AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2004-11-22, 19:39   Link #1
London Stud

Is Konoha REALLY That Ignorant?

i mean.. okay, so Kyuubi attacked Konoho and the 4th encaged him inside Naruto.. so where does the hate for Naruto come from?

"Fear" some say, they fear Kyuubi and so they fear Naruto - makes total sense..but honestly, its no reason for the enitre village to hate and discourage him.

Okay, so nine tails inflicted some serious damage to Konohas village and killed loads of parents & ninjas leaving kids orphans. again, why aren't people educated in Konoha to realise that this was Kyuubis doing and not Narutos. - which brings us full circle to the fear of naruto and the Kyuubi.

i'd just find it hard to realise a Village like Konoha, which is so peaceful and even forgving to other villages who have attacked can condem one of their own very easily.

im done now.
London Stud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-22, 19:41   Link #2
Zimok

people hate him because of his extremely nasty gas problems.

maybe its all the ramen...who knows....
Zimok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-22, 19:41   Link #3
Zek
Eyebrows...

Maybe the villagers, like us, are ignorant of the specific details of how Kyuubi was sealed. In the first episode it was said that some people believe that Naruto himself is Kyuubi. or at least that he might as well be. Maybe they also think that he should not be in the village due to the danger of his seal being broken, like the adults in the first episode who said he shouldn't be a ninja.
Zek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-22, 20:19   Link #4
Superchop
Lord Sesshoumaru

People fear what they do not understand...

Notice how the 3rd knew and never feared naruto...this is cause he knew full well what happenned...now the villagers only know what they saw and/or what other people tell them...i doubt any of them know the full truth about what happenned or have the knowledge to understand the full effect of the jutsu
Superchop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-22, 20:42   Link #5
defunct
Expendable Hero

Yes, they are REALLY are that ignorant. Have they ever thought of the fact that all the teenage angst Naruto built up during his childhood from all that discouragement had the possibility of turning Naruto into a villain, repeating the whole Ninetails incident ALL OVER again? Even if they "did not understand." If we speculate that those who didn't fully understand thought that Naruto IS the ninetails instead of having it sealed within him, it would still follow the same formula.
defunct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-22, 22:16   Link #6
ssj4V

the third answers this in episode 2, speaking to iruka, i think it goes something like this, the villigars dont see naruto as a hero but as the kyuubi itself.

something like its his fault that this happened, since the kyuubi is in him.

anywayz, i dont see anyone hating naruto anymore in the village, actually his got heaps of friends, like the ramen guy, like he must know of what happened epsicially since he tells naruto to work hard and to be a good ninja, like even we dont see anyone hating naruto anymore, but his dream is still with him to prove that he is worthy and to show them he is good, like kind of with ebisu (the guy with the glasses in the 2nd ep.), naruto totally changed his view on naruto, since he indeed did see naruto as the kyuubi itself just as the rest of the villigars.
ssj4V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-22, 22:43   Link #7
neodrag38
DEATH TO 4Kids

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssj4V
the third answers this in episode 2, speaking to iruka, i think it goes something like this, the villigars dont see naruto as a hero but as the kyuubi itself.

something like its his fault that this happened, since the kyuubi is in him.

anywayz, i dont see anyone hating naruto anymore in the village, actually his got heaps of friends, like the ramen guy, like he must know of what happened epsicially since he tells naruto to work hard and to be a good ninja, like even we dont see anyone hating naruto anymore, but his dream is still with him to prove that he is worthy and to show them he is good, like kind of with ebisu (the guy with the glasses in the 2nd ep.), naruto totally changed his view on naruto, since he indeed did see naruto as the kyuubi itself just as the rest of the villigars.
Actually, I think the ramen guy alread liked Naruto before this manga/anime even started so I don't think his positive thinking about Naruto reflects a change of view for the majority of the villagers. Also, Ebisu already knows the whole business about Kyubi since he's also a special jounin so that isn't much either. There's also the fact that it wasn't like the other kids at the ninja academy hate Naruto just that they their choices in friends were at first influenced by their parents. I think the only way we could know how most of the village views Naruto is through a future situation of Naruto returning back to Konoha and walking back through the village to his old apartment, with the villagers of course recognizing who he is.
neodrag38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-22, 23:05   Link #8
bal
Gaara of The Desert

Would Americans accept if say, OBL's distant cousin was given american citizenship and lived among us after what happened on 9/11? Of course not. (many will not take in any afghanis at all)

Sorry to the overly sensitives but the example I gave was relevent. So are people in konoha ignorant? Yes... But it is human nature to be ignorant. People fear everything that is even remotely related to something that caused them harm.
bal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-22, 23:59   Link #9
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superchop
People fear what they do not understand...
And fear rouses hatred.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-23, 00:49   Link #10
Shay
Monarch Programmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir
And fear rouses hatred.
Except if you’re like me. I am immune to fear, I fear NOTHING! I pull on the ears of DANGER! I skip on the WILD SIDE!

