Notices

Old 2006-05-23, 09:58   Link #1261
heroplant

thx,know any anime with the same drawing style? =P
heroplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-26, 14:49   Link #1262
danikz

Send a message via MSN to danikz
hi there!! i think i´m on the right thread...as i can see that all of you like Elfen... i want an opinion from someone else who has seen Elfen Lied...

Yesterday i went to the movies and watched X-Men3... and there´s a scene where Jean is standing on a bridge, and all the soldiers start firing at her, she stops all the bullets on the air they float there for a second or two...and they all drop together to the ground... does this ring a bell??

i thought of lucy as i was watching that scene... but i don't have many friends who have watched elfen...so here i am, asking you if you have seen XMEN!!
danikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-26, 15:06   Link #1263
Forbin
I'm a sucker for Harem

Quote:
Originally Posted by danikz
hi there!! i think i´m on the right thread...as i can see that all of you like Elfen... i want an opinion from someone else who has seen Elfen Lied...

Yesterday i went to the movies and watched X-Men3... and there´s a scene where Jean is standing on a bridge, and all the soldiers start firing at her, she stops all the bullets on the air they float there for a second or two...and they all drop together to the ground... does this ring a bell??

i thought of lucy as i was watching that scene... but i don't have many friends who have watched elfen...so here i am, asking you if you have seen XMEN!!
Do you know how many movies use that idea? Matrix is one.

And pretty much any movie that has Psychics, so this isn't unique to Xmen.

1) By and Large...they are ** and *****.
2) What kind of girls do Anime Otaku males want? ..................... Female.
3) The odds are good, that the goods are odd.
Forbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-26, 17:19   Link #1264
danikz

Send a message via MSN to danikz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forbin
Do you know how many movies use that idea? Matrix is one.

And pretty much any movie that has Psychics, so this isn't unique to Xmen.
you haven't seen the movie..if you had...you'd realize that is that they are using the same idea.... they are copying the scene... i couldn't help to think of lucy standing there doing the same exact thing.... i´m not asking for the idea.. i´m asking for the scene... i think that anyone who has seen elfen lied... goes to the movies, watch Xmen and think of lucy when they see that scene...
danikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-26, 20:27   Link #1265
SkyDragon
Addicted To Anime

Oh boy!!! I love this series. I need to rewatch it again during summer when my exams are done.
SkyDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-26, 21:52   Link #1266
Yorae_paladin1

Quote:
Originally Posted by danikz
you haven't seen the movie..if you had...you'd realize that is that they are using the same idea.... they are copying the scene... i couldn't help to think of lucy standing there doing the same exact thing.... i´m not asking for the idea.. i´m asking for the scene... i think that anyone who has seen elfen lied... goes to the movies, watch Xmen and think of lucy when they see that scene...
Spoiler:
Yorae_paladin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-27, 18:00   Link #1267
Saint Starr

Send a message via AIM to Saint Starr Send a message via MSN to Saint Starr
I am so behind on the good anime watching. Man, I've only seen the first episode. And that was along time ago! It was Ondemand at the time.

I'm going to buy the DVD though, but something...i am not sure what, makes me think im going to have to have my parents get it for me.
Saint Starr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-28, 00:19   Link #1268
gmanr26

I thought this show was lame to average to tell the truth....
I mean it had some action... lots of blood... and wasnt really my cup of tea...

I'd give it a 5.5/10
gmanr26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-30, 22:24   Link #1269
alfredo_rdz

hands

hello guys, i'd like to know if the position of the hands has any meaning, i guess it does, i don't know if u noticed it in the opening and in one of the last chapters, but lucy's hand has a specific position, like a W or something like that, i mean, the middle and the 4th fingher are togrther, i don't know if u could help me, i'm trying to find out.

P.S. watch School Rumble, u gonna love it.
alfredo_rdz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-01, 03:12   Link #1270
toru310

Actually when Lucy's horn got broken I think the presence of Lucy disappeared because of the horns. Atleast that happened in the manga.

Last edited by toru310; 2007-01-09 at 07:07.
toru310 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-01, 10:54   Link #1271
PastPrime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Binsentsu
at the end of the series who was the person in the door?
its kinda freaky in some ways cause it kind of reminds me of a horor movie.
That has already been discussed. It couldn't be Lucy because Nana would have felt her. It is up to each person as to weither or not they want to think that it is Nyu or someone else.
PastPrime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-02, 20:39   Link #1272
toru310

ahhh i see.....

Last edited by toru310; 2007-01-09 at 07:05.
toru310 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-03, 10:43   Link #1273
PastPrime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Binsentsu
ok then i don't have to think about it anymore.
There is one thing. If there were enough DVD sales to cause them to do a sequel then they would probably start there with it being Nyu.
Old 2006-06-06, 05:02   Link #1274
lommm
l'homme de lommm

i choose to see it as the lonely girl that kohta fell in love with when he was a child...

it's no longer the angry, hate-filled lucy that nana knows so well, so nana would not recognize her... plus, with both her horns gone, perhaps she is totally changed...

i don't think it's the nyu we know from early in the series... in that, i don't think it will be the little girl sounding total innocent... but it is the new lucy that is filled with nyu good-heartedness and both sides of the personality's complete love for kohta...

whatever you believe, it's a beautiful ending and you know, a) she didn't die, and b) the director general is still around and still a crazy sob, so he will still be trying to breed and destroy the human race... plus there were at least up to number 35 of the girls, so there are probably some other crazy ones coming too...

does anyone read the manga? how far does the manga go?
lommm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-06, 05:28   Link #1275
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

AFAIK, the manga went far beyond the anime and produced a far more sadistic Lucy. I think it's ended better than the anime - there's more closure, I think.
physics223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-06, 12:58   Link #1276
PastPrime

Quote:
Originally Posted by lommm
whatever you believe, it's a beautiful ending and you know, a) she didn't die, and b) the director general is still around and still a crazy sob, so he will still be trying to breed and destroy the human race... plus there were at least up to number 35 of the girls, so there are probably some other crazy ones coming too...

does anyone read the manga? how far does the manga go?
Spoiler for manga:
Old 2006-06-06, 15:19   Link #1277
heroplant

the anime ended alot earlier than the comic so anime had to have another ending and even if there is anime season 2 the story will be totally different since alot of things moved to a different path in the anime series in the late eps.
however its not very likely there will be a season 2 on anime and almost impossible to have further story after the comic ending.
I personally like an ending that explains wat happened to everyone and clear all the mysteries,well but EL is still a very good series and i love it
heroplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-06, 19:10   Link #1278
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

O RLY?

My gosh, I shouldn't have believed what those people said. They told me that the manga was more sadistic than the anime.
physics223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-07, 12:56   Link #1279
PastPrime

Quote:
Originally Posted by physics223
O RLY?

My gosh, I shouldn't have believed what those people said. They told me that the manga was more sadistic than the anime.
Spoiler for Manga:

Last edited by PastPrime; 2006-06-08 at 09:29.
Old 2006-06-08, 08:45   Link #1280
PastPrime

Quote:
Originally Posted by heroplant
the anime ended alot earlier than the comic so anime had to have another ending and even if there is anime season 2 the story will be totally different since alot of things moved to a different path in the anime series in the late eps.
The only major problem would be the fact that Kouta has his memories back much earlier than in the manga. It would not be that difficult to have a second season that was fairly close to the Manga and with the manga ending, but it would need 24 or more episodes to properly introduce Nozomi and cover all the material. That said, unless there were record breaking DVD sales for the first season, it is highly unlikely that there will be a second.

Tags
drama, ecchi, horror, loli, romance, seinen