AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

View Poll Results: Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans - Episode 50 [END] Rating
Perfect 10 23 23.71%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 16 16.49%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 9 9.28%
7 out of 10 : Good 9 9.28%
6 out of 10 : Average 6 6.19%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 2.06%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 4 4.12%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 1.03%
1 out of 10 : Painful 27 27.84%
Voters: 97. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2017-04-02, 08:12   Link #101
AlphaVi

I'm finally calming down from my angers, but I still think Mika's fight with Julietta should be more and ending with a "tie" where both Barbatos and Reginlaze got totaled but with Mika dying and Julietta wounded.

Also, wtf, Rustal.. He completely changed 180 in an instant. Was hoping Gaelio to expose his crimes, but no... He kept his mouth shut. I liked you in season 1 and as Vidar, Gaelio, you messed up.

Overall the epilogue is what I expected it to be (except for Ride) and it's not that bad.. It's just a little anticlimactic.
AlphaVi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-02, 08:15   Link #102
foxbox360
New Age Badass

Its a bittersweet ending, It was a better ending than Zeta Gundam but more bitter than Victory Gundam.
Old 2017-04-02, 08:16   Link #103
Crossthought

mika makes hashmal so proud
Crossthought is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-02, 08:26   Link #104
VTHokiePride

Sad to see this show go. I enjoyed seeing Mika and Akihiro trash Gjallarhorn's mobile suits. For a second I thought the plot armor was going to protect Iok.
Old 2017-04-02, 08:39   Link #105
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

So if Akatsuki is here, would Merribit's children be called Strike Freedom and Infinite Justice?

Seriously speaking though, Atra grew to be as tall as Kudelia. I thought she was naturally short like Mika, but the epilogue proves she wasn't done with her growth spurt yet. Man, was she like 14 when she had Akatsuki? O_o

My only complaint about this series is that Gaelio didn't take over Gjallahorn, or tried to take down Rustal. He was for reform after all, though I guess Rustal being the smart man that he is, Rustal went to reform before another civil war happens since the skeletons are already out in the closet. Oh well, at least Gaelio gets to go out with Julieta. It's actually funny because that Gaelio in the epilogue is the Gaelio before he got betrayed, and it meshes well with Julietta's more stern personality; before it was just Gaelio hell-bent set for revenge while Julietta is the naive doe-eyed girl who hasn't known the true reality of the people around her. I dig it.

Overall though, as someone who never really got into UC Gundam, I certainly like this Gundam the best out of all them. Loved all the political backstabbing, the main villain is actually pretty darn smart, the military is not just a bunch of moving targets, the gundams are powerful but not invincible, and most of all, it focused on the interpersonal relationships between the many faces we've seen over the course of the series.

Just a hair over 00 though, since 00 series felt self contained (so plus major points - yeah 00 movies don't exist lol), while here I feel as if they left enough loose ends that it's practically begging for a sequel OVA or movie. Almira after all is still out there (potential new heroine?), and Ride probably wouldn't stop with Gordon and go after Rustal himself, so it isn't out of the realm of possiblity with Bael looking unscathed. Either that or they purposely left these loose ends to drive home the idea that this Gundam isn't the fairy tale story with its happily ever after.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-02, 08:43   Link #106
mickbis

The thing that IBO manage to do a very good job is "Tekkadan"
I really like the Tekkadan family more than many character in previous title
They manage to make me feel really sad seeing many of those character gone one by one due to the cruel situation they got into..
all they want is the place where they truly belong and this is the one the very reason why I follow IBO.. to see them acquire the happiness they seek in the end maybe that is a bit too much I guess

The ending song will most likely change my mood to sad every time I hear
a very beautiful song but extremely sad
mickbis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-02, 08:45   Link #107
dragon1412

the ending it self didn't seem so bad to me, but I still give it 1/10 for the following reason:
1 - plot armor, fact is, Rustal, Iok, Julietta and Gaelio would be absolutely failed without their ridiculous level of plot armor. Gaelio survive a hit to the cockpit in season 1, Idiok and Julietta is self-explained, and Rustal can only get so far because his underlings get so many plot armor.

2 - While I do understand that it's the nature cause, getting Rustal to lead was very poor writing on author's part, seriously, does anyone here actually expect Rustal to do any actual good things when he is in power ????

