AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross > Past Macross Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Macross Frontier: Sayonara no Tsubasa Movie Rating
Perfect 10 40 42.11%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 33 34.74%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 12 12.63%
7 out of 10 : Good 5 5.26%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 3.16%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 2.11%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 95. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2011-09-14, 17:49   Link #2401
Lancel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
Our hopes & dreams must be emphasized!

- Tak
I see I'm not the only one who noticed that first one was a little slim on Hopes and Dreams as well.
Old 2011-09-14, 18:24   Link #2402
Mavrickjubei
U Get What U Expect

Send a message via Yahoo to Mavrickjubei
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveMeKags View Post
I'm pre-ordering it for my birthday on the 14 of October. Hopefully it'll be here on the 12am marker on the 20th... if not sooner... or a day later. I pray it'll be soon. I'm dying to see Ranka perform Love is a Dogfight!
So where are you pre-ordering it from and who is the distributor? Don't make the mistake I made when I ordered the complete Macross Frontier series which came with the packed with the first movie in an attractive metal polish tin case with the letters LF emblossed on front.

Very nice, right?! The surprise came when I popped it into my player and noticed that the dialog was subtitled in english but the song lyrics were not. How lazy can a company be to not subtitle the lyrics.

Make sure that your pre-order is not from a company name animeLF or animeLV. Make sure you inquire about that from the company.
Old 2011-09-14, 20:21   Link #2403
LoveMeKags
#1 Ranka Fan!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavrickjubei View Post
So where are you pre-ordering it from and who is the distributor? Don't make the mistake I made when I ordered the complete Macross Frontier series which came with the packed with the first movie in an attractive metal polish tin case with the letters LF emblossed on front.

Very nice, right?! The surprise came when I popped it into my player and noticed that the dialog was subtitled in english but the song lyrics were not. How lazy can a company be to not subtitle the lyrics.

Make sure that your pre-order is not from a company name animeLF or animeLV. Make sure you inquire about that from the company.
Hm, I just ordered it through Amazon Japan. It's difficult for me to figure out where to pre-order when some stores don't ship to the U.S. anymore.
Old 2011-09-14, 22:15   Link #2404
raile
Retired Toaster
*Author

The best quality is always in the DVD/BD.
Sheryl looks so delicious in the re-edited version, yummy hair~
Alto looks even handsomer too.
Old 2011-09-14, 22:43   Link #2405
LoveMeKags
#1 Ranka Fan!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by raile View Post
The best quality is always in the DVD/BD.
Agreed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raile View Post
Alto looks even handsomer too.
My mom still insists he looks like an old man.
Me, he kinda looks like a woman the way he just throws that earring on and goes "gun ho". That wasn't one of his best shots from the trailer. When he looked at the earring was better. He looked more sentimental and grown up compared to multiple shots from the TV series.
Old 2011-09-15, 02:58   Link #2406
woodearth
Ramen Hunter

Spoiler for Cameo:

Last edited by woodearth; 2011-09-15 at 11:42. Reason: Changed to spoiler. Thanks Yot-chan.
Old 2011-09-15, 04:07   Link #2407
magnuskn

Quote:
Our hopes & dreams must be emphasized!

- Tak
Wow, am I happy that the first translation we got of that episode ( from gg, I think? ) featured that particular expression. Other translations have been less inspiring.
Old 2011-09-15, 07:51   Link #2408
Lancel

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
Wow, am I happy that the first translation we got of that episode ( from gg, I think? ) featured that particular expression. Other translations have been less inspiring.
That line is a freaking classic.
Old 2011-09-15, 09:27   Link #2409
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancel View Post
That line is a freaking classic.
I don't know what other translations were out there, but hopes & dreams was as straightforward of a translation of that particular line as you can get.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2011-09-15, 09:30   Link #2410
Yot-chan
Minmay Guard

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodearth View Post
Spoiler for movie stuff:
You, uh...might want to spoiler-tag your post...

Spoiler for Anyway, the answer::
Old 2011-09-15, 18:42   Link #2411
magnuskn

Quote:
I don't know what other translations were out there, but hopes & dreams was as straightforward of a translation of that particular line as you can get.

- Tak
THORA, for example, had "dreams and desires", which is quite less inspiring.

