AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fate/ Series

Notices

Old 2016-05-27, 10:51   Link #761
Brother Coa
Banned

Ok... so we will got Emiya ( Mumei? ), Gil and Arthuria?

It's a stretch considering that they used Emiya Avatar to announce new character ( Mumei ) but then again they announced Gil by using his avatar.

Who is this new Saber class? Going by avatar it is Nero's famous blue sister. Which would be awesome but I doubt it.
Brother Coa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-27, 12:21   Link #762
Levani
貴方が私のマスターか?

Quote:
( Mumei? )
Means nameless - 無名.

I think Emiya in Extra is always refereed to as mumei.
Old 2016-05-27, 19:51   Link #763
Harry Dresden
Paranoid Zebra

"Hey guys let's make another Extra timeline game but let's add Artoria to it! What a Great genius I am" - Nasu probably.

Hoo boy, Extella keeps going from bad to worse. We started with Senran Kagura devs(which already sets quite low expectations), musou-type gameplay(which lowers expectations even more), not to mention mind-boggling addition of Attila into an Extra game, then we got absolutely awful character designs and PS2 level of graphics. And now we possibly get Artoria....In Extra.
Every time I think I can't get less excited for this game, I am proven wrong.

Let's just hope SHAFT's Extra adaptation has better decision making than this. Because Fate/Extella at this point sounds like a hot mess.
Harry Dresden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-27, 20:05   Link #764
GDB

You're clearly just looking for things to hate. Not sure why you keep even looking at anything regarding it when you long ago made up your mind on it.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-27, 21:01   Link #765
shadow1296

just ignore him, GDB. Some people hate musou games just because they are musou games like people hate COD because its COD despite the fact they do have some decent titles in those franchises.

Now on to the topic of the actual game, yeah not surprising that they added artoria it is a musou game afterall and having her was almost a given, it just means they have the basic check boxes finished, have all the main playable extra servants check, have a servant hat was introduce via grand order check, have artoria check, it just means he next servant they reveal could be an entirely new one exclusive to extella or some of the more interesting servants
Old 2016-05-27, 21:09   Link #766
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

It could be another arthuria clone instead of arthuria herself you know?
Old 2016-05-27, 21:09   Link #767
GDB

Only one I'm surprised hasn't been confirmed yet is Elizabeth Bathory, but I also have no doubt she'll be in.
Old 2016-05-27, 21:49   Link #768
mikethemaster2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
You're clearly just looking for things to hate. Not sure why you keep even looking at anything regarding it when you long ago made up your mind on it.
I thought they just added her because she type moon Cash cow and she would bring the money. Not hating on Saber she is my favorite out of Shirou love interest. Still playing Nero after her probably Original Saber. Who knows she might be an alternate Saber.
mikethemaster2016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-27, 22:01   Link #769
alex_drian

Well, Gilgamesh, No Name and Arturia (man, what's wrong with you? is clearly vanilla Saber, look in the armor and silluette) for god sake TAKEUCHIIIIIIII!!!
alex_drian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-28, 00:09   Link #770
Brother Coa
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikethemaster2016 View Post
I thought they just added her because she type moon Cash cow and she would bring the money. Not hating on Saber she is my favorite out of Shirou love interest. Still playing Nero after her probably Original Saber. Who knows she might be an alternate Saber.
I think it's more because fanbase ( in Japan at least ) was really interested to see interactions between two Sabers. Carnival Phanatism brought up that idea and it got fans interested, so why not? RP with Arthuria can be fun as hell like FGO proved.

Also, strange how people complain about Arthuria appearing everywhere and not complain about others like Archer, Rin, Gil...
Old 2016-05-28, 00:31   Link #771
Klard
The cilvilain

Hope we can play E-luck Lancer too and i don't mind if they add Arturia though, it is a musou game and Musou alway have many char to play
Old 2016-05-28, 01:15   Link #772
Levani
貴方が私のマスターか?

I am pretty excited for this game, it's probably gonna be the first thing I buy once I get my first paycheck. And I'm glad it's getting a lot of characters, I hope more people from FGO can come over here.

I wonder if it's only Nero, Tamamo and Atella who play a part in the story.
Old 2016-05-28, 01:40   Link #773
shadow1296

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levani View Post
I am pretty excited for this game, it's probably gonna be the first thing I buy once I get my first paycheck. And I'm glad it's getting a lot of characters, I hope more people from FGO can come over here.