Spoiler:
Current Album - Vessel by Twenty One Pilots
Shay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-23, 01:29   Link #11
hunterx
ore wa kanpeki da

you don't make any sense

if kyuubi was sealed in naruto, then it only makes sense that people would fear naruto.

If someone sealed Hitler in a baby would you not always be suspicious it?
hunterx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-23, 02:17   Link #12
Gevurah
What you say?!?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunterx
you don't make any sense

if kyuubi was sealed in naruto, then it only makes sense that people would fear naruto.

Wow, that's definately something to think about.

"I appear to be a plushie, but my heart is that of a wolf." - Kon
Gevurah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-23, 04:09   Link #13
hokagenaruto3
Crescent & Star

the people were cheering at him when he beat neji, that counts as a change in attitude towards Naruto.
They only need to see him fight and save the village. They won't ignore an hero and see the advantages of haveing a Monster-posessed kid in your village.

P.S. OBL wasn't Afghan, he's from Yemen. Two very different sets of peoples.
hokagenaruto3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-23, 06:44   Link #14
London Stud

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunterx
you don't make any sense

^ this is what im trying to say. if Hitler was sealed in a baby, personally i wouldnt HATE the baby. i wouldnt even fear the baby.

but Konoha being so ignorant... do.

bah, its an Anime, it needs to give Naruto his motivation somehow.
Old 2004-11-23, 07:35   Link #15
Genei Killua
Mashou no Tenshi

Send a message via AIM to Genei Killua
Quote:
Originally Posted by hokagenaruto3
He was born in Saudi Arabia, and first and foremost a Saudi.
Genei Killua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-23, 16:12   Link #16
Zek
Eyebrows...

Quote:
Originally Posted by London Stud
^ this is what im trying to say. if Hitler was sealed in a baby, personally i wouldnt HATE the baby. i wouldnt even fear the baby.
Okay, what if you were a Jew that survived the concentration camps, only to discover that Hitler was sealed in a baby who's living next door, and you don't know whether or not he has any influence on the baby's actions? Also, the baby is being trained as a soldier and desires to one day be elected president.
Zek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-23, 16:27   Link #17
neodrag38
DEATH TO 4Kids

Quote:
Originally Posted by hokagenaruto3
the people were cheering at him when he beat neji, that counts as a change in attitude towards Naruto.
They only need to see him fight and save the village. They won't ignore an hero and see the advantages of haveing a Monster-posessed kid in your village.

Except the people who were cheering for Naruto don't even know about there being a Kyubi in him. The only people I saw making positive comments are those not old enough to know anything about what happened to Kyubi or simply Jounins who know the whole story.

Also, I think there will be serious problem if the villagers see any chakra tails coming out of Naruto if you know what I mean.
Old 2004-11-23, 16:49   Link #18
London Stud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zek
Okay, what if you were a Jew that survived the concentration camps, only to discover that Hitler was sealed in a baby who's living next door, and you don't know whether or not he has any influence on the baby's actions? Also, the baby is being trained as a soldier and desires to one day be elected president.
yeah.. my hate for hitler in this case would remain. but i wouldnt hate the baby. i might fear the baby, but not hate it.

whats your point?
Old 2004-11-23, 17:00   Link #19
neodrag38
DEATH TO 4Kids

Quote:
Originally Posted by London Stud
yeah.. my hate for hitler in this case would remain. but i wouldnt hate the baby. i might fear the baby, but not hate it.

whats your point?
The problem with this is that you can't be a hundred percent sure how your feelings would be like in this situation. I'm sure the villagers who hate Naruto would never have thought they would hate the guts of a little until Kyubi rolled into the picture.
Old 2004-11-23, 17:47   Link #20
London Stud

Quote:
Originally Posted by neodrag38
The problem with this is that you can't be a hundred percent sure how your feelings would be like in this situation. I'm sure the villagers who hate Naruto would never have thought they would hate the guts of a little until Kyubi rolled into the picture.
no believe me.. i wouldnt hate the kid. i know myself better than you know me.