3 - We knew that Tekkadan is no heroes and they do terrible things themselves so people could say they received their own consequent, but let's face it. Rustal get away with all the power and absolutely no repercussion for what he did, the guy committing multiple war crimes and getting out with not just absolutely no problem, even gaining power in the process. I don't get what is going through Okada's head when she is writing this

4 - The moral of the story is ..... what ???? "being covered with luck will make you win ???" seriously, Tekkadan was abused kids who was forced to fight to survive, the moment GH mounted an attack on CGS Tekkadan kids having no other choice but to fight against them otherwise GH would try to eliminated them all. And we have GH and ultimately Rustal who fought to cover their dirty deed and won in the end ????
dragon1412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-02, 09:03   Link #108
ReddyRedWolf

Thinking about it Rustal winning doesn't mean Gjallarhorn is strong quite the opposite. It showed the organization is weak.
  • The crisis showed divisions in Gjallarhorn due to corruption and abuse of power.
  • Tekkadan and McGillis killed a a lot on their own with AV. McGillis has shown to the public AV for adults are possible. Part of the taboo over AV is that it is used on children.
  • While Rustal used Railguns it doesn't mean others can't have have them if Teiwaz an manufacture them so can others.
  • Power Blocs and Teiwaz has a bone to pick with Gjallarhorn if corruption still continued plus somebody has to have blackmail material on Rustal.
  • Gjallarhorn can't win fighting everybody as the Power Blocs are building their own forces and Gjallarhorn monopoly of Ahab reactors may not last.
  • Iok is dead and Gaelio doesn't want anything to do with Rustal anymore means nobody will follow Rustal after he dies keeping Gjallarhorn on top and everybody else down.

Goodness if they do a sequel I can see Ride and Almira team up and break the peace.

On the ending I see a trend with real robot mecha writers in the 2010's letting war criminals not get their comeuppance due to their perception of history with Japan in the past not being on the right side of history.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-02, 09:04   Link #109
Knight_SV

in the end Rustal took credit for what McGillis actually wanted to fulfill and paints McG as the villain and Tekkadan as the scapegoat though everyone has forget about it.
I dont believe Rustal is truly reform now, in the front he might shown like that but who knows in behind he still do dirty and shady works
Knight_SV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-02, 09:07   Link #110
Fairy Water

F*ckin Galigali is so dam useless and smooth.
Don't u regret killing Makky now!!! Shut up or I-I might want to forgive you!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post

Seriously speaking though, Atra grew to be as tall as Kudelia. I thought she was naturally short like Mika, but the epilogue proves she wasn't done with her growth spurt yet. Man, was she like 14 when she had Akatsuki? O_o
According to the wiki, Atra was 16 by ss2

Little Akatsuki is so precious he is the tiny little happiness of Mika's legacy left in this world for Atra. If only he gets to see his son or if only Hush uncle could be there to play with little Akatsuki ; A ;

Ride is too cool, purity done right but I hope he leads a better life after this. I see Game of Thrones's death reference here
Fairy Water is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-02, 09:08   Link #111
NBG

Great ending
Wow did not expect it to end so well
Loved this series
7/10
NBG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-02, 09:10   Link #112
RES-01 Perses Gundam
A Contradiction Beneath

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon1412 View Post
3 - We knew that Tekkadan is no heroes and they do terrible things themselves so people could say they received their own consequent, but let's face it. Rustal get away with all the power and absolutely no repercussion for what he did, the guy committing multiple war crimes and getting out with not just absolutely no problem, even gaining power in the process. I don't get what is going through Okada's head when she is writing this

4 - The moral of the story is ..... what ???? "being covered with luck will make you win ???" seriously, Tekkadan was abused kids who was forced to fight to survive, the moment GH mounted an attack on CGS Tekkadan kids having no other choice but to fight against them otherwise GH would try to eliminated them all. And we have GH and ultimately Rustal who fought to cover their dirty deed and won in the end ????
Well, history is written by victors. US bombed the heck out of Japan, vaporised thousands in an instant and still got away scot-free.

