AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-12-21, 12:55   Link #61
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by typhonsentra View Post
Toradora

Was the final pairing different?
Toradora? What is that? Can you eat it?

Look up...

Quote:
Originally Posted by roan View Post
My memory's off but if I recall correctly...
Spoiler:
From my blurry memories, it was something like that, yes. Though unless you read the whole two novels, the meaning of some of the final events (like Komaki's dream or her chasing Tamura) is harder to understand/less powerful, I feel.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2008-12-26, 14:45   Link #62
ipernorris

WTF is with the ending? Did the manga got cancelled like Double Arts?
It was a nice read until the final arc when Matsuzawa came back... then the nonsense started. Story with plenty of potential wasted with such an ending.
Old 2008-12-26, 17:13   Link #63
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipernorris View Post
WTF is with the ending? Did the manga got cancelled like Double Arts?
No, it was finished. While it was somewhat hollow, I was satisfied with the end... Mah, my condolences to Hiroka, kuhihi.

-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2008-12-26, 18:51   Link #64
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Wait... that's the ending? feels like the author ran out of ideas and just ended it... God, I hate open endings it leaves a bitter taste in my mouth
Old 2008-12-26, 20:39   Link #65
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
Wait... that's the ending? feels like the author ran out of ideas and just ended it... God, I hate open endings it leaves a bitter taste in my mouth
It's not really left opened... I guess the manga left people feeling that way...? It's supposed to be a Komaki end, if it's hard to realize...

Old 2008-12-27, 00:57   Link #66
『 RESET 』
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to TOP Send a message via MSN to TOP
It seemed as if the ending was sort of sudden... It would've been nice to have a few more chapters or something.

Overall, I still enjoyed this manga. However--

Souma > Matsuzawa

Old 2008-12-27, 01:04   Link #67
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

the ending felt rushed, sloppy and wasn;t thought it... it was a complete fail imo
Old 2008-12-27, 03:19   Link #68
roan

Actually, I felt the same exact way. The author for the original source material tends to dwaddle on in the middle of a book with gags and wishywashiness, then unleashes a sudden exposive spectacle at the end or towards the end. Like the, "Who's Souma-san?" letter. That actually came up on the last 2 or 3 pages of the original novel.

Keeping the pacing, but moving away from the explosion part and converting it into something mellow didn't really work, imo. I didn't get much out of it. One possible reason was that the magazine it was serialized in died at the same time it ended so the artist couldn't squeeze in the necessary stuff. Then again, it should have ended around that time no matter what, so maybe that's just the position he wanted to take with his rendition?

Last edited by roan; 2008-12-27 at 03:38.
Old 2008-12-27, 08:10   Link #69
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOP View Post
Souma > Matsuzawa

Non, non, Komaki > Hiroka

Quote:
Originally Posted by roan View Post
One possible reason was that the magazine it was serialized in died at the same time it ended so the artist couldn't squeeze in the necessary stuff.
Come to think of it, I remember reading on animenewsnetwork about a lot of manga from that magazine ending or something... Mmm, maybe that could be the reason, though I doubt it.

Old 2008-12-27, 09:38   Link #70
roan

Yeah, a bunch of titles in Dengeki Gao were finished during the final few months left in the magazine. The other stuff that was still worth maintaining were then shifted over to Dengeki Daioh.
Old 2009-01-03, 23:12   Link #71
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
Well, managed to KO this manga (another of the few that I can say I've finished... so much I've started but need to complete)... and to me it seems that though he's in love with Matsuzawa, because she's gone for a while, he'll also be with Souma for the time being (with them talking about how neither of them were rejected)... but maybe that's a watered=down manga version of events

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Old 2009-01-03, 23:55   Link #72
TrueKnight

Hear my tale,

Spoiler:

Final thought: an average series. Just had to vent about Tamura’s stupidity.
Old 2009-01-04, 00:29   Link #73
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
Yes... the guy being indecisive is what pissed me off the most

I've only seen one other thing nearly this bad, and that's with the anime version of Tsukune from R+V...ugh... even thinking about that guy makes me sick

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Old 2009-03-10, 20:53   Link #74
Tadano Mugi

"Possibly one of the best novels I have ever read... I am sorry to say but, Toradora! simply cannot even compare to this (I used to almost-worship Toradora! before reading this). Pastel is the only novel/manga that could match this one for me... unless someone is willing to recommend something better?

The ending was not horrible as most seem to suggest.. yes, the story could have been made longer (and hopefully turned into an anime, please!) but, the ending gives off a 'touching moment' as well as pleasing Ice Queen fans at the same time.

As for me, Matsuzawa Komaki ALL THE WAY! From the first time I saw the page asking 'Which do you support?' I prefered Matsuzawa and I stick to my decision. But, Souma does have some really great points about her ... and Ice Queen as a nickname.. love it. Still though, Matsuzawa is simply .. beyond words to me.

By the way, does anyone know if the last two extra chapters were ever released?? I could not seem to find them anywhere at all.."
Old 2009-12-01, 16:49   Link #75
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

This was awesome. I read it one day too. It reminded me a lot of ef and I''s.

What made this great was the characters weren't perfect and you could see where they were coming from. I think I would have liked a more closed ending or something, but it was still really enjoyable.

It would be great an anime would be made based on the novel.
Old 2009-12-01, 16:55   Link #76
2H-Dragon
Silent Warrior

To be honest I just wanted a proper ending with Tamura choosing someone(in my mind he chose the Matsuzawa, but the ending just doesn't feel right). Both girls had enough development. So I woulda been satisfied if he just chose someone and let the other girl down properly.
Old 2009-12-01, 17:33   Link #77
Kunagisa

Ah! This title brings back good memory. Sending out fake spoilers and annoying people on IRC during release days are awesome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2H-Dragon View Post
To be honest I just wanted a proper ending with Tamura choosing someone(in my mind he chose the Matsuzawa, but the ending just doesn't feel right). Both girls had enough development. So I woulda been satisfied if he just chose someone and let the other girl down properly.
This is why I hated the ending and suggested we do not finish the project haha, though I wouldn't mind an anime either ...
Old 2009-12-01, 19:48   Link #78
typhonsentra

Man, been a long time since I've thought about this one. I'd love to be able to see the original novel someday. This comic was pretty fun.
Old 2009-12-01, 20:28   Link #79
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2H-Dragon View Post
It's pretty much Matsuzawa. The novel's way of ending is a lot more certain than the manga's...

Old 2009-12-01, 21:05   Link #80
Used Can

I actually liked the fact it was short, since that meant things wouldn't get dragged, unlike the story about an annoying palmtop tiger and a scary bloke, which I ended up dropping.

As for the ending, I thought it was clear who he wanted to be with. Tamura may have developed feelings for Hiroka, but the one he truly wanted to be with was Komaki. He could never let go of her, and when he met her again he realised he truly wanted to be with her. The ending delivered this point quite clearly, and in quite a nice fashion, in my opinion.

This story is not long enough for an anime, but I'd really like it if it gets some OVAs.

Tags
romance, shounen