Dark_Sun
I LOVE YOU!

RAGNAROK: the animation?

whoa!...i hope its what i think. u?
Old 2004-04-07, 15:26   Link #2
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

It probably is, but don't get it from that "^_^" group. They're the ones who did that early Midori no Hibi sub, and they SUCKED. HARD.

It'd be okay if they were just new, but they're new AND they do a lazy job translating. (they even left entire blocks of conversation out on Midori no Hibi)
Old 2004-04-07, 15:49   Link #3
davFunereal
Village watchman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinova
They're the ones who did that early Midori no Hibi sub, and they SUCKED. HARD.
It'd be okay if they were just new, but they're new AND they do a lazy job translating. (they even left entire blocks of conversation out on Midori no Hibi)
In the defense of ^_^, you're exagerrating. The newer Midori release, A-E, is more complete, but cut them some slack -- they didn't skip any conversations. I for one am going to give them another shot.

Wasn't the biggest problem that they missed a few jokes? No karaoke either.
Old 2004-04-07, 16:24   Link #4
Dark_Sun
I LOVE YOU!

well maybe they got better
Old 2004-04-07, 16:34   Link #5
condi
Jonny-san

Send a message via MSN to condi
dude why you complaining?

I enjoyed Midori no Hibi so damn much so I cant wait until episode 2

if it wasnt for the " ^_^ " fansub group

I couldnt have found this great anime ...
If you complain so much then dont dl at least they are trying their best...
Old 2004-04-07, 16:53   Link #6
BOZZY

I wouldn't mind downloading the ^_^ version if only they had an IRC channel... Bit Torrent is usually super slow on my PC because of the way my network/internet is setup (plus no one at home knows the password to access the firewall software to open up certain ports)...

But hey missing entire convo parts in anime episodes... I coulda sworn that's happend in a few episodes of Tokyopop episode of GTO (subbed) and in an episode Funimation's Fruit Baskets... :P
Old 2004-04-07, 17:23   Link #7
SimplyEd
Claytard

To get this thread back on-topic, i have to say that the first episode of Ragnarök was good but nothing special at all..unfortunately. Now, if the chara-design would have been a bit closer to Lee Myung-Jin's style in the manhwa i would have been sooooooooo happy..but now i must say that the overall look is nice and cute...but again, nothing special. Still, i see some potential in this show, so let's wait and see
Old 2004-04-07, 17:24   Link #8
ZGMF-X10A
Tsukiyomi -Moon Phase-

Send a message via MSN to ZGMF-X10A
i just saw the raw episode of this.. awsome anime... can't wait to download the subbed version.. >.< download error
Old 2004-04-07, 17:53   Link #9
Dark_Sun
I LOVE YOU!

whoa..i guess it IS based on the game...they start at prontera! LOL

and they have stuff like "heal" and levels..this will be fun
Old 2004-04-07, 18:10   Link #10
144M_HYPERION
Miracle Yang !!

This anime kinda reminds me of .Hack//DUSK

Anyways I am looking forward to it. Hopefully fansub will be available soon
Old 2004-04-07, 18:15   Link #11
Prince of Chronics
One Piece fan

I never read the comic... but the game was alright... and I can only expect the same thing from the anime... I read all the above posts and no one seems to say anything about ^_^'s fansub of Ragnarok... is it even worth the download? cuz I don't really care about stuff like perfect timing, sub and karaoke.... I basically just need to understand what is going on..... would the ^_^ release satisfy that? thanks!
Old 2004-04-07, 18:22   Link #12
Shinseiki

i think its a good sub, exept two thing, two error ^^

First Error : Clock Tower Keeper dont exist, its Clock Tower Manager in the game.

Second Error : the magician girl wear a Blinker and not a blindfol.

Exept that, the rest is good.
Old 2004-04-07, 18:29   Link #13
hanlerris

Getting confused here. Is there any relation between the anime and the manwha and the online game? They all have the same name....
Old 2004-04-07, 18:32   Link #14
Shinseiki

the game is made from the manwha and the anime is made from the game.
Old 2004-04-07, 18:53   Link #15
Master Ran
The Invincible Dawn

Ah...Tower Keeper...finally found a pic from ragnamart.

The anime was OK but it would have been awesome if they used the anime style of the Gravity Ragnarok Online OP anime.

Btw, the swordsman looks kinda lame but pretty sure some hidden powers will be develop in the near future...like when he becomes a knight and be able to ride a Peco Peco... lol

Hey, that was an Oxygen/Gas mask, right?
Geezz...I hate knights, someone ran off with my ora ora after i killed a golden bug.

Master Ran
Old 2004-04-07, 19:19   Link #16
Shinseiki

Tower Keeper in ragnamart ? ble, sprite name inside client is better source ^^, "c_tower_manager.spr".

Quote:
The anime was OK but it would have been awesome if they used the anime style of the Gravity Ragnarok Online OP anime.

Totaly agree ^^

Quote:
Btw, the swordsman looks kinda lame but pretty sure some hidden powers will be develop in the near future...like when he becomes a knight and be able to ride a Peco Peco... lol
it can become a crusader too

Quote:
Hey, that was an Oxygen/Gas mask, right?
Geezz...I hate knights, someone ran off with my ora ora after i killed a golden bug.
yes its Gas Mask, Oxygen Mask is a Pet Armor for Chonchon, Steel Chonchon and Hunterfly] and i hate Knight too, just barbarian i prefer Assassin or Wizard
Old 2004-04-07, 19:37   Link #17
futago

The first episode sucks, cant really draw any interest, but hopefully it'll get better in the future. Remember Final Fantasy Unlimitted? A disgrace to the game, geez...
Old 2004-04-07, 20:08   Link #18
A Lamer
あほぉ&

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinseiki
it can become a crusader too
Except crusaders are ugly as hell, where as knights are cool

I hesitate to download this. Not only are there no reliable groups (something I wouldnt classify "^_^") subbing it, but also because it looks like gonzo studios is going to fuck it up. I mean shit, they already made the character designs hidious.

I also am not quite sure I like the "I'm level <insert number>!" etc thing, indicating its actually a game. dot hack was a good series, but I dont want the same happening for RO, I'd rather see it as another dimension/time, than pixels on a computer screen, and a mouse guiding them.
Old 2004-04-07, 20:11   Link #19
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Lamer
I hesitate to download this. Not only are there no reliable groups (something I wouldnt classify "^_^") subbing it, but also because it looks like gonzo studios is going to fuck it up. I mean shit, they already made the character designs hidious.
The show is animated by the Korean studio G&G Entertainment, NOT by GONZO (Moonphase screwed it up). GDH (Gonzo's parent company) is one of the production partners but they don't really have anything to do with the creative work.

And I don't see what's wrong with the character design either... The concept arts look so-so, but they don't look bad in the anime itself.

The whole plot of the first episode, however is pretty poor.
Old 2004-04-07, 20:19   Link #20
ZGMF-X10A
Tsukiyomi -Moon Phase-

Send a message via MSN to ZGMF-X10A
i just finish downlaoding the subbed version ... i like the fighting part... i agree the warrior guy looks so lame... i like the whm(whitemage)... >.< i wonder who that girl is in the next episode... she looks pretty kawaii...
Closed Thread