Even if he got exposed, Rustal still restored stability to the world, reformed Gjallarhorn and practically delivered Mars its independence on a silver platter (although he was probably blackmailed into doing so by Teiwaz). So tell me again why any international tribunal in the IBO world would want to indict Rustal, who is publicly hailed and valorised as a hero?

Sure it's downright disconcerting that the "bad guys" won, but forcefully removing Rustal from power would probably throw the world back into chaos and anarchy, just like what US did by deposing Saddam and forcefully dismantling his Baath regime. Plus many of the "good guys" survived, Kudelia is in a position of power and influence to put things right, many of them are leading normal lives, looking to the future instead of being haunted by memories of war. I think these all point to a rather positive ending, all things considered
RES-01 Perses Gundam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-02, 09:14   Link #113
Ernietheracefan

At least Azee is still alive..(I haven't watching this yet)

The sequel: Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-blooded Avenger.
The prequel: Agnika Kaieru wa Yuusha de Aru.

While comparing Tamayura with Aria is more like comparing Vividred with SW.
Ernietheracefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-02, 09:19   Link #114
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
the ending it self didn't seem so bad to me, but I still give it 1/10 for the following reason:
1 - plot armor, fact is, Rustal, Iok, Julietta and Gaelio would be absolutely failed without their ridiculous level of plot armor. Gaelio survive a hit to the cockpit in season 1, Idiok and Julietta is self-explained, and Rustal can only get so far because his underlings get so many plot armor.

2 - While I do understand that it's the nature cause, getting Rustal to lead was very poor writing on author's part, seriously, does anyone here actually expect Rustal to do any actual good things when he is in power ????

1. Yeah, but nobody complained when the good guys received stronger plot armor back then. So, what gives? If people want to complain about something, it must be equal, not double standard.
  2. No, but that's life. We use what we have and took the best action out of it like what Kudelia did. And Rustal seem content with this kind of peace and order. After all, real politics is never clean as compromises must be made. Kudelia herself can be put behind bars since her whole endeavor is done with Nobliss' dirty money and mafia's help since Season 1.
  3. Maybe she’s channeling Real World a bit? I mean, look at Kim Jong Un and Trump. “Bad guys always lose” is the thing of fairy tales. In reality, bad guys can win. In fact, a lot of bad guys win IRL.
  4. I'll just quote myself :
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
    The morals are:

"Entrepreneurship is good, but don't be too greedy"
    "Shit happens"
    and
    "Eat your vegetables, kids!"

Oh, and this too:
    Quote:
    "Don't start a revolution with poor planning and insufficient resources"
    I rarely ever praise Gundam Wing, but when it comes to coup and dethroning old regime who controls the most powerful armed organization, McG really needs to learn from Treize .
On the ending I see a trend with real robot mecha writers in the 2010's letting war criminals not get their comeuppance due to their perception of history with Japan in the past not being on the right side of history.
Now that you mentioned it, the previous mech series that was similar to IBO was Argevollen and I like that one. It also has bittersweet ending where the weapons dealers actually got off scott-free because they were simply and logically out of reach from our protags. Man, I want to rewatch it again while waiting for IBOS2 BDs.
Old 2017-04-02, 09:23   Link #115
Twi

Quote:
Originally Posted by RES-01 Perses Gundam View Post
Well, history is written by victors. US bombed the heck out of Japan, vaporised thousands in an instant and still got away scot-free.

Even if he got exposed, Rustal still restored stability to the world, reformed Gjallarhorn and practically delivered Mars its independence on a silver platter (although he was probably blackmailed into doing so by Teiwaz). So tell me again why any international tribunal in the IBO world would want to indict Rustal, who is publicly hailed and valorised as a hero?

Sure it's downright disconcerting that the "bad guys" won, but forcefully removing Rustal from power would probably throw the world back into chaos and anarchy, just like what US did by deposing Saddam and forcefully dismantling his Baath regime. Plus many of the "good guys" survived, Kudelia is in a position of power and influence to put things right, many of them are leading normal lives, looking to the future instead of being haunted by memories of war. I think these all point to a rather positive ending, all things considered
I'd sincerely suggest leaving real world incidents out of it.