I wonder if it's only Nero, Tamamo and Atella who play a part in the story.
i doubt they will be the only ones who will be apart of the story most mosou games that have their own story scenario usually do well in making sure that every non dlc character get to play a part in the story, so gil, archer, and artoria will play a part in there somewhere maybe as enemies or another storyline faction
Old 2016-05-28, 01:57   Link #774
rickiminato

the new saber is mordred

Old 2016-05-28, 02:00   Link #775
Brother Coa
Banned

Yeah... Mordred has silver armor with blue dress, blue hear tie and golden strips on her shoulder...

But it could be possible, she loves her dad so much that dressing up as her and acting like her would be of no surprise to me.
Old 2016-05-28, 02:16   Link #776
Levani
貴方が私のマスターか?

I want both Mordred and Blue Saber.
Old 2016-05-28, 02:44   Link #777
Harry Dresden
Paranoid Zebra

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow1296 View Post
just ignore him, GDB. Some people hate musou games just because they are musou games like people hate COD because its COD despite the fact they do have some decent titles in those franchises.
I am ok with musou games when they fit the setting. There's no way to make a lore-accurate fate musou because of how powerlevels work.

I am ok with musou games when they are made by actually competent developers instead of senran kagura developers who are far more concerned with how to use the camera to show character panties than with actual gameplay fluidity.

So far Fate/Extella did most of things wrong when it comes to looking competent:
  • Using Senran Kagura developers complete with all the problematic baggage that game franchise has already sets the tone for the game and the fanservice it would have.
  • Gameplay screens that are available inspire no confidence and look poor artistically both in the matter of design and in the gameplay they portray.
  • Graphically it looks VERY dated. I understand they want it to be on Vita, but this looks more like late PS2- VERY Early PS3 game. Or a mobile game.
  • New character designs make you scratch your head(and that's coming from someone who thought even Meltlilith and Passionlip looked okay).
  • Adding Artoria into an extra game blatantly shows that the developers and TM do not think the game can carry itself in sales without obligatory cash-cow(instead of carving its own identity like F/E did).

In short: Fate/Extella does not look bad because its a musou. It looks bad because it looks bad.

Quote:

Oh I am sorry I did not know that you have to absolutely like something to have an opinion about it, oh wait no you don't, because that's not how opinions work.

I do not "hate" Extella. The game simply did absolutely nothing to make itself look good and there's nothing wrong with stating that - Wanting a franchise you like to have actually good product for once is only normal. Right now in terms of games all that fate has is a Mobile Slot Machine and Senran Kagura:Fate Skin. And the franchise deserves more. Franchise deserves better.
Harry Dresden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-28, 03:13   Link #778
Levani
貴方が私のマスターか?

I'm not expecting a lore accurate gameplay, I'm expecting fun gameplay as I use GoB on enemies and hear Gilgamesh say Zasshu. Frankly, I think it's impossible for a lore accurate fighting game to even be made, considering the lore itself bends whenever it wants to be bent.

And I see no problem with Blue Saber being in this game. If it's supposed to have many characters you can control and play as, leaving out Blue Saber sounds idiotic and pointless. Hell, I even want Okita to be in the game.
Old 2016-05-28, 07:45   Link #779
xizro345
King's Justice

Quote:
Only one I'm surprised hasn't been confirmed yet is Elizabeth Bathory, but I also have no doubt she'll be in.
I didn't like her that much in CCC, but again I didn't like CCC in general...It's good as "VN" but as a game its pacing issues are quite apparent (and I think it's another reason they decided to scale back on monologues and such in EXTELLA). I wouldn't mind if they kept her out, but again her addition wouldn't surprise me.

Quote:
I think it's more because fanbase ( in Japan at least ) was really interested to see interactions between two Sabers. Carnival Phanatism brought up that idea and it got fans interested, so why not? RP with Arthuria can be fun as hell like FGO proved.
Well, at least for me I'm interested seeing the two interacting. Besides, I'm sticking with Nero (not a fan of the other characters - including Gil).
xizro345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-28, 09:26   Link #780
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Dresden View Post
Oh I am sorry I did not know that you have to absolutely like something to have an opinion about it, oh wait no you don't, because that's not how opinions work.

I do not "hate" Extella. The game simply did absolutely nothing to make itself look good and there's nothing wrong with stating that - Wanting a franchise you like to have actually good product for once is only normal. Right now in terms of games all that fate has is a Mobile Slot Machine and Senran Kagura:Fate Skin. And the franchise deserves more. Franchise deserves better.
I'm merely saying that the only new information that was revealed was the three new characters. You're hating on Arthuria being included, but you had already decided you hated the game based on everything else shown before. So why continue keeping up to date on the game when you already know you have no interest in it? And why continue to bash it just to bash it?

Tags
ps vita, psp