say this was a pretty unsatisfying final stand for two main Gundam Pilot that I can remember.

Sure they got softened up but they were matched against two named pilots who weren't on their level and a whole lot of fodder. As far as final stands go it even disappointed from that front.
Old 2017-04-02, 04:33   Link #32
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by mweloo View Post
Has anybody ever mentioned Rustal by name to Kudelia? There's a chance that she may not even know that it was him making the guys' lives miserable for most of the season.

Oh, the bitter irony...
She would know, it's been years, somebody told her even if she didn't know already.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skaddix View Post
Galieo is a massive hypocrite. But if my BFF tried to kill me, I can at least understand the reaction from him. The fact that McGillis made a few comments on banging his sister probably didn't help.
I don't care what his beef with McGillis was. He basically became an accomplice to tyranny and mass murder and part of the same establishment the he knew was corrupt, simply to feed his selfish, "notice me!" syndrome. And McGillis was always supposed to marry his sister, and it wasn't like Gaelio ever even mentions her. He's totally about "notice me!"
And Macky only said he would take care of her, which he did. (I hold that she was the one person he truly cared about completely) If Gaelio got the wrong impression, that's on him.

The fact that Gaelio never challenges Rustal on all the crap he does, and just goes along with it? I don't care what Macky did, he's just as guilty as Rustal. He's guilty by willing association.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2017-04-02, 04:35   Link #33
Skaddix

I am honestly surprised Ride is the only one going for the Punisher Route.

Kudelia should know. I mean its not that hard to figure out.
Old 2017-04-02, 04:58   Link #34
Ernietheracefan

WTF with the ending..!?

I hate to say this, but this kind of ending makes Delta looks better..

I need sequel without Okada ASAP..

While comparing Tamayura with Aria is more like comparing Vividred with SW.
Ernietheracefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-02, 05:02   Link #35
larkchronicles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernietheracefan View Post
WTF with the ending..!?

I hate to say this, but this kind of ending makes Delta looks better..

I need sequel without Okada ASAP..
Funnily enough, Okada herself mentioned that IBO was more in line with Nagai's (the director) tastes than her own.

I have a feeling we're supposed to be mad at this ending, but I'll await the subtitled video to evaluate further.
larkchronicles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-02, 05:04   Link #36
Skaddix

Well I too want to place the blame on someone else after this one.
Old 2017-04-02, 05:12   Link #37
n0m@n
C-Z

Watched it. Have mixed feelings really.
About Mika vs Julietta....tbh, Mika/Barabatos was pretty much 'dead' after being hit by rains of that forbidden weapon anyway and it was more of Mika/Barbatos going wild and Julietta just took his head after he ran out of energy. I would have been more pissed if Julietta actually beat him but it wasn't as bad as I heard.

But Rustal raising to the top was bad. Juiletta being alive and Galelio in wheelchair is something I can accept. But Rustal....just no. He got a 'free pass' for dozens of offenses he committed so it didn't leave a nice taste to it.
Old 2017-04-02, 05:12   Link #38
tdx

Rustal basically got away with everything, hahaha, wow. No one got revenge on him, Gaelio didn't do anything to him, nothing. Wow.

The only slightly good thing was that Ride manned up and offed the fucking Nobliss. Because the ideal world apparently so ideal that the long hand of justice can't reach fuckers like Nobliss. Of course, how could it when a fucker of an even higher magnitute Rustal runs it. Still, I think that Ride's life wasn't worth to exchange it for Orga's. Kudelia is still a failure at her Maiden of Revolution role. I guess those who wanted a les couple with her and Atra got it though?

All in all, could have been among the best series of the franchise but ended up somewhere at the bottom - and to me personally below even s2 of 00. Heck, I'm starting to feel that even crazy Reconguista was a tad better. As someone pointed out, they tried too hard to take this season, especially its later half, in the opposite direction of s1 and overdid it too much and it ended up ruining everything good.

Well, I'm just relieved it's finally over, I'm freed from it and can just forget it. Yay.
tdx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-02, 05:14   Link #39
Flauros
Loli Hunter

i.. i'm just speechless.
just.. **** you, mari okada. you don't even deserve to write anymore. The plot armor is a ****ing ridiculous one. Seriously? you let rustal and julietta live? SERIOUSLY??

This series WAS good until Naze's death. The plot armor.. yes iok DID die, but how about rustal? and Julietta? how the **** did you let them live after all they had done?

you ****ing ruined what was a beautiful series a gundam with your ridiculous piss poor writing and ****ing ridiculous plot armor. I wish you go to hell, okada. go to hell. **** you okada. **** you.

Last edited by Flauros; 2017-04-02 at 05:16. Reason: typos
Flauros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-02, 05:15   Link #40
Skaddix

Well I well say this for G-Reco, it was inconsistent throughout.
Meanwhile this show went off the cliff so that is even worse to my mind. it could have been great but it went to ****.

What I don't get it why Rustal let them live or is letting any reform go through.