Ultimately though, it's just bitter overall that this was the best outcome we got. It's like saying as long as peace is attained, who cares how we got it.
Old 2017-04-02, 09:32   Link #116
Azurial

Man Ride looks really like Setsuna with that clothing and when hes walking with the gun .....I sense a prequel where Ride form a new Terrorist organization and bring down his enemies starting with Rustal

What I not happy about IBO is......where is the other remaining MS i want to see it
Azurial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-02, 09:36   Link #117
dragon1412

Quote:
  1. Yeah, but nobody complained when the good guys received stronger plot armor back then. So, what gives? If people want to complain about something, it must be equal, not double standard.
  2. No, but that's life. We use what we have and took the best action out of it like what Kudelia did. And Rustal seem content with this kind of peace and order. After all, real politics is never clean as compromises must be made. Kudelia herself can be put behind bars since her whole endeavor is done with Nobliss' dirty money and mafia's help.
  3. Maybe she’s channeling Real World a bit? I mean, look at Kim Jong Un and Trump. “Bad guys always lose” is the thing of a fairy tales. In reality, bad guys can win. In fact, a lot of bad guys win IRL.
  4. I'll just quote myself :

Now that you mentioned it, the previous mech series that was similar to IBO was Argevollen and I like that one. It also has bittersweet ending where the weapons dealers actually got off scott-free because they were simply and logically out of reach from our protags. Man, I want to rewatch it again while waiting for IBOS2 BDs.
well I still don't think anyone in this series could possibly trump over Idiok's level of plot armor.

I did said that I understand that is the nature course in point 2 above. Point was how he win, I mean, I do understand that it impossible to do anything to Rustal the moment the result was decided, He was the one who keep the entire forces together. It was mostly the bad aftertaste and the whole level of plot armor and dumb bomb on McGillis to make team Rustal win. Heck I even knew of a novel about a bad guy as MC, and trust me, his level of evil put even those guy from Overlord to a kiddy play, but he is smart, and he trial and test his plan over and over until he success, at any case, while still acknowledge him as evil, I still admit the guy plan deserved the victory.

P.S: Was Trump that bad ?? not an American so I don't know, but my teacher back in school said he was amazing
dragon1412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-02, 09:38   Link #118
RES-01 Perses Gundam
A Contradiction Beneath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twi View Post
I'd sincerely suggest leaving real world incidents out of it.

Ultimately though, it's just bitter overall that this was the best outcome we got. It's like saying as long as peace is attained, who cares how we got it.
Sure, if you are prepared to forget that IBO is probably one of the most realistic depiction of war we've got

I don't think anyone actually finished the series without having a bitter aftertaste. But if you want to confine the discussion in-universe, all our beloved characters knew what they were getting into from day 1 - it's either they win and become Kings of Mars or get trounced and face the music. Orga's last words even stated outright we should look towards the future: mourn us all you want, sure, but don't let revenge or a desire for comeuppance inhibit your fight for the future. Plus, their legacy lives on with Kudelia and co., and even Julietta too - it's not as if they died meaningless deaths, as much as we want to think their miserable ends is an insult to all that is good in the world.
RES-01 Perses Gundam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-02, 09:43   Link #119
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
well I still don't think anyone in this series could possibly trump over Idiok's level of plot armor.
I think Iok's plot armor is more of a gimmick than something too plot relevant. And you have Chad & Makanai surviving point-blank explosion without even one visible scar. Also, after his massacre, Iok didn't really do anything much until his gruesome death this episode.

Quote:
P.S: Was Trump that bad ?? not an American so I don't know, but my teacher back in school said he was amazing
IIRC he have never properly tried & punished for his sexual assault crimes. There's also the Russia debacle and god knows what else he did.
Old 2017-04-02, 09:44   Link #120
Diluc
Darkhero of Monstadt

Hoo been a while i watched Gundam where the MC met tragic end,this bring me back to Universe Century Gundam's.
No comment for this series but i am not lying this ending entertained me. Not many writers dare to take ending favor villain especially in Gundam. That to being said this is good ending but sunrise seriously need to make season 3 to complete the IBO the watchers will not satisfy with such ending , i don't mind Ride as MC but Akatsuki most likely will be the mc because he was the mc son.

Well, if Ride the MC then Almira can be heroine because i think those two at same age ooh wait did i start to let my imagination to shipping them now?
Diluc is offline   Reply With Quote