Lol, just checked the scene again to be sure and the way Alto just looks totally unflustered at Sheryl grabbing her own boobs cracked me up.
Old 2011-09-15, 23:50   Link #2412
LoveMeKags
#1 Ranka Fan!!

I just realized that I'm gonna be a bit depressed after the movie comes out... Because this is the final and there will be nothing more, it's sad. I wanted to see more of Ranka. I wanted to see more scenes and focus on her. Since the movies seem to focus way more on Sheryl... it just depresses me. Ranka is a good character too. Not to mention, I wanted to see more of Bobby as well, Klan, Michael, and Nanase, even Luca... Macross F came to an end too soon to me.
Old 2011-09-16, 00:35   Link #2413
Yot-chan
Minmay Guard

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveMeKags View Post
I just realized that I'm gonna be a bit depressed after the movie comes out... Because this is the final and there will be nothing more, it's sad. I wanted to see more of Ranka. I wanted to see more scenes and focus on her. Since the movies seem to focus way more on Sheryl... it just depresses me. Ranka is a good character too. Not to mention, I wanted to see more of Bobby as well, Klan, Michael, and Nanase, even Luca... Macross F came to an end too soon to me.
You could always start wading through the TONS of mediocre Frontier comics.
Old 2011-09-16, 01:37   Link #2414
LoveMeKags
#1 Ranka Fan!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yot-chan View Post
You could always start wading through the TONS of mediocre Frontier comics.
It's always better animated is what I've learned. First of all, it's easier to get higher quality and 90% easier to translate vocals than written language when it comes to fansubbers. I hope that Kawamori at least decides to make another Nyan Nyan Clip.

And you know what just occurred to me: when Alto dresses as a loli in the movie, he looks a lot like Sara from Macross Zero.
Old 2011-09-16, 09:11   Link #2415
magnuskn

Yeah, although I obviously come from the other side at the conondrum ( could there be please more SxA and less Ranka? More Klan, Michael, Ozma and Bobby and less mushroom head and Vajra? ), I feel your pain. It feels too soon for there be a dictate of "no more Macross Frontier". There should be some OVA's at least, even fricking Macross 7 got many of those.
Old 2011-09-16, 09:23   Link #2416
Tak

Quote:
even fricking Macross 7 got many of those.
One of the seven great mysteries of Satelight.

I still cannot comprehend the reason as to why 7 was so prolific...

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2011-09-16, 10:00   Link #2417
Yot-chan
Minmay Guard

Quote:
There should be some OVA's at least, even fricking Macross 7 got many of those.
Not really "many." Technically, only one: Dynamite 7. Two, if you're counting Macross 7 Encore, which really was just unbroadcast TV episodes.

But yeah...I understand the frustration that Macross 7 remains the longest Macross series. I'm tellin' ya (and I think y'all'll agree)...Macross 7 should've had at least 12 fewer episodes, and Frontier should've had 12 more.

Unless, of course, those 12 episodes were all about Sheryl's undergarments. Then 25 would be just fine.
Old 2011-09-16, 10:24   Link #2418
Tak

Quote:
Unless, of course, those 12 episodes were all about Sheryl's undergarments.
That is still a vastly better proposition than having to endure 12 more episodes of Basara's virtual phallus.

- Tak

Old 2011-09-16, 10:33   Link #2419
magnuskn

Quote:
Not really "many." Technically, only one: Dynamite 7. Two, if you're counting Macross 7 Encore, which really was just unbroadcast TV episodes.

But yeah...I understand the frustration that Macross 7 remains the longest Macross series. I'm tellin' ya (and I think y'all'll agree)...Macross 7 should've had at least 12 fewer episodes, and Frontier should've had 12 more.

Unless, of course, those 12 episodes were all about Sheryl's undergarments. Then 25 would be just fine.
That depends if Sheryl was wearing them at that moment.

But, yeah, episode eight was kinda lame. Although it had some nice moments, too, barring the horrible animation. Especially Lucas wild fantasy...
Old 2011-09-16, 10:40   Link #2420
Yot-chan
Minmay Guard

Quote:
That is still a vastly better proposition than having to endure 12 more episodes of Basara's virtual phallus.

- Tak
You've, uh...got a point there. As does Magnus.

Still...12 more episodes of "wacky fanservice high school comedy" Frontier wouldn't have been welcome by me...I can't speak for you guys.

Tags
mecha, movie, romance, science fiction, song